SexLab Apropos (formerly SexLabDescribe)

foxyvixen21

FYI, gooser, there is a mod that helps with unvoiced text, just like Oblivion, it's Fuz Ro D-oh here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14884/?

Yes! That's the one I was thinking of! I have used it for another mod (I think it was Sexy Maids of Skyrim) and it prolongs the time a text message is displayed on screen. It would be great for Sexlab Describe and might accommodate longer messages than the laconic ones that currently flit across the screen.

Is it still the case that messages could only be displayed at the end of the animation?

Ok, I'm confused. Aren't we talking about two different areas on the screen. One, the top-left is known as the Debug Notification area. But then there is the main dialog area towards the bottom of the screen that is centered horizontally. Is that what you are talking about?

shinji72,

Well that is not how I read it. I thought the point was to compute the time based on word count, and words per second (configured in the .ini file) to actually display text below (not a dialogue perse where the user has to respond). I've seen it plenty of times where the text shows up, but there is no audio (because nobody could afford a voice actor). They needed a way to show text on the screen that would be the moral equivalent of having a voice clip play.

I could be wrong though

And IF I am correct, then I would say the Fuz Ro Doh mod is not a great idea for SexLab Description, because users will get used to THAT particular area of the screen being where dialog is displayed, but the top-left is where they are used to seeing passive-type messages and notifications. 

Let me know if you disagree... I'm only mortal! :)

Fuz actual does both what you guys are talking about from what I can tell. It does the lip sync part but it can also display sub title dialogue in the lower part of the screen for voiceless NPC responses. I don't think it slows anything, just allows modders to set dialogue to be read for quests. I know the mods that use it, the text stays up long enough it is never a problem reading it.

As for the question of where the information should be put. I would personally prefer it in the upper left corner. Not because that is what I am use to, but in the lower middle would at times get in the way and obscure what is going on if you know what I mean. With that said though, if the only way to make this mod work with full text display for each stage of the event. Then I would rather have it down below in the middle and have it working great. Than have limited text in the upper left corner. Least thats my personal feeling on the topic.

I know nothing about the technicalities, but I would not write Fuz-Roh-Da off too soon. I think it could be GREAT asset for Sexlab Description precisely BECAUSE it uses a different part of the screen. What I envisage is this: not one but TWO areas of communication. One, as currently implemented, would be the top of the screen for muted interjections by an impersonal voice that tells you what is happening as a second (not first or third) person omniscient narrator ("you do this," "you do that", etc.). Most (probably all) of these interjections will describe physical events. That is what we now have and it works beautifully, but it has some limitations.

Now for the new contribution that would complement what we already have. Why not use the other part of the screen (the Fuz-Roh-Da bit) to interject dramatic comments, in direct speech (using quotation marks and maybe name of speaker, as in a play text) to tell us what the protagonist and NPC actually said in response to (or solicitation of) the physical events the omniscient narrator describes. So it would go something like this:

CENTRE OF SCREEN: Lydia: "Oh, baby, fill my ass with your hot load"

TOP OF SCREEN: you shoot a huge rope of cum into Lydia's ass

This is just off the top of my head. We can do better than that. But you get the picture. There could be a dynamic interplay between narrative and dramatic voices, both displayed on screen, but displayed on different parts of it to give different perspectives (narrative and dramatic). I think this idea has real potential and could make for a fantastic mod. I am rubbish with the technicalities but would be happy to help with the writing of the text. I already have some ideas that I won't go into right now, but could elaborate on if others are interested.

Of course feel free to tell me to back off if you don't like any of this. It is your mod and I am just a grateful downloader, but you asked for suggestions, so here are mine!

I guess the next question as far as Fus Ro Doh is concerned is can it accept dynamic (templated/tokenized) text from a script, or does it only rely on static string resource type text from an .esp.

That i have no clue about, might be best to just post on that mods forums and ask the mod author perhaps?

Grimbold, I would definitely make your suggestions more visible to Ashal, because what you have in mind seems to be going beyond what a mere SL mod can (perhaps conveniently) do and more in line with support of changes needed in the SL framework.

Keep in mind that we hope to appeal to a fairly wide audience, not just your more typical MF (FM) scenarios. For instance, a lot of people are interested in SL in general as relates to combat, and not narrowly confined to consensual boy-girl sex.

Also, I think we are more gearing towards overall "immersion" of a larger gaming context, not just a single erotic encounter. What I mean, is we are just working on Wear/Tear, which spans multiple encounters and is a bit more related to roleplaying immersion than focused singular erotic enhancement. Don't get me wrong, the descriptions are definitely there to enhance the erotic experience, but we want to do a bit more than that. Hope that makes sense. Again, great ideas, something to keep track of.

I won't speak directly for Foxyvixen, but those are my thoughts at least.

Some further thoughts for future updates: The messages so far (all very good) are geared towards general acts rather than specific sexlab animations. I think the mod would be better even than it is (it would have more variety) if each animation had its own message (or messages):

The messages would connect with specific changes or events in the anims, so words and actions work in harmony. Here are some examples of what I mean.

1) AP Blowjob (male lying down, woman crouching over him)

This anim is now pretty dated, but it does have one really good feature. As climax approahces, the woman  visibly slows her pace, which is a classy moment, since you might expect it to get faster. This moment calls out for a verbal comment, which I imagine delivered by the male recipient of the bj: Let's call him Gunnar:

Gunnar: "That's it baby, deep  and slow. Slow and steady wins the load, and do I have a big load for you. Here it comes, baby. Swallow it all"

Then you get the sexlab sound effect for male orgasm

2) Zyn lesbian (the one where the woman leans over backwards while her lover, male or female, eats her out)

"Do you like that pussy, baby? Does it taste good? It should do. I put some skooma on it for you to sniff. You should be getting high just about now"

3) Arrok blowjob (woman moves face all over the cock before sucking it--an image that invites the possibility of her speaking:

"Ooo baby I love your cock. It's the most beautiful one I've ever seen. You taste sooo good.'

If the Fus Ro Dah mod idea pans out, there could even be a conversation:

Player: "Oh, Jordis, you give amazing head. Dibella herself could not do better. Where did you learn to suck cock like that?"

Jordis: "Hmmm, where did I learn? Now I remember. By practising on the fifth, sixth, and tenth legions of the impeirial army, plus a cohort of khajit auxilaries. Oh, and then there was that month I was held captive  by bandits. They have very high standards"

Another anim that cries out for its own text is Arrok's handjob, where the woman holds the cock in front of her face as if waiting for it unload:

Jordis: "Come on my face, baby. Shoot that load all over me . . . aim for my mouth!"

The  narrator (perhaps in a different part of the screen) could then describe the event in either second person or first:

Second person: The sight of Jordis's beautiful, imploring face pushes you over the brink and you cover her elegant features with a blanket of sperm

First person: Who could refuse a request like that? The jizz flowed from my dick in a seemingly endless fountain until the little minx's face was a white mask

The point is to add variety and match words with image to a degree not possible with general terms such as "you fill her ass with cum" (no criticism, just trying to make a great mod even better)

Not a bad idea but I would keep any dialogue fairly generic. I say this cause it could break immersion for some people if the conversation just really doesn't fit their character. A example is the skooma comment, if someone is playing a character that is completely against it, then having it come up in sex would break immersion for them.

More generic dialogue might be less interesting but more likely to appeal to a wider range of users for the mod.

Had the mod for a while now and it works well the majority of the time, the times it doesn't work very well is when you have another mod affecting what animations you can do (such as devious devices) since it will show the text for the animation it first tries to play rather than the one it does play

This is something we are looking at, we have noticed a few mods cause some problems. We want to add some soft dependencies which will detect some of the mods causing problems and hopefully fix it.

Cool quite a few of the sexlab mods could benefit from some extra descriptions

Here is the translatation of SekLab Describe in German.

Bitte nicht zu sehr meckern falls ich ein ü/ä/ö oder ß übersehen habe. :shy:

Installation: entpacken und in Data -> scripts reinkopieren/überschreiben. Vorher original sichern.

To all other here, sorry for the german Text in this Group.

SLdesc.7z

Over on Sexout the rule was, I think, don't say what the character is saying, say what they are seeing/hearing/feeling.  Dictating NPCs words is fine.

That is why we are going to provide a choice to the user. Under the MCM menu, "Message Preferences" submenu, change Narrative Voice to either 1st, 2nd or 3rd person. This has not been released yet. 

gooser

Here is the translatation of SekLab Describe in German.

Bitte nicht zu sehr meckern falls ich ein ü/ä/ö oder ß übersehen habe. :shy:

Installation: entpacken und in Data -> scripts reinkopieren/überschreiben. Vorher original sichern.

To all other here, sorry for the german Text in this Group.

That's nice. Unfortunately, we are still in the early stages of the mod development, and the mod has been changed a lot recently. In the future, descriptive texts will hopefully be externalized into separate .txt files to ease in the deployment, and translation efforts, such as yours.

Over on Sexout the rule was, I think, don't say what the character is saying, say what they are seeing/hearing/feeling.  Dictating NPCs words is fine.

That is why we are going to provide a choice to the user. Under the MCM menu, "Message Preferences" submenu, change Narrative Voice to either 1st, 2nd or 3rd person. This has not been released yet. 

gooser

This is a very good idea and goes a long way toward addressing the need for variety I mentoned earlier. The wear and tear system sounds interesting too.  I wonder if you might tie that into the selecton of strapons for lesbian lovemaking. Some of the options out there (think horser tusk dildo) would involve a lot of "wear and tear." Also the ten sizes of SOS schlongs correspond nicely to your ten points on the wear and tear scale. Some schlongs more exacting than others.

gooser

This is a very good idea and goes a long way toward addressing the need for variety I mentoned earlier. The wear and tear system sounds interesting too.  I wonder if you might tie that into the selecton of strapons for lesbian lovemaking. Some of the options out there (think horser tusk dildo) would involve a lot of "wear and tear." Also the ten sizes of SOS schlongs correspond nicely to your ten points on the wear and tear scale. Some schlongs more exacting than others.

FoxyVixen is the one handling W&T right now. We haven't discussed SOS sizes, but that is interesting. Mostly this is the "damage" scale we have thought of so far:

Human Normal: 20d
Human Non-Consensual: 40d
Bear: 60d
Chaurus: 70d
Daedra: 60d
Canine: 40d
Dragon: 240d
Drauger: 50d
Falmer: 40d
Gargoyle: 90d
Giant: 210d
Horse: 160d
Cat: 70d
Spider: 60d
Big Spider: 100d
Troll: 140d
Vampire: 80d
WereWolf: 150d
Wolf: 40d

Where 'd' is just an abstract 'unit' of sexual damage to the appropriate orifice (anal, oral, vaginal)

gooser

post-76197-0-70297600-1390935360_thumb.jpg

Archived