Thanks a lot!

After some testing last weekend it also seemed to have a problem with new Followers added to the party while using "simple mutliple followers" but i think thats a whole other story.

Disabling, clean saving and reinstalling SLDN2 after recruiting someone helped xD Annoying, but okay for me, i don't plan to recruit and dismiss so many for now.

(The problem mentioned was that it seemed not to recognize the new one as party member but with "scan first" as possible attacker xD) It might also have been related to the guard bug since i had a guard before recruiting someone, so i don't really know if its just that or another problem.

But anyway, if the mod now properly clears the guard after talking to them again as intended, it's a huge step in the right direction :)

It seems really interesting to me by using it with campfire, frostfall, hunterborn, rnd and simple multiple followers :D Finally camping can be dangerous instead of just being a really cheap (and cool) alternative to a player home :)

Perhaps a new reply to an old topic, but it's still relevant and I'd still like to know, if anybody happens to know.

I like using this mod, and in a sexlab based modded game, it really adds to the believable possibilities of being assaulted during sleep. However, at the moment, I've not yet determined a good balance of chance based on the MCM settings and in a full night of rest (about 8 hours) it seems attacks are guaranteed. I know I could simply tune down the chances, but would like to first inquire how the math is done to determine the odds. Is it calculated each hour, or is the percentage added to or incremented, etc.? Is the percentage chance "per hour", or a general average over a certain amount of rest time?

• 2 months later...

Mod has been good so far but there's an unavoidable glitch that won't let me use followers as victims alongside me. When I appoint them as guards & sleep, it spawns a group of whatever enemies it chooses but even tho they're all from the same faction, they kill each other instead of raping me & my follower. Or in the rare chance they don't kill each other, they just plain attack us instead of raping us. Every other instance of this mod worked great so far, but I can't get them to rape me & my follower no matter what faction comes in any location

7 hours ago, Destroyah340 said:

Mod has been good so far but there's an unavoidable glitch that won't let me use followers as victims alongside me. When I appoint them as guards & sleep, it spawns a group of whatever enemies it chooses but even tho they're all from the same faction, they kill each other instead of raping me & my follower. Or in the rare chance they don't kill each other, they just plain attack us instead of raping us. Every other instance of this mod worked great so far, but I can't get them to rape me & my follower no matter what faction comes in any location

If you set your follower as guard, it's more likely for the attacker to start a fight rather than a rape (because your companion spots them early and it not helpless or suprised). I had problems to make the attacker recognize themselfs as allys so they attack just everybody when a combat is started.

Guffel: So glad to see you are still around.  Love your mod but I have 1 problem: Beginning a new game the "Scan Only and Scan first" work as they should, but quit working after a while - only get random regardless of option.  Might be one of Bethesda's famous "OOPS" problems.  If you think this is the case, could you add a "reset" option? I noticed a couple other mods quit working as they should after several hours of play and require a reset/restart.

On 8.2.2018 at 11:52 PM, JahReit said:

Guffel: So glad to see you are still around.  Love your mod but I have 1 problem: Beginning a new game the "Scan Only and Scan first" work as they should, but quit working after a while - only get random regardless of option.  Might be one of Bethesda's famous "OOPS" problems.  If you think this is the case, could you add a "reset" option? I noticed a couple other mods quit working as they should after several hours of play and require a reset/restart.

Hi there,

it was about 3 years ago when I last touched this mod, I don't really remember any of it's workings. I'm aware that it doesn't work very good... but I don't see me opening it up again any time soon. I simply have diffrent things on my mind now, that need my attention.
But DN2 is triggered only when the player sleeps, so it might work to shut down its quests in the console via "stopquest" and then restarting them with "startquest" again. You can use TES5edit to look up the quest names.

I'm afraid that is all the help I can offer right now.

Hello, I'm not sure if it's already been addressed but whenever I get 'woken up', the screen is just black. Sometimes messages like 'you hear a sound but it's dark and you can't see anyone' appear in the top left corner, and I can access the game's main menu and sometimes the player menu, but the game itself doesn't react to anything else. Is this a glitch, or is it supposed to happen?

Thanks in advance!

19 hours ago, Dvanid said:

Hello, I'm not sure if it's already been addressed but whenever I get 'woken up', the screen is just black. Sometimes messages like 'you hear a sound but it's dark and you can't see anyone' appear in the top left corner, and I can access the game's main menu and sometimes the player menu, but the game itself doesn't react to anything else. Is this a glitch, or is it supposed to happen?

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried the MCM option "no black screen" or something like that under the debug tab? Does the problem persists?

It can happen that you wake up without an attack. That's what the message indicates. This is a technical issue with the "scan only" feature. The game needs to wake the player up first in order to be able to scan for enemies (while the sleep menu is open all scripts are paused). And if none are found nothing further happens.

23 hours ago, cadensreturn said:

When using "scan only", does DN2 us the scan quest from SLA to scan?, the reason I ask is I wanted to increase the scan area in my game.

No, DN2 uses it's own scan functions. SLA's scan is a totally diffrent thing.

26 minutes ago, Guffel said:

No, DN2 uses it's own scan functions. SLA's scan is a totally diffrent thing.

Thanks Guffel, appreciate the response, and thanks for this mod, it's a must have now for a play thru

• 2 months later...

I've came across such bug, i have all options in "creatures" form disabled and every night there only a wolf attacks me. It is annoying, i have rather better tag selection for human scenes and there appears a creature, which i have banned through an MCM (i am sleeping in Whiterun, Bannered Mare, having civilized areas chance set to 40%)

Does anyone have the solution?

On 11/1/2017 at 2:59 PM, Bane Master said:

It's a bug that causes SLDN2 to fail to remove the FadetoBlackHold imagespace modifier when a Dangerous Night event ends without an attack.

If it happens you can fix it and continue your game by opening the console and typing

rimod 000F756E

Ha!  This actually worked for me in SE!  After Dangerous Nights wake up scene didn't happen, I was stuck in the dark... 

• 2 weeks later...

sleep on cabin somewhere in the wood. door locked.. slept for 3 hours... a wolf somehow break in  and start grape..

if only we could resist a bit thats gonna be amazing. hihi..

edit:

the animation that fired is amazing tho, man if only there's some minigame resisting before the sexscene, like SLDefeat's, it's definitely gonna be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dewdedew said:

How come when I have scan only and I sleep in whiterun or any place for that matter, vampires show up and never any citizens? Citizens never seem to do anything and it seems to be randomly spawning characters.

Do you sleep inside a house or outside at the road?
The problem with the scan feature is, that the scanning range is limited. Inside it scans a complete house (or from load-door to load-door), but outside only roughly 10 m around you. And if no citizen is in that area, the mod can't find one. 

But I can't explain where the vampires come from...

Your best chance to get citizens would be to sleep at around 11pm in the Bannered Mare when the tavern is full. Then it should give you some townfolk^^

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I tried everything (I think so :-D), but I cannot start this mod. To be precise: It is installed an MCM showed up, for testing purpose I set propability to 100% but nothing happens, also I tried to search in this topic but I failed.

Help :D

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:33 AM, Guffel said:

Do you sleep inside a house or outside at the road?
The problem with the scan feature is, that the scanning range is limited. Inside it scans a complete house (or from load-door to load-door), but outside only roughly 10 m around you. And if no citizen is in that area, the mod can't find one. 

But I can't explain where the vampires come from...

Your best chance to get citizens would be to sleep at around 11pm in the Bannered Mare when the tavern is full. Then it should give you some townfolk^^

Yeah, I'm having this problem as well now. Scan only generates thieves, it never brings citizens anymore. Was there a recent upgrade to one of Dangerous Nights 2's dependences that might cause it to no longer function? The thieves (and the occasional vampires that spawn too) don't even run away anymore, they just hang out at the inn. And I don't have the option for them to stay toggled on either. Doesn't matter where I sleep, in the Bannered Mare, outside on a hay pile, in a cave, even when set to "scan only", the mod spawns thieves or sometimes vampires.

On 6/26/2018 at 12:52 AM, horonbr said:

is there anyway to increase the amount of rapist spawning so that more companions will get rape at the same time? cuz so far i noticed the maximum amount of companion that will get rape is 4.

....How many companions do you take with you in skyrim...?

On 6/25/2018 at 1:20 PM, CaCO3 said:

Hey, I tried everything (I think so :-D), but I cannot start this mod. To be precise: It is installed an MCM showed up, for testing purpose I set propability to 100% but nothing happens, also I tried to search in this topic but I failed.

Help :D

Yeah me too mod doesnt work i tried everything but nothing changed how can i make this work please help

On 6/26/2018 at 6:52 AM, horonbr said:

is there anyway to increase the amount of rapist spawning so that more companions will get rape at the same time? cuz so far i noticed the maximum amount of companion that will get rape is 4.

Unfortunately DN2 only spawns attackers for up to 4 companions... Since the mod has to track all spawned npc, I had to choose a maximum number to layout the mod for.

I thought more than 4 companions would be rather uncommen so I set the limit there. 

So, unfortunately DN won't give you more attackers than that.. :/

5 hours ago, manga31 said:

Yeah me too mod doesnt work i tried everything but nothing changed how can i make this work please help

Are you using it together with Sanguines Debauchery Enhanced (SD+) ? DN2 is written to not fire when SD+ wants to start the Dreamworld.

When a mod isn't starting, its usually a problem of old saves with a lot of mods installed. Especially when the mod setup has be altered a lot on the same save.

Have you tried it on a new game with a minium of mods installed, just for testing?