>= 38 & < 57        2
>= 57 & < 86        3
>= 86 & < 129      4
>= 129 & < 194    5
>= 194 & < 291    6
>= 291 & < 437    7
>= 437 & < 800    8
>= 800                 9

How can I do it? NotePad++? CreativeStudio? I find it easier to edit in NotePad, but when the game is loaded, the values remain the same. CreativeStudio it's hard for me to use to compile the script Apropos impossible, over 100,500 errors. gooser, help to configure ;)

P. s How to change the values that you set as default? For example, a message on the standard screen to the left, I need to become such as bottom. Yes I know about the settings in the MCM menu, I want to learn how to edit Apropos.

My MO Says that there is no game data on top level, so where is it ??? ( Im new in installing mods)

Right click Apropos in Dialogue and select "Set data directory", until notification turns to green.

Have you watched Gopher's tutorial videos about MO? This was explained there, among several other tings that might feel weird at first. I suggest that you go through all videos.

GamerPoets also have good MO tutorials, but those tend to be more mod/project specific. That is the place to visit, if you need some help with a specific mod project with MO.

Apropos, in the Classic version, will not truly support Femdom, or similar scenes. I have been working on a new version of Apropos that more fully accommodates F-F, M-M, and more flexibility in previously handled scenes.

For instance, the way the logic works in Classic, scenes involving Male and Female actors that are aggressive, will not work right if the Female is the aggressor.

Part of the changes for the new version is a whole new file scheme, illustrated in the attached .pdf.

Hey! that's better!  :)

The mod works very well, but is there any way that tears, bumps and cuts appear more often?

I do not want to change all the scenes, I just want to change the aggressive scenes and turn them into Femdom scenes.   :P

That actually isn't that hard to do.

If you play as a female character, basically you just need to go into the data/apropos/db/FemaleActor_Male folder and look at the text files there.  You can change the contents of them as much as you like, just make sure not to change the file names and to keep the formatting the same (missing commas/brackets/quotation marks will make the file unreadable by the mod, so be especially careful of that).

My suggestion would be to go into all the files for the types of animations you care about and change the 3rd person section to messages you want to see in game (either replacing/adding lines or changing them to make sense from a female aggressor standpoint).  Then if you set apropos to only show 3rd person messages, every M/F aggressive scene you trigger should be described as a femdom scene.

I have looked into the folder and it is supposed in that folder are the actions '' woman over man '' but everything is aggressive man over submissive woman ... that will change!   :P

If you want an easier time with the editing, check out Vauria's Apropos Edit. It's a little Java application that makes it significantly easier to edit the files without breaking the formatting. (It'll run through jPortable as well, if you need to use a portable version of Java.)

Okay! thanks!

Is this?  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/63514-apropos-edit/

Apropos, in the Classic version, will not truly support Femdom, or similar scenes. I have been working on a new version of Apropos that more fully accommodates F-F, M-M, and more flexibility in previously handled scenes.

For instance, the way the logic works in Classic, scenes involving Male and Female actors that are aggressive, will not work right if the Female is the aggressor.

Part of the changes for the new version is a whole new file scheme, illustrated in the attached .pdf.

The mod works very well, but is there any way that tears, bumps and cuts appear more often?

I do not want to change all the scenes, I just want to change the aggressive scenes and turn them into Femdom scenes.   :P

If you play as a female character, basically you just need to go into the data/apropos/db/FemaleActor_Male folder and look at the text files there.  You can change the contents of them as much as you like, just make sure not to change the file names and to keep the formatting the same (missing commas/brackets/quotation marks will make the file unreadable by the mod, so be especially careful of that).

My suggestion would be to go into all the files for the types of animations you care about and change the 3rd person section to messages you want to see in game (either replacing/adding lines or changing them to make sense from a female aggressor standpoint).  Then if you set apropos to only show 3rd person messages, every M/F aggressive scene you trigger should be described as a femdom scene.

I have looked into the folder and it is supposed in that folder are the actions '' woman over man '' but everything is aggressive man over submissive woman ... that will change!   :P

If you want an easier time with the editing, check out Vauria's Apropos Edit. It's a little Java application that makes it significantly easier to edit the files without breaking the formatting. (It'll run through jPortable as well, if you need to use a portable version of Java.)

Okay! thanks!

That's the one. 

Okay! thanks!

That's the one. 

Thanks   :)

You know if I can use and add more commas, question marks and expressions, even if they are not in the original text or do I have to respect the signs without modifying them?

Can I change the words within the parentheses?

Thanks.  

Commas and other punctuation should be fine; Apropos Edit ensures that it'll be formatted correctly.

The words in parentheses are usually meant to tag each person in the animation - for example, ({ACTIVE}) in a scene with a bandit would render as '(Bandit)'. (You can see more examples by using the 'Simulate' feature in Apropos Edit.) I can't remember the other valid actor tags, but there's definitely one for the player and tags for different actors in group scenes. 

(Group scenes are a little inconsistent with Apropos, btw - if I'm remembering rightly though, it's mostly SexLab's fault. Same reason it's not so good on M/M or F/F animations.)

Commas and other punctuation should be fine; Apropos Edit ensures that it'll be formatted correctly.

The words in parentheses are usually meant to tag each person in the animation - for example, ({ACTIVE}) in a scene with a bandit would render as '(Bandit)'. (You can see more examples by using the 'Simulate' feature in Apropos Edit.) I can't remember the other valid actor tags, but there's definitely one for the player and tags for different actors in group scenes. 

(Group scenes are a little inconsistent with Apropos, btw - if I'm remembering rightly though, it's mostly SexLab's fault. Same reason it's not so good on M/M or F/F animations.)

Okay, thanks!   :)

I only want to change the word {COCK} by {DILDO}  ... Not the tags of the actors, It's safe to modify ''cock'' by '' dildo'' within the parentheses ???

I only want to change the word {COCK} by {DILDO}  ... Not the tags of the actors, It's safe to modify ''cock'' by '' dildo'' within the parentheses ???

You'd want to replace {COCK} with just dildo (no brackets).  A descriptive word in {} makes apropos look at the Synonyms.txt file to add some variety to lines - for instance {COCK} will show up as dick/cock/prick in game or when you simulate in edit.  {DILDO} would just leave a blank space in your lines unless you added it to the synonyms file to apropos to find.

You'd want to replace {COCK} with just dildo (no brackets).  A descriptive word in {} makes apropos look at the Synonyms.txt file to add some variety to lines - for instance {COCK} will show up as dick/cock/prick in game or when you simulate in edit.  {DILDO} would just leave a blank space in your lines unless you added it to the synonyms file to apropos to find.

I understand, I'll look for the file

I see that there are different text documents of synonyms in the db folder, which is the main?, what should I change?

Then can I delete all the words in parentheses and just add the exact text I want in Apropos Edit?

Then can I delete all the words in parentheses and just add the exact text I want in Apropos Edit?

Yes, you could replace all of the words in parentheses with the exact text you want to see and if you do that then it doesn't matter which synonym file is used because none of them would be used.

Yay! thanks dear!   :lol:

Hum, unless I missed something the w&t feature is almost unusable in apropos because it doesn't handle sleep well, meaning you are obliged to sleep 1 hour at the time to trigger the degrade events, or hope you are lucky enough to trigger them while you are busy doing something else. If you sleep 1 hour at the time you loose the sleep bonus and it's very unconvenient ! Plus if you want to play this at least a little realistic, sleep is the moment where the body heals most normally ! At least adding a button in the mcm to trigger manually the event, or maybe check things again on cell change or something else, but in its current state if you don't do the sleep trick "no more than 1 hour", you end up with a character whose w&t values are always going up and never down !

Too bad...

I guess the best option is simply to disable this in the mcm and forget about it...

Hum, unless I missed something the w&t feature is almost unusable in apropos because it doesn't handle sleep well, meaning you are obliged to sleep 1 hour at the time to trigger the degrade events, or hope you are lucky enough to trigger them while you are busy doing something else. If you sleep 1 hour at the time you loose the sleep bonus and it's very unconvenient ! Plus if you want to play this at least a little realistic, sleep is the moment where the body heals most normally ! At least adding a button in the mcm to trigger manually the event, or maybe check things again on cell change or something else, but in its current state if you don't do the sleep trick "no more than 1 hour", you end up with a character whose w&t values are always going up and never down !

Too bad...

I guess the best option is simply to disable this in the mcm and forget about it...

There's a bunch of ways you can tailor W&T to match how you play the game already included in the mod.  They just don't involve using wait/sleep to erase the effects of W&T:

1 - Play around with the W&T settings MCM menu.  The big ones would be frequency of degrade and maximum W&T.  Lower the degrade number to  get more W&T degrade events as you play, and lower the max damage to something like 1000 so that even if you max out W&T it doesn't take long to start healing.  The top level damage effects start at like 800 W&T level, but the default max is 2000 which will take a long time of no abuse to heal.

2 - go into the WearAndTear_Damage.txt file in the Apropos DB folder and lower the numbers across the board, so that you build W&T slower as you play.  You can keep lowering these until W&T only starts showing up after really heavy SL usage, or make it so you only get W&T increases with some types of creatures/races.

3 - if you were going to mass sleep away your W&T anyway, go into the MCM menu and toggle W&T off, then on again to reset it.

Basically just know that you can't get rid of W&T by sleeping, but by actively playing the game.  You CAN make it go away really fast while playing if the defaults aren't working well for you.

There's a bunch of ways you can tailor W&T to match how you play the game already included in the mod.  They just don't involve using wait/sleep to erase the effects of W&T:

1 - Play around with the W&T settings MCM menu.  The big ones would be frequency of degrade and maximum W&T.  Lower the degrade number to  get more W&T degrade events as you play, and lower the max damage to something like 1000 so that even if you max out W&T it doesn't take long to start healing.  The top level damage effects start at like 800 W&T level, but the default max is 2000 which will take a long time of no abuse to heal.

2 - go into the WearAndTear_Damage.txt file in the Apropos DB folder and lower the numbers across the board, so that you build W&T slower as you play.  You can keep lowering these until W&T only starts showing up after really heavy SL usage, or make it so you only get W&T increases with some types of creatures/races.

3 - if you were going to mass sleep away your W&T anyway, go into the MCM menu and toggle W&T off, then on again to reset it.

Basically just know that you can't get rid of W&T by sleeping, but by actively playing the game.  You CAN make it go away really fast while playing if the defaults aren't working well for you.

Thanks for the info, good to know...

Well I tried first to reduce the period of the events from 12 hours to 8, but it doesn't change much things, some events seem to be skipped entierly but strangely if some npcs are followed they seem to be processed but not always the player ? Not totally sure about that anyway.

Also does this period adapt to timescale ? (I like playing with a lower timescale than the default value).

For example, in 1 instance I had one of these degrade events while playing, then I had to reload a save before that and it didn't occur this time, probably because I fast travelled at one point, I also use the "fast travel timescale fix" mod, maybe it's related, but it was a very short fast travel in distance anyway. So after that I had to sleep repeatedly for 1 hour until it happens again, and it took quite a while. It's manageable, but hard to manage.

Not being able to heal by sleeping is strange, doing it by moving everywhere is quite counter intuitive...

Since it's a world where magic can heal deadly wounds, maybe there should be a way using either alchemy or magic, maybe something only the temple of dibella can teach for that, it could make some interesting stuff, but maybe it's outside the scope of this mod here...

Also I am not sure to understand the w&t degrade value : 1.2 is the default and it's exponential, 1.0 being linear ? in your 1, you talked about the frequency in hours and not this number, right ? And why does changing the maximum w&t damage also changes the speed of the degrade events ? sorry but I think I am lost here...

Thanks for the info, good to know...

Well I tried first to reduce the period of the events from 12 hours to 8, but it doesn't change much things, some events seem to be skipped entierly but strangely if some npcs are followed they seem to be processed but not always the player ? Not totally sure about that anyway.

Also does this period adapt to timescale ? (I like playing with a lower timescale than the default value).

For example, in 1 instance I had one of these degrade events while playing, then I had to reload a save before that and it didn't occur this time, probably because I fast travelled at one point, I also use the "fast travel timescale fix" mod, maybe it's related, but it was a very short fast travel in distance anyway. So after that I had to sleep repeatedly for 1 hour until it happens again, and it took quite a while. It's manageable, but hard to manage.

Not being able to heal by sleeping is strange, doing it by moving everywhere is quite counter intuitive...

Since it's a world where magic can heal deadly wounds, maybe there should be a way using either alchemy or magic, maybe something only the temple of dibella can teach for that, it could make some interesting stuff, but maybe it's outside the scope of this mod here...

Also I am not sure to understand the w&t degrade value : 1.2 is the default and it's exponential, 1.0 being linear ? in your 1, you talked about the frequency in hours and not this number, right ? And why does changing the maximum w&t damage also changes the speed of the degrade events ? sorry but I think I am lost here...

No idea how changing the timescale would affect the mod, but the degrade period number is how long on average it would take to get a degrade event in game time.  As far as I understand the default of 12 means each hour you have a ~9% chance of an event occurring.  If you changed that to 8 the chance would only go to 12% per hour, which isn't really noticeable.  Knock the number down to 1 however and degrade should happen almost every hour.

I don't know the math behind the degrade value, I assume it means you'll heal faster over time, so I didn't mention it.  Max W&T doesn't affect the speed of W&T events, lowering it just means that if you were doing something that maxed out your W&T you don't have to heal 1000 points of damage before you start to notice your character healing (going from level 9 damage to level 8).

Regarding the conversation above, what would be the settings for 'min-maxing' how fast W&T degrades? In other words, which settings do I mess around with in order for W&T to degrade as fast as possible? W&T Degrade Factor at 1 and Frequency of W&T Degrade also at 1?

Factor -> maximum

Frequency -> minimum

I am hoping someone can help me display messages for the animation Leito Cunnilingus 2. Everything worked well until I upgraded to SLAL. Since then I cannot get messages for this animation to display. Apropos tells me that the new name for this animation is Leito_Cunnilingus_2 (changed from leitoCunnilingus2). I added it as a unique file, but it does not show as one. Meanwhile, the old leitoCunnilingus animation (the first, not the second of Leito's two cunnilingus messages) still shows messages. I am at my wit's end. I have tried adding Oral as a tag, but still nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone found a solution?

Okay, I'm a bit confused.

I have it set to a Wear Degrade Factor of 3, a Frequency of 1 and a Maximum of 5000 (whatever that means... Explanation plez :))

I have "slept" for 3 days in a row, and my current W&T (between 6 and 8 in all three categories) hasn't changed.

The above settings should be the fastest, shouldn't they?

I have it set to a Wear Degrade Factor of 3, a Frequency of 1 and a Maximum of 5000 (whatever that means... Explanation plez :))

I have "slept" for 3 days in a row, and my current W&T (between 6 and 8 in all three categories) hasn't changed.

How have you slept? One hour at a time, or 3 x 24 hour periods, or ???

Sleeping and waiting for more than one hour will still only trigger one degrade check, as I understand it. So, while a Factor of 3 and a Frequency of 1 are the "fastest" settings, they don't apply to long sleep/wait durations the way that you're expecting.

Also, from reading here, I would say that lowering your maximum will also speed recovery generally - it takes longer to recover 5000 than 1000 regardless of other settings.

Hope that helps.

At me in version Apropos_Classic_2017_01_09_01 is also slowly WearTear Degrade.
Even if set FrequencyWearTearDegrade = 1 Hour, DegradeWearAndTear triggered only every few hours, not every 1 hour.
I looked in Scripts\Source... I find where the event should be called:
    Event OnUpdateGameTime()
        UnregisterForUpdateGameTime()

Int frequency = Config.FrequencyWearTearDegrade
        Float prob = Config.GetReductionProbability(frequency)

; Every period (now 1 hour), there is a M probability that reduction will occur.
        If Utility.RandomFloat() <= prob 
            DegradeWearAndTear()
        EndIf
        RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime(1)
    EndEvent

Really the event should be called each hour...

But here it is used a strange function:
Float Function GetReductionProbability(Int hour) 
    Float value = 0.1647826 + (-0.0047826 * (hour as Float))
    Return sslUtility.ClampFloat(value, 0.0, 1.0)
EndFunction

It is unclear where the values are taken: "0.1647826" and "-0.0047826"

If we calculate:

0.1647826 + (-0.0047826 * 1) = 0.16
0.1647826 + (-0.0047826 * 24) = 0.0500002

we find that the probability of call a function DegradeWearAndTear() is:
16% if FrequencyWearTearDegrade = 1 Hour
5% if FrequencyWearTearDegrade = 24 Hour

May should be used the code?
Float Function GetReductionProbability(Int hour) 
    Float value = 1.0 / (hour as Float)
    Return sslUtility.ClampFloat(value, 0.0, 1.0)
EndFunction

In this case, the probability of WearTearDegrade would have like described in changelog:

• 5. W&T progression is now checked every hour, and will be decreased depending upon W&T Degrade Frequency (setting) and randomness (12 hour degrade frequency equates to about 10% chance, 24 hour to 5% chance)

It would also be good if was considered the sleep/waiting time.

P.S.

I recompiled (disassembled and assembled) Script AproposConfig.pex (1 line changed).
Tried in game and seems it working fine - WearTear Degraded so frequently as it should (although the random - capricious thing).