Sanguine Debauchery enhanced: SD+ (January 2022)

Maybe, If you are using Death Alternative.

When you get captured, you are transported to a fort/prison and locked in, so you cant just run away.

If you were to be transported to a prison, NPC in the prison area are not hostile, but if you escape and leave area, outside NPC's (eg. bandits guarding fort area would be hostile) have chance of enslaving you again if they see you and come after you.

And Maybe a scenario like submit. When captured, they set you free with random devious devices attached.

And maybe with open world enslavement, if you go outside range, NPC's become hostile straight away and come after you and recapture has more severe penalties, such as shorter range, or being transported. and random chance they decide you are to much of a pain and left for dead with devices attached.

it should not be up to the master to follow you. it should be up to you to follow the master. if there was harsher penalties for going out side of range, it really would make you feel like a slave and think twice about actions.

I'm sure this was already answered and I did try looking for an solution before asking.

My SD+ just stopped working all of the sudden, I was inside a dungeon and died(enslaved) multiple times but kept on reloading last save back until I beat it. But after that SD+ just stopped working and my character dies instead but still gets enslave animation after death then the game loads last save quickly afterwards. I think the problem was caused by dying over and over again and loading save without restarting the game. How do I fix this to get SD+ to work again without starting over?

A lot of things can go wrong when you go through a long dungeon with many fights.

My guess is that somehow your PC is no longer flagged as essential.

Go in SD's menu and make sure the option to set your character as essential when weakened is turned on.

If it is, try turning it off - leave the menu - go back into the menu - turn it on again.

Other mods may affect your 'essential' state. Try to keep SD near the end of your load order.

If that still doesn't help, try sharing your load order.

Its definitely a script issue within the save. My earlier saves still works perfectly. Is there a way to reset the mod? Turning off essential and back on doens't fix it. And I have not changed my load order or install new mods since starting the save. 

This is getting harder to troubleshoot.

The safest would be to reload an earlier save, but that would mean having to go through that dungeon again.

Or you could look at the mod global variables or quests and see if some have not been reset properly.

In the console, try: help _sd

That will give you the list of quests and variables.

Look for: _SD_GV_enslaved - if it is at 1, you need to set it to 0: 

set _SD_GV_enslaved to 0

You could also try:

stop _sd_enslavement

to be sure it is turned off.

Its getting really weird. Those console commands gives me "unknown variable". But at the same time in the original save. I'm getting the enslaved animation and message but it reacts as if PC died and loads last save. 

I also did go back and replay from a save, and the same thing happened after playing it through mostly the same quests and dungeon for a few hours. I restarted the game after every death instead of reloading the save. (Maybe its not caused by reloading save within the game over and over?)

So I tried again with the same playthrough but this time its still working so far and I have gotten further than the previous test but not my original save. (I test this by dying/enslaved every new map/location I travel to)

Load Order: 

I didn't remember the exact name of the variable.

I just checked and it should be:

help _sd_state_enslaved

I think its a mistake of mod settings on my end, I apologize.

I turned off killmove player restriction thinking the toggle had the opposite effect. I turned it off instead of being on. So the bug might have been caused by having killmove initiated on the PC but not killed. So far this haven't occur through my current play through and I have gotten further through than my first report. 

Good suggestions - thanks.

They will be useful for the new system.

I am leaning toward a system of tasks and needs around the master. These will come with constraints on the player, from hard radius around the master to permission to roam free and a bounty placed on your head if you don't come back before a deadline.

I would recommend placing a quest marker on the master if given permission to roam freely. If the master happens to be the type to wander around, could cause a lot of trouble for the PC to find the master again once he has wandered off. Unless of course the point is to get the PC in trouble.  ;)  Will also need something to make sure the master does not despawn while the PC is away.

Good suggestions - thanks.

They will be useful for the new system.

I am leaning toward a system of tasks and needs around the master. These will come with constraints on the player, from hard radius around the master to permission to roam free and a bounty placed on your head if you don't come back before a deadline.

I would recommend placing a quest marker on the master if given permission to roam freely. If the master happens to be the type to wander around, could cause a lot of trouble for the PC to find the master again once he has wandered off. Unless of course the point is to get the PC in trouble.  ;)  Will also need something to make sure the master does not despawn while the PC is away.

yeah... this is the kind of fun thing I am (not) looking forward to having to deal with :)

You could do something like the Master poisons his slave and the slave has to stick around and receive periodic antidotes or risk dying before finding anyone to cure them (something harder than finding a Alchemist instead of a blacksmith) or free them from their bonds to try and cure themselves if their Alchemy is high enough.

This would work to keep the slave in line while doing tasks as well if the slave has tasks that send them away from the master.   For bonus points it would be great to be able to turn the tables on the master and steal the poison and antidote and poison the master.  And yes in case anyone else watched The Blacklist last night, that's where this idea came from.

To everyone who advocates for more restricted movement while enslaved...

It makes sense from a real life point of view. But this is a game. I think Skyrimll, reversing the wheel and making the master following you was a stroke of genius.

And I'm gonna explain why.

Now you can get enslaved by almost everyone in Skyrim. That's a huge result but also means situation may vary wildly. It's not possible to recreate a new Master AI and behavior for every possible Npcs in skyrim, mods included.

In the old SD, you were forced by your master... that means, in many case being forced into a room watching your master mixing grass in a alchemy table (if you are lucky there is an alchemy table). May sounds enticing the first time... but after twenty?

PO has a different behavior but it has a different scope. It only needs to trace you to the local jail. Once you're arrested, it start it own fixed train of events... but how many them you get arrested in Skyrim?
With SD+ is different. In may playthrough I got enslaved practically every time I enter a dungeons. Often more than once. And every single time it always led to a new and interesting experience. And that thanks to the "master following you" behavior. You have to roleplay it a bit in your head, of course. If the place I got enslaves offer no opportunities I imagine the master is actually strolling me on the outside.
Otherwise the are some dungeons I traveled through as a slave. In this case I figured out is the master showing me around and bringing me to the final boss. Or perhaps I'm whoring my Pc around to pay back my freedom. Every situation is different, with a bit of imagination.

This way SD+ really become a "game changer". It's just not a quest with a start and an end (like PO, a great mod), it's something that alters completely the skyrim gameplay in every single scenario. To me, this is a exceptional result.

It makes sense from a real life point of view. But this is a game. I think Skyrimll, reversing the wheel and making the master following you was a stroke of genius.

Now you can get enslaved by almost everyone in Skyrim. That's a huge result but also means situation may vary wildly. It's not possible to recreate a new Master AI and behavior for every possible Npcs in skyrim, mods included.

In the old SD, you were forced by your master... that means, in many case being forced into a room watching your master mixing grass in a alchemy table (if you are lucky there is an alchemy table). May sounds enticing the first time... but after twenty?

PO has a different behavior but it has a different scope. It only needs to trace you to the local jail. Once you're arrested, it start it own fixed train of events... but how many them you get arrested in Skyrim?

With SD+ is different. In may playthrough I got enslaved practically every time I enter a dungeons. Often more than once. And every single time it always led to a new and interesting experience. And that thanks to the "master following you" behavior. You have to roleplay it a bit in your head, of course. If the place I got enslaves offer no opportunities I imagine the master is actually strolling me on the outside.

Otherwise the are some dungeons I traveled through as a slave. In this case I figured out is the master showing me around and bringing me to the final boss. Or perhaps I'm whoring my Pc around to pay back my freedom. Every situation is different, with a bit of imagination.

This way SD+ really become a "game changer". It's just not a quest with a start and an end (like PO, a great mod), it's something that alters completely the skyrim gameplay in every single scenario. To me, this is a exceptional result.

yes, yes, and yes.

Thanks Shinji

:)

With that in mind, lookie who became my master in a recent test.

If you are wonder how...

Find a way to go to Dreamworld while you are already enslaved and ask Sanguine 'Can I go with you'?

He may say yes and even follow you back to Tamriel.

He is kind of laid back, drunk all the time and with only a small dagger as a weapon, so he is not even overpowered.

Of course, weird things could happen if you stay with him too long (glicthes.. ) so I don't recommend it but it is currently playable enough to test.

post-159469-0-52320200-1399413089_thumb.png

post-159469-0-94423000-1399413090_thumb.png

The mod used to work that way but resulted in the PC getting stuck against trees, or rocks or in the middle of stairs.

I am open to any suggestion to make escape harder as long as it doesn't involve turning control over to the AI.

Any idea? :)

Well, under the current system there are a lot of "reach this place, even with a master in tow, and you can escape" options.  Simple stuff like just walking to a city and asking the blacksmith to get you out of your bindings.  Or finding a sharp object to pick up, in a place which also allows you a good path to run away.

I played the original SD with the leash and it was too limiting and artificial.  A real, useful slave (or a Skyrim character that wants to accomplish anything) can't have their movement restricted like that.  And the moment the leash comes off, you need some other way to keep escape challenging.

I think that using Devious Devices restraints could address these issues, because you need to obtain keys to get rid of them and you can make it pretty hard to get keys.

1. Give new slaves an armbinder (or cuffs that work like one), slave boots, and a gag.  Good behavior gets the gag taken off first, then the armbinder, then the boots.

Finding a sharp object does nothing.  Struggling or a friendly NPC can remove the armbinder, everything else requires a DD key.

2. Give indentured servants, who may run about independent of their master, a chastity belt.  There are probably lots of opportunities to use plugs, especially for misbehaving slaves.

3. Consider using the body harness which prevents other gear from being equipped on top, so escaped slaves can't immediately slip on armor.

4. Consider having a device which disables fighting and magic (I think the current SD+ collar disables only magic, but there's a Zaz property to turn off fighting).  Maybe make a version of the arm cuffs that does this, by magically slowing the arms or something.  So even with the armbinder off, you can't just grab a sword and start killing.  A character in this position needs to use theft, prostitution, etc.

5. Make sure there's a reasonable supply of chastity and restraint keys.  Master should generally be carrying some.  Tell users to check the "consumable keys" option in DD, so they need a new key for each device.

The DD team is probably going to add more ways to get keys, but you could also add a dialog option to blacksmiths to have them sell keys.  The price could be tied to the player's level to keep it balanced.

6. Consider changing the "dog collar" device to one that punishes the slave, or slows them in a more interesting way, rather than just being a "slow field".  Maybe even something which master can activate for punishment.  I'm thinking magical shock effect, or vibration/edging effect.

This could even be on a timer.  If you haven't talked to master in a while, periodic shocks or vibration set in.  The longer you're away, the more frequent the effect becomes.  Edging is nice because it has a sexy animation, ties into Aroused (so it's torture with a belt) and so on.

So under a system like this, how do you escape?

You can always get your master killed, or pickpocket him.  But what if you can't find all his keys still on him?  Oops.

Good behavior to get yourself let out of some of the gear makes sense.

With a follower master, there will be situations where you can get out of range long enough to count as escaped, but they won't be trivial to find.  Blacksmiths won't sell you keys when you have a master, so you can't just walk into a city and insta-escape.

Then you have to find a bunch of DD keys, which shouldn't be trivial.

I understand that some people may not want the most hardcore of escape options.

but if you restrict escape, all you would have to do, is add MCM options for people to turn off, if it is to hard.

at the moment for a mod which i would get captured and is easy to run away, i find submit to be better, since it adds devices which i have to try and remove.

also for places to be transported to, Helgen may be a good place, because it has lockable doors.

Is there anyway i could make escape harder?

Currently it's very hard to get the key from the master but i can just walk away from them until i get to somewhere i can get someone to remove my chains.

Any way that if you got too far from the master you would be dragged back and/or automatically taken by anyone from the same faction as the master?

The mod used to work that way but resulted in the PC getting stuck against trees, or rocks or in the middle of stairs.

I am open to any suggestion to make escape harder as long as it doesn't involve turning control over to the AI.

Add a random chance to be tracked down by the Master's goons while still slowed by whatever other factors are involved. It's OK to just spawn them suddenly at this point.

Currently it's very hard to get the key from the master but i can just walk away from them until i get to somewhere i can get someone to remove my chains.

Any way that if you got too far from the master you would be dragged back and/or automatically taken by anyone from the same faction as the master?

Well lets see.. 

• A guard dog that follows you around/watches you when enslaved

• If you wander away, and get that little "escape" thing going on, other NPCs of certain factions could essentially take you (I mean, you are all chained up after all)

• Make it so you can't enter cities, because, why would a jarl and his people want a run-away slave in their city.

Some different ideas:

• There is a mod somewhere, which adds slavers and slave traders around Skyrim, you could make it so that if you are wearing your slave stuff (collar, cuffs, etc) they enslave you.

• Someone said this ealier, I am sure, but movement of slaves. Make it so you as the slave move around, the bandits might sell you to the falmer, the falmer might give you to the big king falmer, the king might get bored of you, sell you to a moving auction, nazeem buys you (oh no >.>)

• and uh yeh. 

Instead of being unable to enter cities, add a chance alongside that to be thrown in prison to wait for the owner to claim his slave. who knows, maybe he's a bandit who's dumb enough to try it and get thrown into the same cell with his slave... oh the fun there.

This mod adds small slave caravans to Skyrim, but all they do is patrol, and so far they are very screwy. http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/828-hyd-sg-8057z/

I've actually gotten one of the Slavers from that mod to take in my PC. None of the NPCs from that mod are SL compatible, as far as i know, and when I tried to get it on, the guy did nothing. Something to consider,

You could do something like the Master poisons his slave and the slave has to stick around and receive periodic antidotes or risk dying before finding anyone to cure them (something harder than finding a Alchemist instead of a blacksmith) or free them from their bonds to try and cure themselves if their Alchemy is high enough.

This would work to keep the slave in line while doing tasks as well if the slave has tasks that send them away from the master.   For bonus points it would be great to be able to turn the tables on the master and steal the poison and antidote and poison the master.  And yes in case anyone else watched The Blacklist last night, that's where this idea came from.

This might be a great idea!!

The poison could act like a timer. And slowly ticks down your health/magica/stamina - or what ever.

So you have 3 days to complete a quest for your master and return to him.  Or else the poison kills you.

There is a "taper" or "curve" Magical Effect in the creation kit.  And I have no idea how it works.  But you can use it to have little to no effect at the beginning, and then a dramatic effect at the end.

If it was two poisons, then one could be steadily wearing you down, while the other has no effect until the end when it kills you.

And only your master has the antidote!!

Side note - while I'm working for the Slaver Master, I think it would be great if I had to capture some more "famous" individuals, with escalating challenges and gold rewards.

1. Lydia of Whiterun and other Housecarls.

2. Aela the Huntress

3. Vex of the Thieve's Guild

4. Elisf the Fair of Solitude

5. Nocturnal.

The quests could get harder as you go.  Lydia might follow you on her own if you are a Thane.  But as soon as you enter Mistwatch and try to hand her over, she would 100% turn on you.  "Hey I'm on Your side!"  "That's it!!"

Once you beat her down, and take her weapons and armor, she would end up in the stocks, or a jail cell.

Fill all 5 Jail cells, and maybe your master makes you his queen, long enough for you to kill him.

I know some of this could make it impossible to play through the main quest.  - but so what?  or do it after you've completed the main quests.  Or start a new game for this mod, with no intention of chasing down Alduin.

maybe a spell that binds Nocturnal to our world??

At any rate - thanks again all involved for a great mod!

This is an interesting idea. I'm actually thinking I'm getting close to finishing a rebuild of my mod, Crippling Poisons, which is available here on LL. What is most interesting about this is that I included a 1% chance of addiction to the strongest poison in the package.

At the same time, its a poison, but it wouldn't do for your idea, and it's potentially addictive, which would work immensely for your idea.

If Skyrimll would like to use this poison, I'll increase the chance of addiction to suit SD+.

It's nice having something to contribute to the community other than a console command mod.

What if each "slaver master" can send out his own Hired Thugs?

I escaped a vampire slaver in Moldering Ruin.  Then he sent Hired Thugs after me that took me to Mistwatch.  I escaped, and tracked them down to Orotheim.  And there was a note from said vampire in the chest with my gear.

Maybe each time you escape from a slave master, they send tougher Hired Thugs after you??

If they defeat you, then it goes to black, and fast travels you to X location.

Well lets see.. 

• A guard dog that follows you around/watches you when enslaved

I've not experienced SD yet (waiting for the next vers.), but I may as well trow my 2 cents.

If one of the "problems" is that the mechanics of being around your master become repetitive and have to be centered around you (him following you) then I like Scarlett's idea (also because it doesn't break the roleplaying)...you master simply has another character to watch over you (this character can be one of his mates, one hireling, one of his underlings..depends on the character) while you do quests for him.

On a side note, this also opens up the possibility of "bonus content" with that guard (try to convince him to free you, ...you get the idea)

Alright, decided to throw in a few random ideas. Not expecting any of them to actually make it to an actual release, but if one of these inspires and idea that inspires and idea that gets into the mod, I'll be happy.

- Have groups of bandits have a chance to fight over ownership of their slave. It makes no sense to me that the latest recruit in a bandit gang has a personnal slave, and the chief doesn't reclaim it. Could make for interresting betrayals too. Would also give a nice chance to escape during the fight.

- Seductresses: they try to make you bed them, and use that to capture you. Of course it would be a more scripted encounter, but if there's a way to make that dynamic, it would be awesome.

- To fit with the cage mechanic: have the owner decide to tie you up in some random position for the night if he/she doesn't like you much.

- To integrate DD mechanics: have some plugs that get you on the edge, but never make you cum. You'd need to beg your owner to either let you cum, or shut them off.

- Having different kinds of slavery: intendured servitude is nice, but how about an owner who wants a new dog? Maybe he/she would force you to act like it.

- Brandings?

What I would like, actually, doesn't have much to do with it being more difficult to escape (it is already as difficult as i want it to be in any given circumstance) but has to do with the Indentured Servant type of sub-quests.

Because I mostly just play in Skyrim and ignore the vanilla questlines my characters usually have some sort of "profession" loosely defined: e.g. herbalist, hunter, alchemist, pickpocket, etc. It would be nice, imo, if you could do things like this for your owner's benefit/profit. It would, I think, require a certain level of trust and/or favor from an owner since the slave would have to be allowed to roam quite a bit. I think, most likely, the "deadlines" sort of thing that Skyrimll mentioned would work for this. And giving your owner hides, meat, ore, whatever, probably isn't that far from how indenture works now, except that, maybe, most of the value of the items doesn't count toward liberation. The owners just take it for themselves, allowing the slave to keep a small percentage that, over time can be accumulated to eventually buy freedom (although, naturally, misbehavior could get it confiscated).

Of course, I must admit that I am far more interested in things I can make up stories with and around than in "just" overcoming one more thing, which is a personal preference, but it is why I am still playing Skyrim and not any of the games that give you linear story and a couple of different ways to play through it  at most.

This is also why I am a bit dubious about the idea that everybody who can capture/enslave you in Skyrim also just happens to have a lot of elaborate bondage gear or rare poisons and so forth. I don't have anything against either (there's just something about a posture collar)... but it seems to me that they should be more specialized sorts of things for special circumstances.

What if each "slaver master" can send out his own Hired Thugs?

I escaped a vampire slaver in Moldering Ruin.  Then he sent Hired Thugs after me that took me to Mistwatch.  I escaped, and tracked them down to Orotheim.  And there was a note from said vampire in the chest with my gear.

Maybe each time you escape from a slave master, they send tougher Hired Thugs after you??

If they defeat you, then it goes to black, and fast travels you to X location.

I would be wary of making the thug's strength escalate. As I see it, player slavery in this mod isn't meant to be permanent (unless you count Sanguine). There is a good reason for this, as I see it there can be two classes of player slavery mods:

1. Random slavery mods. This would be SD+, where nearly anyone can enslave the PC. Since anyone may become a master, the experience is forced to be rather generic. The ultimate purpose is to provide the player with a break or distraction from the main gameplay. Given the breath of the scope, there isn't room for depth, and as such the slave experience can last only so long before it gets boring. It also adds an additional danger to be overcome while adventuring. Very good tie in to Death Alternative, as it provides its own penalties for losing rather than simply forcing a reload of an older save game.
  2. Targeted slavery mods. Here we see custom crafted NPCs created to be the owner of the PC. A lot more detail can be crafted this way, extending the time that slavery can hold a player's interest. As a downside, since it revolves around a specific NPC it is not available as a generic danger on the road, so it does not provide for a death alternative. Perhaps if the NPC is a well known slaver eagerly buying up fallen adventures from all manner of bandits, necromancers, and creatures. But even then playing the same slavery game multiple times with the same NPC master can get rather old.

The ultimate experience would be a large population of NPCs given the targeted treatment. But seeing how long the targeted slavery mods are taking to produce just one NPC master you really can't expect to find a population of them. :lol:

SUMMARY: Making escape difficult can be good. Escalating things so that escape eventually becomes impossible will kill the mod.

Add a random chance to be tracked down by the Master's goons while still slowed by whatever other factors are involved. It's OK to just spawn them suddenly at this point.

If the master you've escaped from is unique, have him/her send goons to re-enslave ;)

Hi.

Er, weird one here.

I uninstalled SD+116 as am tidying up for new SL etc.  Followed the instructions and it's now disabled but if I remove the files all characters ingame are frozen in the standard "carrying 2 sheep" pose.  I can move but no animations trigger, SL, equipment use or otherwise.  I replaced the files without enabling the mod and everything's fine again. 

Did I miss something?

Hi.

Er, weird one here.

I uninstalled SD+116 as am tidying up for new SL etc.  Followed the instructions and it's now disabled but if I remove the files all characters ingame are frozen in the standard "carrying 2 sheep" pose.  I can move but no animations trigger, SL, equipment use or otherwise.  I replaced the files without enabling the mod and everything's fine again. 

Did I miss something?

Did you run FNIS after uninstalling?

Hi.

Er, weird one here.

Did I miss something?

Gah.  No.  Missed that...  Trying now.  Thanks very much.

Hi.

Er, weird one here.

Did I miss something?

Gah.  No.  Missed that...  Trying now.  Thanks very much.

Thank you Sir.  All back to normal now.

Animations>>FNIS.  Should have thought of that.  Really should have worked that out.