3 hours ago, Mr. Trigun said:

“We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin.”
― André Berthiaume

Relatable so much it fucking hurts...even though there is someone I'm sure will support me, I'm too afraid to remove that "mask". :cold_sweat:

You're far from alone.  Most people fit in that box to one degree or another.  About all I can offer is once you do take the mask off, it's quite liberating.  Depending on which mask it is and what sort of people are close in your life though, it can also be somewhat costly, so anyone should only take the mask off if and when they think they're ready to.  ^_^

We used to have, super-secret helicopter, an AI car, a crime-fighting hologram with Lambo, a cool cop that drove a Ferrari, a team of Vietnam veterans helping the weak, a super-fast secret motorcycle, a cool stuntman that drove the coolest truck, oh and we had an agent that could build anything out of adhesive tape to fight evil governments... now we have Big Brother and the Batchelor.

- Random guy in Youtube comments on the theme video from the 1980's TV show Airwolf.

The results vs. stated intentions. It takes a fool to care more about the latter.

You have it.  Results are from observable facts while stated intentions are based on unsubstantiated hypothesis.

- Comments in regard to this video about what's actually holding back black Americans

What the welfare system is doing is it is paying people to fail; insofar as they fail, they receive the money; insofar as they succeed - even to a moderate extent, the money is taken away.  This is even extended into the school system, where they will give money to schools with low scores.  Insofar as the school improves education, the money is taken away, so that you are subsidizing people to fail in their own private lives, and become MORE dependent upon the handouts. - Tomas Sowell

The same thing happened, in essence, with 'No child left behind'.  It was 'If you (the individual state) want this government money, you WILL have to follow the federal requirements for 'No child left behind'.'  And just about every state forced that failed system on their children - just for a little federal money.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"The interesting thing about business, it's not like the Olympics. You don't get any extra points for the fact that something's very hard to do. So you might as well just step over one-foot bars, instead of trying to jump over seven-foot bars." - Warren Buffet

• 2 months later...

"Epipens are literally pumping adrenaline into you.  You're getting a flood of "HOLY SHIT YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ASS MOVING RIGHT NOW!" hormone.  It's gonna make you go clumsy beast mode for a few minutes, and then you get a huge crash."

Dunno. I found it funny as hell.  Must be tired.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't exploit an advantage just because it emerges; wait until the optimal moment, then strike.

-- Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon, Heiress to the throne of Cintra, Heiress to Inis Ard Skellig and Inis An Skellig, Princess of Brugge, Duchess of Sodden, Suzerain of Attre and Abb Yarra

• 2 weeks later...