Shiaris Posted September 11 Posted September 11 (edited) [Alt + O] Menu issue After some troubleshooting it seems that it's caused by some interaction between Pal Info system loop and the [Alt + O] keybind invocation Disabling Pal Info system by commenting out lines 11901-11902 in main.lua alleviates the issue, although it does trigger by different path - like 1/1000 menu invocations instead of 1/5. Technical: The deepest I tracked it through the Pal Info system was into `pal_breeder/pal_info_prototype.lua:222` `add_candidate` function, although the `add_candidate(camera_trace_actor())` seems to work "fine", for some reason `camera_trace_actor()` never returns valid candidate - it returns an object and adds it to candidates and then always results in "reticle candidates have no individual character parameter". `add_candidate(... pawn_component.ReticleTargetActor | pawn_component:GetReticleTargetActor() | controller.AutoAimTarget ...) ` correctly show the PalInformation window while holding alt, but results in AV after opening the menu using keybinds in ~1/5 tries All testing was done on a fresh save each time I'll also attach a .dmp with PII removed, not sure how usefull will it be though UEMinidump.zip Edited September 11 by Shiaris
joystickhacks Posted September 11 Posted September 11 Running the newest version now like i should have. Still encountering the error when trying to lay an egg gained from conception, except it now says its not safe to lay and to check the log. Incubation of found eggs seems to be working just fine. UE4SS.log
R3lS Posted September 12 Posted September 12 On 9/8/2026 at 4:59 PM, Shiaris said: I also have the Alt+O menu crashes, seemingly random, it always crashes while moving (WASD) PalWorld - Steam, fresh installation, all mods installed manually - no workshop, fresh save UE4SS - UE4SS_v3.0.1-1127-g2bfa839f SugarCake - Sugar Cake Framework Collection v0.07.09 TEST (UPI_0.01.10)(ALT_0.04.01) PalBreeder - PalBreeder_STEAM_0.2.1 + KazeBody - KazeBody_STEAM_0.1.5 + PlayerMorphFramework - PlayerMorphFramework_STEAM_0.2.1 Load Order: PlayerMorphFramework UniPalUI Altermatic SugarCake PalBreeder UE4SS.log 135.69 kB · 2 downloads I don't know if you solved this one yet or not, since you posted again with what looks like similar issues. The log you included tells you where the problem is, you are missing MemberVariableLayout.ini which is included in the Palworld specific UE4SS build that PalSchema requires and is linked on the PalSchema install instructions page.
manta28 Posted September 13 Posted September 13 (edited) How do you bring up the menu to drop the egg,i am stuck at 100 % , but i cant get the player to birth the egg so i can hardly walk or run, i tried pressing shift and every key on the keyboard but nothing happens so i am stuck can't play the game like this ,any help would be appreciated. Edited September 13 by manta28
NoNickNeeded Posted September 13 Posted September 13 Alt + O, there you go to the middle tab with the picture of an egg and you'll find the buttons to insert or extract eggs and bith pals.
Shiaris Posted September 13 Posted September 13 (edited) 16 hours ago, R3lS said: I don't know if you solved this one yet or not, since you posted again with what looks like similar issues. The log you included tells you where the problem is, you are missing MemberVariableLayout.ini which is included in the Palworld specific UE4SS build that PalSchema requires and is linked on the PalSchema install instructions page. Unfortunately it didn't fix the issue, at the point of the 2nd post I'm running on UE4SS-Palworld-g2281fa31-zDev for the native stacktrace, it's the newest release from Okaetsu, latest MemberVariableLayout, with mods.txt and mods.json from PalSchema recommendation. Although you probably meant `ForEachFunction` tracebacks, those were correctly fixed by the MemberVariableLayout, but were not the cause of the AVs unfortunately [Lua] [Pal Breeder] Native common-button router unavailable: native common-button click event was not found; observed functions: SetDefaultText, class enumeration failed: .../PalBreeder/Scripts/pal_breeder\native_ui_navigation.lua:169: [Lua::call_function] lua_pcall returned LUA_ERRRUN => attempt to call a nil value stack traceback: [C]: in method 'ForEachFunction' The AVs leave no trace in the UE4SS.log, so I added a whole lot of trace logs on the PalInfo.pal_info_prototype:process_pending path and PalBreederRunMenuToggle trigger, hopefully those will be more useful. The pattern for the crash is `pal_info_prototype.acquire_reticle_pal` executing during the call to the RawExecuteWithDelay called from the PalBreederRunMenuToggle, all logs in attachments. I tried to isolate the issue as best as I could, but I'm not sure whether I managed to exclude all interactions from other parts of the system due to the complexity it. I did verify that disabling pal_info system mitigates the issue, just as not using the menu while pal_info sysem is active doesn't seem to trigger the AV Unhandled Exception EXCEPTION_ACCES.txt UE4SS-AV13092026-FRESHINSTALL.log mods.json mods.txt MemberVariableLayout.ini.txt PartialTrace01.txt PartialTrace02.txt UE4SS-AV13092026-LOGTRACES.log Edited September 13 by Shiaris Additional information on tried workarounds
Koarie Posted September 13 Posted September 13 I'm having crashes only when I go to the config tab in alt+o, I've been trying to troubleshoot this, but everything I see is basic information and I can't figure out how to get anything more than UE4SS being spammed in the error reporting 1
NoNickNeeded Posted September 14 Posted September 14 (edited) I noticed a minor issue in my game. The body morphs work on pelt armor, but not on it's heat and cold resistant variant. Edited September 14 by NoNickNeeded 1
11822832882 Posted September 16 Posted September 16 idk if this was asked or not but is it possible to make that we can incubate egg inside us?
ptmc2112 Posted September 16 Posted September 16 (edited) 1 hour ago, 11822832882 said: idk if this was asked or not but is it possible to make that we can incubate egg inside us? If you're talking about the eggs found in the wild, sure. It's the "insert egg" button in the menu. Then you pick which egg to put in, it only checks your inventory for eggs, though. Edited September 16 by ptmc2112 1
nekoshluha Posted September 16 Posted September 16 Obnovi mod pod tekushchuyu versiyu igry i ( dobav' mod v masterskuyu Steam ) Pazhalusta 80 Please update the mod for the current game version and add it to the Steam Workshop.
joystickhacks Posted September 17 Posted September 17 Still playing around with it. On a fresh install ive managed to birth a conceived egg, then incubate it, the second round i didnt birth the egg and went to incubation right away. No pals in party and on birth got another lvl 1 null pal with the 10 minute down timer on it.
MavisXe Posted September 18 Posted September 18 On 9/16/2026 at 3:30 PM, nekoshluha said: Obnovi mod pod tekushchuyu versiyu igry i ( dobav' mod v masterskuyu Steam ) Pazhalusta 80 Please update the mod for the current game version and add it to the Steam Workshop. I hope the mod creator can make it steam ue4ss/palschema optimised (because it is capable to be installed through the workshop version, I have done it myself) however adding straight to the workshop I don’t think will ever happen. I’d love to be proven wrong.
grynnan Posted September 20 Posted September 20 On 9/2/2026 at 10:53 AM, KazeYako said: 'O' was the old keybind, so you may be using an old version and not the latest one. ...and the new key bind?
JeMoeder420 Posted September 21 Posted September 21 I also experience crashes when pressing Alt + O, they seem to mainly happen when I have a Pal targeted/in crosshairs when I press Alt + O
RuthlessFord Posted September 27 Posted September 27 Should mention that the 'timed crashes' I was having went away after I uninstalled PalSchema, KazeBody, and the Morph framework. I like this mod a lot, and thank you very much for sharing it. It'll stay uninstalled until a more stable version releases.
What_Smell Posted September 29 Posted September 29 Just a heads up for anyone experiencing crashing with this, I found that the Morph Framework seems to give me intermittent crashes. I removed the framework only, and have had no crashes since.
Takkataco Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) What should the pregnancy settings in scake's config be for compatibility? My player character is now always pregnant, even after birthing an egg. Turning off scake pregnancy entirely won't even make the belly go away. The only way I can get rid of the belly is by setting pregnancy time to 0 minutes within scake's config, but then even inserting an egg won't make the character preggers again. Also: Not sure if I need to level up Breeder levels for more info, but pal egg development seems to cap at "Pulsing" and never goes any further. Is that by design and when it is supposed to be birthed, or is something bugged? Edited September 30 by Takkataco
NoNickNeeded Posted September 30 Posted September 30 I assumed that the SCake pregnancy is a separate system, so I had that off from the start and had no such issue with breeder's pregnancy. Yes the lacking information is a feature. As you go up in level, you get more information about the stage you're currently in. 1
MakeMeBelieve Posted October 1 Posted October 1 (edited) I love this mod, but im annoyed that everytime i try to open the ui, or use the settings in PalBreeder, it crashes I hope it gets fixed sometime next update tho. Edited October 1 by MakeMeBelieve 1
Ruby_Parker Posted October 3 Posted October 3 Still crashing for me. I open the UI with Alt and O, sometimes it crashes, sometimes it doesn't. I also tried to use the fertility keybind once I set it. It worked a few times then crashed me. I love this mod so much. I hope these can get fixed soon ❤️
Ruby_Parker Posted October 3 Posted October 3 So, made a new save. The old save kept crashing on start up. Was able to load into the world okay, but then I opened the Alt O menu. Seemed fine. Then I switched over to settings tab. Instant crash. Tried loading the save back up, and this time, I crashed when trying to open the Alt O menu. Might have to just take this mod out for the time being until it's updated, which is sad....the SugarCake pregnancy is okay, but it doesn't even hold a candle to this mod. It's very immersive, very detailed. Please update this soon to fix it ❤️ I am using version 0.2.1 STEAM. I did try to downgrade to 0.1.5 STEAM and it worked, but I miss the Alt O menu, so I am going to forgo that version for now.
mastercodex Posted Tuesday at 04:08 AM Posted Tuesday at 04:08 AM On 9/13/2026 at 9:18 AM, Shiaris said: Unfortunately it didn't fix the issue, at the point of the 2nd post I'm running on UE4SS-Palworld-g2281fa31-zDev for the native stacktrace, it's the newest release from Okaetsu, latest MemberVariableLayout, with mods.txt and mods.json from PalSchema recommendation. Although you probably meant `ForEachFunction` tracebacks, those were correctly fixed by the MemberVariableLayout, but were not the cause of the AVs unfortunately [Lua] [Pal Breeder] Native common-button router unavailable: native common-button click event was not found; observed functions: SetDefaultText, class enumeration failed: .../PalBreeder/Scripts/pal_breeder\native_ui_navigation.lua:169: [Lua::call_function] lua_pcall returned LUA_ERRRUN => attempt to call a nil value stack traceback: [C]: in method 'ForEachFunction' The AVs leave no trace in the UE4SS.log, so I added a whole lot of trace logs on the PalInfo.pal_info_prototype:process_pending path and PalBreederRunMenuToggle trigger, hopefully those will be more useful. The pattern for the crash is `pal_info_prototype.acquire_reticle_pal` executing during the call to the RawExecuteWithDelay called from the PalBreederRunMenuToggle, all logs in attachments. I tried to isolate the issue as best as I could, but I'm not sure whether I managed to exclude all interactions from other parts of the system due to the complexity it. I did verify that disabling pal_info system mitigates the issue, just as not using the menu while pal_info sysem is active doesn't seem to trigger the AV Unhandled Exception EXCEPTION_ACCES.txt 4.93 kB · 3 downloads UE4SS-AV13092026-FRESHINSTALL.log 141.16 kB · 0 downloads mods.json 686 B · 0 downloads mods.txt 220 B · 2 downloads MemberVariableLayout.ini.txt 36.97 kB · 0 downloads PartialTrace01.txt 30.28 kB · 0 downloads PartialTrace02.txt 43.84 kB · 0 downloads UE4SS-AV13092026-LOGTRACES.log 232.77 kB · 0 downloads Question for ya. I've been having the exact same issues as you, and so far, nothing has been able to mitigate the error. Have you been able to figure out what was going on and fix it on your end?
Shiaris Posted Thursday at 08:46 PM Posted Thursday at 08:46 PM (edited) On 10/6/2026 at 6:08 AM, mastercodex said: Question for ya. I've been having the exact same issues as you, and so far, nothing has been able to mitigate the error. Have you been able to figure out what was going on and fix it on your end? In the <PalWorld>/Pal/Binaries/Win64/ue4ss/Mods/PalBreeder/scripts/main.lua I commented out PalBreederRuntime.LoopHandles.PalInfoInput = StartSafeRecurring("PalInfoInput", 50, PalBreederRuntime.Callbacks.PalInfoInput) so it's -- PalBreederRuntime.LoopHandles.PalInfoInput = StartSafeRecurring("PalInfoInput", -- 50, PalBreederRuntime.Callbacks.PalInfoInput) Mind you this will disable the additional information window on pals that this mod adds - you won't be able to see the perks of pals that easly Edited Thursday at 08:48 PM by Shiaris
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now