KazeYako Posted September 2 Author Posted September 2 On 8/31/2026 at 9:05 PM, Charm_ said: cannot find the controls listing for the menu in Controls and alt + o does nothing edit: o on its own opens the settings but holding alt prevents it from doing so, likely due to alt being other mods' 'analyze target pal' key 'O' was the old keybind, so you may be using an old version and not the latest one.
KazeYako Posted September 2 Author Posted September 2 On 8/28/2026 at 11:29 AM, rzginlbgrou said: Currently having some inconsistent trouble with crashing to desktop. This is my first install of PalBreeder, with a newly-updated SCake and UE4SS Latest Experimental. A couple crashes have occurred as pregnancy attempted to progress, but I think those were user error - those were before I double-checked and found out I didn't install the mod properly. However, after fixing that, it hasn't fixed crashes when opening the PalBreeder menu with alt+O; sometimes the first attempt to open the menu crashes the game, sometimes it'll open several times and crash on an attempt later (I make sure to give the game a minute to load everything before I try opening the menu). I've successfully tested one Pal birth, but the next one after that crashed. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with other mods I have, but I wouldn't know where to start - I made sure the previously-installed mods I updated worked on their own before I installed this one. Attached is the log. UE4SS.log 136.19 kB · 2 downloads I can't confirm this on my end, but the logs do not show any obvious implementation errors or reasons for a crash. The last event was an attempt from SCake to save its data for a fresh player start, but if this is the reason for the crash or just the last event that happened is not visible. I could only guess that there is still something wrong with the installation, but don't have a reasonable guess, what could cause this exact behaviour with the current version. there will be another version coming up later, so you could try it and see if this improves it.
ButterBalls3030 Posted September 2 Posted September 2 found a bug where I couldn't access the menu. I don't remember how it happened but restarting the game fixed it
ptmc2112 Posted September 2 Posted September 2 (edited) @KazeYako HUGE BUG: male check should NOT check based on body type. cause I use the Futa mod from R345OT's mod (linked below), which replaces the male model with a character with both vagina and penis as part of the model, which makes it a viable use case here is a screenshot if the futa model with the vagina in view: Spoiler bonus picture from character creation, in case the one above is not clear: Spoiler You can check if a file exists in lua by checking if io.open results in nil. the futa file is called "R345OT_PalHumanPackFuta_P.pak" in the "~Mods" folder when checking. I assume the _P is referring to the player. hope you feel better. Edited September 2 by ptmc2112
Bohauo Posted September 2 Posted September 2 Question: Is there any problems reported with SCake 0.7.9 TEST and Palbreeder 0.2.1??? i haven't downloaded SCake 0.7.9 yet, but since this req. a clean save i thought i would try... Minor question: Is there any alternative clothing to KazeBody? it is by far the best looking body re placer on the market no so to say...
KazeYako Posted September 2 Author Posted September 2 4 hours ago, ptmc2112 said: @KazeYako HUGE BUG: male check should NOT check based on body type. cause I use the Futa mod from R345OT's mod (linked below), which replaces the male model with a character with both vagina and penis as part of the model, which makes it a viable use case here is a screenshot if the futa model with the vagina in view: Reveal hidden contents bonus picture from character creation, in case the one above is not clear: Reveal hidden contents You can check if a file exists in lua by checking if io.open results in nil. the futa file is called "R345OT_PalHumanPackFuta_P.pak" in the "~Mods" folder when checking. I assume the _P is referring to the player. hope you feel better. Thanks but there is currently no health improvements in sight -_-. It will take a good amount of time until I'll be able to make a "fix" for this. In general it works as intended, so its not really a bug. If you want to use a male player in the meantime you can edit the check so it does not exclude the character. You should only need to change this line in the file "...\Palworld\Pal\Binaries\Win64\ue4ss\Mods\PalBreeder\scripts\pal_breeder\player_eligibility.lua" -- Current function PlayerEligibility.classify(value) local gender = PlayerEligibility.normalize_gender(value) if gender == "female" then return "Eligible", gender end if gender == "male" then return "Ineligible", gender end return "Unknown", nil end -- Change To function PlayerEligibility.classify(value) local gender = PlayerEligibility.normalize_gender(value) if gender == "female" then return "Eligible", gender end if gender == "male" then return "Eligible", gender end return "Unknown", nil end
darthmedivh Posted September 2 Posted September 2 New update has been much smoother on the loading, which is appreciated. Had a workaround but it certainly got a bit tedious before 😜 The new UI is also a lot cleaner, especially the egg menu. Visuals certainly help a lot when seeing who gave you what. Keep up the good work, but certainly take care of yourself first. Mod right now certainly seems to be in a much better, much more usable spot at least til the next big palworld update
ptmc2112 Posted September 2 Posted September 2 (edited) 2 hours ago, KazeYako said: Thanks but there is currently no health improvements in sight -_-. It will take a good amount of time until I'll be able to make a "fix" for this. In general it works as intended, so its not really a bug. If you want to use a male player in the meantime you can edit the check so it does not exclude the character. You should only need to change this line in the file "...\Palworld\Pal\Binaries\Win64\ue4ss\Mods\PalBreeder\scripts\pal_breeder\player_eligibility.lua" -- Current function PlayerEligibility.classify(value) local gender = PlayerEligibility.normalize_gender(value) if gender == "female" then return "Eligible", gender end if gender == "male" then return "Ineligible", gender end return "Unknown", nil end -- Change To function PlayerEligibility.classify(value) local gender = PlayerEligibility.normalize_gender(value) if gender == "female" then return "Eligible", gender end if gender == "male" then return "Eligible", gender end return "Unknown", nil end Thanks! I tried to fix it myself, so that it would be ineligible if it didn't find that mod, but I screwed up so bad, it just broke the whole palbreeder mod. EDIT: new bug: right clicking any of the items added by this mod will make this menu appear, when it shouldn't (haven't tested all the items, but the ones I have tested worked this way): Spoiler Edited September 2 by ptmc2112 1
Munk_Master Posted September 2 Posted September 2 I dont know if i am stupid or something but i cant open the menu with alt + o at all, and i sould have all the recierments that this mod want. It does not matter if it is a new save or a old (should it matter considering that this is the first time i download this mod?).
MavisXe Posted September 3 Posted September 3 (edited) Hey! Got the mod working since last time. The inflations all work, the milking works, the insert and extracting egg animations work - all good stuff, however I am also experiencing the crashes I've seen other report when they open the menu "ALT+O" whilst at a certain point during pregnancy. I have even started a new world and made sure both SCake and PalBreeder are up to date as well as PalSchema and UE4SS. I can't seem to figure out if this is an issue with conflictions within the mod itself or some other issue. I *am* using the Steam versions of UE4SS and PalSchema which I double checked are in-fact up to date and I installed the mods properly for it to work - it's just the ALT+O menu likes the crash after certain events. If you have any idea or fixes what could be causing this, would love the help! Here's my directories as I said I am using the Steam Version - however the mods do work. D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Palworld\Mods\NativeMods\UE4SS\Mods\PalBreeder < Config and Scripts location D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Palworld\Pal\Content\Paks\LogicMods\PalBreeder < PAK file location D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Palworld\Mods\NativeMods\UE4SS\Mods\PalSchema\mods\PalBreeder < Items location D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Palworld\Pal\Content\Paks\~Mods\AnimConfig < Animations JSON location D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Palworld\Pal\Content\Paks\~Mods\SaveConfig < World State and Lineage JSON / BAK EDIT: I can confirm after a fresh install with no mods installed - it is PalBreeder crashing due to some circumstance within itself - at least that's how it appears to be on my end - as the game still crashes on occasion when accessing the menu and sometimes the menu itself will also just disable and can't be opened again. EDIT 2: After multiple restarts and crashes, I did eventully manage to birth a pal using an egg I spawned from a cheat menu - it was just a long process rebooting the game over and over but the mod does work despite the errors. Edited September 3 by MavisXe Added lone-mod findings.
MavisXe Posted September 3 Posted September 3 Whilst I'm here - can anyone recommend a working animations / model script? I'm looking for one that is compatible with this mod with the latest version for a friend of mine who's interested in the mod too. Needs to have Male Pal on Female Human / Player animations of course.
KazeYako Posted September 3 Author Posted September 3 16 hours ago, Munk_Master said: I dont know if i am stupid or something but i cant open the menu with alt + o at all, and i sould have all the recierments that this mod want. It does not matter if it is a new save or a old (should it matter considering that this is the first time i download this mod?). 10 hours ago, MavisXe said: Hey! Got the mod working since last time. The inflations all work, the milking works, the insert and extracting egg animations work - all good stuff, however I am also experiencing the crashes I've seen other report when they open the menu "ALT+O" whilst at a certain point during pregnancy. I have even started a new world and made sure both SCake and PalBreeder are up to date as well as PalSchema and UE4SS. I can't seem to figure out if this is an issue with conflictions within the mod itself or some other issue. I *am* using the Steam versions of UE4SS and PalSchema which I double checked are in-fact up to date and I installed the mods properly for it to work - it's just the ALT+O menu likes the crash after certain events. If you have any idea or fixes what could be causing this, would love the help! Here's my directories as I said I am using the Steam Version - however the mods do work. D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Palworld\Mods\NativeMods\UE4SS\Mods\PalBreeder < Config and Scripts location D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Palworld\Pal\Content\Paks\LogicMods\PalBreeder < PAK file location D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Palworld\Mods\NativeMods\UE4SS\Mods\PalSchema\mods\PalBreeder < Items location D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Palworld\Pal\Content\Paks\~Mods\AnimConfig < Animations JSON location D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Palworld\Pal\Content\Paks\~Mods\SaveConfig < World State and Lineage JSON / BAK EDIT: I can confirm after a fresh install with no mods installed - it is PalBreeder crashing due to some circumstance within itself - at least that's how it appears to be on my end - as the game still crashes on occasion when accessing the menu and sometimes the menu itself will also just disable and can't be opened again. EDIT 2: After multiple restarts and crashes, I did eventully manage to birth a pal using an egg I spawned from a cheat menu - it was just a long process rebooting the game over and over but the mod does work despite the errors. Mixed installations are currently not supported and would need manual edits of the mod files for this to work (as far as I know). You are currently using the Workshop version of UE4SS that is saved in Mods, and not the standalone version that is also placed in Pal (...\Palworld\Pal\Binaries\Win64\ue4ss). This setup is not tested and has a good chance of causing crashes. Not necessarily, but it is a blind spot, so I can't rule it out.
Serverscrying Posted September 3 Posted September 3 I probably am being stupid but I can't seem to find the option to reposition the widget, only to reset to default position.
darthmedivh Posted September 3 Posted September 3 4 hours ago, Serverscrying said: I probably am being stupid but I can't seem to find the option to reposition the widget, only to reset to default position. Just gotta drag and drop it while there's a menu open and you have normal mouse control. No commands for it other than reset. 1
LustInBlue Posted September 4 Posted September 4 Same problem as Munk, Alt + O does nothing. Have fresh installed twice now, and still no menu.
ptmc2112 Posted September 4 Posted September 4 (edited) 8 hours ago, LustInBlue said: Same problem as Munk, Alt + O does nothing. Have fresh installed twice now, and still no menu. if you are male, there is no menu, which is by design. However, if you are using the futa replacer from R345OT, I posted the temporary (i hope it's temporary) fix over here: Edited September 4 by ptmc2112
coloniel3 Posted September 4 Posted September 4 (edited) I have no idea if I am being dumb and messed something up or not, I probably did mess up somehow, but I crash when attempting to access the settings menu. I was being dumb, it was a me issue lol. Edited September 4 by coloniel3
ancient_madness Posted September 6 Posted September 6 Will these mechanics also be reversed for male character players in the future? 1
Shiaris Posted September 8 Posted September 8 I also have the Alt+O menu crashes, seemingly random, it always crashes while moving (WASD) PalWorld - Steam, fresh installation, all mods installed manually - no workshop, fresh save UE4SS - UE4SS_v3.0.1-1127-g2bfa839f SugarCake - Sugar Cake Framework Collection v0.07.09 TEST (UPI_0.01.10)(ALT_0.04.01) PalBreeder - PalBreeder_STEAM_0.2.1 + KazeBody - KazeBody_STEAM_0.1.5 + PlayerMorphFramework - PlayerMorphFramework_STEAM_0.2.1 Load Order: PlayerMorphFramework UniPalUI Altermatic SugarCake PalBreeder UE4SS.log
seyal Posted September 9 Posted September 9 Well, some of you lot are getting along further than I. I can get the morphs to work, and the Alt + O menu was working, but then I was roaming around the map and hit a point where something seems to have tripped up in the PalBreeder mod, the game crashed after a few hours of playing. Trying to reload the game and the saved file lets me run for about a minute or so before crashing again. I cleared my crash cashe after removing PalBreeder and then the game runs just fine. Not sure what the hang up is though.
kurobitenshi Posted September 9 Posted September 9 so when changing the "pick a button to open pal breeder menu" i accidentally set mine to Left click like an idiot. what file can i go into to modify the button to open the palbreeder menu?
ptmc2112 Posted September 9 Posted September 9 6 hours ago, kurobitenshi said: so when changing the "pick a button to open pal breeder menu" i accidentally set mine to Left click like an idiot. what file can i go into to modify the button to open the palbreeder menu? Alt+O is always the shortcut, the shortcut you set is the alternative for it However, if you want to reset it to original, you need to edit the user_settings file in either: Palworld\Binaries\Win64\ue4ss\Mods\PalBreeder\config or Palworld\Mods\NativeMods\UE4SS\Mods\PalBreeder\config change the lines below "activation_key"from this (if LeftClick is different, it's fine): "key": "LeftClick", "shift": false, "control": false, "alt": false to this: "key": "O", "shift": false, "control": false, "alt": true
joystickhacks Posted September 10 Posted September 10 When choosing to lay the egg and save for later i get the message that "egg info hasn't been recieved after 4 seconds." Then the body morphs are reapplied and pregnancy is set back to 100%. If i choose to birth the egg, i get a nul entity in the pal box. The only additional mod im running is the Pal Human armor and body pack. Ill try to remove that and test again.
Gamingg6 Posted September 10 Posted September 10 Seems bit unfair that it's only for female players. still a great mod nonetheless I hope a male player focused version exist in the future. it just seems unfair one gender gets the experience. great mod though
kurobitenshi Posted September 11 Posted September 11 On 9/9/2026 at 9:58 AM, ptmc2112 said: Alt+O is always the shortcut, the shortcut you set is the alternative for it However, if you want to reset it to original, you need to edit the user_settings file in either: Palworld\Binaries\Win64\ue4ss\Mods\PalBreeder\config or Palworld\Mods\NativeMods\UE4SS\Mods\PalBreeder\config change the lines below "activation_key"from this (if LeftClick is different, it's fine): "key": "LeftClick", "shift": false, "control": false, "alt": false to this: "key": "O", "shift": false, "control": false, "alt": true thank you. fortunately after a ton of digging i did find the file. my goodness that was a pain to fix lol. but im glad i figured it out.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now