• 2 weeks later...

Does this mod add an NPC called James Flare? he is wearing a custom So bunker uniform with his name on it.

One day I went to sleep, woke up and he was standing next to me. Ever since he has been following me. never runs, just walks. I think I have gotten away from him and sure enough he comes strolling over the wasteland hills and stands next to me. Kind of creepy.

is it safe to disable him or kill him? he is interfering with my sneaking, etc and being generally a nuisance.

Well. That's an interesting bug you've stumbled upon. Yes, SexoutStore adds an NPC named James Flare. I'm not sure why he's following you, he doesn't have an AI package at all, let alone one set up to follow the Player.

I recommend doing a clean save; deactivate SexoutStore, load the game, save, and the reactivate SexoutStore. At the moment, it is safe to disable him. I don't suggest killing him because I don't remember if the last version I uploaded had the Reputation settings intact or not; killing him might make everyone in that uniform hostile to you. If you decide to run SexoutAgent, it will require Flare to exist at some point, but you can just perform a clean save of SexoutStore to fix that if you don't do it now.

I've encountered something similar to this due to hookups. If you're approached for sex, say "not here" and never complete the sex scene, the NPC will follow you randomly. I ended up with the merchant from Mojave Outpost (Lacey I think?) stranded at Searchlight Airport because she'd randomly followed me there.

A clean save stopped him following me.

I assumed it was something like a failed hookup/rape or something, but he never initiated conversation or anything and i was in an interior cell in goodsprings, not the SO bunker. Any attempts to initiate conversation with him gave me only basic sexout mod options.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Zippy,

Just two things I noticed. Neither Samantha Arani nor Sarah Helfer seem to sell anything (their inventory is empty) but I can see what they're wearing, so I have the textures and meshes. Is that what the "Known issues" vendor not selling items is about in the OP?

Is there any way to circumvent this?

Also, there is a small graphical glitch right by the front entrance down the stairs:

falloutnv20121013155310.png

This new inventory system is more trouble than I expected... Looks like I'm going to have to switch back to the old method. For reference, the new system adds the items to inventories every time the player enters the cell, but it seems to be having problems with the extra vendors that start disabled (probably because their vendor containers start disabled as well). I can't do anything to fix that right now, but I'll switch everything back and update later today.

That's... Even stranger. The items are added by a FormID list and shouldn't be random. It'll be fixed.

The uniforms are just retextured vault suits based on a custom design of mine. Random tidbit of the day: The entire organization and backstory behind SexoutAgent currently exists because of a long string of events beginning with me creating the uniforms one day because I was bored.

This may be a stupid question, as I don't really know much about how vendors work, but... would it be possible to have the vendor chest always enabled, while the vendor character starts out disabled? (And would that make any difference?)

Also, I noticed there were some issues with the Ghost armor...? After some poking around in the GECK, unless I'm mistaken, the P0 versions use the "Ghost Armor Conversion" mod linked in the OP here, while the pregnant versions use the "Ghost Variants" mod linked from the Maternity Clothes thread. That said, just for the heck of it I took the liberty of throwing together a small patch that makes it use only the Ghost Variants version (although I also deleted the two face masks, as there weren't any comparable items in that mod)... I haven't tested it super extensively, but it did seem to work as best I could tell. If you'd like, I could upload it for you guys to look it over, and maybe even incorporate it into the main file, if you so chose.

The base game hides the vendor containers in a special cell. This allows the game to, if necessary, disable and enable vendors but the container can stay active. I hate that. Why do the vendors have magical abilities? Where do they store their inventory that it disappears when I shoot them in the face? I know where they actually store it, but there's no good in-world reason. This annoys me to the point where I've seriously considered creating a personal patch to move them all into the real world. And of course when I made SexoutStore I not only moved all the inventories into the real world, I also made sure all the vendors were holding keys to them.

So my habit of adhering to realism as much as possible leads to the problem that's occurring here. If a vendor is not there selling their items, it doesn't make sense to me to have their box of stuff there as well. So I disable it and only have it enabled when the vendor is added.

However, this is solved easily. I'm going to see about moving them as opposed to enabling/disabling them.

Regarding the Ghost Armor, you should bring that up in either the SCR thread.

"Unused" is a relative term. A lot of the "unused" rooms are actually just "not used yet". I believe they're almost all set to either make an appearance in SexoutAgent, or remain a fake room forever because they represent a location; for example all the rooms (save one) in the Living Quarters section are "assigned" to NPCs, even though I might never bother to make the inside.

As for a storage room of some kind... Hmm... That would probably be a large room... Perhaps two stories... With a set of circular hallways and a staircase connecting them... And control panels throughout the area to allow operation of lights, doors, cranes, etc...

Hmm...

I'm having a problem with the Covert Ops quest too, but not quite the one other people are having. Whether or not she injects me, the quest marker takes me back to the stairs that go into SO Bunker. SO Bunker is empty and devoid of life and every door is inaccessible, including the one I just came through, where my quest marker is now pointing me. Sometimes I have access to a room with a computer terminal that opens another door somewhere else with nothing in it. The only thing I can do at this point is reload.

I feel like I'm missing some obvious trigger here. Am I doing something wrong?

Yes. You're not looking hard enough. The Covert Op quest is designed to familiarize you, the player, with a few things that will become important in SexoutAgent. One of them is that quest markers aren't always reliable. Another is that the obvious solution with oftentimes be right out in the open, as long as you're looking hard enough. The former is played full-on, the latter still gives you a bit of help. Go through the door you unlocked via the terminal and then check the doors in that hallway.

While part of me is still in a state of "but none of this was here the last few times", it's late so I can't be sure that's actually true. Regardless, you were quite right and I did miss something important, and for that you have my thanks.

I almost got back on here to mention that the agent quests weren't starting after I finished Ops like it said it was going to, but I don't think I was actually playing with the Agent mod on, so I imagine that is the problem. I should be sleeping instead of modding.

You're amazing Zippy. Just so you know.

Glad you were able to find it. That's tripped up a few people, at least one because they had their Pip-Boy light on and their monitor and/or game settings were such that you couldn't see the light beam because of it.

After you get a good night's sleep (:)) activate Agent. It should register that the quest was completed, causing Bryce to appear outside the Bunker and a message (something to the effect of "SexoutAgent: Begin...") in the console.

Quick update on the next update...

Two things have caused it to not be done as quickly as I thought.

1. I've somehow managed to cause SexoutStore.esm to crash the game as if it were missing a master. I can edit it in the GECK and FNVEdit just fine, but the game freaks out about it. Still trying to track down the issue.

2. This also caught me in the middle of trying to implement a new feature. It's something that I'd like to use in SexoutAgent, but I figured I'd try it as a smaller feature in Store first because Agent is going to be a bigger project.

Quick update on the next update...

Two things have caused it to not be done as quickly as I thought.

1. I've somehow managed to cause SexoutStore.esm to crash the game as if it were missing a master. I can edit it in the GECK and FNVEdit just fine' date=' but the game freaks out about it. Still trying to track down the issue.

2. This also caught me in the middle of trying to implement a new feature. It's something that I'd like to use in SexoutAgent, but I figured I'd try it as a smaller feature in Store first because Agent is going to be a bigger project.[/quote']

All I can offer is a reminder to check your debug messages aren't the issue, like missing the "f" from something like DebugPrint "iPoints 3.2f" iPoints will cause CTD.

Or the old divide by zero.

Hint: You must deliver the drug to Karrens to pass the quest.

Hint: You can't deliver a drug if you don't have it any more.

Hint: It's impossible to leave the Living Quarters with the drug.

Conclusion:

It is impossible to avoid failing the quest.