SexLab requires two mods that are incompatible?

Not sure if I am misunderstanding this or not, but SexLab requires FNIS and also XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - XPMSE, however XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - XPMSE requires Nemesis which says it is incompatible with FNIS.

2 minutes ago, AbusedSlave said:

Not sure if I am misunderstanding this or not, but SexLab requires FNIS and also XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - XPMSE, however XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - XPMSE requires Nemesis which says it is incompatible with FNIS.

I have XP32 and never used Nemesis, so it does not require it.

4 minutes ago, AbusedSlave said:

Can you please tell me specifically which XP32 you have? Just so I get the one that seems to work for you.

XP32 Maximum Skeleton - XPMS

or

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - XPMSE

Extended. Oh just noticed you are on LE. I am on SE, but should make no difference the skeleton was around way before Nemesis existed.

The requirements for the XPMS are a bit misleading - It is use FNIS or Nemesis - It says 'Alternative to FNIS - Patch required for XPMS(S)E MCM'. Frequently stuff like this will list FNIS or Nemesis in the requirements, but actually means one or the other. As you are going SexLab, take the FNIS route for the time being :)

11 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

Extended. Oh just noticed you are on LE. I am on SE, but should make no difference the skeleton was around way before Nemesis existed.

The requirements for the XPMS are a bit misleading - It is use FNIS or Nemesis - It says 'Alternative to FNIS - Patch required for XPMS(S)E MCM'. Frequently stuff like this will list FNIS or Nemesis in the requirements, but actually means one or the other. As you are going SexLab, take the FNIS route for the time being :)

Actually I have the SE version of Skyrim...I swear if I downloaded something wrong (yet again) I'm gonna cry 😂

24 minutes ago, AbusedSlave said:

Actually I have the SE version of Skyrim...I swear if I downloaded something wrong (yet again) I'm gonna cry 😂

The one you want is by Groovtama:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988

"XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended is the update of XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended for Skyrim Special Edition."

If you are just starting fresh then try:

https://github.com/Monitor144hz/Pandora-Behaviour-Engine-Plus

PBE does away with the need for FNIS or Nemesis. I read that it is incompatible with Zaz but I'm not using Zaz. Otherwise I have nothng but good things to say about PBE.

PBE.jpg.2cb5bcba04c92df05e3f679cab4af146.jpg

Faster than the fastest thing on Fast Street in Fast Town.

either FNIS or Nemesis will work. or both, although apparently that takes some finagling. i just use Nemesis these days since FNIS is no longer supported

18 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

The one you want is by Groovtama:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988

"XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended is the update of XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended for Skyrim Special Edition."

If you are just starting fresh then try:

https://github.com/Monitor144hz/Pandora-Behaviour-Engine-Plus

PBE does away with the need for FNIS or Nemesis. I read that it is incompatible with Zaz but I'm not using Zaz. Otherwise I have nothng but good things to say about PBE.

Reveal hidden contents

PBE.jpg.2cb5bcba04c92df05e3f679cab4af146.jpg

Faster than the fastest thing on Fast Street in Fast Town.

Oh thank you! I'll make the switch now. Hopefully that's why FNIS was giving me warnings then.

I'd give PBE a try like you suggested but the mods I am wanting right now require ZAZ, so perhaps I'll give PBE a try in the future

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 10:56 PM, AbusedSlave said:

I use FNIS and Nemesis together, and everything fine

• 3 weeks later...

This post is a month old, but hopefully it's not too late to shed some light here. Nemesis does everything FNIS did, but better. It's faster, and can support far more animations. Some mods, particularly older ones (Sexy Move for example), require a FNIS plugin, so Nemesis makes a dummy FNIS.esp for mods that require it as a master. For practical reasons, if you see that something requires FNIS, then you can safely just use Nemesis and not bother with FNIS.

Oh, and also, it's not that big a deal anymore with ESLs, but if you don't want the dummy plugin taking up a slot, there's a mod that I think might literally just be called "No FNIS" that removes the master check from those older mods.

Edited by kraoro
On 4/11/2024 at 4:06 AM, kraoro said:

Nemesis does everything FNIS did, but better.

Not everything though. It doesn't do creature animations. Which is the reason people have to stick to FNIS, or use both FNIS and Nemesis. That and simply some people don't want to change something that works for them, especially true since Nemesis works mostly fine, but can crash consistently depending on your Windows Defender/AV software settings or your OS language.

Pandora is the new thing and it's decent enough, but last time I used it I had several small issues with different mods so I went back to Nemesis. I'm sure in the following months Pandora will be the recommended program, if it keeps getting updated and fixed unlike the other options.

Edited by Just Don't