Panic's animation workshop (Animations for Modders) updated 16.01.2015

So I've always wondered: How difficult would it be to take an existing (single character) animation from Fallout 3 / NV and port it to Skyrim?  I mean, with the animation already existing in some form or another, would that make things any easier than literally doing something from scratch?

The animation I speak of is the basic but superior cannibal animation.  I have it in mind to eventually take a stab at overhauling Skyrim's pathetic rendition, but the game first needs a non-goofy animation for it.

For those interested, here is a WIP animation of the next animation set. As you can see, the giants is the next creature to get new animations in v07 :)

attachicon.gifGiant-an1-wip.gif

I feel like I've said this a million times but holy cow these animations...

I don't know how they managed to get EVEN better every time. Marvelous work once again Panic.  :lol:

Thanks Tombstone, since it was the first time I've animated in 3D when I started to uploade my animations on loverslab before Christmas, I'm starting to feel like I'm getting pretty confident about how animation tools in 3ds Max works. But I'll be honest, I still make a lot of mistakes and there are things I do not quite understand that makes the animation process takes longer time than it needs to do :P 

I don't know if this can be done, but it would make for an awesome giant animation, using the original first few stages but the final stage of the animation has the female (or male if thats your thing) impaled fully on his cock and her belly slowly expands as she's flooded with its cum. It would have to depend on pregnancy skeletons to control the belly expanding, then maybe over time it would slowly shrink back to normal. Maybe even have the estrus chaurus seed gush while it plays.

Edit, btw are the previous animations added into the game yet? I downloaded a few links found earlier but none of them play, not sure if they are added to sexlabs framework or not.

For those interested, here is a WIP animation of the next animation set. As you can see, the giants is the next creature to get new animations in v07 :)

I don't know how they managed to get EVEN better every time. Marvelous work once again Panic.  :lol:

Thanks Tombstone, since it was the first time I've animated in 3D when I started to uploade my animations on loverslab before Christmas, I'm starting to feel like I'm getting pretty confident about how animation tools in 3ds Max works. But I'll be honest, I still make a lot of mistakes and there are things I do not quite understand that makes the animation process takes longer time than it needs to do :P 

Wow, really? That's really impressive. I cant be the only one who thought you had been doing animations for a long time. haha. Yes, you have a natural talent for it Panic. Well hey, that may very well be a reason why your animations are so great, is because you take your time with them. I can tell you put a lot of work into them and it really pays off. :shy:  Keep doing what your doing, its great!

So I've always wondered: How difficult would it be to take an existing (single character) animation from Fallout 3 / NV and port it to Skyrim?  I mean, with the animation already existing in some form or another, would that make things any easier than literally doing something from scratch?

The animation I speak of is the basic but superior cannibal animation.  I have it in mind to eventually take a stab at overhauling Skyrim's pathetic rendition, but the game first needs a non-goofy animation for it.

It would not be easy.  The animations for the characters in Skyrim ( or any game for that matter ) pretty much boil down to the skeletons and meshes in use for the animations / characters in question.

The meshes in Skyrim are weighted / skinned  for very specific bones.  Eg, the left leg weights are looking for a bone named Left Leg [ Lleg ].  If the skeletons differ in structure, count, naming or layout, then they won't be compatible with the Skyrim meshes without renaming the entire skeletal structure. ( assuming they have the same bone counts and general layout )

That said,  unless the Fallout / NV skeletons have the same build and naming structure, it would be rather difficult to port them over, so to speak. 

Some software ( Softimage comes to mind ) has the ability to transfer animation from one rig to another if you can provide it with a bone map so it knows what bone in skeleton A correlates to what bone in Skeleton B.  Again though, if the number of overall bones in the skeletons differ, you'll run into issues with that as well. 

I don't know if this can be done, but it would make for an awesome giant animation, using the original first few stages but the final stage of the animation has the female (or male if thats your thing) impaled fully on his cock and her belly slowly expands as she's flooded with its cum. It would have to depend on pregnancy skeletons to control the belly expanding, then maybe over time it would slowly shrink back to normal. Maybe even have the estrus chaurus seed gush while it plays.

Edit, btw are the previous animations added into the game yet? I downloaded a few links found earlier but none of them play, not sure if they are added to sexlabs framework or not.

Possibly, though it will require the use of a pregnancy weighted mesh I think.  In theory, you would just need to scale the bone that controls the belly at the point you wish to trigger the effect.

Wow, really? That's really impressive. I cant be the only one who thought you had been doing animations for a long time. haha. Yes, you have a natural talent for it Panic. Well hey, that may very well be a reason why your animations are so great, is because you take your time with them. I can tell you put a lot of work into them and it really pays off. :shy:  Keep doing what your doing, its great!

Thanks, I'm not completely green when it comes to animation tough, I have earlier worked with some 2D flash animation and have some experience with modeling with maya so

since I did know the concept of using a 3d software and how keyframe animation works in flash, it became easier to understand how to animate in 3ds Max. :)  

Very cool, you do great animations looking forward to your next set and beyond. As you get time of course. :)

Thank you :)

Inspiration is a funny thing :D  Hat tip to Panic for rekindling my interest in 3D once again. 

Quick test of what I'm trying to do.  I know where I want to go with it, but the hard part will be converting and getting it in game I think.  Will let you know how it progresses.

post-103460-0-42854100-1391298159_thumb.gif  post-103460-0-62807600-1391298180_thumb.gif

It's a damn slow process as I've never worked with 3DS Max before,  nor have I ever animated a damn thing in my life.  I'm familiar with Softimage and Rhino and have a lot of modeling experience under my belt, but I'm learning both 3DS Max and the animation side of the house on the fly here, so bear with me. 

*edit* Uploaded a slightly larger anim test file. Apologies for breaking it into two gifs,  but apparently Photoshop has a 500 frame limit on these things :|  ( I learn something new every day . . . . )

Inspiration is a funny thing :D  Hat tip to Panic for rekindling my interest in 3D once again. 

Quick test of what I'm trying to do.  I know where I want to go with it, but the hard part will be converting and getting it in game I think.  Will let you know how it progresses.

attachicon.gifww_bj.gif

It's a damn slow process as I've never worked with 3DS Max before,  nor have I ever animated a damn thing in my life.  I'm familiar with Softimage and Rhino and have a lot of modeling experience under my belt, but I'm learning both 3DS Max and the animation side of the house on the fly here, so bear with me. 

Awesome work Dayelyte! :)

attachicon.gifww_bjl.gif

*edit* Uploaded a slightly larger anim test file

I don't comment often and I tend to take the lurker role cause honestly other then praising I can't really add much to these topics but this....well damn I have to say good job with that animation. I know it's probably not intended but it kinda makes me think this could work for a dominate female werewolf animation in the future. Or at least I can say it it mentally and leave it at that.

Update:

First test run is done and I'll test ingame later this evening. Seems when I reloaded my laptop, I forgot to add the creation kit in :/ I'll need it to modify the SexLab scripts in order to test this thing.

Will update here when I get the ingame test run done.

Update # 2:  ( Finally )

Okay,  fully converted and tested in game.  We are good to go :D  Time to have some fun. 

( I'll try to clean this one up and release it.  I have to remove some of the transition frames and fix the loops )

Learned a few things along the way. 

1)  Transitions.  I wanted to animate the sequence changes ( eg: Actually animate the transition to laying down from standing ) but

I don't think I can have more than one acyclic animation in any given group.  So far it acts odd if I put more than one in there. Will continue testing it.  The idea is to have a one time play start, looping sequence, one time play transition, looping sequence, one time play transition, looping sequence, one time play finishing sequence.

2)  Loops.  Make damned sure the ending frame can seamlessly loop back to the starting frame without jumping all over the place. 

3)  Point Helpers in Max do not work with autokey.  Have to manually key those.  ( My elbow and knee IK targets )

4)  Orient your characters BEFORE you build the IK chains.  Otherwise is a huge pain in the ass to turn them around with IK goals and targets active. 

5)  There exists no SOS_skeleton.hkx file.  As a result, the conversion back to hkx from kf loses some of the secondary animation I did on the male genetalia since the bones don't convert because they don't even exist in the skeleton.hkx file at all. 

I'll build a gif file of the sequence tomorrow morning ( since it IS 1am currently ) and stick it in here.  I'll let you all decide if it's worth persuing the cleanup and release for ingame use. 

*afterthought*  It would be hilarious to make sex with a werewolf a means to contract lycanthropy :D  

attachicon.gifww_bjl.gif

*edit* Uploaded a slightly larger anim test file

The teeth watch the teeth

i am possatively in love with your works and i am hopeing so mch that you will be adding more and more beasts to the mod in time ik sexlabs use there own mix of ones and they could do with the horse being redone as it had no genitals and the anim sucks lol

Update:

*afterthought*  It would be hilarious to make sex with a werewolf a means to contract lycanthropy :D  

...And, for now, only one type of werewolf may actualy have sex with everyone... male werewolf... It will be pain in the ass for male chars... literally...  :dodgy: And then there will be all-beloved chance of success... Ow...  :s

BTW, I just remembered some second rate movie, where some guys fucked vampire girl and become vampires.

So, if someone will do animation for female version of werewolf and vampire lord... Why the hell not, I'll go for it.  :P

Update:

...And, for now, only one type of werewolf may actualy have sex with everyone... male werewolf... It will be pain in the ass for male chars... literally...  :dodgy: And then there will be all-beloved chance of success... Ow...  :s

BTW, I just remembered some second rate movie, where some guys fucked vampire girl and become vampires.

So, if someone will do animation for female version of werewolf and vampire lord... Why the hell not, I'll go for it.  :P

Mostly.  There is a mod which adds the female werewolf mesh to the game ( it's the same one I'm working with ) but they are rare to find in the wild.  I even have to use the console command 'sexchange' against the werewolves to test with lest I have to deal with teh slugger.

This was an issue I forsaw coming early on as it will impact what positions can be animated without the male baseball bat getting in the way :D

I asked the question over in the SexLab thread, but I never saw any answer to it.  If any super-scripter types know if the engine can determine the sex of the werewolf ( if that's even possible ) it would make things a lot easier.