NearlyNormal Posted September 23, 2014 Posted September 23, 2014 I tried to run the armor swapper Java thing after installing this and I got the attached image error message. Any idea what I need to do to fix this? Because I don't have Hearthfire.
Kinky Posted September 23, 2014 Posted September 23, 2014 Is this mod final product or is it still going to be updated? If not final what are planed updates? Will there be SkyTeens race?
Spyder Arachnid Posted September 23, 2014 Posted September 23, 2014 That.... is odd. That file right there is for Dragonborn, it shouldn't have Hearthfire as a requirement. I'm not sure why it says that the Dragonborn version needs Hearthfire, as I don't remember setting Hearthfire as a Master for it at all. Though I may of made the mistake while editing it and accidently forgot to remove Hearthfire when I made it. You're the first to report this issue, though that could just mean everyone else has Hearthfire so they haven't noticed it. It only edits one child, so it's not too big of an issue as it is just for that one child in the Skaal village. But that does kind of suck, I didn't see that before. You can delete it for now until I get around to fixing it. Which no idea when I'll get around to it, as I've been busy of late.
Spyder Arachnid Posted September 23, 2014 Posted September 23, 2014 Is this mod final product or is it still going to be updated? If not final what are planed updates? Will there be SkyTeens race? I can't speak for what En_Hawk has planned, but I can tell you what I know so far. Basically, yes it is in a finished state kind of. There is updates planned, but En_Hawk has been pretty busy and hasn't had the time to really flesh all that out at the moment. On the front page though, you can see what kind of future updates he has planned for SkyKids. Mainly, make the mod modular mostly. Like adding separate addons and such for random children npcs scattered about, updating the default presets, and things like that. I'm not sure on new races though. He also plans on making a standalone child replacer as well, which won't require the whole race to use, so you can use just the child replacer, without the whole playable race. I think there was mention as well of making other race children (Dunmer, Argonian, Khajiit, etc) adoptable too. So those who play those races can have matching children, instead of all the default vanilla humans. As for my child replacer I made using this mod, I'd like to update it as well. Most of it was something I tossed together real quick, and while it looks decent, I'd like to improve it more. But like En_Hawk, I've been busy as well so no idea when I'll get around to that either. There is also plans for a fix to Hearthfire children clothes to make them compatible with SkyKids as well. Anything else, I'd rather En_Hawk fill you in there. But that's just info I know about from the main page and the stuff I've read in this thread. It will probably be awhile though till any of this stuff changes, so the version that is up now is pretty much going to be the latest version for awhile. So it's completely safe to check it out now if that is what you're wondering, without fear of it changing soon.
en_hawk Posted September 23, 2014 Author Posted September 23, 2014 I tried to run the armor swapper Java thing after installing this and I got the attached image error message. Any idea what I need to do to fix this? Because I don't have Hearthfire. That.... is odd. That file right there is for Dragonborn, it shouldn't have Hearthfire as a requirement. I'm not sure why it says that the Dragonborn version needs Hearthfire, as I don't remember setting Hearthfire as a Master for it at all. Though I may of made the mistake while editing it and accidently forgot to remove Hearthfire when I made it. You're the first to report this issue, though that could just mean everyone else has Hearthfire so they haven't noticed it. It only edits one child, so it's not too big of an issue as it is just for that one child in the Skaal village. But that does kind of suck, I didn't see that before. You can delete it for now until I get around to fixing it. Which no idea when I'll get around to it, as I've been busy of late. He's not actually using your NPC replacer, spyder(as yours are all setup properly). I just checked my files out, and I do indeed have an extraneous master for hearthfire on the dragonborn npc replacer plugin; I guess I forgot to hit the 'clean masters' button after I finished making the plugin. I've hotfixed it and attached a working esp to this post, but an update to the main package/thread with this fixed file included will have to wait until I have the time for it. This should get you up and running in the meantime.SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.esp
Spyder Arachnid Posted September 23, 2014 Posted September 23, 2014 Ah my mistake. I misread it. For some reason I thought that was one of mine lol. That's what I get for staying up all night without sleep.
NearlyNormal Posted September 23, 2014 Posted September 23, 2014 I tried to run the armor swapper Java thing after installing this and I got the attached image error message. Any idea what I need to do to fix this? Because I don't have Hearthfire. That.... is odd. That file right there is for Dragonborn, it shouldn't have Hearthfire as a requirement. I'm not sure why it says that the Dragonborn version needs Hearthfire, as I don't remember setting Hearthfire as a Master for it at all. Though I may of made the mistake while editing it and accidently forgot to remove Hearthfire when I made it. You're the first to report this issue, though that could just mean everyone else has Hearthfire so they haven't noticed it. It only edits one child, so it's not too big of an issue as it is just for that one child in the Skaal village. But that does kind of suck, I didn't see that before. You can delete it for now until I get around to fixing it. Which no idea when I'll get around to it, as I've been busy of late. He's not actually using your NPC replacer, spyder(as yours are all setup properly). I just checked my files out, and I do indeed have an extraneous master for hearthfire on the dragonborn npc replacer plugin; I guess I forgot to hit the 'clean masters' button after I finished making the plugin. I've hotfixed it and attached a working esp to this post, but an update to the main package/thread with this fixed file included will have to wait until I have the time for it. This should get you up and running in the meantime. Well, thanks for the quick response. Your replacement .esp worked. I appreciate the help.
MidbossVyers Posted September 24, 2014 Posted September 24, 2014 Has anyone using the classic boy body encountered this problem? If not, have you seen something similar to this before? Is the armor swapper just for torso armor, or can it work for boots and shoes, as well?
Spyder Arachnid Posted September 28, 2014 Posted September 28, 2014 Here's a cosmetic compatibility patch for SG Hair Pack 268 Edition. Really like these hairs, but was sad to see they didn't work on Skykids. So I followed your guide and made a patch for them. Though to others, LL is not allowed to provide a link for SG Hair Pack 268 Edition sadly, but feel free to google search it. It's not hard to find. Works just fine in my game (basic Skyrim install with SkyKids and SG Hairs), so should work fine with any other game. On a side note, been messing around with RaceMenu again, trying to make Skykids. But for some reason, none of the sliders work at all. Only the basic vanilla ones do. Don't know if this is an issue with RaceMenu and custom races, or if there is something else I need for these sliders to work. Tried with the RaceMenu Plugin and without, and it didn't make a difference. As well, it seems the male body is not very texture friendly. I've been tweaking the textures over and over, yet they always appear wrong on the male body mesh. No matter what I do, there is always gaps and glitches everywhere. Down the inside of the arms, the side of the body, legs, and then the feet are all messed up. I don't know if it is a mesh issue, or a texture issue, or what. But even with the basic textures that come with Skykids (before I edited them), they did this as well. Just wanted to give you a heads up. SK SGHairPackAIO.esp
ChipyChops Posted September 28, 2014 Posted September 28, 2014 Thanks for the esp Spyder. I find that a few of the racemenu sliders don't work, maybe its because they're not ece.
CHURCH1941 Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 I got the main mod to work, and the characters are changed and everything, but the armor patcher doesn`t seem to work. It says, "There was an exception thrown during program execution: 'java.io.FileNotFoundException:..\..\SK Child Armor Swapper.est(Access is denied)' Please contact author". The fixes i`ve looked up and tried already, including new installs, and moving the Skyrim folder to somewhere less secure than C;// didn`t work. I ran it as administrator and everything. Any ideas? Sorry if this has been asked before, but i didn`t really want to sift through a thousand comments.
en_hawk Posted September 30, 2014 Author Posted September 30, 2014 I got the main mod to work, and the characters are changed and everything, but the armor patcher doesn`t seem to work. It says, "There was an exception thrown during program execution: 'java.io.FileNotFoundException:..\..\SK Child Armor Swapper.est(Access is denied)' Please contact author". The fixes i`ve looked up and tried already, including new installs, and moving the Skyrim folder to somewhere less secure than C;// didn`t work. I ran it as administrator and everything. Any ideas? Sorry if this has been asked before, but i didn`t really want to sift through a thousand comments.Is user account control(UAC) on?
Griede Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 ok so i keep running in to an error. the armor swap did not install automatically, so i tried to instal it manually as per your instructions by running the jar file. the patcher starts just fine, however it keeps giving an error stating that the SkyKids.esm needs to be installed and active in order to continue. the esm is installed, its in the folder, and it is active int he wyrebash load list, and all of the mods ar e in the proper order. i tryed restarting wyrebash, and the patcher, i tried deleting the SkyKids.esm and then reinstalling the entire skykids file through NMM nothing. and i know the game is recognizing it cause i already had it up and running, just didnt know about the armor swapper. the only issue i had then was getting them to equip armor i gave them, as the first set of armor i gave the followers would equip while i had their inventory open, but as soon as i close their inventory they took it off again... anyways, hopefully someone knows how to fix this? cause i dont know how to fix a problem that doesnt exsist lol... and yes, the armor swaper patch isnt present cause it wont populate.. Skyrim.esmCRC: C665FD56Update.esmCRC: E5B67BDAUDR: 3, ITM not scanned (via Wrye Bash)Dawnguard.esmCRC: BD72CCF3UDR: 139, ITM not scanned (via Wrye Bash)HearthFires.esmCRC: AF82CE6AUDR: 16, ITM not scanned (via Wrye Bash)Dragonborn.esmCRC: A9F83BFFUDR: 9, ITM not scanned (via Wrye Bash)ApachiiHair.esmCRC: 783F7167ApachiiHairFemales.esmCRC: 49FFE3B5OblivionHairPackAIO.esmCRC: BC9E18D8RaceCompatibility.esmCRC: D0528810AP Skyrim.esmCRC: 49C82390Skykids.esmCRC: 90F2879CMFVM.esmCRC: BA4FF3ABRCOTS-RACES.esmCRC: D015BEB1SK Drow Child Race.esmCRC: 866213A6SK Monli Race.esmCRC: 92D59001SK TheEyesOfBeauty.esmVersion: 8CRC: A4DD6EA2OrientalRace.espCRC: D9E80FF5RaceMenu.espCRC: 2765B7D0RaceMenuPlugin.espCRC: 8A8A009FSK Drow Taldyn.espCRC: 889ACA5CSK Lolydia.espCRC: 4F21ED9Cmonli preset1.espCRC: 8F7B1D05monli preset2.espCRC: 49C6F0FFmonli preset3.espCRC: E5F6A75FSK Vanilla Child Replacer.espCRC: CDB27005SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.espCRC: 467C0053SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.espCRC: B6836AA6SK ApachiiHair.espCRC: E1069233SK ApachiiHairFemales.espCRC: E95D801ASK OblivionHairPackAIO.espCRC: 8DAA30BFHighResTexturePack01.espCRC: D596F02AHighResTexturePack02.espCRC: D596F02AHighResTexturePack03.espCRC: D596F02Aperk bug fixes.espCRC: 47AD6ED2MFVM_Hearthfire_Patch.espCRC: F1C1A957MFVM_ChildrenFight_Patch.espCRC: E03331F1
Griede Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 Awesome. Now I'm going to feel like a dick for not catching this other one before, but mentioning it now. Eyes of Beauty folder is also misnamed I think. EyesOfBeauty.jpg Ok I fixed that, and then went through and double checked everything to make sure it matches, shouldn't be anymore issues with the installer script. The file has been updated, either redownload it or run the manual install procedure on the affected modules. Awesome, sorry about reenacting this skit for you: O's and P's.
Griede Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 lol.. sorry, not even related.. watched video at like midnight.. almost died laughing...
en_hawk Posted September 30, 2014 Author Posted September 30, 2014 ok so i keep running in to an error. the armor swap did not install automatically, so i tried to instal it manually as per your instructions by running the jar file. the patcher starts just fine, however it keeps giving an error stating that the SkyKids.esm needs to be installed and active in order to continue. the esm is installed, its in the folder, and it is active int he wyrebash load list, and all of the mods ar e in the proper order. i tryed restarting wyrebash, and the patcher, i tried deleting the SkyKids.esm and then reinstalling the entire skykids file through NMM nothing. and i know the game is recognizing it cause i already had it up and running, just didnt know about the armor swapper. the only issue i had then was getting them to equip armor i gave them, as the first set of armor i gave the followers would equip while i had their inventory open, but as soon as i close their inventory they took it off again... anyways, hopefully someone knows how to fix this? cause i dont know how to fix a problem that doesnt exsist lol... and yes, the armor swaper patch isnt present cause it wont populate.. Skyrim.esm CRC: C665FD56 Update.esm CRC: E5B67BDA UDR: 3, ITM not scanned (via Wrye Bash) Dawnguard.esm CRC: BD72CCF3 UDR: 139, ITM not scanned (via Wrye Bash) HearthFires.esm CRC: AF82CE6A UDR: 16, ITM not scanned (via Wrye Bash) Dragonborn.esm CRC: A9F83BFF UDR: 9, ITM not scanned (via Wrye Bash) ApachiiHair.esm CRC: 783F7167 ApachiiHairFemales.esm CRC: 49FFE3B5 OblivionHairPackAIO.esm CRC: BC9E18D8 RaceCompatibility.esm CRC: D0528810 AP Skyrim.esm CRC: 49C82390 Skykids.esm CRC: 90F2879C MFVM.esm CRC: BA4FF3AB RCOTS-RACES.esm CRC: D015BEB1 SK Drow Child Race.esm CRC: 866213A6 SK Monli Race.esm CRC: 92D59001 SK TheEyesOfBeauty.esm Version: 8 CRC: A4DD6EA2 OrientalRace.esp CRC: D9E80FF5 RaceMenu.esp CRC: 2765B7D0 RaceMenuPlugin.esp CRC: 8A8A009F SK Drow Taldyn.esp CRC: 889ACA5C SK Lolydia.esp CRC: 4F21ED9C monli preset1.esp CRC: 8F7B1D05 monli preset2.esp CRC: 49C6F0FF monli preset3.esp CRC: E5F6A75F SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp CRC: CDB27005 SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.esp CRC: 467C0053 SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.esp CRC: B6836AA6 SK ApachiiHair.esp CRC: E1069233 SK ApachiiHairFemales.esp CRC: E95D801A SK OblivionHairPackAIO.esp CRC: 8DAA30BF HighResTexturePack01.esp CRC: D596F02A HighResTexturePack02.esp CRC: D596F02A HighResTexturePack03.esp CRC: D596F02A perk bug fixes.esp CRC: 47AD6ED2 MFVM_Hearthfire_Patch.esp CRC: F1C1A957 MFVM_ChildrenFight_Patch.esp CRC: E03331F1 Just to clarify, you are NOT using MO, correct?
Griede Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 negatory ghostrider, im useing wyrebash and boss. also, i want to add that when i click any mod that has skykids.esm as a master, it SHOWS the esm as installed and active in the masters list to the right. it also shows ALL of the plugins for the skykids mod, including the skykids.esm as normal, no yellow or red or any other errors. though i did just notice something odd. skykids will not stay above the SK drow and monli plugins, as soon as i start the jar file to run the patch it reorders them, i would post screenshots but this thing keeps erroring when it trys to load anyfiles. isnt there supposed to be a way to LOCK the load order so it wont change?
IleikOreos Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 Could some one give me some help on how/where i install this with nmm/mo?
Spyder Arachnid Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 Could some one give me some help on how/where i install this with nmm/mo? Go to the download section, click the button that says Mirror, and it will take you to Mega to download it. Download it, save it somewhere, then open up NMM. Go to your mods section, add a mod, and select the zip file you just downloaded. Then when it finishes adding it, activate it and follow the directions and pick and choose what you want. Tada, all done. Same as installing any other NMM mod. No special things you need to do. Install it normally like any other mod via NMM.
en_hawk Posted September 30, 2014 Author Posted September 30, 2014 negatory ghostrider, im useing wyrebash and boss. also, i want to add that when i click any mod that has skykids.esm as a master, it SHOWS the esm as installed and active in the masters list to the right. it also shows ALL of the plugins for the skykids mod, including the skykids.esm as normal, no yellow or red or any other errors. though i did just notice something odd. skykids will not stay above the SK drow and monli plugins, as soon as i start the jar file to run the patch it reorders them, i would post screenshots but this thing keeps erroring when it trys to load anyfiles. isnt there supposed to be a way to LOCK the load order so it wont change? You are using BOSS, correct? Sounds to me like you failed to install the [mandatory] userlist entries. The default masterlist configuration causes just that exact problem(as I guess the BOSS dev team didn't bother to test it or look at the masters on the plugins before sticking it in the masterlist backwards and screwing everyone over...). Could some one give me some help on how/where i install this with nmm/mo? Could some one give me some help on how/where i install this with nmm/mo? Go to the download section, click the button that says Mirror, and it will take you to Mega to download it. Download it, save it somewhere, then open up NMM. Go to your mods section, add a mod, and select the zip file you just downloaded. Then when it finishes adding it, activate it and follow the directions and pick and choose what you want. Tada, all done. Same as installing any other NMM mod. No special things you need to do. Install it normally like any other mod via NMM. Or, you know... read the manual?
CHURCH1941 Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 I got the main mod to work, and the characters are changed and everything, but the armor patcher doesn`t seem to work. It says, "There was an exception thrown during program execution: 'java.io.FileNotFoundException:..\..\SK Child Armor Swapper.est(Access is denied)' Please contact author". The fixes i`ve looked up and tried already, including new installs, and moving the Skyrim folder to somewhere less secure than C;// didn`t work. I ran it as administrator and everything. Any ideas? Sorry if this has been asked before, but i didn`t really want to sift through a thousand comments.Is user account control(UAC) on? To be honest, I have no idea how to turn that on. I asked some of my friends if they have any idea (not saying it`s a mod that makes kids look more attractive of course) and all they said was this is a lostboy.exe thing and called me a retard...
Griede Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 I got the main mod to work, and the characters are changed and everything, but the armor patcher doesn`t seem to work. It says, "There was an exception thrown during program execution: 'java.io.FileNotFoundException:..\..\SK Child Armor Swapper.est(Access is denied)' Please contact author". The fixes i`ve looked up and tried already, including new installs, and moving the Skyrim folder to somewhere less secure than C;// didn`t work. I ran it as administrator and everything. Any ideas? Sorry if this has been asked before, but i didn`t really want to sift through a thousand comments.Is user account control(UAC) on? To be honest, I have no idea how to turn that on. I asked some of my friends if they have any idea (not saying it`s a mod that makes kids look more attractive of course) and all they said was this is a lostboy.exe thing and called me a retard... UAC is user account control, they asked if you have it on because its known to cause various issues when adding, deleting, or just altering files in certain locations. it ussually has a popup when you run most if not all programs on your computer asking you to confirm that you told it to start.
Griede Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 negatory ghostrider, im useing wyrebash and boss. also, i want to add that when i click any mod that has skykids.esm as a master, it SHOWS the esm as installed and active in the masters list to the right. it also shows ALL of the plugins for the skykids mod, including the skykids.esm as normal, no yellow or red or any other errors. though i did just notice something odd. skykids will not stay above the SK drow and monli plugins, as soon as i start the jar file to run the patch it reorders them, i would post screenshots but this thing keeps erroring when it trys to load anyfiles. isnt there supposed to be a way to LOCK the load order so it wont change? You are using BOSS, correct? Sounds to me like you failed to install the [mandatory] userlist entries. The default masterlist configuration causes just that exact problem(as I guess the BOSS dev team didn't bother to test it or look at the masters on the plugins before sticking it in the masterlist backwards and screwing everyone over...). ok, so i understand what your talkin about because i have the same issue with oblivion, but how do i do that? i am useing boss but is there a list somewhere i need to load? as an update, i can run the armor swap patch without the sk drow or sk monli race esms active. which i suppose is to be expected if the list is messed up. i did manage to download a boss userllist manager from nexus, ill try that and see if i can get it fixed.
Kinky Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 Here's a cosmetic compatibility patch for SG Hair Pack 268 Edition. Really like these hairs, but was sad to see they didn't work on Skykids. So I followed your guide and made a patch for them. Though to others, LL is not allowed to provide a link for SG Hair Pack 268 Edition sadly, but feel free to google search it. It's not hard to find. Works just fine in my game (basic Skyrim install with SkyKids and SG Hairs), so should work fine with any other game. On a side note, been messing around with RaceMenu again, trying to make Skykids. But for some reason, none of the sliders work at all. Only the basic vanilla ones do. Don't know if this is an issue with RaceMenu and custom races, or if there is something else I need for these sliders to work. Tried with the RaceMenu Plugin and without, and it didn't make a difference.... There is now also new hair pack (KS Hairdos) on nexus http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58221/? It would be nice to include that one as well. Also if you are playing with faces then why not include more face presets to this mod? It seems like there are only 2 face presets for any race...
CHURCH1941 Posted September 30, 2014 Posted September 30, 2014 I got the main mod to work, and the characters are changed and everything, but the armor patcher doesn`t seem to work. It says, "There was an exception thrown during program execution: 'java.io.FileNotFoundException:..\..\SK Child Armor Swapper.est(Access is denied)' Please contact author". The fixes i`ve looked up and tried already, including new installs, and moving the Skyrim folder to somewhere less secure than C;// didn`t work. I ran it as administrator and everything. Any ideas? Sorry if this has been asked before, but i didn`t really want to sift through a thousand comments.Is user account control(UAC) on? To be honest, I have no idea how to turn that on. I asked some of my friends if they have any idea (not saying it`s a mod that makes kids look more attractive of course) and all they said was this is a lostboy.exe thing and called me a retard... UAC is user account control, they asked if you have it on because its known to cause various issues when adding, deleting, or just altering files in certain locations. it ussually has a popup when you run most if not all programs on your computer asking you to confirm that you told it to start. I do know what it is, it just doesn`t give me a popup when I run the thing, and I don`t know how to either make the popup appear, or confirm what the popup would do manually.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now