SexLab Apropos (formerly SexLabDescribe)

foxyvixen21

BTW, question since I don't really KNOW Papyrus.  What's the base command for differentiate between races?  I mean, let's say I want other messages for orcs and other messages for bosmer.  How do I write these conditions in (as in, what's the base command)?  Do they have to be in every debug description or can I put all that at the beginning of the script as conditions?  I tweaked what was already there and added some more descriptions as a test, but I don't know how to add race-specific ones.

Question is only semi-related to the topic but anyways:

While playing around with the messages I noticed that if the text becomes a bit longer, it appears the size of the font ingame is automatically downscaled by skyrim and it becomes kind of hard to read, especially if the text disappears as quickly as it does.

Do you know of any way to prevent this? 

While playing around with the messages I noticed that if the text becomes a bit longer, it appears the size of the font ingame is automatically downscaled by skyrim and it becomes kind of hard to read, especially if the text disappears as quickly as it does.

No easy solution, except splitting the message into multiple lines.

How do you edit the messages? is this a feature of the current mod?

No easy solution, except splitting the message into multiple lines.

How do you that btw? Use more Debug messages? I noticed the same issue with the messages.  Long messages end up tiny.

Open the mod in CK, open the SLDesc Quest, go to the scripts tab, rightclick the bottom script and select "edit source".

How do you that btw? Use more Debug messages? I noticed the same issue with the messages.  Long messages end up tiny.

i didn't test your mod yet, but i guess all texts for the messages come from the scripts using debug.notification.

if this is the case, just split the message over multiple debug.notification lines.

Allows modular messages as well.

Something like:

Debug.Notification "Bandit XYZ overcomes PlayerCharName and"

Debug.Notification "shoves his cock deep into her/his Ass" or

Debug.Notification "shoves his cock deep into her/his pussy" or

Debug.Notification "shoves his cock deep into her/his mouth" or

Debug.Notification "and starts usinghim/her to his likings."
The 3 in the middle could be randomly chosen from a stack of messages for the same orifice.
And you should add gender specific support, as german, french and so on differ between gender in way more detail and translating your mod in a neutral way would defeat the purpose and/or sound silly.
And so on. ... i'm bad at explaining such stuff. :/

Suggestion: Use MCM translation files, so your mod can be translated w/o having to recompile your scripts.

i didn't test your mod yet, but i guess all texts for the messages come from the scripts using debug.notification.

if this is the case, just split the message over multiple debug.notification lines.

Allows modular messages as well.

Something like:

Debug.Notification "Bandit XYZ overcomes PlayerCharName and"

Debug.Notification "shoves his cock deep into her/his Ass" or

Debug.Notification "shoves his cock deep into her/his pussy" or

Debug.Notification "shoves his cock deep into her/his mouth" or

Debug.Notification "and starts usinghim/her to his likings."
The 3 in the middle could be randomly chosen from a stack of messages for the same orifice.
And you should add gender specific support, as german, french and so on differ between gender in way more detail and translating your mod in a neutral way would defeat the purpose and/or sound silly.
And so on. ... i'm bad at explaining such stuff. :/

Suggestion: Use MCM translation files, so your mod can be translated w/o having to recompile your scripts.

Nah, I'm not releasing a mod, just messing around with the scripts.  I suppose I'll split the message to multiple debug messages I suppose.  Btw, how do you tell it to display the messages longer?  Will Utility.Wait do that?  Even with the base mod, messages disappear a bit too fast.

Ups... sorry. Thought you took over the development this mod.
i feel stupid. :/

But i don't know of any way to change the time, a debug.notification is displayed.

Hence why those messages have to be kept short and straight to the point.
if you want to describe things in detail you're better of using message boxes.

But those would interrupt gameplay, so they are not really useable for this mod.
So it comes down to "keeping it short".

I know it's a pain, but if read earlier messages guys you will see all of these things have discussed before.

1. MCM translation is exactly for that - prompts in MCM and nothing more.

2. You cannot slow down or specify a wait on the messages. You can only pause before showing the next message.

3. I wasn't aware of the font size issue with longer messages. I will change the code to segment the longer messages and sequence the segments.

Please read messages from either Foxyvixen or myself - we are the active developers of this mod.

Open the mod in CK, open the SLDesc Quest, go to the scripts tab, rightclick the bottom script and select "edit source".

Thanks for this! I did what you said and (thanks to your instructions) did manage to save my changes, but I get the message "Compilation failed. Save anyway?" and my emended messages do not show on the screen during sex. (Mercifully, I have not lost the original messages, even though they have been replaced in the edit source file.

I am stumped. I expect my problem is something very simple like not saving the mod file (this is sheer speculation on my part), but I am a noob with the CK and no doubt make elementary mistakes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. How do I get my custom messages (saved in the 'edit source' file) to actually display on screen in game?

@Grimbold.

I use Notepad++ to edit the source psc file (that must already be in the Data\Scripts\Source folder.

Once I finished I save it using the Notepad++ save function.

Then I open the CK, without loading ANY data.

I search on "Gameplay", then "Compile Papyrus scripts ...".

After a while, it appears a box in which you can choose  your modified psc. Check it in its box then click on "compile".

It should work fine.

@Grimbold.

I use Notepad++ to edit the source psc file (that must already be in the Data\Scripts\Source folder.

Once I finished I save it using the Notepad++ save function.

Then I open the CK, without loading ANY data.

I search on "Gameplay", then "Compile Papyrus scripts ...".

After a while, it appears a box in which you can choose  your modified psc. Check it in its box then click on "compile".

It should work fine.

Thanks for this, Nicole. I first tried Notepad and then downloaded Notepad ++ (free software) and followed your laudably clear instructions, and had high hopes of success, but when I got to the final bit (click compile) a blue bar went promisingly across the top of the Notepad ++ only to deliver the baleful message Compile failed.

There was then a long message (too long to post here) in the lower window full of scolding comments such as not being able to recognize the command Getname (an integral part of the mod). I feel as if I am close to success, but something is screwing me up in the last stage. Might I have screwed things up by saving the psc file before I downloaded Notepad ++ (I saved it first with CK and then with regular Notepad in Windows).

No, Notepad++ is a separate app (free) that you need to download and install. To follow the instructions from NicoleDragoness you don't actually need Notepad++, but the built-in Notepad will work. However, the built-in Notepad is such a poor editor most people quickly tire of using after a while and upgrade to something else (either Notepad++ or Notepad2).

IF you want to develop scripts like most mod developers do, you use something else (either Notepad++, Sublime, Emacs or Ultraedit). These "advanced" editors give you Papyrus syntax highlighting and a way to compile without even needing to run CreationKit.

I personally use Notepad++

http://www.creationkit.com/Notepad%2B%2B_Setup

MCM file: $DraugrRapeintro Draugr wants to rape
Script: Debug.Notification($DraugrRapeintro + " " + ActorName)

You were right, and I was wrong.

I thought the localization was scoped to MCM menu prompts only. But it seems it is present in the base game and SKSE enhanced it, and SkyUI/MCM picked it and used it.

This is helpful: https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/MCM-Advanced-Features#wiki-Localization

Thanks for this! I did what you said and (thanks to your instructions) did manage to save my changes, but I get the message "Compilation failed. Save anyway?" and my emended messages do not show on the screen during sex. (Mercifully, I have not lost the original messages, even though they have been replaced in the edit source file.

I am stumped. I expect my problem is something very simple like not saving the mod file (this is sheer speculation on my part), but I am a noob with the CK and no doubt make elementary mistakes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. How do I get my custom messages (saved in the 'edit source' file) to actually display on screen in game?

Keep in mind, you are going to lose your edits should you choose to upgrade when the mod updates are posted.

OK, I think I have made a step toward identifying my noob problem. Notepad ++ saves the modifed file as .txt, not .psc. I assume I need .psc if I am to make any progress. So how do I save the modified file as .psc? It does not show as an option in Notepad ++

Thanks, Gooser, for the reminder that I will lose all this in the next upgrade. But I won't (hopefully) lose my knowledge of how to tweak this great mod to my preferences.

I have one suggestion for future upgrades (though I know you have other priorities, not geared to descriptions). My suggestion is to link the messages to particular animations rather than generic acts. Some of those great anims (think footjobs) don't fit the present categories in SLD.

But I am sure you will produce great things for us, things we have not yet imagined.

Hopefully, next update you won't have to edit any .psc or scripts at all - if you just want to add or modify descriptions. All you will have to do is modify existing .txt files. And they should be fairly straight forward to modify, without any "compilation" required afterwards.

So you will open one of these files and see things like:

_femaleVaginalList[0] = "{ACTIVE_NAME} slides his cock into {PASSIVE_POSSESSIVE} awaiting {WEARTEAR_VAGINAL} {PUSSY}."
    _femaleVaginalList[1] = "{ACTIVE_NAME} easily inserts his cock in {PASSIVE_POSSESSIVE} {WEARTEAR_VAGINAL} {PUSSY}."
    _femaleVaginalList[2] = "You let out a small moan as {ACTIVE_NAME} puts his cock in {PASSIVE_POSSESSIVE} {WEARTEAR_VAGINAL} {PUSSY}."

And work with the existing tokens to add/edit you own changes. We will be striving to update these .txt files (description 'database') separately from the actual mod file, allowing you to download and update your descriptions without requiring you to go through the process of installing/updating the mod itself.

I'm not sure about tying descriptions to actual animations - the animations might be removed/replaced/renamed in the future. The system we should really be tying into is the animation tags. Each animation is tagged with one or more tags ('keywords'). The list of known tags and what animations they are associated with are listed here:

http://git.loverslab.com/sexlab/framework/wikis/animation-tags

I had a similar issue and as it turns out it was a problem with SKSE.

I did what Thargon said in his post here : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21755-error-when-compiling-a-script-sslutility-and-more/ and it worked for me, might want to give it a shot.

I thought the localization was scoped to MCM menu prompts only. But it seems it is present in the base game and SKSE enhanced it, and SkyUI/MCM picked it and used it.

This is helpful: https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/MCM-Advanced-Features#wiki-Localization

As i started translating, i thought it might be good to get some base knowledge so i know what i'm doing.

And upon discovering "\Data\Interface\Translate_?.txt" i searched for solutions on how to use it and eventualy figured out that SKSE allows extensions to this file, by extending the vanilla system.

So all MCM translation entries are actually virtually appended to the vanilla translation file, so the vanilla system places the appropriate string when a $-string is called.

Very handy feature of which not many people/modders know as they don't care about translating DebugOuts, because in most situations its simply not needed. Totally different story with this mod.

Archived