[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

blabba, I noted that the Outfit Studio tends to crash more easily on Windows 8/8.1 systems regardless of the configuration you have. I've tried this with my AMD system and it crashed. Then doing likewise with my Intel system and it crashed as well so you might want to put that in the FAQ.

Also, I noted that if you set the BodySlide to be run under compatibility mode Windows 7 for Windows 8/8.1 users might help the crashing a bit. I was able to get a few outfits done before it crashed. Again, this is still a beta/WIP so that's to be expected.

?!?!?!

I'm running Outfit Studio on Windows 8.1 and I've had like only 2 crashes. 1 of them was a user (my) error. The other time was a legitimate random crash on an outfit I had worked on for over an hour (I rage quitted that night)

I'm running windows 8.1 on an intel core i7 gen3 porcessor with SLI nvidia 650GTm's at the moment.

If you can link other user reports of similar claim then I will be glad to link your post as a reference and add it to the FAQ. Otherwise I can't say it crashes on Windows 8.1 consistently :(

Sup guys, just thought i'd share with you that my friend suggested me a cool site to make some casual videos with an easy to use recorder.

I'll post casual video tutorials and stuff up there (the link is in my 'what's on my mind' section, just hover over my name)

You can ask on the live chat there for immediate help/feedback.

Haz funsies.

Link here: https://new.livestream.com/accounts/7019651/blabbaLL

Can I use outfit studio to convert CBBE outfits to custom body? ADM so to speak? - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34344/?

EDIT: Ok, I somehow managed to convert CBBE outfit to ADM but I did it by hand and the results were not good. Is there an automated way to do this considering that ADM is based off CBBE mesh?

Make your own conversion reference.

Unfortunately there isn't an 'unofficial' guide made for that yet, it's on my to-do list.

I can upload a 'casual' video tut and make an *attempt* for your conversion reference, I'll upload the stuff here later today.

I'll make a more detailed 'unofficial' guide for that when I finish some of my other projects.

Lol, I'm sorry the 7base optional sliders aren't meant for the 7base body.

They are meant for CBBE body to mimic the 7base thighs, calfs and breasts.

If you still want them, let me know and i'll give you the needed steps to add the sliders.

Lol, I'm sorry the 7base optional sliders aren't meant for the 7base body.

They are meant for CBBE body to mimic the 7base thighs, calfs and breasts.

If you still want them, let me know and i'll give you the needed steps to add the sliders.

I'm aware of that. Just because I prefer SeveNBase doesn't mean I can't mess around with CBBE bodies.  :P I still want to use them.

O lol just double cheking didn't want confusion lol.

Alright then, place the .bsd files into "CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\CalienteBody"

Then go to your SliderSets Folder, open up your bodies .xml file with a text editor and add these lines:

<Slider name="7BaseThighs" small="0" big="0">
            <datafile name="7BaseThighs" target="BaseShape">7BaseThighs.bsd</datafile>
        </Slider>
        <Slider name="ChunkyThighs" small="0" big="0">
            <datafile name="ADMThighs" target="BaseShape">ADMThighs.bsd</datafile>
        </Slider>
        <Slider name="ADMLowerBody" small="0" big="0">
            <datafile name="ADMLowerBody" target="BaseShape">ADMLowerBody.bsd</datafile>
        </Slider>
        <Slider name="7BaseCalfs" small="0" big="0">
            <datafile name="7BaseCalfs" target="BaseShape">7BaseCalfs.bsd</datafile>
        </Slider>
        <Slider name="ChunkyCalfs" small="0" big="0">
            <datafile name="ADMCalfs" target="BaseShape">ADMCalfs.bsd</datafile>
        </Slider>

Save, and re-open BodySlide and enjoy your new sliders :)

P.S. Make sure you redownload the new Blabba's Sliders v3 file. I added a few new sliders.

O lol just double cheking didn't want confusion lol.

Alright then, place the .bsd files into "CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\CalienteBody"

Then go to your SliderSets Folder, open up your bodies .xml file with a text editor and add these lines:

<Slider name="7BaseThighs" small="0" big="0">
            <datafile name="7BaseThighs" target="BaseShape">7BaseThighs.bsd</datafile>
        </Slider>
        <Slider name="ChunkyThighs" small="0" big="0">
            <datafile name="ADMThighs" target="BaseShape">ADMThighs.bsd</datafile>
        </Slider>
        <Slider name="ADMLowerBody" small="0" big="0">
            <datafile name="ADMLowerBody" target="BaseShape">ADMLowerBody.bsd</datafile>
        </Slider>
        <Slider name="7BaseCalfs" small="0" big="0">
            <datafile name="7BaseCalfs" target="BaseShape">7BaseCalfs.bsd</datafile>
        </Slider>
        <Slider name="ChunkyCalfs" small="0" big="0">
            <datafile name="ADMCalfs" target="BaseShape">ADMCalfs.bsd</datafile>
        </Slider>

Save, and re-open BodySlide and enjoy your new sliders :)

P.S. Make sure you redownload the new Blabba's Sliders v3 file. I added a few new sliders.

Sweet, that worked, thanks. Are you able to answer my second question?

Lol sorry forgot about your second question.

Umm well there is some problem with those unfortunately, haven't submitted a bug report to Cell yet about them.

To try/test them, you open up OS, click load a reference and navigate to CalConvert and click on 7baseConvert.xml (whatever the .xml file with the 7base name is called)

It'll load up the conversion reference bodies for you.

Well, I'm giving up on this for the moment. Massive bugs everywhere. Can't save the project, so evertime I have to backtrack, I gotta reload and redo EVERYTHING from scratch. The brush settings are bugged so that brush size can only be increased, never decreased. Brush selection is finicky, so I can't, say, inflate a belt without causing the cloth underneath to inflate to clip over the belt, and the belt over the buckle.

Just spent two hours trying to do what would've taken five minutes if these features actually worked. OS seems completely useless right now. Will have to wait for the next update, I guess.

Well, I'm giving up on this for the moment. Massive bugs everywhere. Can't save the project, so evertime I have to backtrack, I gotta reload and redo EVERYTHING from scratch. The brush settings are bugged so that brush size can only be increased, never decreased. Brush selection is finicky, so I can't, say, inflate a belt without causing the cloth underneath to inflate to clip over the belt, and the belt over the buckle.

Just spent two hours trying to do what would've taken five minutes if these features actually worked. OS seems completely useless right now. Will have to wait for the next update, I guess.

Sorry to hear.

OS is still indeed (at least to me) a beta release, there are a good number of bugs and such with the program.

But that is to be expected, it is the first of it's kind and I think so far very well executed. It's very hard to find a program these days that launches perfectly without bugs, especially when the program was done for non-profit and probably worked on during free time from RL.

I do hope that you'll be encouraged to get back into the program when an update happens and that you support/endorse the original authors if the program helps you beautify your Skyrim World at all :)

Hey, I followed the first guide to convert a UNP armor to CBAdvanced TBBP, and it looks fine when standing still, but when I move/crouch, it clips at a few places.

Standing, OKAYish post-64585-0-64345200-1391154081_thumb.png

Crouched/Walking, obvious clipping post-64585-0-49157500-1391154108_thumb.png

I followed the guide pretty much to the letter, but instead of using the CBBE preset for the reference, I went and got the CBAdvanced TBBP body from CalienteSets.xml

For the saving of the project, I left everything to the defaults.

Any tips of fixing this ?

And BTW, with Bodyslide 2, you can re-open a project and fix clipping, might want to change Step 17 (Step 17: When outfit is done, and you've double checked your sliders as you cannot re-edit them on the current version of Bodyslide, hit File -> "Save As...", and follow the tooltip prompts for each field carefully!)

Hi tase,

these clipping occure due animations, not due your work in bs in first place. some animations bends the mesh/texture more than other.

i guess a solving fix might be, removing/-makeing invicible the body below the armor. in any animation there might no body underneath the armor mesh which could clip.

how it's done? i don't know that exactly as blabba can describe. i remember a vid of wavion2 on nexus http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49286/?

Hey, I followed the first guide to convert a UNP armor to CBAdvanced TBBP, and it looks fine when standing still, but when I move/crouch, it clips at a few places.

Standing, OKAYish attachicon.gifQ6NiljS1.png

Crouched/Walking, obvious clipping attachicon.gif4ic23ox1.png

I followed the guide pretty much to the letter, but instead of using the CBBE preset for the reference, I went and got the CBAdvanced TBBP body from CalienteSets.xml

For the saving of the project, I left everything to the defaults.

Any tips of fixing this ?

And BTW, with Bodyslide 2, you can re-open a project and fix clipping, might want to change Step 17 (Step 17: When outfit is done, and you've double checked your sliders as you cannot re-edit them on the current version of Bodyslide, hit File -> "Save As...", and follow the tooltip prompts for each field carefully!)

O.o, I could have sworn I tested saving/loading outfits and it just didn't work?

I'll re-test and update if need be. Thanks for the heads up!

Tips for fixing your animation clipping issues can be done 1 of 2 ways:

1. Edit the weight paints for that area of the outfit mesh (increase it) <--- not sure if doing this in OS is stable

2. Load the outfits .nif file in the ShapeData folder in OS, and use the 'inflate' brush over the spots (even though in OS it looks like there is no clipping) this will give the outfit mesh more 'space' for when the body bends.

Great work man but how i can install your new sliders?

And is there are some armors that supports your new sliders especially adm sliders?

Answer posted 1 page back :P

LINK

As for armors, nope I haven't done any armor conversions for the new sliders yet. Mostly because I think I'll be adding a few more 'ripped' sliders from the ZGGB body as well. After I'm done 'ripping' sliders as much as possible I'll start armor conversions/finishing CT77's armor for real jiggle as well as adding the new sliders

I am a little trouble with this.

It seems at the step when I conform the body, it just makes the body go back to the smaller original body and the outfit morphs with it but the outfit is way bigger. Is there something I did totally wrong?

If this is too vague, let me know and I will provide full details.

Hey Blabba,

Thanks a lot for the prompt response. I've started from scratch, took my time went word for word and it seems things worked out just fine in the end. The issues is I think I skipped a step between 8 and 12.  Which when I got to step 13, I'd end up with the CBBE basic body with the mesh of the out just hanging and morphing with it but it was clearly too big.

If it happens again, I will see if I can show a screen. I could of sworn I've done the same things, but it is possible I over looked something.

Thanks again.

Here are pictures of this lovely conversion in bodyslide. I'll provide some pictures as a thank you if/ when I get it in game :).

post-61292-0-62704400-1391303275_thumb.jpg

post-61292-0-32353600-1391303406_thumb.jpg

[update]

I'm happy to announce that I will soon be finishing up the HDT body, and will be making progress on converting armors to it.

Also, thanks to Vioxsis' hard work all of us Outfit Studio users get MOAR SLIDERS!!!! YAY!

As well as a conversion reference for the ZGGB R2 Body Mod! (DOWNLOAD HERE)

here's a preview of 1 of the ripped sliders I'm making, it mimics the ZGGB body's 'hourglass curves'

output_r_L9_C55.gif

please excuse the unsighlty jaggedness and seams, their being worked on (which is an absolute pain right now in OS...)

All in all, There will be 4 new sliders that will mimic the Hourglass midsection, thighs, calfs and breasts of the ZGGB-R2 Body!

Also, let me know how the slider looks and if it's something you'd use :)