Thanks for the script free version of a great mod, can't wait to mess around with the config settings -- maybe get fpv to trigger and line up when knocking an arrow, with Scoped Bows. (if only Player Head Tracking were a dll, integrating with the newest version (hint, wink, wink) -- surreal seeing through the pc's eyes looking back and forth between two people in conversation, also a great way to follow angry mob at your heals, while in fpv.

thanks again.  

edit, just found tutorial on nexus "posts", very helpful ; )

edit, edit, holy shiat bro, I just turned on bHeadtracking (with no other head tracking mod enabled), -awesome- not sure if it will break things, but the older nexus mods for head tracking have never worked well. Going to run around crazy and see if there's a reason not to have it enabled forever.. Being able to cursor track *and* auto-head track is the holy grail. 

dll head tracking will be a huge improvement over current solutions, if it's possible. 

Head tracking crosshair should work fine always, even if you're not in IFPV. Don't know what you mean by head tracking dll.

I probably understand it wrong, I was thinking an skse app/plugin that uses vanilla assets rather than requiring custom scripts. So, your pc's point of focus use vanilla scripts, those used by npc for auto-head-tracking points-of-interest. Whatever npc use to look at you and talk to you, applies to your pc's point of interest. Example, player would head-track crosshair while standing still, sitting, etc, but when crosshair becomes inactive, or in dialogue, or running/walking auto-tracking activates. With no weapon drawn and moving auto-tracking point-of-interest activates so your character looks around rather than following the crosshair -- tapping "use" key (e) reactivates crosshair tracking for a short while (it could also be used to shift poi, similar to cycling through targets).  

I was able to partly do this with previous version of IFPV and Player Head Tracking. So, when in fpv the pc's point of focus was semi-intelligent, looking at npc, dogs, things in the environment. Was pretty immersive, but for some unfathomable reason the Player Head Tracking would choke, stop working or just stick on an arbitrary poi. I've been following PHT for a few years, but mod has never functioned consistently. 

... maybe this is just an insolvent problem. Perhaps using NPC assets means the pc is always trying to look (PHT) at themselves mostly, rather than the external environment -- narcissistic tendency in the script..  Is cool to see Wither 3 head tracking (3pv) while 'in' combat. Would be pretty awesome to have this working for IFPV for both combat or SL animations. Auto-Head-Track or Crosshair-Head-Track the nearest hostile, or lover. Tracking aligns body aspect when using an attacks, ect, (right/left mouse buttons), orienting attack in the direction pc is looking.

Also, another cool trick when using old IFPV was setting FoV to shift way out while sprinting in either fpv or 3pv -- giving a sense of awareness, a hypersensitive distortion, was a really cool feature, may try to get it working with newest version of IFPV.  

To admit, I was using v1.9 beta and just updated recently to 2.5 which ended up in one hell of a mess. First off, I'm using Mod Organizer and both the dll and config file are in the same folder: Data/SKSE/Plugins.

But the problems now:

- ingame, I can't see my PC's body anymore

- pressing F or scrolling back won't zoom out to 3rd person, it only changes between IFP and vanilla FP.

- changing anything in the config file, such as fNearClip has no effect ingame

- pressing NUM7, 8, 9 has no effect ingame

In 1.9 beta, changing anything such as FOV, near distance etc. has no effect when I attach the camera to a NPC, only when it's on my PC.

I hope someone can help me out with this misery...

I had the exact problem. Try checking for this file:

Mod Organizer\overwrite\SKSE\Plugins\FirstPersonPlugin.txt

If it's there, rename it to something else. I think it's the old versions' back-up settings, and MO will try to use it instead of the one that comes with this mod.

I have a problem. every time I mount a horse my camera is underneath them. 

Like half in the ground, I've tried mucking around with camera angles, tfc, etc. I don't have any other first person mods installed. 

Nevermind, fixed this. 

TJOP likes to leave its aids behind

Use these, changing them to whatever key you want, to adjust the camera up down back and forward mid-animation. You can probably figure out how to handle the side to side adjustments.

!bindkey2 0x67 0 "MoveCamUp"
!bindkey2 0x64 0 "MoveCamDown"
!bindkey2 0x66 0 "MoveCamBack"
!bindkey2 0x65 0 "MoveCamForward"

[MoveCamBack]
+modifytween fPositionOffsetDepth -10 0.4

[MoveCamForward]
+modifytween fPositionOffsetDepth +10 0.4

[MoveCamUp]
+modifytween fPositionOffsetVertical +10 0.4

[MoveCamDown]
+modifytween fPositionOffsetVertical -10 0.4

In case this was buried in the thread, you can then use this mod to make parts of your body invisible. It's a better way to handle this than shrinking the head, as it uses equipment pieces that make that body part disappear. A good way to get that torso out of the way for some of the bendy animations in first person.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24808/

Then in SexLabUtil, you can setup an extra command to automatically equip them when an animation starts. For example, the .ini I use:

[Main]
Name=Equip Invisible Body Parts (Head and Torso)
Page=0
Type=cmd
Id=802
Cmd=equip:Invisible Body Parts.esp:3c000d62+equip:Invisible Body Parts.esp:3c000d64
CmdEnd=unequip:Invisible Body Parts.esp:3c000d62+unequip:Invisible Body Parts.esp:3c000d64
  • 2 weeks later...

So say I wanted this mod to only activate in in sexlab scenes, where I would then want it to fully replace the first person view including both zoom and toggle in from 3rd. But otherwise the mod is completely disabled in normal gameplay in favor of Enhanced Camera's first person view.

In otherwords: Normal Gaming: Enhanced Camera w/ third person toggle, Sexlab Scenes: Immersive First Person View also w/ third person toggle.

I've tried disabling the global ! *IntoIFPV variables and adding a second set of them as +/- versions in the sexlab session, but it just leaves the mod disabled all the time unless I manually use the toggle bind. So then I tried this 'enable everything' version and still nada unless I manually use the toggle bind.

[SLProfile]
(bIsActive==true)
(Keyword&SexLabActive)
+set bActivated true
-return bActivated
+set bActivated2 true
-return bActivated2
+set bZoomIntoIFPV true
-return bZoomIntoIFPV
+set bToggleIntoIFPV true
-return bToggleIntoIFPV
+settween fRotationFromHead 1 0.2
-returntween fRotationFromHead 0.2
+settween fExtraRotationFromCamera 1 0.2
-returntween fExtraRotationFromCamera 0.2
+modifytween fPositionOffsetDepth 2 0.2
-modifytween fPositionOffsetDepth -2 0.2
+set bHeadtrack2 false
-return bHeadtrack2
+set fNearClip2 0.001
-return fNearClip2

What would be the proper script logic for this?

Remove the two checks:

(bIsActive==true)
(Keyword&SexLabActive)

Those are checked before anything in the profile is run, so your set bActivated never runs. I'm not sure if you can just place those checks under the activation code. But since the SL profile is the thing that's activating IFP, you kind of don't need the checks to see if it's active.

If you remove those two then the profile is never selected at all. What you have to do is this:

1. Change both "*IntoIFPV" to false in that one place.

2. Return SL profile to default how it was in the original configuration.

3. Add this two profiles BELOW SL profile

[SLProfile2]
(Keyword&SexLabActive)
+set bZoomIntoIFPV true
+set bToggleIntoIFPV true
[SLProfile3]
(Keyword~SexLabActive)
+set bZoomIntoIFPV false
+set bToggleIntoIFPV false
+set bActivated false

Now SL profile is only selected if mod is active (toggled on) and SL keyword is set on player. Next it checks profile SLProfile2 this is selected if player has SL keyword (doesn't matter if mod is toggled on). And last profile is selected if player doesn't have SL keyword (doesn't matter if mod is toggled on).

So default:

Can't toggle or zoom into IFPV.

SL animation:

Can toggle or zoom into IFPV.

End of SL animation.

Disable view if it was enabled and can't toggle or zoom into IFPV.

I didn't test this! Try it out and report here if problems.

Yep that definitely works!

Occasionally there's a small delay in switching from IFPV to 3rd (have to press my switch camera bind more than once sometimes), but could very well just be script lag on my part. Extremely small thing to live with anyway.

Thanks for the support.

Hi. I can't get this to work. I had the previous version with mcm and it worked but this just wont.

It's installed with MO, I have skse 1.07.02 and I followed the instructions of the config file but it refuses. When I press numpad 9 to activate, for a 1/10 of a second, I can see my chest and then it goes to 3rd person. No matter how many times I try it goes to 3rd person. Anyone got any ideas?

Pasting my config file. If anyone could take a look I'd be grateful.

FirstPersonPlugin.txt

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if anyone else has this problem too,but first person aiming with a crossbow is quite a mess if aiming upwards,,,the crossbow goes at least 20° higher than the crosshair,and it only goes worse the higher you aim,shooting a dragon for example equals having your crossbow in your face

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble getting the faction condition test to work. For any faction I pick, it seems to always choose the same result if I am in the faction or not. Some factions it always returns true and others it always returns false. As a test, I took the example for a faction condition from the readme and made a simple profile:

[Blades]
(bIsActive==true)
(Faction&0x72834)
+set bHeadtrack2 false
-return bHeadtrack2

Even though my character had a faction rank of -2, it switched to this profile. I played around with changing the faction rank in the console from -2 to 0 to 1 and then back to -2 and it stayed in that profile the whole time. What am I missing?