PSVAC pregnancy scalable vanilla armor and clothing meshes (node scaling) (+TBBP)

Would be awesome if you can split the armors so the bottoms are on slot 49. Perhapse sometime in the future?

hmm.. idk, sounds kind of beyond the scope, of what I am trying to achieve here. I would also need to figure out how to do that first.. (maybe in a really far future)  :D

Are the nipples on the tavern wench outfit visible on purpose?

That's not on purpose, but it's the same issue as with the vanilla meshes, if you have UNP textures installed. The UNP (or maybe CBBE too) textures have nipples, which the vanilla textures don't. So when UNP textures are applied to the vanilla meshes (which PSVAC still uses), it can happen that the nipples aren't completely covered. Bethesda didn't think of that, when they created these meshes since the vanilla body uses a bra.

I could create a (optional) non-nipple version. shouldn't be to hard to do, just move the clothing part up a little.

btw, I also noticed some horrible weighting in the butt/thighs/pelvis area, which I could fix maybe.. (ever tried sneaking/crouching with that outfit? :wacko: )

-------

some off topic: i got dawnguard now  :shy: but haven't made it to fort dawnguard yet.. (started my journey towards fort dawnguard from riften, but sanguine interfered and I somehow ended up in dragonbridge completely destroyed..)

some on topic: I have been working on the Dawnguard files, but the "dawnguard"-armors are lots of work.. 5 different meshes times 2 for _0 and_1 morphs and tons of fiddling to do for each one.. at least I figured out how to transform nodes in nifskope so I can preview my changes relatively easily. and since I got the dlc, I now don't have to switch out vanilla armors anymore to test them ingame..   but v0982 for DG will probably still take some time..  :ph34r:

lol whits of thaes 6 files do u need 2 get

Depends on the Skeleton and the DLCs you have installed.

If you are still using XPMSE 1.93, you will want the 0981 files.

If it is XPMSE 2.xx you use, then download the 0982 files (and 0981_xpmse2 for Dawnguard).

DG = Dawnguard addon

DB = Dragonborn addon

So if you have both of these DLC you will need 3 files altogether.

lol whits of thaes 6 files do u need 2 get

Depends on the Skeleton and the DLCs you have installed.

If you are still using XPMSE 1.93, you will want the 0981 files.

If it is XPMSE 2.xx you use, then download the 0982 files (and 0981_xpmse2 for Dawnguard).

DG = Dawnguard addon

DB = Dragonborn addon

So if you have both of these DLC you will need 3 files altogether.

im using this skeleton (i tink the names corospondend) http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26800/?

il see to this when i got mroe free tiem zaterday probetly

i instaled thsi whit modmaneger and nwo diactivate it cuss it casaus ctd on my famalels any tecnecol suport help wold be nice

halp pls i cri evritiem

Mod manager should tell you if you have missing masters or if your load order is wrong.  Maybe it's hard to understand a program written in a proper language.

@gullu : Have you ever thought about converting famous armor packs like Immersive armors ? 

i instaled thsi whit modmaneger and nwo diactivate it cuss it casaus ctd on my famalels any tecnecol suport help wold be nice

halp pls i cri evritiem

Mod manager should tell you if you have missing masters or if your load order is wrong.  Maybe it's hard to understand a program written in a proper language.

@gullu : Have you ever thought about converting famous armor packs like Immersive armors ? 

sing since im smart il refrain from swaerign 2 u rude person for beign bitch agenst sombady whti dislexia anyhow my mod manger dident give me any missing masters isues

I have, but it seems like a lot of work. Also i think it might be best if the original creators of these armors did that themselves. don't want to mess with their (awesome) work. (and I think I'm probably too lazy..  :P )

halp pls i cri evritiem

sing since im smart il refrain from swaerign 2 u rude person for beign bitch agenst sombady whti dislexia anyhow my mod manger dident give me any missing masters isues

CTDs with this mod are mostly caused by skeleton incompatibilities. Make sure you have "XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended" (v1.93 or v2.35 (latest)) and that it's installed properly. Remember to install the Skeleton last, if you have conflicting mods (like SOS or "realistic ragdoll and force"). So it can overwrite all other mod-added skeletons.

btw: You can also get it here on LL (but it's the same as on nexus): http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25971-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

no this won't work, if your armor replacer replaces the same nif-files. The Information for the bones and weighting I edited is stored inside these and when they get overwritten.. nothing is left of this mod ;) this is basically just a collection of meshes/nif-files.

you will have to find a pregnancy enabled version of your armor replacer for that. (or create one yourself :) )

• 5 weeks later...
finally finished the dawnguard-files..

----

v0.982: - Dawnguard

- compatibilty with xpmse 2+

improved:

- dawnguard armors (5x) (belly weighting improved, belts should look better now)

- falmer heavy armor (smoothed belly)

- blind moth priest (improved belly weighting)

- vampire clothes (fixed some seams and reweighted belly)

- vampire armor (belly smoothed, had to sacrifice some spine weighting)

- vampire royal armor (fixed seams on bodice, belly smoothed (see above))

----

Sorry, took a bit longer than expected.. these dawnguard amors were driving me crazy. Fixing the same stuff 10 times in a row(5 variants x 2 nif files) is no fun.. but it is done now. :lol: 

I also learned some new stuff that made work easier. Finally found the spot were it displays the weight of a selected vertice in outfit studio, which makes it much easier to match the weighting of different armor parts.. can't believe I was working without that all the time  :wacko:  :D 

Great work.  :)

Thanks! Great to see it is appreciated  :)

Could you maybe write a how-to do what you did so we can recreate your work for other armours/meshes/bodies?

Also, since you mention Bodyslide/Outfit Studio, do you have any experience working with *.bsd?

I could do that, good idea.. I actually just typed a short version of what I did, but then accidentially hit backwards and it got deleted..  :blink:.. I will see if I can write something more detailed and post it soon.. you can also check out the tutorial in the opening post if the link is still working, to get an idea for the basic procedure..

But I don't have a clue, what a bsd-file is or does.. I actually only work with nifs and the outfit studio part of bodyslide. The whole BodySlide part is somehow still a big unknown for me.. 

Thank you so much  :)

Though I'm puzzled as using UNPB and your armors or UNP and Devious Devices :/

Yeah, I read that today too, that they don't support UNPB anymore.. 

But anyway I somehow don't really see any major problems with psvac and DD (but I rarely use it, except for SD+ sometimes).

What specific problems are you referring to? 

I also just downloaded DD 2.9.0 and it seems to work mostly (DD-items seem to be made invisible when equipping armor anyway).

There seems to be more a problem with the body-mod and nipple piercings/bras not fitting because of different shapes and weighting.

I also by the way noticed that I seem to be not using a UNPB body anyway..

I was using the body uploaded by malystraza I linked in the opening thread, which I updated to xpmse2-positions in Outfit studio to fix the crushed breasts with the new skeleton..

But today I was reading through some DD-threads and someone recommended this one:  http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1650-unp-jiggle-by-kendo-2/

But the weird thing is, at first glance it seems to be the exact same body with the same weighting.. don't know how that came to be, or if there are some other more subtle differences in weighting.. (btw according to kendo 2 shape wise it is a mix between UNP (for 0-50 weight) and UNPB (above weight 50) )

so.. at the moment I am a bit confused..  :D

btw there are also some DDassets meshes by uglykidcid for UNPB in his thread here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17397-uglykidcid-unpb-tpsb-mash-up-modified-fixed-outfits-boutique/?do=findComment&comment=397360

the belts work nicely with belly scaling, but the bras don't seem to fit the body I am using (probably because they were made for UNPB..).

Could you maybe write a how-to do what you did so we can recreate your work for other armours/meshes/bodies?

Also, since you mention Bodyslide/Outfit Studio, do you have any experience working with *.bsd?

I could do that, good idea.. I actually just typed a short version of what I did, but then accidentially hit backwards and it got deleted..  :blink:.. I will see if I can write something more detailed and post it soon.. you can also check out the tutorial in the opening post if the link is still working, to get an idea for the basic procedure..

But I don't have a clue, what a bsd-file is or does.. I actually only work with nifs and the outfit studio part of bodyslide. The whole BodySlide part is somehow still a big unknown for me..

Copy bone weight doesn't work for me since after I export the edited mesh, it detaches from head, hands and feet and sinks into the ground :s

@blabla11: hm.. yeah sometimes weird things can happen when editing armors. What kind of armor were you editing? Some armors don't seem to work well with outfit studio.. like that scaled horn armor for example or some mod-armors. I think I read somewhere that this happens when the armor was built in a specific (rather unclean) way. So it looses its coordinates when loaded in OS. But I'm no expert on creating armors, so don't take my word on this..

Another possible reason:

I don't use "copy bone weights" but "copy selected weights". This way I can copy only the bones I need (like belly, breast, breast01 and butt) to the parts of the mesh I want to be afffected. "copy bone weights" copies all bones and overrides the weighting of existing bones (like thighs, calf etc), which will also cause unwanted results in this case..

So this mod causes CTD for me. I have the XMPS Extended, but am only using the basic CBBE body. Do I need the physics to get it to work? I also have other armor replacers but I have this loaded after them in Mod Organizer. I also have Bodyslide 2 installed but I'm not sure if that helps or hurts.

Using Calientes Vanilla Armor - Combined Pack to build the meshes, then edit those *.nif (that's why I asked about the *.bsd, apparently one can add the bones there already).

I'll have to try the "copy selected weights" tomorrow, maybe that does help.

ok, time for the detailed "How to" add bones and edit weight painting in Outfit Studio.. here we go:

1. load bodyslide / open outfit studio (idk if there are some settings necessary in BS, because it was so long ago since I installed it and forgot about it. just make sure you are using the latest version, since they also update the reference skeletons from time to time. you can also set the reference skeleton manually, but I just use the one that comes with it. With BS v2.2d that is: xpmse 2.33)

2. load the first *.nif of your body as reference. file -> load reference -> browse. select the *_0.nif or *_1.nif, depending on with what you want to start or what you think will fit the armor better. _1 usually has bigger breast and breast01 weights than _0. (_0 is basically the mesh used when the weight slider ingame is at zero, _1 is used for weight 100. the values in between are morphs of the two)

3. load the corresponding _0 or _1 *.nif of your armor. file -> load outfit -> "load from a nif file" -> browse

3.5. press W, T, L to enable wireframe, disable textures and disable Lighting, so you can better see what you are doing. also shift the divider of the window to the right, to maximize the 3d window. 

4. In the "Meshes" tab to the right you can now see your reference at the top and below the outfit and the parts it consists of. By clicking on the eye-symbol you can change the view-state to none, wireframe and full. You can use this to get a better overview of the armor and which part is what.

5. select the part of the outfit you want to start adding weights to and go to the "Bones" tab. Here you can see the available bones of your reference body or outfit, if no reference was loaded.

The relevant bones in this case:

NPC Belly: This is the bone that is needed to enable belly scaling.

NPC L/R Breast: These are the basic BBP bones.

NPC L/R Breast01: These are the additional bones for TPPB.

NPC L/R butt: The butt bones (obviously)

HDT bone naming convention is different. I haven't worked with these yet, but the procedure should be the same.

6. select the bones you want to add to your outfit (use STRG for multiple selection) and go to shape -> "copy selected weights". watch the magic. This adds the bone to your outfit and also copies the corresponding weight from the reference to the outfit. 

Once copied select your copied bone in the bone tab again and check the result. You should now be able to see a blue/green/red-ish colouring on your mesh. That's the weight (map) for the bone that was created.

7. Repeat this step for the other affected parts of the mesh. I only add weights to the parts that should be affected. So if there is a part that is only pants, I don't add breast weights to that. (Some guides recommend doing that anyways, but I don't think that is necessary.)

8. Export your outfit: file -> "export current" -> "export nif"

9. repeat the same procedure for the other nif-file (_0 or _1 depending on with what you started, if you can still remember  :lol: )

10. add file to game and test it.

11. (recommended) load your outfit in nifskope and follow these steps to clean it up a little:

- spells -> batch -> update tangent spaces

- spells -> sanitize -> reorder link arrays

- spells -> optimize -> remove bogus nodes

and save it again

12. (optional) you can also get a preview of belly in nifskope. open the filetree or click on the mesh and select the node that has "npc belly". right click and select transform -> edit. now increase "scale" to see a preview of the scaled belly in the render window. don't save your mesh after editing or reset it back to 1.

13. (optional) edit the weighting.

If you are not satisfied with the results you can edit the weighting of your outfit. 

- load your outfit with or without reference. (note: without  a reference body the Bodyslide reference skeleton will be used and (if the reference is xmpse 2+) it will automatically be converted to the vanilla bone positions from xpmse 2+ (see xmpse 1.93 vs 2.00, crushed breasts issue))

- select the mesh part you want to edit in the meshes tab and switch to the bones tab

- select the bone you want to edit the weighting for

- hover with your mouse over the mesh and you will see a red circle with a green dot. this is the brush tool. The green dot shows the vertice that is selected for editing. Any other vertices inside the red circle will be edited as well (depending on the "edit connected only" setting also vertices that are not connected to the selected vertex).

- in the bottom right corner you can see the number of the vertex and its assigned weight value.

- hold S and use your mousewheel to change the size of the brush / red circle

- click to increase the weight, hold ALT and click to reduce it

- press Spacebar to open brush settings. here you can see all brush settings and edit them. "Size" is the same value that is changed with holding S and scrolling, "Strength" changes the amount the value is changed when clicking once. "Focus" changes the way the weight is applied by the brush. higher values mean it is pretty uniform, whereas lower values fade out to the outer edge of the brush. "Spacing" .. no idea what that does lol

- so now you can go ahead and edit the weighting to your liking. remember what changes you make, because _0 and _1 should have roughly the same weighting or it will likely look off)

Some useful things to know about weightpainting:

- An armor in skyrim consists of skeleton, mesh, bones and weights (and probably some other stuff, but we don't need that ;)

- The bones of the skeleton get animated by different animations. like for example walk-, sneak-animations or tbbp-anims /hdt for the breast bones. 

- The mesh gets linked to the bones via the weight maps. Without them the mesh would just float around in a standard t-pose.

- The weight map assigns a value to the vertices of the mesh. this value sets the amount the vertice is affected by the movement of a bone. 0 means it isn't affected at all. The higher the value, the more the vert moves when the bone is moved.

- The skyrim engine only handles the 4 strongest weights (with the highest value) that are assigned to a vertice. If there are more they will be ignored. These weight conflicts can change the way your mesh looks ingame. (also see "clean weights")

So for example if there are crumpled areas on the lower end of the belly that look like they didn't move at all, that is probably because there were to many weights per vert. In this area there are 4 important bones for the standard animations (thighs L + R and the spine bones) so we already have 4 bones. Our freshly added belly bone can conflict with these.

So now you have several options to fix this:

- make your belly weight smaller, so it doesn't reach into the area of the other bones

- reduce the weight of the weakest conflicting bone so it is lower than the weight of the belly

- make your belly weight overall heavier so it is stronger than one of the other bones (difficult with outfit studio tools)

random helpful stuff:

- I usually go to "edit" -> and disable "auto normals" before loading an outfit (you can also keep it enabled. There used to be some problems with that settings, but I think they fixed it since then. With auto normals disabled you can also select the different mesh parts and press R to recalculate the normal for that part manually (enable lighting to see the differences)). This has to be done before loading the outfit to have the desired effect.

- When editing weights and you have a part of your armor that is metal (like a medallion, or a belt buckle) and you want it to stay solid and don't flex, assign the same weight value for every vertex of it. I do this by increasing the brush size to nearly maximum (be careful, to big values used to crash bodyslide sometimes), set focus to 5 and click on it. This way all vertices have the same weight. The part has to be unconnected to the rest of the mesh for this trick to work

- If there are seams visible during animations, check the mesh for vertices that are in the same spot but are not connected. Then find the affected bone and make sure these two vertices have the same weight value. Check the bottom right corner for the vertex number and its weight value.

I think that is enough for know.. :wacko: Can't think of anything else. Let me know if this was helpful.  :)

If you have any questions feel free to ask. 

If anyone finds errors in my procedure or has suggestions to improve it, feel free to correct me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this mod causes CTD for me. I have the XMPS Extended, but am only using the basic CBBE body. Do I need the physics to get it to work? I also have other armor replacers but I have this loaded after them in Mod Organizer. I also have Bodyslide 2 installed but I'm not sure if that helps or hurts.

I don't think hdt physics is necessary. The only CTDs with my mod I was ever able to reproduce were skeleton related. But you could try it with hdt and see what happens, the only thing you are missing to get it to work is the hdt skse plugin anyway.

I would suggest the following:

1. make sure your skeleton is installed properly and isn't overwritten by anything else. What version are you using? (I am still using xmpse 2.33 atm, can't keep up with all these new versions..   ;) but latest should work as well.. time to update I guess..)

2. check if there are conflicts with your other replacers. Maybe create a new test profile in MO and install just this mod and xmpse. this should work. then you can add your other replacers and relevant mods and see when the ctds start.

speaking of ctds: were exactly do you see them? random? at game start?

I hope this helps. good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the best body/texture to use with this armor set?

I have tried using the Dimonized UNP textures with the 'Belly version' UNP TBBP meshes suggested in the BeeingFemale guide, but when I equip low cut armor from this pack it places the nipples too high up so they are visible above the armor.

I tried UNP skinny and UNPB but they have the same problem. The Skyrim vanilla texture or XCE seems to work fine with this set, but they look terrible after getting used to UNP (and have no 'parts' at all!)  :P

What is the best body/texture to use with this armor set?

I have tried using the Dimonized UNP textures with the 'Belly version' UNP TBBP meshes suggested in the BeeingFemale guide, but when I equip low cut armor from this pack it places the nipples too high up so they are visible above the armor.

I tried UNP skinny and UNPB but they have the same problem. The Skyrim vanilla texture or XCE seems to work fine with this set, but they look terrible after getting used to UNP (and have no 'parts' at all!)  :P

I don't really know what body/textures fit best, but it should basically be the same as with standard vanilla clothing.

I am currently using this body:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1650-unp-jiggle-by-kendo-2/

With these textures:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32986/

The only clothing where I get a bit of nipple showing are the tavern clothes, but I don't really mind that..  :angel:

You are a genius! :D

In the optional downloads section for those (Mature Skin) textures they have a vanilla body compatible texture. If I use this texture it eliminates the weirdness with nipples when armor is equipped - and it still looks fine on the nude UNP body!

The vanilla compatible texture isn't quiiiite as detailed as the more up to date UNP texture (which still features nipple travel when equipping clothes) and it doesn't have any of the options for UNP but it is much better than the other vanilla textures I tried.

If you do ever decide to tweak the Tavern Clothes to work with UNP textures I notice Forsworn armor also has the same problem *hint hint*, but the above works fine for me.

thanks, I'm feeling flattered..  ;)

Aaand since you somehow caught me in a productive mood, I created a quick fix for the tavern outfit and forsworn armor to see, if the idea I had works. Seems like it does.  :)

tavern outfit also features new weighting for thighs and spine (/1) that is still a bit WIP, but looks better already imo.

I also included some ysolda clothes I had already finished for the next version (fixed a seam under the right armpit).

The vanilla nipple version of tavern clothes with new weighting is also included. If somebody wants to try them, you just need to rename the files.

PSVAC_UNP_anti-nipple.7z