I lost some of my settings when I upgraded to 3.3. I recovered most of them except one - how can I go about increasing the vertical angle of view so I can see more than just tip of my boots when I look down?

Edit: Found it.. I was expecting the setting to be in the [Main] section of the profile.. I found it at the start of the preference file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Great work H38, thank you :D One tech support question, if I may: I figured out today how to change the skyrim and skyrimpref ini files in mod organizer, which finally allowed my game to run properly without crashing. However, now arrows are no longer working properly. They shoot from over my head and don't go to the cursor. I have the IFPV text file showing that I want it to be vanilla shooting, but it is having no affect. Any ideas as to what settings may be affecting it? I'd post my load order, but I have no idea how to export it in MO.

Could someone please explain which of these files I'm supposed to download?

I'm assuming "FirstPersonPlugin 3_3.zip" is the latest version of the actual mod, and the "firstpersonv0.zip" files are different profile settings? If so, which of the 19 versions do I need? Which one has the settings for SL animations?

Also, I'm using Mod Organizer, so should I just give them the same name and merge them? 

Thanks!

I'm assuming "FirstPersonPlugin 3_3.zip" is the actual mod, and that 3_3 is the latest version. But what's the "firstpersonv0.zip", and which of the 19 versions do I need? 

I'm using Mod Organizer, so should I just give them the same name and merge them? 

Thanks!

02-19 are older versions which had a MCM menu, versions 2_0 and onwards are different (namely no mcm menu, you have to change things in a file in the mod).

Either grab 19 if you want the last version with a MCM menu or 3_3 if you want the newest version with the most features.

I'm assuming "FirstPersonPlugin 3_3.zip" is the actual mod, and that 3_3 is the latest version. But what's the "firstpersonv0.zip", and which of the 19 versions do I need? 

I'm using Mod Organizer, so should I just give them the same name and merge them? 

Thanks!

02-19 are older versions which had a MCM menu, versions 2_0 and onwards are different (namely no mcm menu, you have to change things in a file in the mod).

Either grab 19 if you want the last version with a MCM menu or 3_3 if you want the newest version with the most features.

Thanks so much! So if I install the 3_3 version only, will it include the profile for SL animations by default?

Thanks so much! So if I install the 3_3 version only, will it include the profile for SL animations by default?

Yes, though you might need to give it a few tweaks to suit your needs.
Wow! The new 3_3 version is PERFECT with SL animations. I wouldn't change a thing! Outside the animations is another issue. Without the menu, how do I eliminate head bobbing, and horizontal look restrictions? I know it's in the .txt file, but I can't make sense of anything inside.

EDIT: Never mind. I found a configuration guide here...http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49036/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D49036%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D1281377&pUp=1

• 2 weeks later...

I did what the install instructions said now when I launch the skse loader I just get a black screen and nothing. I have to alt tab and close skyrim with task manager after. I don't see any of the intro logos nor the loading screen, it just stays black.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to update but now the mod doesn't work, I click F nothing happen, scroll wheel too.

The mod is installed by NMM and the plugin active.

Even vanilla first person view doesn't work.

Save cleaned, I have no idea what's wrong.

EDIT:

Nevermind, all I had to do was wait in game, it was just initializing for like 20 minutes. It took so long.

• 2 weeks later...

How can I change the default "F" key to "C" for IFP, but also keep the "F" for vanilla? After one hour of setting stuff in configuration false/true and try to add 0x43, I give up.

Edit: oh I use 3.3.

Edit2: nobody knows ?

Edited by doisitrey
  • 2 weeks later...

I used this before the 3.0 update, just redownloaded it for a new installation, and I'm staring at this .txt file wondering "Why." Why. Why in the world would you remove the MCM? This is the same crap that kept me from modding Oblivion further than skin deep.

I feel I need to elaborate. It was nice being able to adjust the camera's position without having to close the game, adjust some numeric values in a .txt file that have no immediate and obvious effect, open the game again, wait through logos and loading screens, and then immediately discover I overcorrected, forcing me to jump through each hoop again. The old MCM didn't make me do this. Why do I have to do this now? Seems like a step back -- this was much easier to install and configure before.

try reading next time. u dont need to exit the game to redo the xml. there is a refresh button. if u still want a mcm get the older 1.9 vversion thats last that had a mcm.

stop being a ass as it is his mod so his choice if he decides if he dont want to use a mcm

First off, I love this mod. Thank you!

I'm having one minor issue with it, which is that every second time I go into first person view, my body disappears. If I zoom out to third person view, and then back into first person, my body is there again. It alternates.

I don't think it's a helmet cam issue, because in my firstpersonplugin txt file it says +set bHideHelmet false.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

First of all best FP mod ever!

1. Is it possible to override vanila headtracking? direct control head bone may be

2. Is is possible to check current sexlab animation tag, for example BJ animations disable head bone controlled by player, but others not.

I was wondering if there is way to make archery show your arms when aiming in first person right now when aiming i cannot see the bow or arms so it is making it difficult to use a bow in first person.

Was wondering if there is an option to only have immersive visible when walking and sexlab integrating but disabled during combat so you can actually see what you are aiming at.

Also sometimes switching from 3rd person to 1st person my skyrim becomes slow and the onyl fix is a restart. Anyne know what causes that ??

If you remove those two then the profile is never selected at all. What you have to do is this:

1. Change both "*IntoIFPV" to false in that one place.

2. Return SL profile to default how it was in the original configuration.

3. Add this two profiles BELOW SL profile

[SLProfile2]
(Keyword&SexLabActive)
+set bZoomIntoIFPV true
+set bToggleIntoIFPV true
[SLProfile3]
(Keyword~SexLabActive)
+set bZoomIntoIFPV false
+set bToggleIntoIFPV false
+set bActivated false

Now SL profile is only selected if mod is active (toggled on) and SL keyword is set on player. Next it checks profile SLProfile2 this is selected if player has SL keyword (doesn't matter if mod is toggled on). And last profile is selected if player doesn't have SL keyword (doesn't matter if mod is toggled on).

So default:

Can't toggle or zoom into IFPV.

SL animation:

Can toggle or zoom into IFPV.

End of SL animation.

Disable view if it was enabled and can't toggle or zoom into IFPV.

I didn't test this! Try it out and report here if problems.

The scripting changes in the 2.8+ update seem to have broken this. I've been fiddling with it some but I can't quite seem to get the state changes to work right. It seems that the '+set bActivated false' is applying constantly, even while in the SL2 state where I become stuck in 3rd person with IFPV unable to be entered. Removing the activated=false line allows the toggle to work perfectly while in SL2, but then the zooms and toggles don't seem to turn off again afterwards when returning to SL3.. which previously was the always active one. I'm assuming the problem is something to do with the exclusive vs non exclusive profiles, but the little bit of experimentation I did there didn't too lend much luck either.

I suppose I could just use 2.7 as they're pretty much identical as far as SL is concerned, but I'm kinda interested in figuring out why this isn't working now.

They changed, you must use it like this now:

[SLProfile2]
(Keyword&SexLabActive)
+set bZoomIntoIFPV true
-return bZoomIntoIFPV
+set bToggleIntoIFPV true
-return bToggleIntoIFPV
[SLProfile3]
(Keyword~SexLabActive)
+set bZoomIntoIFPV false
-return bZoomItoIFPV
+set bToggleIntoIFPV false
-return bToggleIntoIFPV
+setnooverride bActivated false
Sorry for confusion. I had to change it to this otherwise multiple profiles active at same time would mess up some values. It used to be that once you set something that's what it changes to, now it adds all "set"s as overrides until "return" is used again. This way multiple profiles can modify same value and the highest profile's value is selected then. Example:

[ProfileImportant]
+set fNearClip 1
-return fNearClip
[NotSoImportantProfile]
+set fNearClip 5
-return fNearClip
[Default]
+set fNearClip 10
-return fNearClip
Let's say profiles activate like this order:

Default+
ImportantProfile+
NotSoImportantProfile+
ImportantProfile-
NotSoImportantProfile-
Old way would set fNearClip like this:

set 10 (Default+)
set 1 (ImportantProfile+)
set 5 (NotSoImportantProfile+)
set 10 (ImportantProfile-)
set 1 (NotSoImportantProfile-)
which is very wrong.

New way sets like this:

set 10 (Default+)
set 1 (ImportantProfile+)
no change here, since important profile is overriding (NotSoImportantProfile+)
set 5 (ImportantProfile-)
set 10 (NotSoImportantProfile-)
this is correct, values don't get messed up and the most important profile's value is used always.

Hope this explains it better.