SexLab Apropos (formerly SexLabDescribe)

foxyvixen21

If you place the messages into editable text files as I suggested then different personalities could be made by switching in the appropriate text files for that personality. You could end up with a mod that spawns its own set of customization mods.

That's assuming your implementation makes it possible to use text files of course.

Over on Sexout the rule was, I think, don't say what the character is saying, say what they are seeing/hearing/feeling.  Dictating NPCs words is fine.

That is why we are going to provide a choice to the user. Under the MCM menu, "Message Preferences" submenu, change Narrative Voice to either 1st, 2nd or 3rd person. This has not been released yet. 

gooser

This is a very good idea and goes a long way toward addressing the need for variety I mentoned earlier. The wear and tear system sounds interesting too.  I wonder if you might tie that into the selecton of strapons for lesbian lovemaking. Some of the options out there (think horser tusk dildo) would involve a lot of "wear and tear." Also the ten sizes of SOS schlongs correspond nicely to your ten points on the wear and tear scale. Some schlongs more exacting than others.

The first version of W&T won't have SOS support but I will try and have it ready for the next version of it. I am not sure if all the damage values and stuff work well together and will need testing. Once I am sure of all the damage values I can enrich it with further details.

Over on Sexout the rule was, I think, don't say what the character is saying, say what they are seeing/hearing/feeling.  Dictating NPCs words is fine.

That is why we are going to provide a choice to the user. Under the MCM menu, "Message Preferences" submenu, change Narrative Voice to either 1st, 2nd or 3rd person. This has not been released yet. 

gooser

This looks fantastic (the visual image of the menu looks very promising). One question: would it be possible to add a fourth item on the menu that could be used for either:

1) dramatic interjections by the NPC in direct speech,

or (even better)

2) left blank for individual players to insert and save their own text. Would this be easy to do at the player's end? (By 'easy" I mean for a noob)

gooser

This looks fantastic (the visual image of the menu looks very promising). One question: would it be possible to add a fourth item on the menu that could be used for either:

1) dramatic interjections by the NPC in direct speech,

or (even better)

2) left blank for individual players to insert and save their own text. Would this be easy to do at the player's end? (By 'easy" I mean for a noob)

I think what gooser is working on is a way you can save your own text files so that text can appear in game.

I don't know if speech is planned quite yet. The describe and wear and tear system are the main focus at this time, but it may be considered in the future since it seems like a good idea and has been requested a couple of times.

I think what gooser is working on is a way you can save your own text files so that text can appear in game.

I don't know if speech is planned quite yet. The describe and wear and tear system are the main focus at this time, but it may be considered in the future since it seems like a good idea and has been requested a couple of times.

Sweet, sweet, sweet. You and Gooser are doing great work and we are all in your debt.

Just curious, is one of the planned features to be dialog between partners during sex scenes? I mean along the lines of Lovers Voice SSP Plus for Oblivion. I ask as I was tinkering around with making one, but I haven't been able to get very far due to rudimentary modding skills :P.

I think that Foxyvixen answered this on 29 January when he wrote:

"I think what gooser is working on is a way you can save your own text files so that text can appear in game."

If I understand Foxyvixen correctly, and the plan has not changed, I think this means that we will be able to insert our own words (direct or reported speech, first, second, or third person narrators) into boxes that the mod leaves empty for that purpose. Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

Just so you are clear and no one has the wrong idea - the whole idea of dialog is not a high priority for this mod. I still don't know, even after doing some digging around, whether it is even technically possible. My first priority is getting the current descriptions externalized into text files. This has several benefits:

1. Greatly aids the translation effort into other languages.

2. Allows users to easily author/amend their own descriptions.

3. Helps organize the code to allow us to separately release new descriptions without requiring people to update the actual mod.

THIS I do believe is possible from my research either through PapyrusUtil or JContainers. 

The other high priority item for me is actually finishing the descriptions for:

1. Creatures.

2. F-F

3. M-M

Cheers

Archived