Guess This Location.

1 hour ago, Mez558 said:

What am I looking at in the distance (not really that hard) and what must I be doing to get this view?

Hide contents

20200121035129_1.jpg.71a91966d698b6591257283785d1284b.jpg

In the distance is Castle Volkihar which means the foreground must be Fort Hroggstad and you must be at the Steed Stone (or thereabouts).

Please note I have one still pending from a couple of days ago.

4 minutes ago, Psalam said:

In the distance is Castle Volkihar which means the foreground must be Fort Hroggstad and you must be at the Steed Stone (or thereabouts).

Please note I have one still pending from a couple of days ago.

Yes on the Castle but no on where I am. Hint: It's so much where as to what I am doing to be there.

Didn't realise you had one outstanding. That could take me a lot of fast travel to find that interior :)

Just now, Mez558 said:

Yes on the Castle but no on where I am. Hint: It's so much where as to what I am doing to be there.

Didn't realise you had one outstanding. That could take me a lot of fast travel to find that interior :)

So, in fairness, is this an unnamed location that you're looking for?

3 minutes ago, Psalam said:

So, in fairness, is this an unnamed location that you're looking for?

No, I never asked for my location, I asked "what must I be doing to get this view?"

I can guarantee that you have done this in at least one play through.

2 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

No, I never asked for my location, I asked "what must I be doing to get this view?"

I can guarantee that you have done this in at least one play through.

Well, if you happen to mean flying, I have some pics from several months ago on the thread of my succubus PC flying in multiple locations (I believe the last one was over Windhelm - but I could be wrong). And I apologize for not carefully reading your post. I ASSUMED that since the thread is "Guess this Location" that would be the goal. However, we all know what ASSUME means.

2 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Well, if you happen to mean flying, I have some pics from several months ago on the thread of my succubus PC flying in multiple locations (I believe the last one was over Windhelm - but I could be wrong). And I apologize for not carefully reading your post. I ASSUMED that since the thread is "Guess this Location" that would be the goal. However, we all know what ASSUME means.

I thought it might be fairly easy

No mod involved. Vanilla game. If I had said, what must I be floating above I think it would have been too obvious since I can only think of one event in game that this happens. Or even who have I just been talking to, again it pretty much narrows it down to one.

Answer was starting the Dawnbreaker quest, just finished talking to Meridia.

11 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

No mod involved. Vanilla game. If I had said, what must I be floating above I think it would have been too obvious since I can only think of one event in game that this happens. Or even who have I just been talking to, again it pretty much narrows it down to one.

Well, that was a good one. I thought that I had looked in every direction from that spot (I usually do it fairly early in my playthroughs) but obviously I missed something. Again, well done!

3 hours ago, Mez558 said:

If it makes you feel better I got it immediately, just got to the thread a little late.

I didn't make a guess on Psalam's cabin pic yet, since I couldn't remember just how many houses had that layout. I suspect either the food on the table or the head over the fireplace would be the unique bits...

If anything, the first place that came to mind was Loreius' Farm.

1 minute ago, karlpaws said:

If it makes you feel better I got it immediately, just got to the thread a little late.

I didn't make a guess on Psalam's cabin pic yet, since I couldn't remember just how many houses had that layout. I suspect either the food on the table or the head over the fireplace would be the unique bits...

If anything, the first place that came to mind was Loreius' Farm.

Nah ... farther north.

5 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Who, Psalam? ?

No Beitild.
I know who Psalam is.
Psalam is the person that has me downloading images so I can open them in photoshop and adjust the exposure to try an make out any detail ?
And the gifter of ?

7 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Beitild is an adult minerwith a minor part in the TG questline.

Psalam blew all his money on avocados and can't afford an ENB.

It's false. I blew all my money and can't afford glasses so that I can tell the difference! So there!

Besides, the only real details are twofold:

1) it has the greenish cast of a Falmer hive and

2) it has that hangman's rope like thing.

If those aren't enough I'll have to try clues.

8 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Besides, the only real details are twofold:

1) it has the greenish cast of a Falmer hive and

2) it has that hangman's rope like thing.

Well 1 is kinda useless since that's just about all Falmer hives and 2 isn't a hangman's rope but a holder for a brazier that would provide light if it was.. ya know, hanging. Probably its on the ground right under the rope and potentially the useful clue here.  Since the Falmer don't use lights and their commonly occupied Dwemer ruins don't use nordic braziers Lost Echo Cave.

I do have a nice double image puzzle I can post when we're ready.

44 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

Well 1 is kinda useless since that's just about all Falmer hives and 2 isn't a hangman's rope but a holder for a brazier that would provide light if it was.. ya know, hanging. Probably its on the ground right under the rope and potentially the useful clue here.  Since the Falmer don't use lights and their commonly occupied Dwemer ruins don't use nordic braziers Lost Echo Cave.

I do have a nice double image puzzle I can post when we're ready.

Please go right ahead. Lost Echo Cave it is.

These two shots are from the same location... I don't know if they are detailed enough for everyone to make out what is pictured. In the first there are 6 plinths total, three on each side of the hall way.  The keys mounted right behind them.

The bonus question is what is "special" about the puzzle plinths in the second shot.

Spoiler

ScreenShot723.jpg.685e23c401be1707974f255d919b56f4.jpg

Spoiler

ScreenShot724.jpg.c9f56469d4f711ac0f9f02c8a8096156.jpg

3 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

These two shots are from the same location... I don't know if they are detailed enough for everyone to make out what is pictured. In the first there are 6 plinths total, three on each side of the hall way.  The keys mounted right behind them.

The bonus question is what is "special" about the puzzle plinths in the second shot.

Hide contents

ScreenShot723.jpg.685e23c401be1707974f255d919b56f4.jpg

Hide contents

ScreenShot724.jpg.c9f56469d4f711ac0f9f02c8a8096156.jpg

Saarthal.

When you activate the plinths in the second picture more than one plinth will move. The one closest and on the left moves them all. Furthest on the left all but that first one. Furthest on the right moves itself and the remaining one and the last one turns only itself.

4 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Saarthal.

When you activate the plinths in the second picture more than one plinth will move. The one closest and on the left moves them all. Furthest on the left all but that first one. Furthest on the right moves itself and the remaining one and the last one turns only itself.

I'd have actually got that as I was there earlier this evening, courtesy of Skyrim Unlocked which was courtesy of Karlpaws. Small world.

Looking at the second image, the way I did it was move the second pillar (e.g. the snake on the left) as this didn't move the first pillar. Same worked on the right-hand pair.

50 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Saarthal.

Location is correct and I can forgive you for getting the order of spinning wrong... so I can throw you a bone... ?  (or as a T shirt I've seen said "I found this humerous").

40 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I'd have actually got that as I was there earlier this evening, courtesy of Skyrim Unlocked which was courtesy of Karlpaws. Small world.

Looking at the second image, the way I did it was move the second pillar (e.g. the snake on the left) as this didn't move the first pillar. Same worked on the right-hand pair.

Yup, if start on the left side and work your way around, you don't mess up the pattern or get ? (dizzy) and do get the Writ of Gauldur ?

5 hours ago, Psalam said:

Speaking of Nordic Puzzle Pillars and opening doors, here's one:

Reveal hidden contents

enb 2020_01_11 14_21_14_21j.jpg

Pretty sure I should know this one, but I just cannot remember which it is.  There is a pillar to turn and setting to Snake opens the left door when you flip the lever, but there is only a chest to loot, the stairway has collapsed. The eagle leads to the way out and I am pretty sure to a word wall as well... but if that is Skuldafn, the wall is earlier and not up the stairs.

Now I'm doubting myself, so .. eh.