XP32 Maximum Skeleton (Special) Extended - XPMS(S)E

Starting a new game is not an option, I literally make minimods and scripts to go with my savegames, changing the outcomes of quests etc (Laelette being cured, Angi joining the companions, Sapphire heading to Glover Mallory, etc). It's a years-long continuation of efforts.

But I just thought, I could try to make a derivation of the BretonRace in CK and tie it to a custom skeleton, making it a component of the Breton race in a similar manner as how vampire races work and just do a racechange command with that. Why didn't I think of that earlier. xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.5Yux4gu5_h.png

Does it mean the torpedo boobs behavior with HDT is also fixed?

The skeleton is only half the problem with torpedo boobs.

The other half is whether or not your outfit was weighted with the same bone positions and scales.

If installed skeleton's bone positions = Outfit's weighted bone positions

then, you have ideal setup.

If installed skeleton != Outfit's weighted bone positions

then, your most likely going to see deformations inside game.

Either re-weight the outfit to new skeleton's bone positions or change your skeleton to match up with the outfit.

Nude no Torpedo attachicon.gif2014-06-10_00057.jpg with this Outfit I have Torpedo attachicon.gif2014-06-10_00058.jpg

Body weighted to xmps skeleton breastbones locations, outfit weighted to old TBBP breastbones locations. Or weighted completely differently but to the same bone locations.

PCEA has all animations except equip. It takes 1H equip from the non-PCEA folder, from the default folder. It doesn't borrow from the second filepath like say, an attack, would do.

So while the power attack borrows from Animations\PCEA\female\1HM_AttackPower.hkx

The 1H Equip borrows from Animations\1HM_Equip.hkx

So both .hkx use the same equip animation. It should be: Animations\PCEA\female\1HM_Equip.hkx but that's not in the DefaultFemale hkx unfortunately. And I haven't managed to properly edit a .hkx file, not even if converted to XML styled hkx format. The author as afraid to mess with equiping animation, or so he said in his support topic.

PCEA has all animations except equip. It takes 1H equip from the non-PCEA folder, from the default folder. It doesn't borrow from the second filepath like say, an attack, would do.

So while the power attack borrows from Animations\PCEA\female\1HM_AttackPower.hkx

So both .hkx use the same equip animation. It should be: Animations\PCEA\female\1HM_Equip.hkx but that's not in the DefaultFemale hkx unfortunately. And I haven't managed to properly edit a .hkx file, not even if converted to XML styled hkx format. The author as afraid to mess with equiping animation, or so he said in his support topic.

Choose your equip animation wisely then, I don't want to start here discussion about manipulating FNIS files or the animationgraph itself because animation graph manipulation is pretty dangerous. Ask Fore about this. I wouldn't mess around with forces ten times more crashy than anything else in skyrim modding.

The other half is whether or not your outfit was weighted with the same bone positions and scales.

Either re-weight the outfit to new skeleton's bone positions or change your skeleton to match up with the outfit.

Nude no Torpedo attachicon.gif2014-06-10_00057.jpg with this Outfit I have Torpedo attachicon.gif2014-06-10_00058.jpg

Body weighted to xmps skeleton breastbones locations, outfit weighted to old TBBP breastbones locations. Or weighted completely differently but to the same bone locations.

I use your skeleton HDT, with ECE, and body weight 0, the original Outfit is UNPB TBBP converted to HDT UNP Topmodel (have the breast bounce), the conversion has

Sunwalker made​​, he says it's because of TBBP

Choose your equip animation wisely then, I don't want to start here discussion about manipulating FNIS files or the animationgraph itself because animation graph manipulation is pretty dangerous. Ask Fore about this. I wouldn't mess around with forces ten times more crashy than anything else in skyrim modding.

It does seem sensitive and/or prone to causing issues yea. Maybe I'll try making it a two-handed weapon, which unequips and equips a one-handed version when unsheathed somehow, thanks for the help.

I use your skeleton HDT, with ECE, and body weight 0, the original Outfit is UNPB TBBP converted to HDT UNP Topmodel (have the breast bounce), the conversion has

We are not playing find the problem to the answer anymore...

PM me the file, also the body you normally use when nude. I'll fix whatever someone broke when I have time.

@Groovtama:

Do you have any idea on the issue below, like why it happens, could it be possible to fix it?

XPMS and all XPMS based skeletons including yours, seem to have parts that gets detached and spread out on a character's death, at least I believe this is the reason why it happens. If you cast the Detect Dead spell near a dead body, multiple parts of the body that are scattered on the ground in various places start to glow in orange. You can even activate some of these parts and loot the body, even though they are completely invisible and further away from the actual body.

If you switch back to the vanilla skeleton or Perfect 3-2, dead bodies glow as they should when you cast the spell, in just one glowing part, and you no longer get invisible loot points away from the body.

This isn't just a cosmetic issue in my opinion, but it sometimes makes locating dead bodies a lot more difficult with the DD spell, especially if there are too many dead bodies on the scene. When you cast the spell you can see something glowing, but that's not the actual body.

Any ideas on this?

@Groovtama:

Do you have any idea on the issue below, like why it happens, could it be possible to fix it?

XPMS and all XPMS based skeletons including yours, seem to have parts that gets detached and spread out on a character's death, at least I believe this is the reason why it happens. If you cast the Detect Dead spell near a dead body, multiple parts of the body that are scattered on the ground in various places start to glow in orange. You can even activate some of these parts and loot the body, even though they are completely invisible and further away from the actual body.

If you switch back to the vanilla skeleton or Perfect 3-2, dead bodies glow as they should when you cast the spell, in just one glowing part, and you no longer get invisible loot points away from the body.

This isn't just a cosmetic issue in my opinion, but it sometimes makes locating dead bodies a lot more difficult with the DD spell, especially if there are too many dead bodies on the scene. When you cast the spell you can see something glowing, but that's not the actual body.

Any ideas on this?

My guess is the Deadly Mutilation part of the skeleton is causing this.

@Groovtama:

Any ideas on this?

That's a possibility Indeed. Pre-1.5 versions don't seem to have Deadly Mutilation compatibility. I'm going to try 1.4 and see if it changes anything. If that's indeed the case, do you think it's possible to remove that part/feature of the skeleton?

@Groovtama:

Any ideas on this?

That's a possibility Indeed. Pre-1.5 versions don't seem to have Deadly Mutilation compatibility. I'm going to try 1.4 and see if it changes anything. If that's indeed the case, do you think it's possible to remove that part/feature of the skeleton?

General removing of that feature for the skeleton, nope it's is called maximum for a reason. If people want to remove it people have to do it themselves.

How to remove Deadly Mutilation support from the skeletons:

- Open a skeleton in nifskope

- Go to the "NPC COM [COM ]" node

- NPC COM [COM ] has children named "ArmLeftDismember", "ArmRightDismember" and "LowBodyEviserate"

- Right click on one of them "Block" -> "Remove Branch" (Ctrl  + Del), do that for all three nodes

- Afterwards NPC COM [COM ] should only have two Children "NPC Pelvis [Pelv]" and  "NPC Spine [spn0]"

- Do that for male, female, male beast and female beast skeletons

- (IF you use a 1st person skeleton from my pack also do that for the 1st person skeleton)

@Groovtama:

Any ideas on this?

General removing of that feature for the skeleton, nope it's is called maximum for a reason. If people want to remove it people have to do it themselves.

How to remove Deadly Mutilation support from the skeletons:

- Open a skeleton in nifskope

- Go to the "NPC COM [COM ]" node

- NPC COM [COM ] has children named "ArmLeftDismember", "ArmRightDismember" and "LowBodyEviserate"

- Right click on one of them "Block" -> "Remove Branch" (Ctrl  + Del), do that for all three nodes

- Afterwards NPC COM [COM ] should only have two Children "NPC Pelvis [Pelv]" and  "NPC Spine [spn0]"

- Do that for male, female, male beast and female beast skeletons

- (IF you use a 1st person skeleton from my pack also do that for the 1st person skeleton)

Thanks a lot for the info. I followed your instructions and I removed those three nodes and saved all four skeleton nifs, although to be able to use "Block -> Remove Branch" I had to use "Follow Link" first on those children of "NPC COM", but nevermind, I'm not at all familiar with NifSkope anyway. BTW, if I'm not mistaken, some of the children nodes didn't have "NPC Pelvis" name on them.

Anyway, the important thing is, doing the above seems to have solved the problem. It was indeed the DM compatibility feature of the skeleton what caused the issue. Thanks again.

PS. DM compatibility should be offered as an option IMO, like the other skeletons that are often packaged with XPMS which were made for a specific mod.

Thanks a lot for the info. I followed your instructions and I removed those three nodes and saved all four skeleton nifs, although to be able to use "Block -> Remove Branch" I had to use "Follow Link" first on those children of "NPC COM", but nevermind, I'm not at all familiar with NifSkope anyway. BTW, if I'm not mistaken, some of the children nodes didn't have "NPC Pelvis" name on them.

Anyway, the important thing is, doing the above seems to have solved the problem. It was indeed the DM compatibility feature of the skeleton what caused the issue. Thanks again.

PS. DM compatibility should be offered as an option IMO, like the other skeletons that are often packaged with XPMS which were made for a specific mod.

Making the variants is the most time consuming part of that whole thing. If I do it with scripts that are runing and I just oversee and valid them with my eyes, it stillt takes a whole day for ex. 1.93r50, now think about 2.0 where I have more weapon variants, where I get around 200 skeletons instead of "only" 144. When I do one with DM and on without I get for 1.93r50, 144 runs of the scripts. resulting in 288 skeletons in the pack. Means more time for making the fomod installer etc.

As long I have to do the variants myself or don't have a bug free method in renaming nodes automatized, or a mod that switch the weapon nodes at runtime, I will not do variants off non-conflicting features.

Hello
I have a strange bug, and have no idea what is causing it.
The bug stops working "SETNPCWEIGHT" command. It is more common with the monks female characters who wear clothes monkvariantoutfitf_0.nif.
He also appeared with Kasia character mod Maids II - Deception. The Kasia character works well to start the "SETNPCWEIGHT" command, but when the character starts working as a maid no longer works "SETNPCWEIGHT".

I am a modder and I spend using the "SETNPCWEIGHT" command constantly and decided to write the problem in this post, because the problem appeared curiously more or less when I put "Skeleton XP32 Maximum Extended" previously never had this error appeared to me.

To avoid confusion, the dress of the monk, the slider works works perfectly, both have mesh 0 and 1. Tried the other characters wearing the dress and no problem. The funny thing is that the characters are monks bring the bug.

The bug is so severe, even the female character is naked, the Setnpcweight command does not work, does not recognize femalebody_1.nif

any chance of an option to get made for carrying bows slung across the shoulder and torso, like Merida from Disney movie Brave (pic below), or Lara from the latest Tomb Raider?

there's already a couple skeleton mods for having this position (links below). would be great to have some of the XP weapon positions available for this too. especially daggers on back. and of course, to have it Expanded style.

oh and i've always sorta liked the Chesko belt fastened quiver look, but always felt the arrows would fall out when running n jumping, because of the very tilted almost horizontal angle. be nice to have a belt hip option more like the one shown in the Brave pic below. less tilted and more up and down.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41072/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D41072%26preview%3D&pUp=1

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38066/?tab=3&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D38066%26user%3D2&pUp=1

Merida_Brave.jpg

oh, and i originally meant to add this. a request to have axes and hammers turned the correct and realistic manner on the back. with the metal head up at the shoulders.

here's a rather long running thread (with quite a few interested folks) that has some  actual work that was done.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/849893-reposition-axes-hammers-right-side-up-on-the-back/page-5?hl=%20reposition

attachicon.gif72850_saacreenshots_2013-01-14_00001.jpg

i still use about 3 skeletons that i made and 1 that Ghosu made, that have the correct look. i just use them w/ standalone followers and Unique Everything since the skels look good for axes n hammers, but not greatswords. i had it looking great w/ greatswords in default location and an added bone for axes n hammers...but the toon wouldn't draw the weapon off the added bone. i contacted XP32 about it but it was way back when they were away for weeks. anyway, just thought i'd mention it here as it'd go great w/ the realistic way of having the bow slung over the shoulders.

i've 3 cousins that're huge bow hunters and the way a bow is on the back ingame now...looks exactly like some of the bow racks they have on the walls. basically the vanilla bow position looks like a wall or truck rack lol. they carry their recurve bows over the shoulders like in the pic. not compound bows tho

<script charset="UTF-8" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js" type="application/javascript"> </script>

Bravo! I have been following that other thread hoping for things like this. as the two hander wepons would be nice i am sure they are more diffigult. but I would very much like the bows! there are few other mods that have the bow in simalar placements.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50096/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D50096&pUp=1

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39965/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D39965%26preview%3D&pUp=1

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38048/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D38048&pUp=1

A bow placing like this would go well with this extended skeleton i think. Are there stil plans to add them?

This is a bit of a n00b question, but on the Google Drive page, the main file is [skeleton], correct?

Do I need the other files on the page?

Only if you need  The Joy of Perspective support, Nipple Magic support or if you wanna take a look on the hkx files in xml form or you wanna regenerate them.

Hey Groovtama, I installed the 2.0 alpha files with the magic nipple support (I use the schlong shout for my succubus race, not so much the magic nipple part itself.) The shout is working great but now I get huge lag spikes/framerate drops in many areas. I was wondering if this was an issue with anyone else. Thanks for your hard work!