[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Question:

does anybody know if the NPC Belly node in "CBBE body HDT" is pregnancy scaling?

You should have your own slider for that, or not? Do you mean in the Bodyslide Studio, on the mesh itself or in the skeleton?

Cause if you open up Bodyslide 2 and choose CBBE body HDT you should have a slider for the pregnancy belly.

Ok I must be a complete idiot. I did Guide one but the changes are not showing up in game. The default bodyshape is even tho i I used bodyslide to convert the outfit to my shape. What am i doing wrong??

I'm having the exact same issue and I've no idea where to start looking to fix this. Anyone who could help the two of us?

Uargh... just started following the tutorial, had to stop at Guide 1 - Step 6.

I was about to convert the "Skull Armor" from this thread, then noticed that the CBBE HDT reference body is several centimeters above the original base shape (neck difference).

Game over already?

As alternative i'd try to convert the CHSBHC V3-T version (which also has a working weight slider) of the same armor instead, but i don't feel encouraged to do all the NiSkinInstance and Partition crap all over again for nothing.

Need to make sure first that there is nothing wrong with my install (BS2 2.2d) and those Skull Armor outfits.

Uargh... just started following the tutorial, had to stop at Guide 1 - Step 6.

I was about to convert the "Skull Armor" from this thread, then noticed that the CBBE HDT reference body is several centimeters above the original base shape (neck difference).

Game over already?

As alternative i'd try to convert the CHSBHC V3-T version (which also has a working weight slider) of the same armor instead, but i don't feel encouraged to do all the NiSkinInstance and Partition crap all over again for nothing.

Need to make sure first that there is nothing wrong with my install (BS2 2.2d) and those Skull Armor outfits.

Show a screenshot of the offset. Most of the time it's easily fixed using "Shape -> Move Shape" on the outfit shapes.

How to i convert armors down from unp to unpetite? I wanna have some custom armors for my ygNord. Are there any converters available? Or just any tips for doing it if its already available would be welcome too

You could check if the armor has a CBBE conversion already, and then use the "Unified UNP" mod as a reference in Outfit Studio to convert it to UNPetite with the sliders it comes with.

Open up the NIF of the armor in NifSkope and select one of the NiTriShapes. Check the offset, it will most probably tell you about what you have to type into the Move Shape (or sometimes even Scale Shape) dialog.

post-134589-0-79661300-1420334867_thumb.jpg Not sure where the offset should be, and scale seems to be 1.

Maybe the mod/mesh is just broken and i'd rather start over with the CHSBHC V3-T version?

How to i convert armors down from unp to unpetite? I wanna have some custom armors for my ygNord. Are there any converters available? Or just any tips for doing it if its already available would be welcome too

You could check if the armor has a CBBE conversion already, and then use the "Unified UNP" mod as a reference in Outfit Studio to convert it to UNPetite with the sliders it comes with.

Thanks, I also came across stuffed_bunny's conversion set and it seems to work pretty damn well, hell, you can convert from Sevenbase down to unp skiiny, then just replace the body with the UNP Base Skinny boy to fix the seams. Most armors I come across tend to convert easily, how do I tell if it has a CBBE conversion already?

Open up the NIF of the armor in NifSkope and select one of the NiTriShapes. Check the offset, it will most probably tell you about what you have to type into the Move Shape (or sometimes even Scale Shape) dialog.

attachicon.gifSkArmOffset02.jpg Not sure where the offset should be, and scale seems to be 1.

Maybe the mod/mesh is just broken and i'd rather start over with the CHSBHC V3-T version?

Then you're having bad luck and the offset is baked into the rigging. :/

Well, you can always just try to align it with Move Shape, or yes, look for another version that doesn't have the offset.

EDIT: Another place you can take a look at: http://s28.postimg.org/zdfa21abx/trans.png

Thanks, I also came across stuffed_bunny's conversion set and it seems to work pretty damn well, hell, you can convert from Sevenbase down to unp skiiny, then just replace the body with the UNP Base Skinny boy to fix the seams. Most armors I come across tend to convert easily, how do I tell if it has a CBBE conversion already?

Look for it on Nexus/LL or google it. :P

"Bodyslide journal, day 2.

Tried to convert CHSBHC V3-T version instead. CBBE reference shape looking good, CHSBHC shape too low. Note to self: Probably facing new problems.
"

_______
post-134589-0-65402600-1420425062_thumb.jpg

Yeah well not sure if you can see it in the picture, the CBBE shape (wireframe) is right on the spot while the original base shape is too low.
The original mesh observed in nifskope shows it in the correct spot though, and i know the armor works in-game. I skipped the NiSkinInstance part this time, to check the mesh in OS for problems first.

> Looks like this one's good to go for a first conversion attempt?
The only problem is that the massive volume of this "V3-T" body might make the conversion a lot more difficult.

At least it has a working weight slider in the .esp, and one less item to convert (panties are separate in the other version).
The rest is identical AFAIK.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to adjust the way outfit studio copies weights? I import and export from 3ds just to get a decent weight painting onto clothes, it's really fiddly as it messes up the bslightingshaderproperties.

Not currently. You can try Mesh Rigger or Blender 2.7 with the alpha plugins.

Is there a way to adjust the way outfit studio copies weights? I import and export from 3ds just to get a decent weight painting onto clothes, it's really fiddly as it messes up the bslightingshaderproperties.

In 3dsmax, if you use the material node and select the default mat type 'phong' (Or if in 3dsmax 2012 you can use the niftools shader) and setup your textures that way. Then on export your bslightingshader branches should be coming out with all the correct properties.

new to outfit studio(and pretty much conversions overall) so far some of the conversions work just as planned, but is it normal for some equipment to open up normally in NIFScope, but when opening up in outfit studio, the body included with the armor stays the same, but the armor itself is offset below the body and shrunk heavily (like 1/50th size or something)