So I'm trying to set up a profile for Devious Blindfolds and Zaz's blindfolds since DD Blindfold does not work with IFVP. While Leech's mode is okay it's not that immersive. The readme for IFVP is sadly a bit too complicated for me. I think disabling IFVP when equipment with the blindfold keyword is equipped would be the best way to go about this but I'm not sure how to do this. Anyone do this before?

I have a very strange enb problem. In first person view, when sexlab is in the process of initializing a scene, the quality of the post-process effects on the characters suddenly drops and it doesn't return to normal until the scene is over. But in 3rd person view the quality remains high the whole time. I don't get it. Anyone know of a solution?

• 2 weeks later...

can someone post the settings they use to make this work in place of enhanced camera?

Here is mine.

; Comments start with ; or # character on a new line

; See the read-me at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49036/?or in

; downloaded mod archive for documentation on how to configure

!set iDebug 0

!set bEnabled true

!set bActivated false

; Keycode IDs:

; https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375731%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

; uncomment to bind numpad8 to reload and numpad9 to switch view

;!bindkey 0x68 0 "ReloadIFPV"

;!bindkey 0x69 0 "ToggleIFPV"

!set fPositionOffsetHorizontal 0

!set fPositionOffsetVertical -0.5

!set fPositionOffsetDepth 0

!set fRotationFromHead 0

!set fExtraRotationFromCamera 0

!set bHeadtrack false

!set fRestrictAngleHorizontal 90

!set fRestrictAngleVertical 80

!set fUpdateProfileInterval 0.2

!set iFaceCrosshair 0

; set false if you don't want to overwrite vanilla FP

!set bZoomIntoIFPV true

!set bToggleIntoIFPV true

; Main profile is special profile that we can use to run commands when IFPV is

; activated and deactivated, no matter what profile actually is used

[Main]

+set bBlockFadeOut true

-set bBlockFadeOut false

+set fNearClip 0.01

-reset fNearClip

+set bHeadtrack true

-set bHeadtrack false

; Profiles are selected from top to bottom, whichever first satisfies all conditions

; Profiles without any conditions are never selected but can be entered through command or keybind

; Profiles that use "skip" command are not selected automatically

[ToggleIFPV]

; this profile will not be selected automatically because there are no conditions, but it was bound to key

GoThirdPerson

modify bActivated true

[ReloadIFPV]

reload

; Normal profiles

[Mounting]

(bMounting==true)

+set bHeadtrack false

-return bHeadtrack

+set fNearClip 0.001

-return fNearClip

+settween fRotationFromHead 1 0.2

-returntween fRotationFromhead 0.2

;-settween fCameraViewOffsetHorizontal 0 0.1

[Dismounting]

(bDismounting==true)

+set bHeadtrack false

-return bHeadtrack

+set fNearClip 0.001

-return fNearClip

+settween fRotationFromHead 1 0.1

-returntween fRotationFromHead 0.1

[sittingChange]

(iCameraState==5)

-returntween fRotationFromHead 0.2

[CraftingChange]

(iCameraState==8)

[TransitionCam]

(iCameraState==6)

[bleedoutCam]

(iCameraState==11)

[bowAiming]

(bAimBow==true)

+set bHeadtrack false

-return bHeadtrack

+settween fRotationFromHead 0 0.1

-returntween fRotationFromHead 0.1

[Mounted]

(bMounted==true)

+settween fRestrictAngleHorizontal 70 0.2

+settween fRestrictAngleVertical 50 0.2

-returntween fRestrictAngleHorizontal 0.2

-returntween fRestrictAngleVertical 0.2

[sLProfile]

(Keyword&SexLabActive)

+set bHeadtrack True

-return bHeadtrack

+set fNearClip 0.001

-return fNearClip

+settween fPositionOffsetVertical -0.7 0.2

-returntween fPositionOffsetVertical 0.2

I only have 3 1 problems with it and they are only a problem with the SexLab Addon portion.

1. I see the lower jaw when looking straight down. I very rarely have to look that far down so I rarely notice this.

2. The distance flickers when in 1st person.

This probably wouldn't be bad on its own but my ENB is exagerating it, as it happens lightly in 3rd person as well.

3. As Serenna187 mentioned my character's head is rotated roughly 15 degrees to the right when in SexLab scenes.

If i try to look around with the mouse while in a scene the head will not turn anymore to the right and it wont turn to the left until i have moved all the way to the left.

If I try to move my head right (back towards a center position) it will turn all the way back to the right.

----------------

So while I was typing this response it got me thinking on a few things and i made some changes and did some tests.

Problems 1 and 3 are now gone from my perspective.

Is there a reason why when I try to use this now it sometimes makes my camera face backwards in SL animations... If this isn't the right config to be using then does anyone have recommendations for a config for Devious Device mod gags and soforth?

Would it be possible to add an up-to-date version that includes an mcm? It's much easier to make adjustments in-game than quit every time I don't like how it looks.

I really like this mod, but it has adversely affected my 3rd person camera. The 3rd person camera now clips through walls and objects. If I deactivate Immersive First Person View, the 3rd person clipping stops. Is there a setting perhaps in the config file that could fix this? Thanks!

I, too, am curious if there is an answer to this.  I'd love to use a 1st person view mod, but I haven't found any that don't have this camera clipping issue.  It's very jarring, and I hope someone has a solution.  If not, I simply will not use a camera mod.   :(

I have the final version before the esp and mcm were removed. I could give you a copy and that should make adjustments significantly easier.

Hey,

Do you still have this file? I'd love to try it out.

I also have another issue. When using SexLab or OSex, when the characters change poses and turn around, the 1st person camera doesn't turn around with my character. So now the camera is facing backwards like my eyes are at the back of my head, and when I try to turn the camera around, I can't, because of the turn limits. I had to change the horizontal turn limit to 360 degrees as a work around, but it would be better if the camera would turn around with my character.

Sure, I'd love to play around with it a bit.

First Person 1_9 BETA 2-49036-1-9.zip

Here ya go.

Hey,

I also have another issue. When using SexLab or OSex, when the characters change poses and turn around, the 1st person camera doesn't turn around with my character. So now the camera is facing backwards like my eyes are at the back of my head, and when I try to turn the camera around, I can't, because of the turn limits. I had to change the horizontal turn limit to 360 degrees as a work around, but it would be better if the camera would turn around with my character.

First Person 1_9 BETA 2-49036-1-9.zip

This version allows you to fix most problems you might have.

I don't understand what made them think removing the mcm would be a good idea.

Sure, I'd love to play around with it a bit.

attachicon.gifFirst Person 1_9 BETA 2-49036-1-9.zip

Here ya go.

Hey,

attachicon.gifFirst Person 1_9 BETA 2-49036-1-9.zip

This version allows you to fix most problems you might have.

I don't understand what made them think removing the mcm would be a good idea.

The reason i'm still using 1.9 it's because of the MCM menu :)

Last year when i said this, someone said that it is easier to write the commands instead of 1 minute or less editing the MCM menu.

It can be more easy or more configurable, but i still like the MCM menu better. 

The reason i'm still using 1.9 it's because of the MCM menu :)

Last year when i said this, someone said that it is easier to write the commands instead of 1 minute or less editing the MCM menu.

Yeah...I don't see how that could possibly be easier. From what I understand, you're required to edit the actual config file in the new versions, which would require you to turn the game on and off to make adjustments. That's absurd.

Not only does version 1.9 let you make all your adjustments in-game, it's also fully compatible with Joy of Perspective, which also has its own perks to using, such as the option to still see your weapons when they're drawn. IFPV can be toggled on and off with a hotkey for extra immersion when you want it, such as for sex animations, and Joy of perspective is good for combat.

• 3 weeks later...

Any tip to lock the player's position in during sexlab animations?

By default, the first person view during a sexlab anim aligns with whatever direction I was looking at before jumping into first person view, which in return changes the angle of the player's character and breaks alignment of the sexlab animation.

• 2 months later...

The reason i'm still using 1.9 it's because of the MCM menu smile.png

Yeah...I don't see how that could possibly be easier. From what I understand, you're required to edit the actual config file in the new versions, which would require you to turn the game on and off to make adjustments. That's absurd.

Not only does version 1.9 let you make all your adjustments in-game, it's also fully compatible with Joy of Perspective, which also has its own perks to using, such as the option to still see your weapons when they're drawn. IFPV can be toggled on and off with a hotkey for extra immersion when you want it, such as for sex animations, and Joy of perspective is good for combat.

Or you can have Skyrim open in Windowed mode, edit the .txt file and then go back into Skyrim and hit Numpad 8 to reload the plugin. How do people still complain about not having an MCM menu? This isn't difficult.

Or you can have Skyrim open in Windowed mode, edit the .txt file and then go back into Skyrim and hit Numpad 8 to reload the plugin. How do people still complain about not having an MCM menu? This isn't difficult.

Windowed mode is less efficient (lower FPS).  It also has an annoying tendency to allow the cursor out of the window if you run a multi-monitor setup and your cursor moves enough that, under normal circumstances, it would leave your primary monitor and enter a secondary monitor.  That in turn causes a very regular and quite annoying interruption to gameplay.

So yeah, it's reasonable to believe that a lot of people aren't going to run in windowed mode. :dodgy:

Windowed mode is less efficient (lower FPS).  It also has an annoying tendency to allow the cursor out of the window if you run a multi-monitor setup and your cursor moves enough that, under normal circumstances, it would leave your primary monitor and enter a secondary monitor.  That in turn causes a very regular and quite annoying interruption to gameplay.

So yeah, it's reasonable to believe that a lot of people aren't going to run in windowed mode. dodgy.gif

Well, you'd only really need to run in windowed while editing the settings, there should be nothing stopping you from switching back to fullscreen once you're done.

Anyone have a solution for the phenomenon where beyond certain angle thresholds, meshes close to the camera disappear utterly?  For example, when I start glancing downward, the first time I can see anything, what I see is my armor mesh, devoid of the body wearing it.  Once I've gotten past about 45 degrees, however, the body suddenly appears.  And angling the camera around to get different glances of the body reveals a confusing series of similar mesh-vanishing phenomena.  Trying to parse why this would happen - weighing it against EC which didn't share this issue.  (Edit: I should clarify that I am not talking about a mesh clipping issue.  The mesh doesn't disappear a bit at a time the way clipping entails; literally between one frame and the next it simply vanishes entirely.)

So yeah, it's reasonable to believe that a lot of people aren't going to run in windowed mode. dodgy.gif

Yeah, exactly what LazyBoot said.

While I'm poking around...

Trying to set up FirstPersonPlugin.txt so that IFPV is off unless one of the two following things happens: 1) I've hit a certain toggle hotkey.  2) Sexlab is in progress on the player character.  Even this very thread has info on getting this to work but it doesn't seem to have an effect.  Things don't seem to function the way intuition would suggest.  For starters, I can't even get the simple function of forcing IFPV's toggle to work.  I hazard to guess that I need to modify this:

[ToggleIFPV]
; this profile will not be selected automatically because there are no conditions, but it was bound to key
+GoThirdPerson
+modifynooverride bActivated true

but it necessarily would help to know what this toggle is already doing and what I may need to add to it in order to achieve an in-game result.  Or, to keep things straightforward since I'm really only interested in the end product, perhaps someone already has their own config set up the way I'm aiming for.

Edit: Well here's where I'm leaving off:

[ToggleIFPV]
+GoThirdPerson
;+modifynooverride bActivated true
+set bActivated true
+set bZoomIntoIFPV true
+set bToggleIntoIFPV true
+activate
-bindkey 0x62 0 "ToggleIFPVoff"

[ToggleIFPVoff]
+GoThirdPerson
;+modifynooverride bActivated false
+set bZoomIntoIFPV false
+set bToggleIntoIFPV false
+set bActivated false
+deactivate
-bindkey 0x62 0 "ToggleIFPV"

The toggle key now works to activate IFPV.  It does not thereafter redefine the key's profile, or else the functions specified in the new profile are not functioning, as IFPV stays on indefinitely.

You can't edit files while skyrim is open, whether windows mode is toggled or not. Don't you know how programs work? You can't edit program files while the program is still running.

While I'm poking around...

Trying to set up FirstPersonPlugin.txt so that IFPV is off unless one of the two following things happens: 1) I've hit a certain toggle hotkey.  2) Sexlab is in progress on the player character.  Even this very thread has info on getting this to work but it doesn't seem to have an effect.  Things don't seem to function the way intuition would suggest.  For starters, I can't even get the simple function of forcing IFPV's toggle to work.  I hazard to guess that I need to modify this:

[ToggleIFPV]
+GoThirdPerson

but it necessarily would help to know what this toggle is already doing and what I may need to add to it in order to achieve an in-game result.  Or, to keep things straightforward since I'm really only interested in the end product, perhaps someone already has their own config set up the way I'm aiming for.

Edit: Well here's where I'm leaving off:

[ToggleIFPV]
+GoThirdPerson
;+modifynooverride bActivated true
+set bActivated true
+set bZoomIntoIFPV true
+set bToggleIntoIFPV true
+activate
-bindkey 0x62 0 "ToggleIFPVoff"

[ToggleIFPVoff]
+GoThirdPerson
;+modifynooverride bActivated false
+set bZoomIntoIFPV false
+set bToggleIntoIFPV false
+set bActivated false
+deactivate
-bindkey 0x62 0 "ToggleIFPV"

The toggle key now works to activate IFPV.  It does not thereafter redefine the key's profile, or else the functions specified in the new profile are not functioning, as IFPV stays on indefinitely.

Read this Readme from an older version of the mod, It helps a lot:

IFPV 2.0+ Configuration Documentation

1. How configuration file works.

2. Variables.

3. Profiles.

4. Conditions.

5. Commands.

6. List of all variables.

7. List of all conditions.

8. List of all commands.

9. Example configuration with explanation.

1. How configuration file works.

Configuration is a text file located in "Data/SKSE/Plugins/FirstPersonPlugin.txt". This file is loaded

when Skyrim is first started but it can also be reloaded any time. The file contains a list of profiles,

conditions for profiles and commands to run. A profile itself is just a bunch of commands to run when entering

profile and/or when exiting. File can have comments when a line starts with ; or # character. All commands,

conditions, profiles and variables are NOT case-sensitive.

2. Variables.

Variables can be used to control how the mod works but also to add conditions to profiles. There are four types

of variables: boolean (on or off), integer (negative or positive value without fractions), float (negative or

positive value with fractions) and string (text). First letter of variable is either b, i, f or s, this says

which type of variable it is just like in INI files of Skyrim. Variables are also divided into two categories:

one is game variables that automatically update and one are user set variables. For example FOV is a user set

variable but a value saying whether character is swimming is a game variable and can't be modified by us.

3. Profiles.

Profile is a set of commands and conditions. Only one profile can be active at a time and this profile is selected

from a list where first profile has the highest priority. The first profile in the list that matches all conditions

will be selected. If a profile has no conditions then it will not be automatically selected and can only be entered

using a command. A profile is declared using [ ] characters and the name of profile will be in the middle.

4. Conditions.

Profile can have conditions that must be satisfied before we select this profile. A conditions is declared with

( and ) symbol. For example a condition could be (bSwimming==true) so that we can create a profile that only

activates when character is swimming. A profile can have multiple conditions and all must be true before we can

select that profile. If a profile has no conditions then it will not be automatically selected.

5. Commands.

A profile itself is a collection of commands. When a profile is selected then it runs commands on entering profile

and when leaving profile (in case another profile is selected). Commands that start with + (or no symbol) are run

when entering profile. Commands that start with - are run when leaving profile. Commands can also start with ! when

outside of all profiles, these commands are run when the configuration is first loaded, this is good for example to

set default values or initialize key binds.

6. List of all variables.

User set (you can modify):

bEnabled - Is mod enabled or not.

bActivated - Is IFP view currently activated or not (camera is overrided).

bActivated2 - Same as previous, both must be true to activate (by default this one is true).

iActivated - Same as previous, must be greater than zero to activate (by default this is 1).

iDebug - Debug level, set 1 to see debug messages in console. For example it shows when profiles are switched.

bHeadtrack - Enable or disable character headtracking. If true then character will turn head to crosshair.

fPositionOffsetHorizontal - Horizontal (left, right) position offset of camera in game units. Negative is left.

fPositionOffsetVertical - Vertical (down, up) position offset of camera in game units. Negative is down.

fPositionOffsetDepth - Depth (back, forward) position offset of camera in game units. Negative is back.

fRotationFromHead - Ratio of rotation to add from head. If 0 then rotation of camera is only from where you are

pointing, if 1 then rotation of camera is equal to rotation of head. 0.5 would be in between those two.

If you want camera to roll with somersault you would need value of 1. If you set 1 you must also set

bHeadtrack to true otherwise you can't look around!

fNearClip - This is same setting as in INI file. Setting this low will disable clipping nearby objects, but

distant terrain and objects will start to flicker.

fFOV - FOV of camera. Same as in game INI file except that we can modify it in real time. Don't set FOV at all

to just use game's value.

fTimeScale - Speed of game time. Slow time shout changes this value for example. 1 is normal speed and 0.5 is half

speed, 2 is double speed.

fRestrictAngleHorizontal - Restrict viewing too far left or right. This prevents camera from viewing too far

so that you couldn't look yourself in the eye.

fRestrictAngleVertical - Restrict viewing too far up or down. It is not recommended to set higher than 80 because

camera angle will get messed up if you look too far up.

fUpdateProfileInterval - Update profile selection every this many seconds. Recommended 0.2 - 0.5

bBlockFadeOut - Don't allow player model to fade out when camera is too close. This is essential when IFP view is enabled.

iFaceCrosshair - Force player to face crosshair. 0 means let game decide, -1 means free look no matter what, 1 means

camera jumps back to player center, 2 means player faces crosshair.

bZoomIntoIFPV - When you zoom in, instead of going to vanilla first person, activate IFPV.

bToggleIntoIFPV - When you toggle perspective with key, instead of going to vanilla first person, activate IFPV.

fExtraRotationFromCamera - Ratio of how much extra rotation to add from camera.

fCameraViewOffsetHorizontal - Horizontal offset of camera from where character is facing. You can modify it as well

but it can have some weird effects when starting to move after.

fCameraViewOffsetVertical - Vertical offset of camera from where character is facing. 0 is current character's X rotation

and not horizon! If you look down and start to move then new 0 will be where you looked last, can be a bit confusing that way.

iUnused1 - Goes up to iUnused5, you can use these internally in your configuration (as condition and such).

bDisableVATS - You can disable VATS cinematic camera. Killmoves are still allowed to happen if VATS is disabled.

fExtraRotationMouse - Add extra rotation to camera from mouse movement alone even if camera wouldn't move. This is here only

for allowing looking around during killmove but you might be able to do something with this.

Game set (can't modify):

bWalking - Character is walking.

bRunning - Character is running.

bSwimming - Character is swimming.

bSprinting - Character is sprinting.

bWeaponOut - Character has weapon, fist or magic out.

bDead - Character is dead.

bKillMove - Character is in killmove.

sRace - Editor ID of character's race. For example "DarkElfRace".

bWereWolf - Character has "werewolf" in race editor ID.

bVampireLord - Character has "vampirebeast" in race editor ID.

bDialogue - Character is in dialogue.

bMounted - Character is mounted.

bSneaking - Character is sneaking.

bCrafting - Character has crafting menu open.

bSitting - Character is sitting.

bJumping - Character is jumping or falling.

bAimMagic - Character is aiming with magic (button is held).

bAimMagicLeft - Character is aiming with magic in left hand.

bAimMagicRight - Character is aiming with magic in right hand.

bAimBow - Character is aiming with a regular bow (button is held).

bAimCrossbow - Character is shooting a crossbow (button is held).

bAttackAnyHanded - Character is attacking with a weapon (button is held).

bAttackAnyHandedLeft - Character is attacking with a weapon in left hand.

bAttackAnyHandedRight - Character is attacking with a weapon in right hand.

bAttackOneHanded - Character is attacking with a one handed weapon.

bAttackOneHandedLeft - Character is attacking with a one handed weapon in left hand.

bAttackOneHandedRight - Character is attacking with a one handed weapon in right hand.

bAttackTwoHanded - Character is attacking with a two handed weapon.

iCameraState - Current camera state. (0 - first person;1 - auto vanity;2 - VATS;3 - free;4 - iron sights;5 - furniture;6 - transition;7 - tweenmenu;8 - third person 1;9 - third person 2;10 - horse;11 - bleedout;12 - dragon)

bMounting - Character has just started to mount.

bDismounting - Character has just started to dismount.

bIsInIFPV - Camera is currently in IFPV state (active and position is overwritten).

bIsActive - Camera is active from configuration. It is possible we are not overwriting camera position now.

bIsTargetOverwritten - Camera target is overwritten by us using AttachCamera command.

7. List of all conditions.

Most conditions will just be value checks. Following operators can be used in a condition:

==  equals

!=  not equals

>  greater

>=  greater or equal

<  less

<=  less or equal

&  contains (with string or collection)

~  not contains (with string or collection)

Examples:

(bSwimming==true)

(iCameraState==8)

(bSitting!=true)

(fFOV>90.5)

(sRace&"vampire")

There are also few more conditions:

Faction - character is in faction (rank >= 0), argument is form ID with mod index

(Faction&0x72834)

Perk - character has perk (rank >= 0), argument is form ID with mod index

(Perk&0xd8c33)

Keyword - character has keyword, argument is form ID with mod index OR string.

(Keyword&ActorTypeNPC)

WornHasKeyword - character is wearing equipment with given keyword.

MagicEffectKeyword - UNTESTED! (may crash game). Character has magic effect with keyword.

Value is form id with mod index or string.

8. List of all commands.

Below is a list of commands where < > means required argument and [ ] means optional argument.

set <value name> <value> - set value by name. e.g. set fFOV 90

modify <value name> <amount> - modify value by name. e.g. modify fFOV -10

reset <value name> - reset value to default by name (only works if we used !set at start or is

game value like FOV that can be read). e.g. reset fFOV

return <value name> - return value to what it was before entering profile. e.g. return fFOV

settween <value name> <value> <fTime> - set value by name over time (seconds). If value being set

is a float then it changes smoothly, if it's not then it changes after time period.

e.g. settween fFOV 90 1.5

modifytween <value name> <value> <fTime> - modify value by name over time. e.g. modifytween fFOV -10 1.5

resettween <value name> <fTime> - reset value by name over time. e.g. resettween fFOV 1.5

returntween <value name> <fTime> - return value by name over time e.g. returntween fFOV 1.5

enable - enable mod if it was disabled, does nothing otherwise.

disable - disable mod if it was enabled.

activate - activate IFP view if possible.

deactivate - deactivate IFP view.

gothirdperson - switch to third person mode if possible, this means in game, if IFP is activated then

it switches to IFP instead of third (since IFP overwrites third person camera).

gofirstperson - switch to vanilla first person mode if possible.

returnperson - switch to whatever view was active when we first entered this profile.

setprofile <profile name> [forced fTime] - set profile manually, this still checks conditions on profiles,

if fTime is zero (or no argument) then no forced time is set, profile could be left immediately if

automatic switch decides to do so. If negative then force this profile until further notice. If positive

then force this profile for that many seconds. e.g. setprofile "My sneak profile" 3

runprofile <profile name> - run commands of a profile without leaving current profile, this runs both activate

and deactivate commands in that order. e.g. runprofile "My sneak profile"

inhibit <profile name> <fTime> - inhibit a profile for fTime seconds, that means this profile is not allowed

to be selected until time runs out. e.g. inhibit "my sneak profile" 3

bindkey <virtual keycode> <modifiers> <profile name> [forced fTime] - bind setprofile command to a key event.

if you prefix keycode with + or no symbol then keydown event is used, if you prefix with - then keyup event

is used. modifiers: 0 - no modifiers, 1 - ctrl, 2 - shift, 3 - ctrl+shift, 4 - alt, 5 - ctrl+alt, 6 - shift+alt

7 - ctrl+shift+alt. only ONE bind can exist per event, for example F keydown event and F keyup event are

separate but if you bind F keydown again then the previous one will be removed and new one will overwrite it,

modifiers don't matter when checking for that. list of virtual keycodes can be found here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375731%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

e.g. bindkey 0x22 0 "My profile"  - bind page down to set "My profile" on key down.

It is allowed to bind a key that is already being used by game (or mouse button), then both actions will happen.

bindkey2 <virtual keycode> <modifiers> <profile name> [forced fTime] - same as previous but this one runs all

actions of a profile without switching to that profile.

unbindkey <virtual keycode> - unbind a previously bound key. Prefix with - to unbind keyup.

reload - reload configuration file.

skip - skip current profile from automatic check. means current profile will not be selected automatically even

if it has conditions. This is useful if you want to make conditional key bind but not have profile be selected

automatically.

disable - disable current profile from loading. it is just ignored like it wasn't there.

attachcamera - attach camera on current crosshair target (must have the name show up). if no valid target or

re-using on same target then detach camera and go back to player.

detachcamera - detach camera and return to player if it's attached somewhere by us.

rotatex <amount> [fTime] - rotate camera horizontally by some amount over fTime (0 by default).

rotatey <amount> [fTime] - rotate camera vertically by some amount over fTime (0 by default).

sendanimevent <event name> - send animation event to current actor. same as "SAE" console command.

nothing to do with first person itself, just added it so it's possible to bind animation to hotkey.

9. Example configuration with explanation (whole text file).

; This is a comment.

; Default profile is on top here without declaring any profile with []

; Default profile is selected if no other profile matches conditions.

; ! means command is run only on initialization once in default profile and this is the default value (for reset command)

; ! can only exist in default profile.

; + (or nothing) means command is run when entering profile

; - means command is run when leaving profile

; commands, values and profile names are not case sensitive

; set mod enabled, this should be true always.

!set bEnabled true

; set IFP view not activated by default

!set bActivated false

; bind Numpad8 to set "ReloadIFPV" profile on keydown. that profile is declared below

; Keycode IDs:

; https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375731%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

!bindkey 0x68 0 "ReloadIFPV"

; bind Numpad9 to set "ToggleIFPV" profile on keydown

!bindkey 0x69 0 "ToggleIFPV"

; set some default values

!set fPositionOffsetVertical 0

!set fPositionOffsetDepth 3

!set fRotationFromHead 0

!set bHeadtrack false

!set fRestrictAngleHorizontal 90

!set fRestrictAngleVertical 80

; Main profile is special profile that we can use to run commands when IFPV is activated

; and deactivated, no matter what profile actually is used.

[Main]

; set near clip to 0.01 when entering profile (which in Main means IFP view)

+set fNearClip 0.01

; reset near clip to default when leaving profile (which in Main means IFP view)

-reset fNearClip

+set bHeadtrack true

-set bHeadtrack false

; Profiles are selected from top to bottom, whichever first satisfies all conditions

; Profiles without any conditions are never selected but can be entered through command or keybind

[ToggleIFPV]

; Third person must be enabled or we can't overwrite camera

GoThirdPerson

; modify bActivated by 1 (boolean is 1 or 0 which just toggles it).

modify bActivated true

[ReloadIFPV]

; reload configuration file

reload

[Mounting]

; This profile is automatically selected if bMounting equals true!

; bMounting means we just started to mount, not that we are currently mounted.

(bMounting==true)

; Set rotation from head to 1.0 over 0.2 seconds

; Return rotation from head to what it was before over 0.2 seconds

-returntween fRotationFromhead 0.2

[sittingChange]

; this profile is automatically selected if bMounting isn't true and iCameraState equals 5

; bMounting isn't true because if if its true this profile isn't even considered since it's

; later than Mounting profile (priority is from top to bottom).

(iCameraState==5)

; We want only rotation from head during sit down animation because otherwise we get bad angle

[Mounted]

; This profile is selected if we are mounted and no previous profiles were selected.

(bMounted==true)

; Set restrict angle over 0.2 seconds otherwise if outside of restrict the camera would jump

; and we don't want that.

+settween fRestrictAngleHorizontal 70 0.2

+settween fRestrictAngleVertical 40 0.2

; Return restrict angle to what it was before over 0.2 seconds

-returntween fRestrictAngleHorizontal 0.2

-returntween fRestrictAngleVertical 0.2

Also this Faq:

Here are some common problems, some of them can be fixed.

IMPORTANT! -> Fixes require you to edit configuration. Open the configuration file in Data/SKSE/Plugins/FirstPersonPlugin.txt, if your game was running while you edited then you can reload it with Numpad 8 or by restarting game.

How to completely disable IFPV from activating automatically

You may find yourself in a situation where you want to use some of the features of the mod but don't want the actual first person camera overwrite. To disable this find "bZoomIntoIFPV" in the configuration file, then change:

!set bZoomIntoIFPV true

!set bToggleIntoIFPV true

to

!set bZoomIntoIFPV false

!set bToggleIntoIFPV false

That's all.

Mountain textures flicker (version 3.3 or lower)

Search for the line {Main}. Under it is this:

+set fNearClip 7.0

Try increasing it slightly until flicker goes away, for example 9. It will make very nearby objects clipped a bit more! If you are using helmet cam there's not much you can do because the helmet would disappear if you increase it in its profile.

When I look down or up past 45 degrees the colors change (version 3.4 or higher)

This is caused by ENB when changing fNearClip value. Open configuration and search {Main} under it is this:

;+set fNearClip 7.0

;-return fNearClip

change it to this (remove the ; too):

+set fNearClip 10

-return fNearClip

Downside: distant mountain flicker

then go up a bit you will find two profiles named AdjustNearClipDown45 and AdjustNearClipUp45, change from:

+set fNearClip 5.0

to

+set fNearClip 6

Downside: you may see your body clipping

If it's still too noticable then you will have to ask your ENB author or make the values slightly more similar.

Camera shakes too much

It is already set to minimum amount of head bob. I don't know how else to make it better. sad.gif

Can see character face while running backwards

You have installed 360 animations and they are not supported by my mod.

Can't see wielded weapons

No fix. This is because of how character holds weapon, go to third person camera and see where your character eyes are and then see where the weapons are. Camera is in eyes.

Hard to aim bows

You have two options:

1. Use an animation replacer that changes bow aiming animation.

2. Go to configuration file, search BowAimingInVanillaFirstPerson, few lines below it is disable, remove this line. Now bow aiming is in vanilla first person.

Camera position is bad for my race or helmet

1. (Normal race) Find !set fPositionOffsetHorizontal 0 in configuration, these three settings modify the position offset of camera. Horizontal is left or right, Vertical is down or up, Depth is backwards or forward. Change the numbers to your liking.

2. (Werewolf) Find WerewolfForm in configuration, change the value where it says 10 to your liking.

3. (Vampire Lord) Find VampireLord in configuration, change the value where it says 10 to your liking.

If you want to change vertical position for werewolf or vampire lord then add these two lines there:

+set fPositionOffsetVertical 0

-return fPositionOffsetVertical

and instead of 0 you can put what you want.

4. (Helmet cam) Find HelmetCam in configuration, under it change the offsets.

Can't look left or right after some angle

This is intentional, otherwise you would end up looking your character in face. You can enable turning character after a certain angle has been reached. To do this open configuration and search LeftTurn and few lines below it is disable, remove this line. Then also search for RightTurn and do the same.

Can't go into vanilla first person anymore

My mod overwrites vanilla first person by default, but you can also set up a custom hotkey for my mod, so that you can have all three views possible. To do this open configuration and find !bindkey 0x69 in configuration. Remove the ; character before that line. Then find !set bZoomIntoIFPV true and set this to false instead of true. Below it is another line for toggling, set that to false as well. 0x69 is numpad 9. You can find a list of keys here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375731%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

After uninstalling, character looks into one specific spot all the time OR bow positioning is messed up

Reinstall mod, go into my mod's first person view at least once, then exit my mod's first person view. Save game and uninstall again.

After loading game, character looks into one specific spot all the time or head tracks weirdly

Go into my mod's first person view and exit my mod's first person view.

How to disable head tracking?

Find {Main} in configuration and under it is this line:

+set bHeadtrack true

Change true to false.

How to enable crosshair head tracking in third person view?

Find line "!set bHeadtrack false" then set true instead of false.

How to go vanilla first person when I take any weapon, magic or fists out?

Search for CombatInVanillaFirstPerson, under it is a line with "disable". Remove that line.

After uninstalling things are bad overall with first person view (camera in clouds, camera on horse feet, bow aiming goes extra far, camera is bouncing around, ...)

Make sure the DLL file from Data/SKSE/Plugins/FirstPersonPlugin.dll got removed properly. Make sure you are not using Joy of perspective skeleton. Make sure you were not in my mod's first person view on that save game when you uninstalled.

After uninstalling mod and Skyrim and formatting HDD and buying new computer and burning the old one things are still bad.

Mod has found a way to transcend space and time and will haunt you forever.

I want the MCM back, or other reasons that the mod sucks now.

I rewrote the mod in version 2.0 and up from scratch. I didn't add back the MCM because it was too much work for me to do and I don't have time to do it, if you are a modder and want to do it send me PM. For others, you can use version 1.9 in the files section, that version still has MCM.

Please don't send me PMs about problems you have with my mod. Post them here instead so others can see solutions as well. If I don't respond then I don't know the answer to your problem or it has been answered in this FAQ. Thanks for reading.

Here is my own configuration;

I have the IFPV camera to toggle when I press "R"(I changed Skyrim's camera/set favorite key to "Y"), the "Z" key is set to attach IFPV camera to target (I forget if Skyrim uses the "Z" key for something but if it does you should unbind it if you use my ini). Also the body disapearing issue should be fixed, I hope it helps.

; Comments start with ; or # character on a new line, these lines are ignored

; See the read-me at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49036/? or in

; downloaded mod archive for documentation on how to configure

; Keycode IDs:

; numpad 8 reloads, uncomment to bind numpad9 to toggle view and numpad 7 to attach camera on crosshair target

;!bindkey 0x68 0 "ReloadIFPV"

!bindkey 0x52 0 "ToggleIFPV"

!bindkey 0x5A 0 "AttachIFPV"

;!bindkey2 0x65 0 "ToggleHeadTrack"

;!bindkey 0x67 0 "ToggleHead"

;!bindkey 0x64 0 "ToggleHelmetCamOn"

; Uncomment these two to allow free looking while numpad 6 is held (character doesn't turn to crosshair)

;!bindkey2 0x66 0 "TurnFreeLookOn"

;!bindkey2 -0x66 0 "TurnFreeLookOff"

; Camera position offsets from eyes center in game units. If you are using beast race then scroll down for offsets.

!set fPositionOffsetVertical 2

!set fPositionOffsetDepth 1

; How much rotation is applied from head. 1 means camera direction equals head rotation, 0 means camera direction

; equals look direction. 0.5 would be the middle.

!set fRotationFromHead 0

; Restrict view angle so you can't look yourself in the eye.

!set fRestrictAngleHorizontal 110

!set fRestrictAngleVertical 100

; set both false if you don't want to overwrite vanilla FP, you could instead use then custom keybind

!set bZoomIntoIFPV false

!set bToggleIntoIFPV false

; Set true to allow head tracking crosshair in third person view.

!set bHeadtrack false

; Some internal values. Ignore these.

!set fExtraRotationFromCamera 0

!set fUpdateProfileInterval 0.5

!set fTweenLength 0.2

!set iDebug 0

!set bEnabled true

!set bActivated false

!set iUnused1 0

!set iUnused2 0

!set iUnused3 0

!set iFaceCrosshair 0

!set bHideHead false

!set bHideHelmet false

!set bArrowCamera false

!set iIgnoreWorldCollision 0

; Profiles that use "disable" command are not loaded

; Normal profiles

[ToggleIFPV]

+GoThirdPerson

[ReloadIFPV]

+reload

disable

[AttachIFPV]

; Attach camera to crosshair target so you can see through their eyes, you don't gain control of them

+AttachCamera

[TurnFreeLookOn]

+setnooverride iUnused1 1

disable

[TurnFreeLookOff]

+setnooverride iUnused1 0

disable

[ToggleHeadTrack]

+modifynooverride bHeadtrack true

disable

[ToggleHead]

+modifynooverride bHidehead true

disable

[ToggleHelmetCamOn]

+setnooverride iUnused3 1

-bindkey 0x64 0 "ToggleHelmetCamOff"

disable

[ToggleHelmetCamOff]

+setnooverride iUnused3 0

-bindkey 0x64 0 "ToggleHelmetCamOn"

disable

{Sneaking}

(bSneaking==true)

(bIsActive==true)

+set bHeadtrack false

-return bHeadtrack

;disable

{ArrowCam}

(bIsActive==true)

(bIsCameraOnArrow==true)

+set fNearClip 5

+set fRotationFromHead 0.991

+set fPositionOffsetDepth 8

+set fPositionOffsetHorizontal 0

+set fPositionOffsetVertical 3

+set fRestrictAngleHorizontal 180

+set fRestrictAngleVertical 180

+set fExtraRotationFromCamera 0.95

+set fTimescale 0.2

+set iIgnoreWorldCollision 1

-return fRotationFromHead

-return fPositionOffsetDepth

-return fPositionOffsetHorizontal

-return fTimescale

-return iIgnoreWorldCollision

-return fRestrictAngleHorizontal

-return fRestrictAngleVertical

-return fExtraRotationFromCamera

-return fNearClip

disable

{SLProfile}

(bIsActive==true)

(Keyword&SexLabActive)

+set fRotationFromHead 1

+set fExtraRotationFromCamera 1

-return fExtraRotationFromCamera

+set bHeadtrack false

-return bHeadtrack

+set fNearClip 1

-return fNearClip

+set fPositionOffsetVertical -2

+set fPositionOffsetDepth 4

;disable

; Used in the toggle free look hotkey.

{FreeLook}

(iUnused1==1)

+set iFaceCrosshair -1

-return iFaceCrosshair

disable

; Disable IFPV during VATS.

{Cinematic3rdPersonCam}

(iCameraState==2)

+set bActivated false

-return bActivated

disable

{AllowLookDuringKillmove}

(bKillMove==true)

(bIsActive==true)

+set fExtraRotationMouse 1.3

-return fExtraRotationMouse

; This profile has been found to cause problems. So it's disabled.

disable

; This is for furniture used during crafting.

{CraftingFurniture}

(iUnused2==1)

(bIsActive==true)

+set fRotationFromHead 1

+set bHeadtrack false

-return bHeadtrack

+set fNearClip 4

-return fNearClip

;disable

; These are used to trigger crafting furniture profile. This might not work on non-english localized Skyrim!

{AlchemyFurniture}

(sFurniture&alchemy)

+set iUnused2 1

-return iUnused2

;disable

{EnchantingFurniture}

(sFurniture&enchanter)

+set iUnused2 1

-return iUnused2

;disable

{ForgeFurniture}

(sFurniture&forge)

+set iUnused2 1

-return iUnused2

;disable

{CookingFurniture}

(sFurniture&cooking)

+set iUnused2 1

-return iUnused2

;disable

{GrindstoneFurniture}

(sFurniture&grind)

+set iUnused2 1

-return iUnused2

;disable

{SmelterFurniture}

(sFurniture&smelter)

+set iUnused2 1

-return iUnused2

;disable

{SkinningFurniture}

(sFurniture&tanning)

+set iUnused2 1

-return iUnused2

;disable

{WorkbenchFurniture}

(sFurniture&workbench)

+set iUnused2 1

-return iUnused2

;disable

{AnvilFurniture}

(sFurniture&anvil)

+set iUnused2 1

-return iUnused2

;disable

; Turns character when you reach certain angle in free look mode, disabled by default

{LeftTurn}

; 1.2217 rad = 70 deg

(fCameraViewOffsetHorizontal<-1.2217)

(bMounted==false)

(bIsActive==true)

+set iFaceCrosshair 2

-return iFaceCrosshair

; Remove the line "disable" to enable auto-turn character when looking left past certain degree

disable

; Turns character when you reach certain angle in free look mode, disabled by default

{RightTurn}

(fCameraViewOffsetHorizontal>1.2217)

(bMounted==false)

(bIsActive==true)

+set iFaceCrosshair 2

-return iFaceCrosshair

; Remove the line "disable" to enable auto-turn character when looking right past certain degree

disable

; Change camera position a bit during vampire lord

{VampireLord}

(bVampireLord==true)

(bIsActive==true)

+set fPositionOffsetDepth 10

; Change camera position a bit during werewolf

{WerewolfForm}

(bWereWolf==true)

(bIsActive==true)

+set fPositionOffsetDepth 10

{Mounting}

(bMounting==true)

(bIsActive==true)

+set fNearClip 3

-return fNearClip

disable

{Dismounting}

(bDismounting==true)

(bIsActive==true)

+set fNearClip 3

-return fNearClip

disable

{CombatInVanillaFirstPerson}

(bWeaponOut==true)

(bIsActive==true)

+GoFirstPerson

-GoThirdPerson

; Remove the "disable" on next line to make all combat in vanilla first person view.

disable

{SittingChange}

(iCameraState==5)

(bIsActive==true)

+set bHeadtrack false

-return bHeadtrack

+set fRotationFromHead 1

;disable

{CraftingChange}

(iCameraState==8)

(bIsActive==true)

+set bHeadtrack false

-return bHeadtrack

+set fRotationFromHead 1

;disable

{TransitionCam}

(iCameraState==6)

(bIsActive==true)

+set bHeadtrack false

-return bHeadtrack

+set fRotationFromHead 1

;disable

{BleedoutCam}

(iCameraState==11)

(bIsActive==true)

+set bHeadtrack false

-return bHeadtrack

+set fRotationFromHead 1

;disable

{BowAimingInVanillaFirstPerson}

(bAimBow==true)

(bIsActive==true)

+GoFirstPerson

-GoThirdPerson

; Remove "disable" to automatically switch to vanilla FP during bow aim

disable

; Bow aiming profile. Disable head tracking because it will mess up everything.

{BowAiming}

(bAimBow==true)

(bIsActive==true)

+set bHeadtrack false

-return bHeadtrack

+set fRotationFromHead 0

;disable

; Mounted horse profile, restrict camera angle a bit more.

{Mounted}

(bMounted==true)

(bIsActive==true)

+set fRestrictAngleHorizontal 90

+set fRestrictAngleVertical 60

+set fPositionOffsetVertical 0

+set fPositionOffsetDepth 0

-return fRestrictAngleHorizontal

-return fRestrictAngleVertical

;disable

; Profile for if user has enabled helmet cam (see their hat).

{HelmetCam}

(iUnused3==1)

(bIsActive==true)

+set fPositionOffsetHorizontal 0

+set fPositionOffsetVertical -1

+set fPositionOffsetDepth -5

+set fNearClip 1.0

+set bHideHead true

+set bHideHelmet false

-return fPositionOffsetHorizontal

-return fNearClip

-return bHideHead

-return bHideHelmet

disable

; Beast race offsets for khajiit. Move camera forward and up a bit.

{BeastRaceKhajiit}

(sRace&khajiit)

(bIsInIFPV==true)

+set fPositionOffsetDepth 5

+set fPositionOffsetVertical 1

; This profile is not necessary since head can be hidden reliably.

disable

; Beast race offsets for argonian. Move camera forward and up a bit.

{BeastRaceArgonian}

(sRace&argonia)

(bIsInIFPV==true)

+set fPositionOffsetDepth 5

+set fPositionOffsetVertical 1

; This profile is not necessary since head can be hidden reliably.

disable

; Automatically adjust near clip when looking down past 45 degree angle.

{AdjustNearClipDown45}

(bIsInIFPV==true)

(fLookDirX<-0.8)

+set fNearClip 5.0

-return fNearClip

; Automatically adjust near clip when looking up past 45 degree angle.

{AdjustNearClipUp45}

(bIsInIFPV==true)

(fLookDirX>0.8)

+set fNearClip 5.0

-return fNearClip

; Automatically set near clip 8 indoors (15 is default).

{AdjustNearClipIndoors}

(bIsInIFPV==true)

(bIndoors==true)

+set fNearClip 8.0

-return fNearClip

; Main IFPV configuration that isn't overrided by other profiles.

{Main}

(bIsInIFPV==true)

; Set near clip to larger value to fix mountain flicker or lower value to reduce clipping nearby objects.

; These are now disabled here because separate profile controls based on angle.

;+set fNearClip 7.0

;-return fNearClip

; Set in next line true to false, to not allow head tracking crosshair

+set bHeadtrack true

-return bHeadtrack

; Set next line from true to false to allow third person cinematic killmoves while in IFPV.

+set bDisableVATS true

-return bDisableVATS

; Set character turns to crosshair or not.

; 0 = let game decide (normal behavior)

; 1 = always turn like weapon is drawn

; -1 = force not turning character ever

; -2 = character doesn't auto-turn when weapons are out but still turns if you move or attack

;      (can be good to fix "wobble" during weapon out turning)

+set iFaceCrosshair -2

-return iFaceCrosshair

+set bHideHead false

-return bHideHead

; Set true instead of false on next line if you want to hide helmet by default. This was causing a bug sometimes where whole body disappears so it's disabled.

+set bHideHelmet false

-return bHideHelmet

; Overwrite default up down limit in radians. pi / 2 is 90 degrees. This is set so we can exceed 90 angle limit with fRestrictAngleVertical

+set fUpDownLimit 2.0

-return fUpDownLimit

FirstPersonPlugin.txt

You can't edit files while skyrim is open, whether windows mode is toggled or not. Don't you know how programs work? You can't edit program files while the program is still running.

You can exit text files and hit the reload button, why do you think it has a reload option? How about you go try it and then come back and apologize.

Edit: Just to follow up on this, did you know that you can replace meshes and textures while the game is running and then reequip the item to update it? Amazing what you can do while Skyrim is running.

You sure can.

Here is my own configuration;

Finally know what syntax the mod was expecting.  Thanks.

Latest conundrum I'm dealing with is the clipping.  I did, at one point, manage to get the clipping to be basically non-existent, i.e. an NPC's body was literally taking up the entire FOV but not clipping at all.  That's what I'm after.  But for whatever reason, I can't get this to happen again, despite plugging in the same exact data.  fNearClip to 0.001, everywhere.  Like it's being ignored.

Edit: The issue was Enhanced Camera, which I am using simultaneously.  It seems that said mod's overrides take ultimate priority.

I am using an older version of this, the version number escapes me at this moment but it is post MCM deletion. 

I haven't touched it in ages, but I also use Enhanced Camera to allow for 3rd Person Animations whilst in First but to use 1st person animations again when using a bow. 

IFPV only came into effect when I was in first person camera and Sexlab running, then to have to check the conditions and turn itself back off when scene was over. 

I can upload it later if anyone is interested. 

Was wondering whether any one has tried this with OSA? 

Was wondering whether any one has tried this with OSA? 

OSA is actually the reason I started investigating my options in the first place.  The only times I need IFPV are during Sexlab and 0sex, and since the latter provides absolutely no detection hooks, a hotkey is the only way to get what I want out of it.  As far as that goes, it works fine.

IFPV itself has one distinct advantage over Enhanced Camera: FloppySOS for the player actually works.  Enhanced Camera ignores the floppification and just shows whatever the SOS state happens to be.  IFPV's main disadvantage - arguably not even its fault - is that it literally works as intended, which means in particular that when you start moving in a certain direction, you do not get an instantaneous response.  Instead you get a duality of delays: The multi-frame latency before the new animation kicks in, and a perceptible additional lag stemming from the fact that a given animation generally takes a split second to accelerate from nil.  The result is like playing Skyrim on OnLive or the Sony equivalent, with a 300ms ping.  That's why it's a good thing that with enough tinkering, IFPV can be made to coexist with EC.

I have incidentally discovered that conflicts between Mfgconsole functions and mods that fiddle with the player's head - especially IFPV during and soon after its transitions, evidently - can cause CTDs and C++ runtime lockups.  (Disabling bHideHead lessened but did not eliminate the phenomenon.)  Mfgconsole functions would be what one uses to make changes to a character's facial expression.  So while there aren't many mods out there that mess with such things, I happen to use one that does, so I was constantly running into CTD issues when utilizing my IFPV hotkey.  My not-yet-thoroughly-tested solution was to set IFPV up to turn itself off both with the hotkey toggle and when Sexlab is no longer active after having been so.  This should eliminate scenarios where IFPV is transitioning at the same time the player's expression is being changed.