The quest for a "puffy nipples" body, part 2

Once the year is done and I've arranged to have some free time, I will return to modding, including finishing up a couple of mods I've had 85% done since April, and possibly updating my existing mod to reflect changes in related stuff it may rely upon.  In anticipation of this, I've started paying closer attention to what's been going on with Skyrim.  I see that a SOS with HDT (with different states of arousal intact) may or may not be still in the works, and that's something I've really wanted.  Without question I would add support for that to my mod, and that could prove interesting.

But I digress.  What brings me here today is a sort of revelation pertaining to my first major wish for this game: A decent body with puffy nipples (or, more specifically, puffy areolae).  I went back and forth with this topic back in the day.  Oblivion, which I never really properly played, had basically the best such body I've yet seen, in the form of its "Manga Body":

tikubi_nagasa_comparison.jpg

post-66246-13597878215517.jpg

This body was ported over to Skyrim at least two different times, although both efforts were in effect hijackings of existing bodies rather than direct conversions of the existing Oblivion mesh.  The "v2" Skyrim Manga Body is a conversion of CBBEv3, and the "v3" body is a conversion of ADEC (probably).  In both cases, the author at least took the effort to import the actual nipple component of the Manga Body, which is a unique "eraser head" type with an oval pit in the center.

Both of these conversions are inadequate.  Manga Body v2's "puffiness" is poorly-defined because of the dearth of vertices in the areola area, and Manga Body v3 suffers from a bizarre artistic approach (or maybe just an adherence to how ADEC originally looked): At the lowest weight, the areolae are tiny little things for who knows what reason, and at the highest - the only setting where the areolae have a good proportionate size - all of the body's features are grotesquely exaggerated.  The nipples also point straight ahead which is just not right.  (Example.)  At some point, high-vertex-count versions of both of these efforts were generated, but the process was evidently done in an automated fashion and it did not correct any of the existing flaws.

That's the history of "puffy nipple" bodies in Skyrim.  So what's the revelation?  Only this:

65743.jpg65744.jpg65748.jpg

Let's dissect what we're seeing here.  First of all, this is the very first body in Skyrim where the areolae have a well-defined puffiness, the body itself is not arguably grotesque in the manner of Manga Body v3, and the nipples properly point slightly upward.  Second, the texture being used is a specific UNP texture which can be seen in heavy use in the first post for UNPBO (I don't specifically know what the texture is or where to find it), which means the body must be a modification of some UNP variant.  Third, what this specifically looks like is SevenBase Cleavage, but of course with the puffy areolae.  However, there are not enough vertices in any UNP mesh's areolae to achieve the hill-like structure seen here.  Fourth, as you can see, the "eraser head" nipple component typical of Manga Body has been transplanted here, vertex for vertex.  In other words, it seems like this is SevenBase Cleavage with a complete reconfiguring of the areolae and nipples.

I don't know where to look to find people discussing these images; they aren't posted in any of the Japanese blogs I know about.  That's frustrating, because it means I don't personally have any means of directing queries in order to possibly get my hands on this effort.  It seems like this body would work well with anything converted to fit SevenBase Cleavage, with the notable exception of the nipple area, so in a sense it already has a decent wardrobe.

Here is hoping somebody out there knows who or where to ask about this.  (The "What mod is this?" thread is uncertain.)  This is pretty close to my ideal body for Skyrim.

Related: I also recently found my absolute ideal face, here:

65334.jpg

It's amazing.  People seem to think it is one of those recent conversions from Black Desert - specifically the "archer".  But the archer face is this:

65855.jpg

And yes, this face does indeed look quite a bit removed from the usual ECE standard, while the other face above just looks like an unusually masterful ECE tweak.  Never hurts to ask if anyone knows who made it.

The body is amazing yes, the face is so so IMHO. Lurking for a while in these types of threads and it's astounding how no one seems to think this is important enough to get right. Why have all these different bodies and tweaks and sliders and such if you aren't going to obsess over details?

I too have searched the web in vain for an Oblivion like manga body for Skyrim. It's my all time favorite!

Tried the cbbe and adec manga conversions but didn't like the oversized 0.nif, too large. I even requested one of them, forget which, if they would consider remaking the 0.nf smaller, never got a reply.

Where did you get the pictures of the one with the harlequin head piece? Looks pretty good!

The CBBE bodyslide does have a possibility to add sliders to it to create your own puffys. Somewhere on this site you should be able to find the necessary addons. Been far too long since I downloaded it, so it's been long since deleted on my end, so I can't remember the name of the poster or the file.

The body is amazing yes, the face is so so IMHO. Lurking for a while in these types of threads and it's astounding how no one seems to think this is important enough to get right. Why have all these different bodies and tweaks and sliders and such if you aren't going to obsess over details?

I think the sense that it isn't deemed important stems in large part from the fact that bodies in Skyrim have always had two problems which compound one another: 1) Low vertex count in general, and 2) not enough vertex density in the high-detail areas which matter the most, such as the areolae/nipples.  Or, more accurately, the wrong kind of density, based on a simplistic idea of what those areas can look like.  This is illustrated vividly in the first image in my original post - both CBBE and UNP give a pittance of vertices to the nipples.  UNP even literally terminates at a single point, and because the areolae were assumed to be perfectly level with the rest of the breast, there is in effect not enough vertex density to achieve a convincing puffy effect.  CBBE fares better in this regard, but see below.

I too have searched the web in vain for an Oblivion like manga body for Skyrim. It's my all time favorite!

Tried the cbbe and adec manga conversions but didn't like the oversized 0.nif, too large. I even requested one of them, forget which, if they would consider remaking the 0.nf smaller, never got a reply.

Where did you get the pictures of the one with the harlequin head piece? Looks pretty good!

Oblivion Manga Body is basically the standard against which I compare any other body (although FONV's Type 3F is about on par).

Those pictures all come from the Japanese Skyrim picture repository.  Same url as the images.

The blackdesert archer face is the original face from the game. Model looks like a full rip, head to toe.

Possibly.  Early images with that archer face had the head comically too small but it looks like they've got it sorted out.  But the wrists in the image I posted are classic Skyrim "something's definitely not right here" type wrists.

Would you say that the image I submitted as my ideal face was also a port from Black Desert?  Here is another image of the same face:

65908.jpg

BAAAMMM!

puffy nipples for body slide

tho i think this was a wip not much has been done since then as far as i know http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27102-poc-nipple-add-ons-puffy-and-inverted/?p=739860

Yep, I remember that.  That was actually put together on my behalf, and it's essentially the best option currently available in Skyrim, all things considered.  It does have the drawbacks of being specific to CBBE (low vertex count, dubious body proportions that Bodyslide really can't entirely fix) and having flat, undetailed nipples, as opposed to the highly detailed "eraser head" construction unique to Manga Body efforts.

Hoping for some leads on the SevenBase Cleavage mod.  Pretty much at this point I'd donate towards the effort.

post-171559-0-81016600-1419284708_thumb.jpg 

I think those slider are damn close.  (You can play a bit around with other nipple sliders more, to get a closer copy of the manga nipples)

In addition to that you can morph the body via Outfitstudio and create sliders that make exactly the form you want it to.  

Textures: Look at the DL section of the mod. The author uploaded a Texture example. I would guess the textures you see on the pics are those. 

attachicon.gifddeffef.jpg

I think those slider are damn close.  (You can play a bit around with other nipple sliders more, to get a closer copy of the manga nipples)

Sure, it's close.  As I said, probably the best Skyrim has, outside of the 7BCleavage mod shown in the OP pics.  The drawbacks I mentioned before are just very hard to dismiss.  This is a morph of a low-poly body with not a lot of detail in the nipples.  There is only so much one can do with that.  Granted, if one tried something similar with any unmodified UNP-based body, they'd make even less progress, because there's practically no nipple detail at all.

Looking at those pictures, I definately feel like the nipples have been terribly neglected, at least in terms of polygons. The nipple in the Oblivion pic looks allot beter as far as definition.

[EDIT] Actually scratch the polygon bit, it's not the polygons but rather the shape its self. The shape of the nipples has always been something that has bothered me in that they are always rounded and not squared off at the end, like in the last pic (the old manga body)... actually, now that I think about it, I wonder if it would be possble to make a slider for that...

Citrus may have a slider you'd be interested in.

But unfortunately textures will be off with it right now since I'm still waiting for someone to fix my UV's.

I plugged some of your sliders into the CalienteBody shape data folder just to see what would happen and... well, they did.. INTERESTING things to the CBBE body. :D

But unfortunately textures will be off with it right now since I'm still waiting for someone to fix my UV's.

Yep with the amount of vertices that Citrus brings to the table... you should be able to do all kinds of shit.

Just a little teaser for you.

post-321913-0-86687400-1419353992_thumb.jpg

I plugged some of your sliders into the CalienteBody shape data folder just to see what would happen and... well, they did.. INTERESTING things to the CBBE body. :D

You can NOT use .bsd files from the Citrus Body with the CBBE body.

The vertices mismatch will give you some ugly results.

Same goes for trying any of the .bsd files that come in unified unp.

Yep with the amount of vertices that Citrus brings to the table... you should be able to do all kinds of shit.

attachicon.gifCitrus Level of Detail.jpg

Citrus is an exciting development, but everyone's waiting for things to reach a plateau before investing a lot of wardrobe / texturing effort in it.  This isn't a critique, though; the 7BCleavage modification I revealed in the OP is sort of in the same boat, as none of the clothing tailored to 7BCleavage will have taken into account the unique "Manga Body" nipples of that mod.

That said, yes there are definitely enough vertices in the areola portion of Citrus v4 to achieve a convincing puffy look.  But the nipple on Manga Body (remember, way back in Oblivion days) actually does have more vertex rings dedicated to the nipple itself, enabling for example the detail of the oval-shaped pit inversion in the center of the nipple (left image):

manga_type3f_inversions.jpg

It is, in my opinion, preferable to have vertices available at the center of the nipple to permit something more than a featureless surface.  By my count, the standard Manga Body nipple that's been transplanted on at least three occasions has seven polygon rings for the nipple, Type 3F (right image; FO3/FONV) has six, and Citrus v4 has four.  Type 3F also permits a very satisfying level of detail in the areola, as can be seen here:

type3f_vs_mangabody.jpg

There are seven rings set aside for Type 3F's areola.  (Only three for every Manga Body attempt, though that can be enough if done right.)

Still no solid lead on this customized 7BCleavage body, but the author isn't shy about posting more images.  This time they've modded the body texture to make the nipples red (I'd have done something similar, too, at least to change them from their original brown).  I still don't know exactly what texture is being used, but again, it's prominently shown in the UNPBO thread's screenshots from way back.  As usual, although the new screenshots are on the Japanese image viewer, they do not seem to be part of a public blog.

66193.jpg

It's hard to tell whether the Aradia Gold Lady costume in this shot has been adjusted to make room for the puffy areolae or not.  I suppose it doesn't matter in this case.

attachicon.gifCitrus Level of Detail.jpg

You can NOT use .bsd files from the Citrus Body with the CBBE body.

The vertices mismatch will give you some ugly results.

Same goes for trying any of the .bsd files that come in unified unp.

Oh I know, that's what I meant by interesting things. The body basically flys apart.

I compared the Oblivion Mangabody, the Fallout Type3F, and sevenbase. The structure of the sevenbase vertices is  similar to the Type3F. To get your puffy nipples, all you really need to do is subdivide the lines between the rings, thereby making the extra rings you need for definition in making the areola and the nipple. In fact, you can see in the Type3F that is exactly what was done. By editing the sevenbase body directly, the uv map stays intact and since you reference the UNPBO textures, you will still be able to use them. (The Real Girl textures on the Nexus...there are 2 versions though). Even though you add many new faces to the mesh, they are still in the same place as the original map/texture relationship. The body in your OP pics looks spot on for un7b, except with cleavage instead of bombshell, unsure if you care about the rest of the body shape. You could chop both the un7b and the cleavage body in half and weld the verts at the waistline or try some bodyslide on un7b to get cleavage.

I know you would love to have a link to that body, but sometimes you have to get your hands dirty.....or wait and hope :)

I compared the Oblivion Mangabody, the Fallout Type3F, and sevenbase. The structure of the sevenbase vertices is  similar to the Type3F. To get your puffy nipples, all you really need to do is subdivide the lines between the rings, thereby making the extra rings you need for definition in making the areola and the nipple.

Yeah, you make it sound simple, but if I have one acknowledged inadequacy when it comes to personal modding acumen, it's 3d modeling.  Scripting, audio mastering, compositing, fiddling with PS or Gimp?  No sweat.  But I am at the mercy of the experts when it comes to anything 3d that isn't thoroughly spelled out step-by-step.  (And generally those cases also fail because of this or that unexpected lack of function which my utter lack of expertise isn't good enough to salvage.)

I compared the Oblivion Mangabody, the Fallout Type3F, and sevenbase. The structure of the sevenbase vertices is  similar to the Type3F. To get your puffy nipples, all you really need to do is subdivide the lines between the rings, thereby making the extra rings you need for definition in making the areola and the nipple. In fact, you can see in the Type3F that is exactly what was done.

Type3F is ostensibly a modification of Fallout3's Type3 body, but in fact it is so much more exactingly sculpted that it is in effect its own body.  It is still the best-sculpted body I have seen in any Bethesda game, even if the Fallout skeletons distort this somewhat.  The proportions err on the side of appeal more than realism.  Anyway the impression I get from the very exacting nature of the vertices of Type3F's breast is that the entire thing was constructed with purpose, rather than having been a quick mod to the nipples to enhance modeling detail.

The body in your OP pics looks spot on for un7b, except with cleavage instead of bombshell, unsure if you care about the rest of the body shape. 

Correct - 7B Cleavage was my conclusion.  Frankly it's not my favorite body but it's better than many, and the nipple mod does it a great service, no question.

I know you would love to have a link to that body, but sometimes you have to get your hands dirty.....or wait and hope  :)

The trouble here is that what this guy did was literally the same thing that was done when creating the various Skyrim Manga Body iterations: He transplanted the classic Manga Body nipples, vertex for vertex.  And by the look of it, he specifically used the ones from the Oblivion Manga Body.  This is perhaps made more obvious with a closeup:

65745.jpg

Observe the curvature of the eraser-head nipples (curving back inward slightly, like a doorknob) and the pit in the center, as made particularly visible in the left nipple.  That kind of fine detail demands the vertex count you find in the Manga Body nipples.  Maybe transplanting a slice of one body to another body is easy (for an expert).  Maybe it's not.  Doubtless there would be considerations when it comes to mapping the texture.  It is beyond me, that's for certain.  I do think it would be easier to copy body parts from one model to another than to attempt to reconstruct the above look by hand.  An approximation using sliders and with a limited vertex count just can't cut it, and wouldn't look any good in a closeup like the above.

I may have been unclear about the actual body used in the pics you reference. If you look closely at the waist and especially the back and legs (other photos posted along with yours on the image upload site) you can see they lack the trademark sevenbase thighs. The lower body seems to be unp...which led me to believe it was unp7b...that mashup of unpb and sevenbase on the nexus and here on loverslab. Still the cleavage effect would have to be achieved in addition to the nipples, since neither manga body nor the basic unp7b have that.

Am I correct in understanding you approve of the cleavage but not so much the body? I guess what would be your ideal body for the puffies? The Real Girl skin was designed for unp bodies and I can assure you that is exactly the texture used as I have scrutinized it against my copies. ( I have both versions and also CBBE conversion) Cleavage can be achieved on CBBE as the I Love Cleavage mod can attest, but it sounds like you would love to have the manga body from Oblivion ported directly. As an aside have you ever looked at the CBBM body? It is very nice IMO and I think you would approve. A modder named Mashimaro did it and some outfits as well.

Regarding transplanting body parts from one body to another, it is indeed possible. Then you get to play with garbage weights and uv coordinates, so it is close enough of a headache to building a body that many shun this method. A far simpler apporach you already know of in Bodyslide...which automates many body type settings for the casual modder. There are some cool tools in 3d modelling that allow you to wrap a mesh around another one for a near perfect match providing you have enough verts. You can always tweak the finished product. I remember way back when Tera armor converts were all the rage and I spent considerable time getting those tiny fingers to line up with the larger Skyrim hands so the animations wouldn't wreck the hand mesh. If you have ever cast a spell and seen your fingers go crazy wearing Tera gloves....that's a fast and loose convert... :)

It is far easier to adapt a mesh to a preferred style and leave the uv map and weights alone, so all other aspects continue to perform as before. Otherwise you are asking for a much larger amount of work, that may or may not be compatible or supported by others in the community. I like your idea enough to mess with it, though I haven't done any modding in a while and I would have to set up my modelling studio again. If you just want the part you are talking about, what would be the best body skyrim has to put it on? You could shape one in bodyslide and upload the nifs if you want, since this would be a total custom job and not ripping someone else's work and bashing it into the mesh.

I'm pretty sure that's UNP7B and then either modified in 3ds/blender or maybe bodyslide.

The breast's have also been modified to look like cleavage but it's not 7B cleavage.

7B cleavage breast's are abit 'squished' compared to Bombshell and u can see they are not 'squished' (believe me i know from converting alot of clothing/armor's to 7B cleavage).

Trying to get puffy nipples myself ever since i seen that screen shot, tried different body's in bodyslide and still couldn't get near the same.

So i fired up 3ds, and have been messing about with different things i hadn't a clue what they do (only knew things needed for armor converts).

Still need to mess around with the mesh to make it more 'rounded' and 'puffy', also adjust the breast's abit.

Puffy1.png

Puffy2.png

Puffy3.png

ps, I'm using 7B Bombshell btw

I may have been unclear about the actual body used in the pics you reference. If you look closely at the waist and especially the back and legs (other photos posted along with yours on the image upload site) you can see they lack the trademark sevenbase thighs. The lower body seems to be unp...which led me to believe it was unp7b...that mashup of unpb and sevenbase on the nexus and here on loverslab. Still the cleavage effect would have to be achieved in addition to the nipples, since neither manga body nor the basic unp7b have that.

Okay yeah, I was failing to understand.  Makes sense, though it does imply quite a bit more work.  The result is definitely appealing.

Am I correct in understanding you approve of the cleavage but not so much the body? I guess what would be your ideal body for the puffies?

Not really a big fan of cleavage but I do find myself liking the size of the breasts.  You could argue that one eventually gets to a point where cleavage is an unavoidable side effect, but until breast physics are volumetrically realized (that will be quite an advent), it's probably a better idea not to pretend.  Fake cleavage only looks good in screenshots.

Ideal body?  All of the best bodies I've seen in any game have been designed by one or another Japanese modder.  This isn't some kind of bias on my part; it's just the fact of how things turned out.  T6M and T3F from FO3/NV, MangaBody and HG Eyecandy FCup from Oblivion (which I never really played, I must admit).  In Skyrim's case, there hasn't been much luck on that front.  There are some very good bodies that I would certainly use for random NPCs but not preferentially for my own character.  If someone would port T3F, that would be amazing... but I figure I'd want a bigger bust option at some point. ;p

The Real Girl skin was designed for unp bodies and I can assure you that is exactly the texture used as I have scrutinized it against my copies.

It's whatever was used in the UNPBO thread's screenshots - something I've recently tried tracking down as it's a good texture, if a bit low-res.  I'll find Real Girl and have a look.

it sounds like you would love to have the manga body from Oblivion ported directly.

I'd buy it for a dollar, yes.  From where I'm sitting, that would probably be the ideal scenario.  It doesn't have the highest vertex count in the world, but it gets proportions so right, especially in the nipples.  But I've followed that course several times, and it really feels like it may be literally impossible.  (That having been said, I do like the larger breasts of the OP screenshots.)

As an aside have you ever looked at the CBBM body? It is very nice IMO and I think you would approve. A modder named Mashimaro did it and some outfits as well.

Oh yeah, that body.  I remember finding it one day.  It is pretty good, yes.  I must admit that I'm not fond of the shape of the breasts (has some of that subtly angular quality I associate with UNPBO), and it's pretty obvious that the limited vertex count of CBBE was holding him back.  For a body leaning in that direction, I would probably stick with CHSBHC.

Regarding transplanting body parts from one body to another, it is indeed possible. Then you get to play with garbage weights and uv coordinates, so it is close enough of a headache to building a body that many shun this method.

Ah.  That right there probably explains why somebody doesn't just break out 3DSMax and whip up a quick edit.  Limits the prospects to people who do such things in their sleep.

If you have ever cast a spell and seen your fingers go crazy wearing Tera gloves....that's a fast and loose convert...  :)

Truth be told, I have not legitimately played Skyrim on PC yet.  All of this entire year has been spent either making mods or being burned out from making mods.  That said, I wonder if this has anything to do with the bizarrely too-thick wrists every female has.

If you just want the part you are talking about, what would be the best body skyrim has to put it on? You could shape one in bodyslide and upload the nifs if you want, since this would be a total custom job and not ripping someone else's work and bashing it into the mesh.

Dang.  Really?  Putting me on the spot. ;p  I would probably have to say that the latest Citrus would have to be the one, as the point behind that body is to be able to shape it to anything else, and it has the vertices to make it happen (with the specific exception of the detail required for a true Manga Body nipple).  But I get the vibe that this is not what you mean.

It's 5AM and not the best time for me to parse such a question, but a quick answer would probably be the likes of Manga Body v2, which was an attempt to port the Oblivion Manga Body by way of tweaking CBBE.  This was not a bad effort, but suffered from the lack of vertices specifically in that the areolae's puffiness is not well-defined (too smooth a transition).  Not enough vertices to achieve a nominal hill effect.  For areolae of the size of those in Oblivion Manga Body, CBBE only allows about two polygon rings, and in my opinion you can't get an acceptable hill from such little detail.  The author of Skyrim Manga Body v2 evidently agreed because instead of going that route, he opted to sort-of make use of a third polygon ring.  But this would have resulted in stupidly giant areolae, so he compromised by fudging the hill effect.  The rest of the mesh also suffers from its nature as a morph from one shape to another, with a lot of unpleasantly sharp angles.  You can see what I mean by all of this below:

skyrim_and_obli_nipples.jpg

Oblivion Manga Body's areolae have a quite sharply-defined hill with a definite corner differentiating it from the rest of the breast.  That is half of the key to an areola's puffy look.  The other half is having enough polygon rings for a decent hill look.  Two is not enough.  Three is barely enough as long as it's done with care.  More would be better, for the sake of closeups.  Of course it is equally important to have the eraser-head nipple.  What makes this attractive is the pointy look achieved by it.  Antithesis of this would be a flat or even a non-erect nipple.

Someone later generated "high poly" versions of the various Skyrim Manga Bodies (three in total that I know of), but these were not painstaking efforts; they appeared to be something accomplished through an automated method.  The same thing as upconverting a DVD to 1080p - you don't get a bluray out of that.  Still, it is technically a better version because of the vertex count, but the drawbacks remain, like the non-hill (and too-large) nature of Manga Body v2's areolae and the conspicuous lack of curvature underneath the breasts.  They persist as smoothed-out likenesses.

These two versions are here: Manga Body v2, Manga Body v2 high poly.

I will note that the one responsible for those Nexus links later generated versions of his high poly meshes that only had the crazy level of detail in the frontal chest area of the mesh... but for some reason forgot about the existence of Manga Body v2.  (The focus is instead on two other Manga Body meshes, both of which have even more severe drawbacks in my opinion.)

(I actually tried to post this at 5AM, but I guess I forgot to hit reply.)