Orkish Bounty Hunters

View File

Did you know that Vanilla Skyrim has bounty hunters who will come after you If you have a high enough Bounty somewhere?
No? well, no problem. They are pretty shitty anyway.

BUUUT, wouldn't it be cool if committing crimes (even minor ones) would actually result in someone competent coming after you in order to cash in that Bounty?
Apparently there are some people who Think so, and therefore, I made this mod.

So, what is this Mod?

Just as I said, It adds a specialized group of Bounty hunting orks to the world which will send Hunting parties of varying strength after the player if their Bounty exceeds a MCM configurable Threshold. The mod was initially meant to serve complement to my other mod Prison Alternative, by providing some means for the player to actually end Up in Jail. But as Development progressed, I came up with with a few features which make this mod worthwhile on its own.
quick feature Overview:

Huntig parties

Whenever your bounty in one of the Holds exceeds the threshold set in the MCM, there is a possibility that you might get ambushed By a hunting party. composition and strenght of those parties increases with your Bounty. There is a large number of checks in place to ensure these attacks dont happen while anything of importance is going on, so it shouldn't break any other mods or vanilla story Events. Also, attacks will only happen in the Tamriel worldspace (Not in interiors, cities, Solstheim, or modded locations like Bruma)

Specialized combat
In order to ensure compatibility with other combat defeat mods, The Orks use a special scripted poison damage which will accumulate with each hit you take. The total poison accumulation is indicated by a small onscreen widget and increased poison levels will increasingly blur your vision and reduce your movement speed. If the poison meter reaches 100%, you will fall unconscious. There is a chance for your follower to save you if they are nearby and still standing.

Defeat Outcomes
When you are defeated and your follower didnt manage to save the day, an Outcome will be selected. (Probabilities can be adjusted in the MCM)
The first and Default outcome is the simple transfer To Jail. this works For PA-enabled Jails, but also for Vanilla Jails. (not POP or DCL)

Ork camps
The other outcome for now is the Ork camp (there will hopefully be more outcomes in the future)
This temporary camp serves as a stopgap for the night before the Player is brought to a more permanent location (Only regular Jail for now, but there will be more dangerous locations added in the future)
When brought to this temporary camp, the Player has the choice between trying to escape or waiting it out. Depending on how many of my PA-Bad Ends mods you have installed, going to Jail might be fairly dangerous, so You might want to try your luck and get out, but this obviously has its own risks.

Escapes
If the player Decides to attempt an Escape, his primary objective is to get away from the camp without waking up the sleeping orks. Due to the after effects of the poison, your movement speed is reduced and you will go down in a single hit if the orks get to you. So you want to be careful here.
Optionally, the player can also try to retrieve his items from the camps chest before leaving, as well as trying to free his followers from the cage. Similar to the player, followers will also get recaptured with a single hit if the orks are alarmed, but they might also serve as a valuable distraction to make it easier for yourself to escape.

Aftermaths

If you get recaptured during your Escape, the Orks will be very displeased and do some nasty stuff with you. If you have Deadly Furnitures installed, they might even do something very drastic/final to you or your unlucky companions (if you have any)
If on the other hand your escape was successful but you had to leave your gear of followers behind, there is a small followup quest which allows you to retrieve them later or at least find out what became of them.

Notes:
This entire Project is still in an relatively early phase, so the outcomes and content are somewhat limited right now, but will likely get a few major expansions in the future.
The content that IS currently here has gone trough a fair bit of testing by me and my awesome supporters on Subscribestar and Patreon, so it should be mostly stable. but Its of course still within the realm of possibilities that I overlooked something, so use it at your own risk.

Compatability:

compatible:

• Pretty much all other combat Defeat mods (Avoid using surrender hotkeys)
  • Prison alternative (highly recommended)
  • Pamas Deadly Furnitures (Needed for some outcomes)
  • Followers (system supports up to three followers)

Incompatible:

• Devious Devices (Just having it installed COULD be ok, but if you actually wear something from DD during an OBH event, stuff will break)
  • Certain standalone followers which use scripted effects/teleportation, or follower frameworks which do the same (AFT or NFF for example)

Related/recommended mods:

Spoiler

And If you want exclusive early access to new Stuff, want to vote on what I should make next,
or Just like my work, consider supporting me:

patreon_logo.png.0fefe68ab9dfd4b45ac6edafe6b400ca.pnghttps://www.patreon.com/Pamatronic   https://subscribestar.adult/pamatronic

Or join the Discord to get more news on Dev-updates and a steady stream of Images featuring the Stuff.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/30/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    Fnis/Nemesis
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

This looks AMAZING! It's an instant add to try. Concept is great.

Look forward to seeing outcomes expanded over time but even initially they look great.

May not match your direction or too much work but... would also be good to have different enemy types chase down the player. Maybe for different reasons. For example, there is an older mod (don't think it was ever finished) that made the Vigilant of Stendarr hunt the PC if they ever used conjuration spells (or could be expanded for Daedric quest completion or having a Daedric artifact). There are so many lesser used NPCs that could be used. Even creatures like Falmer for disturbing their Chaurus Nests!

Either way keep up the awesome work and thank you!

I think this mod will work nicely with orc tats from Alpia Scribbles (for immersion^^). Maybe apply some tats on capture or re-capture?

Also I hope one day Pama's mods will support DDs, especially bounty hunters should have a spare armbinder and a gag lying around :D  

4 hours ago, aspirine2 said:

mcm not showing! or what is the mcm mod name? maybe it's lost in my list?

thanks in advance

Worked for me when I typed in console: setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1 and waited a bit. Check pictures for mcm mod name.

I'm guessing this mod is aimed toward female player characters? If so, could you add an MCM option to control gender of the Orc hunters so that Female x Male femdom kind of encounters are possible as-well?

Edited by LewdZenn
On 1/30/2024 at 7:39 AM, KirovNod said:

Has anyone encountered the bug that once the player caught and brought to the camp, the orcs just stand there and do nothing? 

Same issue here, tried on a brand new save as well with orks just standing around.  Hopefully Pamatronic adds more debugging so that we can give better reports as to where things end of breaking.

On 1/30/2024 at 1:39 PM, KirovNod said:

Has anyone encountered the bug that once the player caught and brought to the camp, the orcs just stand there and do nothing? 

Do you have Fuz-Roh-Doh installed?

On 2/2/2024 at 7:45 AM, Greyzen said:

Same issue here, tried on a brand new save as well with orks just standing around.  Hopefully Pamatronic adds more debugging so that we can give better reports as to where things end of breaking.

same as above, but Im not sure what debugging im supposed to implement. You can just tell me where exactly stuff got stuck.

On 2/3/2024 at 9:19 PM, Lumillex said:

Hello,

I've had a lot of fun trying to dodge ork ambushes 😛

Unfortunately my game keep crashing after the camp event (when, i believe, my char is dragged into prison)

(It may, or not, be related to orkish ambushes. I tried desactivate half my load order and couldn't find whats wrong sooo... here you go)

Anyway thanks you for the mod!

crash-2024-02-03-19-44-59.log 48.92 kB · 0 downloads crash-2024-02-03-19-44-59-REPORT.txt 8.08 kB · 1 download

try getting arrested the conventional way and see if it still crashes.

Great work! 

Got some possible suggestions in mind if I may.

1) Getting an butt or tits brand (slavetat) that indicates character as orc captured bounty
2) MCM setting to get followers executed while player still captured (without executing dragonborn)
3) After staying captured or failed escape - death alternative scenario like being sold on market or moved to vanilla orc camps as local slave

I've also encountered a bug where the player is brought to the camp, the dialog box where you get a choice to sneak out or stay doesn't appear. I have tried reinstalling Fuz-ro-Doh to see if that helped but no dice. Other mods I have from you are working fine in my game rn, so i don't think i have any mods that would conflict with this one. 

ps. when i use the debug option for camp punishment the orks just walk away while still talking to me and will have the same problem with the camp encounter, that now I'm just stuck to a poll and forced to either reload a save or return player controls using the console.  

Edited by ShinyGiant2
On 2/3/2024 at 2:19 PM, Lumillex said:

Hello,

I've had a lot of fun trying to dodge ork ambushes 😛

Unfortunately my game keep crashing after the camp event (when, i believe, my char is dragged into prison)

(It may, or not, be related to orkish ambushes. I tried desactivate half my load order and couldn't find whats wrong sooo... here you go)

Anyway thanks you for the mod!

crash-2024-02-03-19-44-59.log 48.92 kB · 1 download crash-2024-02-03-19-44-59-REPORT.txt 8.08 kB · 1 download

Lumillex, check to see how much you have in your inventory. I recently noticed crashes when forced teleport scenarios happen (being sent to prison being one of them). I came across advice somewhere on this site that too much in your inventory contributed to crashes. I believe they were right, as I am guilty of carrying way too much thanks to carry weight ring. I'm not sure on the exact amount of weight or maybe it's item number (hundreds of arrows). But I can say that the forced teleport crashes haven't happened since my inventory is kept lower.

So I got captured by the orcs, tried to escape, failed (pickpocketing one orc for lockpicks), got recaptured and delivered to The Chill, served my time, was released and now? Where is my gear? Usually you get to The Chill with your gear (pretty foolish, but that's the baseline), since there are no prisoners chests in the Chill (and you end up in Winterhold after release). Went back to double check anyway, but nothing. No quest to retrieve the gear either. I assume/hope that's a bug and not as intended, as sorry 400something bounty and losing equip and money worth several tens of thousands (not to mention some items are unique and can't be replaced), that makes no sense.
I think it's also overdone to make those orcs essential, bounty hunting is a dangerous job and they are tough and with those poison extremely hard to beat, making it utterly impossible feels kinda lame to me.

Edited by Talesien
6 hours ago, Talesien said:

Where is my gear?

In your Inventory?
OBH returns player gear before it moves the player to Jail. In one of the regular Jails it would subsequently end up in the Prisoners Belongings chests, but in the chill it would simply remain in inventory as usual. (It doesnt re-equipp anything of course).
Did a quick testrun and it worked as intended for me. If your stuff is actually gone, please provide a detailed step by step report on what you did in the camp.

6 hours ago, Talesien said:

I think it's also overdone to make those orcs essential

This is done mainly for technical reasons. I need to make sure all potential participants for outcome scenes are still alive.
And besides that, As described in the small textbox, the player is supposed to be still affected by the poison and not in a state where they are able to fight. You aren't supposed to simply power your way out of this.

Hi,

I would like to try your mod but i see a conflict in ssedit in worldspace records with the Butterflies Land True and Skyrim Reborn - Whiterun Hold mods in my loading order.
It will pose a problem for the orc camp if i let the other plugins overwrite yours?
Where can i find the camp to go see any problems?
Is a patch possible?

Thanks.

This looks really good, and I'm glad that it handles followers too! Have you considered an outcome for followers you don't save is getting handed to Follower slavery mod? There's an API on that mod page for this kind of thing if you're interested