[Adoptable] Slave Town - A Player Slavery Mod

I didn't realise that this was something that so many people wanted so badly. It's marked as broken and buggy as shit yet it's got over 1000 downloads?

I think its a mod we all want and need keep up the good work :D

Indeed. :P Think I'll go play it again.

Am I suppose to get a quest marker when I talk to the guard in whiterun?

0.0.4: No dialog option with him

0.0.3: Dialog option with him, no quest marker, go to Riften, talk to Keerava doesn't seem like she has any relevant dialog option, talk to Silvius dialog option keeps repeating the same thing. Go inside basement room, screen turns red, door closes, quest marker points to bed, sleep, nothing...

I didn't realise that this was something that so many people wanted so badly. It's marked as broken and buggy as shit yet it's got over 1000 downloads?

I am not that surprised. So many mods at them moment are merley "frameworks" and "mechanics", and only very few really add some kind of quests or immersion in terms of character-interaction, besides sex. Well, there are some, true, but not with using this slave-topic...

I think people had high hopes in Sanguines Debauchery, but for me, that concept was flawed from the start. Who cares about random bandits enslaving you, if all that happens is seeing your toon cuffed and raped now and then. Your approach, though still heavy WIP,  is much better I think. Handcrafted quests, dialogues, NPCs are superior to the random enslavment, as far as I am concerned

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

I am not that surprised. So many mods at them moment are merley "frameworks" and "mechanics", and only very few really add some kind of quests or immersion in terms of character-interaction, besides sex. Well, there are some, true, but not with using this slave-topic...

I think people had high hopes in Sanguines Debauchery, but for me, that concept was flawed from the start. Who cares about random bandits enslaving you, if all that happens is seeing your toon cuffed and raped now and then. Your approach, though still heavy WIP,  is much better I think. Handcrafted quests, dialogues, NPCs are superior to the random enslavment, as far as I am concerned

That's exactly what I thought. SD was interesting but then as soon as you're enslaved there's basically nothing to do. I really enjoyed that there was lots of actual quest mods for New Vegas and Oblivion but Skyrim seems lacking.

I'm still working on figuring out why the quests don't work for other people but they do for me but I have to reinstall Skyrim first because I had over 200 mods installed which were really starting to fuck things up. I'll try and work on this later today and tomorrow and hopefully there'll be a fix soon.

I am working on a player slave mod myself (picking up where jfraser left off with his simple slavery mod), or at least trying to.

this is a GREAT start to a mod that has a HUGE following already and massive potential.

Don't stop mate, just keep on plugging on, I love your work, ( even if it don't work right yet )

thanks for sharing.

Tried 04, the quest didn't start at all. My char. went to the Bannered Mare, trying to talk to Gideon & there's no dialogue.

And yes, there's a lot of request on needing player-slave type mods. I just guess it's an influence from PSE for Oblivion. But if you ask me, could've use a mod that focuses on male chars going on an adventure & taking some chicks as spoils.

Not only becouse of the slavery stuff, but most of us want some adult quest-driven mods (but yes, lots of us wants to look how the powerful, almost super-human dovakhin, even being our avatar in the game, falls into slavery and get broken and trained...)

Don´t understand me bad, frameworks are GREAT, I apreciate all the effort put in them, I admire the people doing them as I am unable to understand scripting, it sounds alien language for me, but I think 3 years and a half after Skyrim launch, is time for adult quest mods to take its place. And yes, if them involve player slavery, better. :D

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

I'm gonna wait until I hear about the mod working before I get it, but I do indeed have an interest in this. Keep up the work, for great justice!

That's what I would recommend for pretty much everyone. I am aware that the quest is currently broken and am working to fix it so I would just advise you to wait for a few days.

IAM, as you said you have about 200 mods installed...what about adapt the mod for "almost vanilla" (body replacers, zaz, sexlab ) ?

I always have an "almost vanilla" save with my dragonborn just finishing what I consider the long tutorial ( learning "DAH" in High Hrothgar ), with just Skyrim, Update and body replacer, that´s the one that I use to test mods.

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Still using 04, tried to jump to Riften & go to the basement room. Still nothing working. I check the mod files & I'm curious.When mods contain script files, they will also come with source files but I can't find them in your mod files. Is it possible if that's the problem?

It could be. I added the source files so try this if you want. I don't know if that will change anything

SlaveTown0.0.5.rar

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

IAM, as you said you have about 200 mods installed...what about adapt the mod for "almost vanilla" (body replacers, zaz, sexlab ) ?

I always have an "almost vanilla" save with my dragonborn just finishing what I consider the long tutorial ( learning "DAH" in High Hrothgar ), with just Skyrim, Update and body replacer, that´s the one that I use to test mods.

Yeah, I'm in the middle of clearing out all my mods so that I can set up a vanilla profile on MO and a profile with all of my mods.

Hmm... nothing changes. So I guess it's not the scrip problems.

But hey, I goofed around for a bit. The dock looks pretty good. No idea what's up with a troll in the bar though. Other than that, by "goofing around" my char. led a mutiny against the masters & get themselves to freedom, it was quite interesting. Having Dangerous Nights on also makes it even more enjoyable experience.

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

But hey, I goofed around for a bit. The dock looks pretty good. No idea what's up with a troll in the bar though. Other than that, by "goofing around" my char. led a mutiny against the masters & get themselves to freedom, it was quite interesting. Having Dangerous Nights on also makes it even more enjoyable experience.

Who knows, maybe you'll get 'trained' with the troll later?

Can't say I didn't see that coming. Because it'll be sad if the troll didn't do that.

I guess I'll goof around some more. I just wish you'll do something with all other buildings as well other than for looks.

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Can't say I didn't see that coming. Because it'll be sad if the troll didn't do that.

I guess I'll goof around some more. I just wish you'll do something with all other buildings as well other than for looks.

The docks are planned as the place where most of the second questline will take place, after you do the initial jobs for Master John.

There is huge demand for PC slavery mods.

still no dialogue with the first guy who has to start the quest at the first bar... 

man, stop wasting your time to fix - just re-start your work on the mission start.

I'm not a coder, so I don't know if this is a reasonable suggestion, but as I said in my comment yesterday, 0.01 is the version where most of the stuff actually "works." Maybe it is better to restart from 0.01?

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

still no dialogue with the first guy who has to start the quest at the first bar... 

man, stop wasting your time to fix - just re-start your work on the mission start.

I'm not a coder, so I don't know if this is a reasonable suggestion, but as I said in my comment yesterday, 0.01 is the version where most of the stuff actually "works." Maybe it is better to restart from 0.01?

I'm going to do that I think. I installed 0.0.1 with MO and it seems to work - most of it. All the other updates were me trying to make it work better which seems to have had the opposite effect.

Does that mean that you are not too much against the idea of implementing creature-"interaction" as well? That is ... making this mod even more interesting if true. After all, what can be more humiliating and degrading for a resisting slave? ^^  :angel:

Now the Version 5 still doesn't do anything for me I'll have to say. No dialogue-options on the guy in the Bannered Mare, as others have mentioned already. But curiosity got the better of me, and I "coc-ed" into the prison again, for a more detailed sightseeing this time around. I suppose you are already aware of the huge gaping hole in the prison that leads straight into Oblivion (aka outside of the cell)?

I must admit, the locked Docks-Area is rather impressive, even in its current state. Didn't expect it to be THAT large. And it really looks like some small pirate/slaver-settlement in some remote bay. Pretty stylish, thumbs up for this.

Now I am fully aware there are more urgent things to take care of then visuals, yet I'll mention it now anyway. I think the prison ultimately should get a bit darker, with mostly only braziers illuminating the area. And of course some props like torture-racks, skeletons, and a lot of straw on the ground might add to the dark atmosphere of the place. :dodgy: