For everyone that is all worried about wear and tear taking too long to degrade and you want it all gone in one go, can't you just uncheck the box that says "Track W&T PC" or whatever it is, exit the menu go back and recheck it? Would this not give you a clean slate? That's what I do when I start a new game, to verify it's working I max out the values to see if the effects appear, and then clear it by doing what I just said. Maybe not immersive, but beats the hell out of waiting 10 minutes real life by waiting an hour at a time for three days.

Greetings.

I had some trouble with the new version of your great mod. It turned out that deactivating the "automatic stage advance" (not sure about the designation as my Sexlab is not in english) in Sexlab prevented most of the apropos-messages from being displayed.

Maybe you can add this information to your troubleshooting-section so anybody running into the same problem doesn't have to waste as much time with his or her own mess-up like I did ;)

Thank you for creating this mod!

Hi again! So, I'm loving all the growth and activity Apropos has been getting- terrific to see it thriving!  That said, I've come back to Skyrim and my happy smut builds, and of course, started tinkering with my Apropos files again, and I've run into an issue. (One I actually saw in the past, and thought I'd gotten past.) 

I've run my texts through Json validators repeatedly, and they're all coming up clean- but words are disappearing when the texts show up in game. They seem to be token words. But I've triple-checked my token list, and it's clean too.  I *have* added quite a few tokens of my own, but those have shown up properly in the past. Any suggestions?

Also- something that's been happening since the beginning, and I just learned to ignore, but I have no explanation for: Some words show up in the texts all in caps for some reason. (In particular, the word WOOD as a cock reference.) It's not a misplaced token, as far as I can tell- the word WOOD (or, {WOOD},) is not in any list that I know of or can find, and there are others, though that's the only one I currently recall.

Lastly, I'm not clear on how to add animations to the Unique Animation list.  Could someone walk me through that? 

20170226.1:

1. Add MCM option for Chance of W&T degrade, defaults to 5%

2. Update W&T logic so elapsed game time is computed during sleeping, waiting and applies degrade logic appropriate number of times based on degrade period (old option in MCM, defaults to 1 hour).

3. Add MCM options to support Skooma potions (any potion with "skooma" in name), Chaurus Eggs, and Spider eggs consumed by player to reduce W&T. This ties into some roleplaying oppirtunities with Skooma Whore mod and SexLab Parasites. BY default consuming a Skooma-type potion, or a Chaurus/Spider egg will apply a W&T decrease across entire body at a value of 20. Also, when said "consumables" are ingested, they will incur a small arousal exposure, and a light moan.

Greetings.

I had some trouble with the new version of your great mod. It turned out that deactivating the "automatic stage advance" (not sure about the designation as my Sexlab is not in english) in Sexlab prevented most of the apropos-messages from being displayed.

Maybe you can add this information to your troubleshooting-section so anybody running into the same problem doesn't have to waste as much time with his or her own mess-up like I did ;)

I do this as well- though as long as all the stages of a given animation actually do *have* text written for them, they still usually to show up when I manually advance. I do wish that the screen-duration was able to be set higher than 10 seconds, as I occasionally miss them.  You might try running refresh and animation patch-ups, if they aren't triggering for you when you manually advance...

Hi again! So, I'm loving all the growth and activity Apropos has been getting- terrific to see it thriving!  That said, I've come back to Skyrim and my happy smut builds, and of course, started tinkering with my Apropos files again, and I've run into an issue. (One I actually saw in the past, and thought I'd gotten past.) 

I've run my texts through Json validators repeatedly, and they're all coming up clean- but words are disappearing when the texts show up in game. They seem to be token words. But I've triple-checked my token list, and it's clean too.  I *have* added quite a few tokens of my own, but those have shown up properly in the past. Any suggestions?

Also- something that's been happening since the beginning, and I just learned to ignore, but I have no explanation for: Some words show up in the texts all in caps for some reason. (In particular, the word WOOD as a cock reference.) It's not a misplaced token, as far as I can tell- the word WOOD (or, {WOOD},) is not in any list that I know of or can find, and there are others, though that's the only one I currently recall.

Lastly, I'm not clear on how to add animations to the Unique Animation list.  Could someone walk me through that? 

1. Empty or missing words: Please provide your synonym list. In the past large numbers of customizations have caused issues.

2. UPPERCASE words are caused internal Skyrim engine. Nothing can be done to fix this afaik. Been a know problem since day 1.

3.a. Determine 'registar' name for the animation. Do this in-game, or by spelunking actual soruce of animations.

3.b. Once you know the 'registar' name, add a new line (check if the animation might already be in there first) to UniqueAnimations.txt, like: '   "myanim": true,   '

3.c. If the animation is for female as primary actor, create a new folder next to the existing description folders called "FemaleActor_myanim". Populate the folder files like you see in other unique anim folders, appropriately named "FemaleActor_myanim_Stage1.txt", etc. ,etc.

3.d. When you reload Skyrim game, just make sure you hit the [Refresh] button in Apropos MCM.

Greetings.

I do this as well- though as long as all the stages of a given animation actually do *have* text written for them, they still usually to show up when I manually advance. I do wish that the screen-duration was able to be set higher than 10 seconds, as I occasionally miss them.  You might try running refresh and animation patch-ups, if they aren't triggering for you when you manually advance...

I *always* have automatic stage advance disabled. I never miss messages. I have it disabled because I am usually fiddling with alignments or moving the camera. So, there is ZERO correlation with this SexLab setting and visibility of stage descriptions in Apropos.

I am hoping someone can help me display messages for the animation Leito Cunnilingus 2. Everything worked well until I upgraded to SLAL. Since then I cannot get messages for this animation to display. Apropos tells me that the new name for this animation is Leito_Cunnilingus_2 (changed from leitoCunnilingus2). I added it as a unique file, but it does not show as one. Meanwhile, the old leitoCunnilingus animation (the first, not the second of Leito's two cunnilingus messages) still shows messages. I am at my wit's end. I have tried adding Oral as a tag, but still nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone found a solution?

As always, a log file will help.

Not sure what you mean by "I added it as a unique file, but it does not show as one.". The log will tell us if the animation has been detected as unique.

1. Empty or missing words: Please provide your synonym list. In the past large numbers of customizations have caused issues.

2. UPPERCASE words are caused internal Skyrim engine. Nothing can be done to fix this afaik. Been a know problem since day 1.

3.a. Determine 'registar' name for the animation. Do this in-game, or by spelunking actual soruce of animations.

3.b. Once you know the 'registar' name, add a new line (check if the animation might already be in there first) to UniqueAnimations.txt, like: '   "myanim": true,   '

3.c. If the animation is for female as primary actor, create a new folder next to the existing description folders called "FemaleActor_myanim". Populate the folder files like you see in other unique anim folders, appropriately named "FemaleActor_myanim_Stage1.txt", etc. ,etc.

3.d. When you reload Skyrim game, just make sure you hit the [Refresh] button in Apropos MCM.

Thanks Gooser!  Actually- I realized that there was a second synonym list in the BDSM folder, which I think it was defering too, since I've got my prefs skewed to  bdsm-4, and (everything else)-0. So I took that list to the Json validator and wow. Total mess. Missing TONS of commas, single quotes in place of double in some places, etc.  Hopefully, that'll fix me up.  Thanks too for the walkthrough- I was afraid there was something more complicated than just adding them- some tricky hidden stuff I had to do or something. :D

And that's interesting to know about the CAPS words. Is it just a weird engine mystery, or is there some known reason the engine does that? (Glad it's not something I screwed up though. *lol*)

Apropos is a must have mod for me.  I've added TONS of unique animations and written...well, books of saucy animation descriptions. 

I get...distracted...writing too many stage descriptions in one session.  :blush:

Keep up the work on the SLAL packs, and I'll keep up the work on Apropos.

Well, I'll keep up the work regardless.... :)

Apropos is a must have mod for me.  I've added TONS of unique animations and written...well, books of saucy animation descriptions. 

I get...distracted...writing too many stage descriptions in one session.  :blush:

Would you be willing to share any of those, Forerunner? Especially Leito Cunnilingus 2 (which I cannot get to work)

Grimbold. is it possible that its reading the file from a different location than you are expecting - ie a theme folder?

Still waiting on those log files. 

72552624.jpg

THis is awesome thanks for the update love this mod nice addition adding to skooma whore I needed a better reason honestly to drink the stuff xD Also probably been asked before is there ever going to be maybe a notification/widget for wear and tear values instead of seeing them in the mcm.

THis is awesome thanks for the update love this mod nice addition adding to skooma whore I needed a better reason honestly to drink the stuff xD Also probably been asked before is there ever going to be maybe a notification/widget for wear and tear values instead of seeing them in the mcm.

That one has never been asked. Aren't the textures a good visual indicators of W&T ?

Thinking of adding a new set of textures - facial, to be included as part of progression of Sobs->Tears -> [smeared Mascara].

Is smeared mascara too lore-breaking for folks?

That one has never been asked. Aren't the textures a good visual indicators of W&T ?

Thinking of adding a new set of textures - facial, to be included as part of progression of Sobs->Tears -> [smeared Mascara].

Is smeared mascara too lore-breaking for folks?

are you kidding me that would be awesome :D

I mean it is good as is honestly but it would be a feature I would use all the time thats for sure honestly... and thinking of w&t with the constant whipping that slaverun does I wondered why there isn't a whip marks w&t ive seen it in SD+ but it would work so well here.

*whispers*  pssst....... female on female support coming soon? And...if I missed it, how do I name folder for unique animation....example... breastfeeding between friends

haha. Chajapa you're still with us?

Yes, the FF support is part of the NEW Apropos code branch I'm working on - slowly.  A big rewrite.

*whispers*  pssst....... female on female support coming soon? And...if I missed it, how do I name folder for unique animation....example... breastfeeding between friends

haha. Chajapa you're still with us?

Yes, the FF support is part of the NEW Apropos code branch I'm working on - slowly.  A big rewrite.

:shy:  Yep... still here. Lotta life stuff going on, but planning to work on JUGs some more in the next couple months. I can not LIVE without Apropos, but really need the female female interaction for the next JUGs update. I might even create a separate mod ... "Life as a Cow", but that is in very early stages. I'm even reading up on how to make a follower..... in case I want to make HER the cow.... but... need female female for this all to Gel. :)

So yeah... I'm still here..... and I'm watching you. *grin*

One other item never requested before but would it be possible for a mod to pass a custom set of descriptions for a sex act and an actor tag so the next sex act involving that actor uses the custom description.

That could be really useful for a mod like Slaverun.

That is something that has not been requested per se, but I've actually thought out about it some.

The future Apropos rewrite will disentangle itself from W&T and Apropos W&T will be harvested out as separate mod, and from that point Apropos will be more focused on just generating descriptions, etc. But W&T itself generates descriptions  (mostly when values decrease/heal), and it currently does this by being tightly coupled with Apropos. The future version of W&T will model a Apropos plugin, which essentially is a set of files under the Apropos/db folder, and calls to ModEvent to request generation and display of messages. I also talked to Min for a short while about this when the DDx devs were considering Apropos before they settled on their own home-grown DirectX, non-Flash UI layer.

So, yes the idea has been there, and is partially teased out in the rewrite code branch. But I'm not positive it maps directly onto what you are thinking about.