[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

- Is it possible to re-work an existing bodyslide outfit ? If I want to add some zap sliders, can I just open a (.xml) project, do Guide #8, then save ?

I have tried that, but I dont see any zap-sliders I add in the BodySlide. I dont know what I do wrong, as it clearly replaces the nif-file I loaded.

- mask tool to the part

- invert mask

- new zap slide

save but result is... nothing added.

Has anyone heard of this? I was using bodyslide outfit studio, and following step 3of the guide. I have un7b with the extended skeleton. Updating Tera armor. The armor already fits, so all I was doing was adding butt and belly weights. Anyhow after doing this to one piece of Tera armor, the saves will not load. I tried this several times and if you get the game to load everything goes fine, but the last time the game would not load at all. I reinstalled the original armor and the same save loads every time.

I have done this before I changed to the new skeleton, with pussy bones, so it may be the skeleton that is causing the problems.

Any ideas?

Don't try using UN7B with Bodyslide.

It uses it's own custom skeleton which I'm not sure is still supported by the latest XPMSE2, in which case you would still have to know enough to replace the bodyslide skeleton with the new XPMSE2 skeleton.

In other words, don't try this unless you can keep your skeletons in order.

It uses it's own custom skeleton which I'm not sure is still supported by the latest XPMSE2, in which case you would still have to know enough to replace the bodyslide skeleton with the new XPMSE2 skeleton.

Un7b does support xpmse2. It is mentioned in the un7b mod as being compatible. I overwrote the un7b skeleton with xpmse2. Is xpmse2 compatible with body slide?

So I've been using a bunch of bodyslide outfits and it's been pretty great; but for, say, a bikini, the sliders will do just fine with adjusting the size and shape of the cups themselves, but the string between the cups doesn't move up/down/in/out practically at all.  It stays pretty much pressed to the sternum, which starts to look really weird when the rest of the chest is moving.  Is it a major operation to modify all the bodyslide conversions I have to account for that?

Un7b does support xpmse2. It is mentioned in the un7b mod as being compatible. I overwrote the un7b skeleton with xpmse2. Is xpmse2 compatible with body slide?

Change the skeleton in the /res folder to use latest XPMSE files and then import meshes. It should work then.

So I've been using a bunch of bodyslide outfits and it's been pretty great; but for, say, a bikini, the sliders will do just fine with adjusting the size and shape of the cups themselves, but the string between the cups doesn't move up/down/in/out practically at all.  It stays pretty much pressed to the sternum, which starts to look really weird when the rest of the chest is moving.  Is it a major operation to modify all the bodyslide conversions I have to account for that?

Sorta, Dunno any good shortcuts yet.

Maybe you can figure something out? If so please share.

Change the skeleton in the /res folder to use latest XPMSE files and then import meshes. It should work then.

Is ther just the one skeleton file to replace, the one with xpms as part of the name. And do I then import, femalebody0.nif and femalbody1.nif?

I have the HDT 7Base bodyslide outfit studio from Blabla other page HDT.

I have this Original 7 Base outfit mesh that would fit a 7base original body.

So I load up the hdt 7base as the reference, there are a ton of unp body type sliders in the right pane. 

From here if I set Original 7base body_1 to 100% the body lines up with the outfit mesh perfectly.

I want to then get the object to conform to the slider so I can start conforming it to other shapes without hassle,

But each time it just conforms to sliders and things just don't match up anymore with any of the sliders.

I thought I could just you know make a original seven base that lined up without having to push and pull mesh to line up with the HDT 7b body?

So I want to take a 7b original mesh and convert it to the TBBP Mesh, so I then can use the slider SevenBbombshell to alter the 100 and 0 weight meshes.

Whats the workflow to go from 100 weight original mesh to 100 weight sevenbombshell start.  without having to play with mesh shrink/inflate buttons.

Edit

I found something called Make Conversion Reference, under the file tab, I think I got what I want now,

followed your guide bladda (thank you) seem to have a issue, i load my mesh make the changes i need, and export. first time, when i loaded in game there was no texture. so i went back in, and saw that for some reason it had the texture folder i.e "thesetextures.bak" but that wasnt the texture area so i removed the ",bak" that fixed kinda of, know both version of the armor have the same color even tho there should be a white and black verison any insight would be get help

So I've been trying to follow all the directions for adding TBBP weighting both here in guide 3 and in a similar thread on the nexus forums. It's been working fine for the regular ADEC TBBP body that I normally use, but I keep coming across an issue when I try to convert armors to the ADEC Caribbean Body (nexus - /skyrim/mods/30770/?)  while using the Dragonfly Inspired TBBP animation/skeleton (nexus - /skyrim/mods/34713/?).

I installed the normal ADEC body with TBBP weighting and I'm using the XPMSE skeleton in order for Caribbean and other mods to work. However whenever use Caribbean as a reference in OS it doesn't display the proper bones for TBBP (it only has L/R Breast and L/R Butt, not the L/R Breast 01 that TBBP should have).

I tried loading the normal ADEC with TBBP as a reference first to get the bone weights and then loaded Caribbean as a new reference to copy the body mesh into the outfit, but the butt weighting still didn't properly transfer over. What should I be doing to give armors TBBP weighting that works with Caribbean and the Dragonfly animations?

The zap sliders are supposed to make a mesh disappear from the outfit in-game, right?  Bodyslide seems to be exporting the same nifs, with all the meshes, regardless.  I tried deleting meshes directly in Outfitstudio, but that just causes other problems elsewhere on the body.

The zap sliders are supposed to make a mesh disappear from the outfit in-game, right?  Bodyslide seems to be exporting the same nifs, with all the meshes, regardless.  I tried deleting meshes directly in Outfitstudio, but that just causes other problems elsewhere on the body.

With zap sliders you can make meshes or parts of meshes disappear, yes (remove vertices).

You have to create a zap slider in Outfit Studio, save the project and use the zap slider in BodySlide. The preview window should show the effect already. If not, something probably went wrong in the creation of the zap slider in OS.

There's some things fixed for the next version: 72 & 93

Make sure you're not running into those traps for the current version.

To make a zap slider do something, the parts you want removed have to be moved in the slider data in any way. BodySlide will remove all vertices that are listed in the slider BSD file that OS creates.

With zap sliders you can make meshes or parts of meshes disappear, yes (remove vertices).

You have to create a zap slider in Outfit Studio, save the project and use the zap slider in BodySlide. The preview window should show the effect already. If not, something probably went wrong in the creation of the zap slider in OS.

There's some things fixed for the next version: 72 & 93

Make sure you're not running into those traps for the current version.

To make a zap slider do something, the parts you want removed have to be moved in the slider data in any way. BodySlide will remove all vertices that are listed in the slider BSD file that OS creates.

I was using CT77's sliders.  The zaps make things disappear in the previews, but they don't make it through the export and into game.  The output nifs are the same size with or without the zap slider toggled.  All the other sliders output just fine.

I was using CT77's sliders.  The zaps make things disappear in the previews, but they don't make it through the export and into game.  The output nifs are the same size with or without the zap slider toggled.  All the other sliders output just fine.

Do the other sliders make it through to the output mesh? Does the file changed date change?

Looks like there's an update to version 2.1 for Bodyslide and Outfit Studio on the Nexus (although the servers appear to be synching right now, so I cannot download it). Hoping this fixes the issue where meshes cannot be loaded into Nifskope after the body mesh is updated and reweighted.

It won't fix them automatically, but it will tell you that it needs to be fixed before it saves it - and masks the affected vertices.

I had an issue with Outfit Studio and Racemenu Overlays. On Armors (better said on the included body) created with Outfit Studio the overlays didn't show up.

It took me quite a time to find out the reason for this:

Racemenu Overlays expects the body to be the very first shape in the nif file, and Outfit Studio puts the reference body last in the nif file. This can be corrected with nifskope. Just move the body with CTRL+UP/DOWN so that it is the very first shape.

Wanted to share this, maybe it helps someone.

@cell: Would it be possible to include in the next release of Outfit Studio a feature that puts the reference body first in the nif file.

I had an issue with Outfit Studio and Racemenu Overlays. On Armors (better said on the included body) created with Outfit Studio the overlays didn't show up.

Racemenu Overlays expects the body to be the very first shape in the nif file, and Outfit Studio puts the reference body last in the nif file. This can be corrected with nifskope. Just move the body with CTRL+UP/DOWN so that it is the very first shape.

@cell: Would it be possible to include in the next release of Outfit Studio a feature that puts the reference body first in the nif file.

I just asked Expired, he said RaceMenu picks the first shape with a skin shader (body), not the first one in the list. The only way this could happen is if you have two bodies inside of the same NIF, and the upper one in the list is bigger than the lower one, Then you're not going to see your overlay.

So, did you make sure there's only one body shape in your final NIF?

I just asked Expired, he said RaceMenu picks the first shape with a skin shader (body), not the first one in the list. The only way this could happen is if you have two bodies inside of the same NIF, and the upper one in the list is bigger than the lower one, Then you're not going to see your overlay.

So, did you make sure there's only one body shape in your final NIF?

There's only one body in the nif. I did some testing and it turned out it was the labia mesh contained in the HDT body. If it's before the body mesh, overlays are not working . Thx for the quick reply.

okay so i was converting a shoe and the knee height slider kept screwing with the shoe's mesh affecting both the ankle AND the shoe, so im thinking if there's a way to make it so that the knee height slider only affects the flesh and not the shoe? or limit the area that slider can affect?
i suspect it has something to do with weight painting but i'm really confused about this...