25 minutes ago, shebop said:

I wrote a utility to do what MergePlugins fails to do....

? Out of curiosity.. what is that what it fails to do ? And what does your utility intend to do?

I guess the Merge Plugin writer assumed that people would leave the resources available in Mod Organizer (by keeping the merged mod checked).

Probably not. Well, at least I never did so. Once I merge them (and tick the "copy all" box) I deactivate them on the left pane. The merge is always the only remaining active one.

Is Bandolier incompatible? 

Not to my knowledge. I have Bandoliers and I have SOS. No problems noticed.

*scratches head*

Probably not. Well, at least I never did so. Once I merge them (and tick the "copy all" box) I deactivate them on the left pane. The merge is always the only remaining active one.

.It sounds like you probably use the old script for TESVEdit rather than the Merge Plugins program.

20 hours ago, worik said:

? Out of curiosity.. what is that what it fails to do ? And what does your utility intend to do?

The program is more "sophisticated" in that it can decompile, change and then recompile scripts, allowing the merging of a larger variety of mods.  However, it doesn't copy all the resource properly,  There is no "Copy All" tick box.  There are two specific options that are related in the "Merging" tab in the settings that can be ticked:  "Extract BSA's" and "Batch Copy Assets".  Both are ticked for me.  The BSA's get extracted; however many of the loose assets don't get copied; including some of the scripts that don't need to be recompiled (which is odd... I believe it used to do a better job with an older version). 

The merge keeps track of the files it merges and lists them in a sub-folder of the merge (called "merge"), both in a text file, and as a list of 0 byte files.  So I wrote a software program that allows you to pick the "Merge Plugins" profile that you used in the "Merge Plugins" program to build the merge, then select the merge folder.  It will only work with Mod Organizer because of the way that it keeps mods separate (though theoretically I could add zip/archive support and do the same thing I do with the MO installed mod folders). When you click the "Build" button, it builds a database of all esms and esps in the collection of downloaded mods, their CRC's, and folder locations.  Then it checks those against the CRC's listed in the Merge plugins JSON file to figure out which version of the esp is being used (in case their are duplicates... which can happen with MO).  Finally, it goes down the list of merged esp/esm files (from the merged "merge" folder), locates the assets, and copies the ones that are missing to the same base merge folder.  (Basically it copies ALL files without overwriting ones that already exist).

EDIT: It also lists out the ones it copies... their were THOUSANDS of files that were missing from a merge or two.

15 minutes ago, shebop said:

.It sounds like you probably use the old script for TESVEdit rather than the Merge Plugins program.

No MP, standalone, current version. This one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905

"Extract BSA's" and "Batch Copy Assets".  Both are ticked for me.

:classic_blush: I meant those ... I'm travelling and can't check the exact wordings. Sorry the confusion.

however many of the loose assets don't get copied

You should report that as a bug. Or won't ever get fixed.

On 1/27/2019 at 1:43 PM, shebop said:

I am and this may still be an issue.  However, I discovered something new soon after I posted the mod (I have restarted my game a few times trying to get everything to work).   When I take the items off a dead "nude" character who doesn't have a schlong, suddenly the shlong appears and I get a piece of underwear.  Apparently the underwear mod files didn't copy when I merged it with other mods.  I am assuming that the schlong only equips when they are nude?  Since technically they are wearing underwear whose nif was missing, the nif didn't show and as such they were "naked".  I still wonder if they should be wearing something besides the underwear though.  I will test it.

I wrote a utility to do what MergePlugins fails to do.... (which is rather annoying for those of us with a lot of mods) and now all the loose files that were missing from the merged plugins have been added to the merge folder.  I guess the Merge Plugin writer assumed that people would leave the resources available in Mod Organizer (by keeping the merged mod checked).  However, if I do that, I end up with over 500 esps which causes big issues in the game so I have to deactivate most of the mods that have been merged. 

I will post again if I have any further issues.  Is Bandolier incompatible?

There is a mod which shows the SLOTS that equipped items use but of course somehow Nexus has managed to lose it. (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84957)

If you can find a copy of it you can then open the console in game select one of the "Naked" actors and then enter "openactorcontainer 4" in the console then close the console to get an open inventory window for that actor.  The you should be able to see which items are occupying which slots as long as the items are marked "playable".  That will help you then determine which mods are interfering with SOS.

23 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

There is a mod which shows the SLOTS that equipped items use but of course somehow Nexus has managed to lose it. (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84957)

If you can find a copy of it you can then open the console in game select one of the "Naked" actors and then enter "openactorcontainer 4" in the console then close the console to get an open inventory window for that actor.  The you should be able to see which items are occupying which slots as long as the items are marked "playable".  That will help you then determine which mods are interfering with SOS.

That should be available somewhere on this forum, as it was originally posted here.

7 hours ago, Jason_reaper 2 said:

ummm I have a problem its saying sos light edition cant be added in mhy nexus mod manager....do the sos files still work because they either crash my game or cant be loaded...

SOS Lite works fine.  SOS full works fine.

If NMM won't load it, it's likely you've got an incomplete download or NMM is screwing up.  If NMM gets it to 50% and stops it means the file is fine but you're missing a requirement (nice of NMM to totally fail to explain that).

On 1/31/2019 at 10:23 AM, WaxenFigure said:

If NMM won't load it, it's likely you've got an incomplete download or NMM is screwing up.  If NMM gets it to 50% and stops it means the file is fine but you're missing a requirement (nice of NMM to totally fail to explain that).

Ok what about vortex??? I have vortex but I think I tried and no effect...

On 1/31/2019 at 10:23 AM, WaxenFigure said:

Oh and fyi Nexus mods has retired nmm they have switched over to vortex which actually seems to kinda fuckin work for me...

5 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

But the smart people went to Mod Organizer and it's latest iteration Mod Organizer 2.

Hey cut me some slack I'm new to modding ok, vortex and nmm are the main stream shit so don't be surprised if I'm using that, dosent mean I'm stupid, maybe u should be a little bit more nice and be happy that another person is modding and u can relate to them instead of being a stuck up computer geek that thinks he's all bad and shit and fuck the world...if u are that way than u are no better than the assholes that fuck with nerds because they are supposedly cool people and fuck you all mentality which gets you no where but more enemies...

2 hours ago, Jason_reaper 2 said:

Hey cut me some slack I'm new to modding ok, vortex and nmm are the main stream shit so don't be surprised if I'm using that, dosent mean I'm stupid, maybe u should be a little bit more nice and be happy that another person is modding and u can relate to them instead of being a stuck up computer geek that thinks he's all bad and shit and fuck the world...if u are that way than u are no better than the assholes that fuck with nerds because they are supposedly cool people and fuck you all mentality which gets you no where but more enemies...

That is slack. If you're serious about using a Mod Manager (and you should of course be) then there is one mod manager which simply outdoes all the rest.  It just has all the advantages, starting with it never fucks up the default game install so you should never have to download and reinstall it because your mod manager lost track and left files behind or restored the wrong file from the wrong mod when you uninstalled a mod.

That it can also keep track of and let you know about all file level conflicts and then let you choose exactly how to handle those conflicts is a super bonus. 

That you can have multiple "profiles" with different mods activated and completely separate save files is yet another great bonus.

I have no idea where you got the idea I was trying to lay down all that shit you thought you I implied but no, I'm just trying to let you know what is the best stuff which will allow you to spend more time playing and less time wondering how badly the game is broken now and will I have to reload from scratch yet again. 

Here's the download location that should be of best interest for you:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194

Both Mod Organizer 2 and the latest version of Mod Organizer (the original) can be found right there.

The original version is good for only 32bit games while the "2" version is good for both 32 and 64 bit games but IS slower in starting the game.  

31 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

That is slack. If you're serious about using a Mod Manager (and you should of course be) then there is one mod manager which simply outdoes all the rest.  It just has all the advantages, starting with it never fucks up the default game install so you should never have to download and reinstall it because your mod manager lost track and left files behind or restored the wrong file from the wrong mod when you uninstalled a mod.

That it can also keep track of and let you know about all file level conflicts and then let you choose exactly how to handle those conflicts is a super bonus. 

That you can have multiple "profiles" with different mods activated and completely separate save files is yet another great bonus.

I have no idea where you got the idea I was trying to lay down all that shit you thought you I implied but no, I'm just trying to let you know what is the best stuff which will allow you to spend more time playing and less time wondering how badly the game is broken now and will I have to reload from scratch yet again. 

Both Mod Organizer 2 and the latest version of Mod Organizer (the original) can be found right there.

The original version is good for only 32bit games while the "2" version is good for both 32 and 64 bit games but IS slower in starting the game.  

I appreciate the link thank u...is just when u said oh smart people use this mod that's when I thought u we're trying to lay down shit on me...

1 hour ago, WaxenFigure said:

Will this mo mod manager run most if not all mods from loverslab? Cause this maybe the key to getting sos and oher nude meshes to work from this site and Nexus I hope it works...

1 minute ago, Jason_reaper 2 said:

Will this mo mod manager run most if not all mods from loverslab? Cause this maybe the key to getting sos and oher nude meshes to work from this site and Nexus I hope it works...

Yes it will.  In fact you can check out a mod using MO, decide if you like it and if you don't you can remove it and be sure it's completely gone and left no traces as long as you didn't save your game with it installed. 

One mod I liked to explore was

but I didn't like to have it installed as part of a permanent playthrough.

I would add the mod (regenerate FNIS), make a save before starting this mods content and then run through the content in that mod with my current player, returning to that original save after installing this mod to try other paths and then finally once I finished exploring the mod I would remove the mod (regenerate FNIS again) then remove the saves I made with the mod installed and continue playing that player through the rest of it's playthrough sans this particular mod.

The only key if you do something like that or want to test a mod is to remember to not advance your character so much that you won't want to back up to the saves before the mod was added.

19 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

Yes it will.  In fact you can check out a mod using MO, decide if you like it and if you don't you can remove it and be sure it's completely gone and left no traces as long as you didn't save your game with it installed. 

I would add the mod (regenerate FNIS), make a save before starting this mods content and then run through the content in that mod with my current player, returning to that original save after installing this mod to try other paths and then finally once I finished exploring the mod I would remove the mod (regenerate FNIS again) then remove the saves I made with the mod installed and continue playing that player through the rest of it's playthrough sans this particular mod.

The only key if you do something like that or want to test a mod is to remember to not advance your character so much that you won't want to back up to the saves before the mod was added.

OH THANK YOU, MAY THE GROUND QUAKE AS U WALK PAST! LOL

20 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

I will definitely give this mod a shot...