So...um... no update tonight.

I've got an NPC ignoring a StartCombat command' date=' and I've got a gun that needs to one-hit NPCs but teleport the player; it won't do the latter and I can't tell if it'll do the former 'cause the NPC won't shoot the other NPC.

Maybe this will make more sense when I've had some sleep...

[/quote']

Either the script does not run, which is ALWAYS a possibility, or you have a fction relation issue.

Can't work on the plugin just yet, but here's a bit more detail of the problem in case it rings a bell for anyone:

Problem 1: The player enters a trigger. The following should occur in order:

• Player is moved to new cell
  • NPC starts combat with other NPC
  • Variable is set so the trigger doesn't fire again

I know that variable is being set because I manually moved myself back to the first cell via coc and the trigger was properly disabled. So the script is running and completing. Just apparently ignoring that one command. For reference, the script:

scn SexoutStoreDarkScriptInterlude

Begin OnTriggerEnter PlayerREF

if SexoutStoreDark.interlude == 0
	PlayerREF.moveto SexoutStoreDarkInterlude
	SexoutStoreNPCInterludeKillerREF.StartCombat SexoutStoreNPCInterludeKilledREF
	set SexoutStoreDark.interlude to 1
endif

End

Just to make sure something weird wasn't going on because the trigger and the NPC were in different cells, I also added this to the NPC:

scn SexoutStoreDarkScriptInterludeKiller

Begin OnLoad
End

Still nothing. So I tried using the console to start combat. Still nothing! I tried to use the console to have the NPC start combat with the player. Still nothing!

Both NPCs, the Killer and the Killed, are not in any faction whatsoever. The Killer is set to Aggressive so they will actually attack their target...theoretically, anyway.

And I remembered to give the NPC ammo this time.

Problem 2: The NPC is supposed to shoot one other NPC and kill them, then turn and shoot a second NPC and kill them too. Then they turn to the player and shoot, and the player is moved to another cell. Originally I created a gun that dealt 65535 damage and had a script to teleport the player when they were hit, but it looks like the damage counts before the script runs, so the player kind of died.

So I decided to have the gun do zero damage, so the Player can't actually get killed, and have the deaths scripted. I can't test the NPC deaths because the startcombat call isn't working, but I managed to get the NPC to shoot me by shooting them in the head. Here's the script:

scn SexoutStoreDarkScriptInterludeAmmo

Begin OnHit PlayerREF
PlayerRef.MoveTo SexoutStoreDarkInterludeOver
set SexoutStoreDark.interlude to 3
End

Begin OnHit SexoutStoreNPCInterludeKilledREF
SexoutStoreNPCInterludeKilledREF.kill
End

Begin OnHit SexoutStoreNPCInterludeKilled2REF
SexoutStoreNPCInterludeKilled2REF.kill
End

I've put it on both the ammo (like SexoutSDrugDart10mmTranqX) and the gun. The player never teleports. They never die either, thanks to the 0 damage. They just sit there and get shot many, many times.

I've put it on both the ammo (like SexoutSDrugDart10mmTranqX) and the gun. The player never teleports. They never die either' date=' thanks to the 0 damage. They just sit there and get shot many, many times.

[/quote']

I'm afraid that guns with 0 damage won't work because no effect(s)/script will work (no hit damage). Just use the smallest available damage value.

AFAIK damage is always applied to the target before any other effects.

You can always try to use UseWeapon function.

Teleporting the player is fixed. Thanks for the help.

But I still can't find any way to make the NPC enter combat...

EDIT: Completely forgot that I also started having the quest script tell the NPC to enter combat at some point. (I was wondering why interlude went from 1 to 3...) So here's that:

scn SexoutStoreDarkScript

int trigger
int panels
int door
int scene
int interlude

Begin GameMode

if interlude == 1
	set interlude to 2
endif

if panels == 3
	SexoutStoreDarkBridge.enable
	set panels to 4
endif

End

Except for:

• The moveto isn't breaking the script. The variable is being set, which means it's running script past that line
  • The scripts that don't have a moveto in them also don't work
  • Using the console doesn't work

I've still got a bit to do on TranqX darts, I don't think they work yet, but feel free to do aomething to make them work, I'm planning on making a token count for the people shot that fades, as effects just aren't staying on NPC's when passing theough doors.

You misunderstood me' date=' I think. I'd never done ammo effects before, so I used the TranqX darts as a template for where to stick the script.[/quote']

Ah, No Problems, I haven't tested them working yet, so not sure if it's a wise idea copying them to much, I'll get back to them eventually :)

All right... I've got this to a point where I can run through it from beginning to end. Now I'm releasing it as a beta so other people can find new and improved ways to horribly break it. Please note the following:

• It is not yet an .esm
  • The quest itself is finished. Other new additions, including the navmesh for the new main cell layout, are not
  • I strongly suggest you dismiss companions immediately after starting the quest. They really shouldn't be brought along but I can't figure out a reliable way to catch any companion the player might have. Bringing companions along may glitch the quest and/or render it unable to be completed.
  • To start the quest, enter and exit the store a few times.

This is my first non-fetch-quest quest. If you're not 100% certain what's going on, that's intended: it's (hopefully) the first quest in a series. There is some stuff that (I hope) is a surprise to players, so if you do report bugs, please put them in a spoiler tag or PM them to me.

Go forth and break things!

EDIT: Whoops, this is kind of important.

Please use a clean save. I started work on this quest quite a while ago and bits and pieces of it have been in SexoutStore for months. I've made changes to some of them but if FNV included any of the elements in the save game the quest might not work correctly.

So one of the following must be true:

• It's so good you don't know what to say
  • It's so bad you don't know what to say
  • You haven't tested it so you don't know what to say
  • The sixteen downloads were just people downloading everything they could find
  • You were going to post but forgot
  • There are no bugs

While I hope it is the last option, I find that very unlikely. Can any of the sixteen downloaders let me know something about whether or not it worked?

I should mention this as well (this is actually a spoiler):

No matter what you do, you will "fail" the quest. It's the first part of a two-part quest, so don't worry about not getting XP or rewards. There'll be plenty for finishing the second half.

Zippy57 - haven't had a chance to do anything other than work and test my mod. I'll give it try soon. You mentioned above about not getting followers reliably. For my Rapist mod, I wrote a little scanner that will scan for NPC and store their refs in a form list. It seems to work pretty well, even with non-vanilla followers. Download my SexoutRapist mod and do a search for rapist, and you should see 3 scripts, and one labeled with scan. Take a look at it and see if that will help. Basically, I scan for NPCs whenever I close a dialog or a companion wheel. The scan gets all npcs in the area (getFirstRef with a cell depth of 1, just in case I'm too close to a cell border) and checks to see if they are in the follower list, not waiting, and not sandboxed. I then do the same for creatures (I filter out robots currently, no rape appendages...) As I said, it seems to work well, except it is not running on game launch. I will be adding a check in the script for GetGameRestarted, so that should take of that issue. Again, download and take a look and see if that helps.

In SexoutStoreScript, you buildref the list BEFORE calculating the value of mod !

The

set list to buildref mod 14550

should be moved below the

if IsModLoaded "SexoutBrutalRapers.esp"

set mod to GetModIndex "SexoutBrutalRapers.esp"

endif

so your people will effectivly excluded from rapers.

Yeah, people have been having trouble with that. That's an oversight on my part stemming from me actually knowing where everything is already.

The key is in the room that triggers the disappearance of the dead-end. There's a light shining on it, but unless you look at the ground it's hard to see. I'll put the script to remove the dead-end on the key (so you can't continue and get stuck in the room without it) and add a light beam coming from the ceiling to draw the player's attention a little more.

Did the other 29 of you not find any problems?

The current NG beta tells people to deactivate the mod and use the clothing from this mod in the new literacy messages, if it detects any of those 'bad' clothing mod ESPs loaded alongside sexoutstore or pregnancy. MOAR downloads for you!

Edit: Because I hate it when an important post ends up being the last one on a page.