Replace any tri file in a race mod that has the same names as one in the citrus files or else it fucks up.

Ok so temptress is a no go.

Thanks blabba.

Sorry for not reading the topic with more attention.

Guess I will go with EEO.

No.

ANY RACE can use these morphs and head mesh.

But if you don't understand this stuff then TBH I suggest not messing around with it until you actually understand how it works.

Lest you mess up your mods.

Blabba, sterling work as always. Orange has always been my favourite colour,  just bear that in mind when you realise how much of an idiot I am when it comes to chargen stuff and how it all bolts together.

I'm using a custom race to give this mod a test run, it doesn't have any of it's own tri files, just some facegeom stuff. So I've placed all your tri files and the nif in it's mesh character assets folder. I was a little bit confused about what to do with the facegen morphs folder containing nuska and ece head chargen, so I just dropped that folder in there too, but I've a feeling that might be the actions of a dumbass. 

I'm using RM 2.7.1, everything seems to be working fine, including expressions and all of RMs sliders seem to be functioning, but her face still has  sharp cornered edges in profile, especially around the jawline and chin which definitely look morph rather than texture related. I'm guessing I've fucked it up?

edit: oh, and I'm using MO, so I can see that nothing of yours that I've placed in the custom race's mesh folder is overwriting anything installed before it, if that means anything.

Blabba, sterling work as always. Orange has always been my favourite colour,  just bear that in mind when you realise how much of an idiot I am when it comes to chargen stuff and how it all bolts together.

I'm using a custom race to give this mod a test run, it doesn't have any of it's own tri files, just some facegeom stuff. So I've placed all your tri files and the nif in it's mesh character assets folder. I was a little bit confused about what to do with the facegen morphs folder containing nuska and ece head chargen, so I just dropped that folder in there too, but I've a feeling that might be the actions of a dumbass. 

I'm using RM 2.7.1, everything seems to be working fine, including expressions and all of RMs sliders seem to be functioning, but her face still has  sharp cornered edges in profile, especially around the jawline and chin which definitely look morph rather than texture related. I'm guessing I've fucked it up?

edit: oh, and I'm using MO, so I can see that nothing of yours that I've placed in the custom race's mesh folder is overwriting anything installed before it, if that means anything.

Make that Orange nice loud and proud :)

As for your install, it sounds like you did it right. (if it was a manual install)

Though MO should show you that the files from this mod are overwriting files that are stored in RaceMenu's BSA. (If it's not then maybe you didn't install correctly after all? For an MO install simply add the mod to MO and let MO install it and make sure on the left hand side CITRUS head is below RaceMenu)

Test using a vanilla race first to see if you actually installed it correctly. As for custom race issues I can't help you there. Either take a look at the mod's esp file or contact the author to ask where the morphs are pointed to for the custom race.

See if that fixes your issue.

Thanks Blabba. Yeah I'm a slow study sometimes. Your facegen morphs folder need to overwrite RM's and they won't do that if I put them in a custom race's actors/character subfolder.  I guess that also means we can't isolate this mod to just a custom race for testing for that reason, as I'm assuming something horrible happens if we're applying your morphs to a vanilla head mesh?

Aw, I'll figure it out, eventually ;)

Thanks Blabba. Yeah I'm a slow study sometimes. Your facegen morphs folder need to overwrite RM's and they won't do that if I put them in a custom race's actors/character subfolder.  I guess that also means we can't isolate this mod to just a custom race for testing for that reason, as I'm assuming something horrible happens if we're applying your morphs to a vanilla head mesh?

Nothing horrible happens if you try using my citrus heads with normal heads. Other than the fact that npc faces will not animate while talking.

Also, you can isolate the the morphs here to a custom race ONLY if the custom race uses a seperate path for tri morphs and femalehead.nif.

Some custom races do this, but usually will only isolate the few vanilla morphs and not the extra chargen morphs.

I suggest you look up a custom race tutorial for how to properly set things up this way if you so wish.

Nothing horrible happens if you try using my citrus heads with normal heads. Other than the fact that npc faces will not animate while talking.

Also, you can isolate the the morphs here to a custom race ONLY if the custom race uses a seperate path for tri morphs and femalehead.nif.

Some custom races do this, but usually will only isolate the few vanilla morphs and not the extra chargen morphs.

I suggest you look up a custom race tutorial for how to properly set things up this way if you so wish.

Thanks again Blabba.  Yeah chargen tinkering is pretty much mandatory if you play with custom races and use any mods that apply any appearance transformations designed around vanilla races. I'm not mad keen on it all though, I usually break more than I fix. 

I have got this working...kind of. My existing toon's face was pretty different and I could immediately see some sliders aren't applying the morph at all, and others like the nose sliders are glitching out. I'm pretty certain it's something about my setup rather than your files. 

But I'm going to put off finding out what until RM 3  gets released as you advised, by then you and expired will be singing in sweet harmony and it will be worth me braving the black arts of chargen morphs on a brand new toon created especially. 

But hey, we've got a top end head mesh to look forward to using. You really are the gift that keeps on giving  :heart:

New update coming soon.

Once I fix some Khajit morphs.

Basically all vanilla race heads will be completed in next update (for females at least).

Also added the possibility of hdt whiskers for Khajit heads. However not implemented nor will be fully implemented by me.

But full 3dsmax scene file and xml file will be provided (In case someone is interested in fixing and tweaking the values to make them look good)

Female Khajit heads added.

They took longer than I care to admit.

By the way if anyone is wondering, yes it's possible to HDT heads successfully, you just need to make sure the part in question is skinned properly and not affected by the .tri morphs else it'll look weird)

(I tried HDT'ing khajit head whiskers for the hell of it, but since I didn't want to spend time trying to tweak the xml's and using hdt on khajit whiskers was kinda dumb looking I just decided to go without it.)

When I installed this, everyone's face was melted on the left side.

Did you install the requirements....

If you want debug help, please post relevant information....

Otherwise, nobody can help you.

When I installed this, everyone's face was melted on the left side.

Did you install the requirements....

If you want debug help, please post relevant information....

Otherwise, nobody can help you.

It looks exactly like easykill's image.

I was using RaceMenu 2.9, I installed the meshes and the Chargen tri files, as your directory was already set. In MO I had the CITRIS head at a higher priority over RaceMenu and the expression mod tri files. I also used CustomRaces mod, and installed the femalehead.nif there as well as the matching .tri files from the CITRIS character assets folder into my specific CustomRace(CustomImperial).

What happened was the nose was raised higher up on the face, and the left side had the meshes melting down. Similar to the Age slider in the RaceMenu when you move it all the way to the oldest, except only appearing on the left side of the face. Each sliders worked, like selecting eyes and noses, but the face continued to stay melted on the left.

I then attempted to re-install the original CustomRaces .tri files, while the CITRIS ones remained in their original directory. What happened this time, was the mesh still had the melted left side, however none of the sliders worked.

The Vanilla races and the CustomRaces, all had the melted face.

Yea, just realized that Expired changed the paths in his RM update 2.9

I'm working on fixing.

edit:

2.1 update fixes the naming.

Also updated the disclaimer that you shouldn't be using other character overhauls with this mod like EEO or anything that touches the head mesh or their .tri morphs.

Everything should work as it's supposed to now.

2.1:

I load in on my CustomRaces Custom Imperial, and it looks melted with raised nose etc, the same as 2.0. Broken. If I switch to a vanilla non beast/mer face, their faces are also melted. However, if make a change on the slider, then move to a preset to reset, switch to another vanilla race, then everything works with no melted faces on the vanilla non beast/mer faces. It also then works with CustomRaces Custom Imperial, but only when I switched to it from the reset on a vanilla non beast/mer face before doing so.

If I loaded ANY of my saved face slot saves(which were created through CustomImperial), it had the melted face again, even when switching to a vanilla race.

When resetting the smoothness again, and then moving to check an EEO elf, it bugs again but with the generic CK female nord face melted on the left side(while retaining all EEO diffuse, specular, and normals). If I wanted to just take a peak at an elven race, while making 0 adjustments, then go back to a vanilla face, the vanilla non beast/mer faces are melted.

I was just outside of the Alternative Start prison cell, so I wasn't near any elves to see if any EEO NPCs have face melting.

I'm worried now, because if I'm getting the face melting on loading a slot character save, the faces are melted, but if I reset it, then it's not. I'm worried that RaceMenu 3.0 is going to have everyone recreate their characters all over again.

2.1:

I load in on my CustomRaces Custom Imperial, and it looks melted with raised nose etc, the same as 2.0. Broken. If I switch to a vanilla non beast/mer face, their faces are also melted. However, if make a change on the slider, then move to a preset to reset, switch to another vanilla race, then everything works with no melted faces on the vanilla non beast/mer faces. It also then works with CustomRaces Custom Imperial, but only when I switched to it from the reset on a vanilla non beast/mer face before doing so.

If I loaded ANY of my saved face slot saves(which were created through CustomImperial), it had the melted face again, even when switching to a vanilla race.

When resetting the smoothness again, and then moving to check an EEO elf, it bugs again but with the generic CK female nord face melted on the left side(while retaining all EEO diffuse, specular, and normals). If I wanted to just take a peak at an elven race, while making 0 adjustments, then go back to a vanilla face, the vanilla non beast/mer faces are melted.

I was just outside of the Alternative Start prison cell, so I wasn't near any elves to see if any EEO NPCs have face melting.

I'm worried now, because if I'm getting the face melting on loading a slot character save, the faces are melted, but if I reset it, then it's not. I'm worried that RaceMenu 3.0 is going to have everyone recreate their characters all over again.

First things first.

I put the new Red disclaimer for a reason, this mod doesn't support EEO.

Don't try to use this with EEO or any other mods that aren't specifically stated.

(Hint: The EEO morphs are already integrated into RM)

Custom races might need to have their stuff setup correctly sometimes using the ck. I can't help with that since I don't use the ck.

Or if you copied all the .tri morph and .nifs it should work flawlessly (the example pics for the page include custom races with CITRUS heads contributed by groovtama)

As for the RM3 save slots loading. What you say is purely false speculation. The RM save slots function just fine for me. And the data stored in them are relevant to the slider values and names. Which are the same between vanilla and CITRUS heads. The only difference that may arise is that CITRUS heads are only 99% the same in terms of shape to the Vanilla heads. So there might need to be very minor adjustments made.

I suggest if you really want to test if this mod is working or not you use MO and absolutely check that no other mods interfere with the files here.

Or even better, just make sure you have a clean skyrim install and RM 2.9 and this mod installed.

Feel free to post your chargen logs and load order if you want further debugging help.

blabba... am I wrong in thinking your post has a condescending tone to it? I read the red text. I know it doesn't support EEO, and I'm aware that EEO morphs are integrated into RaceMenu, one can see it with bsa unpacking and it's been stated. EEO is integrated in a lot of player's Skyrim. I was curious to see how it would effect the head, and just give you some feedback on it man I'm sorry.

False speculation is redundant. Speculation by nature tends to be false as it is lacking strong evidence, which my post lacked. The worry was simply in preparation for if I'd have to redo faces, and not be surprised, nothing more.

The part about the CK with CustomRaces was basically all I needed to hear, and now I understand what was going on. Expired will obviously take care of that.

blabba... am I wrong in thinking your post has a condescending tone to it? I read the red text. I know it doesn't support EEO, and I'm aware that EEO morphs are integrated into RaceMenu, one can see it with bsa unpacking and it's been stated. EEO is integrated in a lot of player's Skyrim. I was curious to see how it would effect the head, and just give you some feedback on it man I'm sorry.

False speculation is redundant. Speculation by nature tends to be false as it is lacking strong evidence, which my post lacked. The worry was simply in preparation for if I'd have to redo faces, and not be surprised, nothing more.

The part about the CK with CustomRaces was basically all I needed to hear, and now I understand what was going on. Expired will obviously take care of that.

Nah,

Sorry if my wording came out that way lol.

But yes, I was only recently made aware of the EEO mods and other stuff that effect the heads. So I put that red warning text there to show that this mod wouldn't work as intended and screw up if you also used those other mods.

However, most of those mods really have no need or place in an up to date modded skyrim.

(RM has the morphs, and you can just extract and use the textures by themselves from EEO, so there is no need for you to waste an ESP slot.)

Unfortunately though I know where your coming from in trying to make compatibility patches for old outdated mods that shouldn't really be used anymore. However, I take a different stance on the issue, and instead of making placebo patches I'd rather educate the folks to migrate to the better alternatives or update.

However, I really don't need to be reminded about incompatibilities that I had just posted and tested xD.

If I've written about it in my description I assure you I've gone over it.

Nah,

Sorry if my wording came out that way lol.

But yes, I was only recently made aware of the EEO mods and other stuff that effect the heads. So I put that red warning text there to show that this mod wouldn't work as intended and screw up if you also used those other mods.

However, most of those mods really have no need or place in an up to date modded skyrim.

(RM has the morphs, and you can just extract and use the textures by themselves from EEO, so there is no need for you to waste an ESP slot.)

Unfortunately though I know where your coming from in trying to make compatibility patches for old outdated mods that shouldn't really be used anymore. However, I take a different stance on the issue, and instead of making placebo patches I'd rather educate the folks to migrate to the better alternatives or update.

However, I really don't need to be reminded about incompatibilities that I had just posted and tested xD.

If I've written about it in my description I assure you I've gone over it.

For sure :P

Thanks for taking the time clear some things up for me. I also agree that many old and outdated mods need to be moved past, some patches help to ease people in until they realize they didn't need it. Personally, I don't really make mer characters too often, I essentially have EEO just for the NPCs in the game world(and with patches for mods like Interesting NPCs).

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice and interesting mod, but i have some bugs with Racemenu 9.01.

Some sliders don't working when i use this mod.

Maybe i must use only 9.0?

What sliders do not work?

I make you a feedback soon with pictures.

Ok, i don't know why but my troubles are worse :/

Mod used:

-CITRUS Head 2.1

-RaceMenu - RaceMenu v2-9-1

-RaceMenu skeleton Sliders for XPMS

-【Skeleton】XP32 Maximum Skeleton

-Teeth Plus (www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53237/?)

I have tested with no mods (only your) but i have same troubles.

NPC have their mouths closed too , ( exactly the same trouble if i use "female animations" and your mod in same time), but face meshes working good.

picture 1 (no Citrus)

picture (with)

post-30616-0-66849000-1407153671_thumb.jpg

post-30616-0-02312500-1407153678_thumb.jpg

I've been testing the sliders out (racemenu 2.9.1) and the ones that don't seem to work well are:

jaw height 2

jaw width 2

chin depth

chin length 2

chin width

eye height 2

eye spread

nose height 2

mouse depth

lips open

As long as those are set to default value of 0, everything looks good.

Ok, i don't know why but my troubles are worse :/

Mod used:

-CITRUS Head 2.1

-RaceMenu - RaceMenu v2-9-1

-RaceMenu skeleton Sliders for XPMS

-【Skeleton】XP32 Maximum Skeleton

-Teeth Plus (www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53237/?)

I have tested with no mods (only your) but i have same troubles.

NPC have their mouths closed too , ( exactly the same trouble if i use "female animations" and your mod in same time), but face meshes working good.

picture 1 (no Citrus)

picture (with)

Don't use Racemenu skeleton sliders, that's a bad mod and actually screws up your skeleton scaled.

The latest XPMSE here on this site has all the skeleton sliders you will need anyway.

I've been testing the sliders out (racemenu 2.9.1) and the ones that don't seem to work well are:

jaw height 2

jaw width 2

chin depth

chin length 2

chin width

eye height 2

eye spread

nose height 2

mouse depth

lips open

As long as those are set to default value of 0, everything looks good.

I have no idea where the tri morphs for these are located, if someone can point out under which tri morph file they are under, then I can take a look and fix it.

(And their Tri Morph name)

Otherwise, I'm probably not going to search through all 500+ morphs to find out which ones are messed up.

• 4 weeks later...