Jump to content

[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm having a problem installing Skykids with the custom races and using SKArmorPatcher through MO.

 

Yes, I am running SKArmorPatcher through MO. (Run as Executable)

 

When it finishes importing, I click patch. As soon as it gets to the drow file, it tells me that the master file Skykids. esm is missing. I don't know why it's telling me that since I have it enabled in Mod Organizer and I see in in my plugins section.

 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks :D

Check in your steam folder location. program files\(x**)\Steam SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data for skykids.esm. It has to be there for the SKArmorPatcher to work.

Posted

 

Please, en_hawk. I"ve spent over 6 hours now trying to get this to work. I"ve been keeping tabs on this since you picked it up. I did read and read the manuals. Over and Over. Your right. This is a new computer. Forgot that Microsoft don't install java automatically. Behead them, I say. Thank you for your response.

 

The problems are arising out of the use of other mods.

1. Loot is the answer. Boss is one gigantic headache. Owned by Microsoft or Nexus?

2. Install skykids after installing the hair, eye and MFVM mods.**see below** SUM will check for them.

       a. MFVM - Make sure you follow the instructions for that mod and any other mod installed.

           Problems -  Installed it. Ran SUM. Error message states "MFVMxvisionPatch.esp has some missing masters: -xvisionchildren.esp. SUM can't continue. The xvisionchildren.esp plugin doesn't exist.

3. Skyproc - Make sure java is installed. Use the links supplied by en_hawk. Make sure you download the correct version of Java (example - 32.bit/86.bit blab blab. Use the online .exe file on the  download page for simple installation. Go buy a second fucking monitor.

   a. It needs SUM.

 

Were I"m at now.  Problems -  Installed it. Ran LOOT and then SUM. Error message states "MFVMxvisionPatch.esp has some missing masters: -xvisionchildren.esp. SUM can't continue. The xvisionchildren.esp plugin doesn't exist.

 

Everything is installed. I don't want to install the xvision children mod on the nexus. I may be able to find an old version of the file. 

 

Found an old version of xvisionchildren.esp. Trying Loot and then SUM, again.

 

It worked. Now will try to play.

 

It loaded up. Hope to get back with good news. 

 

 

Why are you even using the XVision Children patch any ways? That is your problem right there. No reason to use the XVision Children Patch, if you're not using XVision Children. And if you're using SkyKids, there is no reason to use XVision Children as they both replace the vanilla children and will conflict with each other.

 

That's all on you. You installed a compatibility patch for a mod you didn't even have. Nowhere in the SkyKids install does it say to use the XVision Children patch. That is your own fault there, not En_Hawk's or SkyKids. Remove the XVision Children patch (and XVision Children) and you won't have that problem with missing masters.

Posted

 

 

Please, en_hawk. I"ve spent over 6 hours now trying to get this to work. I"ve been keeping tabs on this since you picked it up. I did read and read the manuals. Over and Over. Your right. This is a new computer. Forgot that Microsoft don't install java automatically. Behead them, I say. Thank you for your response.

 

The problems are arising out of the use of other mods.

1. Loot is the answer. Boss is one gigantic headache. Owned by Microsoft or Nexus?

2. Install skykids after installing the hair, eye and MFVM mods.**see below** SUM will check for them.

       a. MFVM - Make sure you follow the instructions for that mod and any other mod installed.

           Problems -  Installed it. Ran SUM. Error message states "MFVMxvisionPatch.esp has some missing masters: -xvisionchildren.esp. SUM can't continue. The xvisionchildren.esp plugin doesn't exist.

3. Skyproc - Make sure java is installed. Use the links supplied by en_hawk. Make sure you download the correct version of Java (example - 32.bit/86.bit blab blab. Use the online .exe file on the  download page for simple installation. Go buy a second fucking monitor.

   a. It needs SUM.

 

Were I"m at now.  Problems -  Installed it. Ran LOOT and then SUM. Error message states "MFVMxvisionPatch.esp has some missing masters: -xvisionchildren.esp. SUM can't continue. The xvisionchildren.esp plugin doesn't exist.

 

Everything is installed. I don't want to install the xvision children mod on the nexus. I may be able to find an old version of the file. 

 

Found an old version of xvisionchildren.esp. Trying Loot and then SUM, again.

 

It worked. Now will try to play.

 

It loaded up. Hope to get back with good news. 

 

 

Why are you even using the XVision Children patch any ways? That is your problem right there. No reason to use the XVision Children Patch, if you're not using XVision Children. And if you're using SkyKids, there is no reason to use XVision Children as they both replace the vanilla children and will conflict with each other.

 

That's all on you. You installed a compatibility patch for a mod you didn't even have. Nowhere in the SkyKids install does it say to use the XVision Children patch. That is your own fault there, not En_Hawk's or SkyKids. Remove the XVision Children patch (and XVision Children) and you won't have that problem with missing masters.

1. First off, i'm not here to play the blame game. I'm reporting facts. I will state this again, not for you but for the benefit of the progression of this mod. I"m not here to spit on anyone's sweetrolls. en_hawk has put alot of work into this project and I wish to see it tested more.

 

That said. I will state this again in a different way to hopefully make it clearer. Even If it is something on my end, others will want to know about it.

When I run Sum, the SK child armor swap comes up. When I patch, SUM displays  Error Message  "MFVMxvisionPatch.esp has some missing masters: -xvisionchildren.esp. SUM can't continue

 

It would seem that MFVMxvision's master is tied to xvisionchildren.esp, when SUM is used, which MFVM doesn't supply, in its install. I am using MFVM because  "More Follower Voices Mod (only required for follower addons, however still strongly recommended)" is stated on this thread's main page. That program is needed to have follower addons. It is a good program too and if there is a problem with it, that problem needs to be addressed, with them.

 

After placing xvisionchildren.esp into my data directory, SUM was allowed to progress and finish. I tested Skykids in-game and it seemed to work great. I do hope to start streaming it, next week.

 

So we ask the questions..

Is it a wrong compatibility patch? If it is, what patch do I need to use. Is it even tied to a compatibility patch?

Does MFVM even know this problem exists?

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did they solve it. If not, why is it unique to me?

 

The problem was solved for me when I added xvisionchildren.esp. I"m off to create a master race of Skychildren that will rule over thalmors and the empire alike.

Posted

The problem is, you are using the MFVM XVision Patch. it is an optional file, not a requirement. You ONLY use it if you are using XVision Children (XVision Children is a completely different mod, not related to SkyKids). Which you are not using (or weren't using before you installed it cause you installed a compatibility patch you didn't need).

 

 

MFVM is a FMOD. When you install it, you select the options that you need. You obviously selected the XVision Patch, without even reading what it required. You ONLY install the XVision Patch if you HAVE XVision Children. Which you didn't have, yet you installed a patch for something you didn't have any ways.

 

So yes, SUM will give you errors because of that. You installed a patch for something you didn't have, thus you are going to have errors of missing masters cause you didn't even have XVision Children, yet you installed a patch for it for no reason.

 

The problem is, you didn't read the instructions when installing MFVM. You just installed everything without reading what any of it did. You don't need the MFVMxivisionPatch.esp AT ALL. That is ONLY if you had XVision Children. Which you didn't even have, so you shouldn't of installed the MFVM XVision Children Patch.

 

This is why you read instructions first. To avoid all this trouble. Simply put, remove XVision Children and remove the MFVM XVision Patch. You didn't need it in the first place cause you didn't have XVision Children, so no idea why you even installed it, unless you didn't bother to read it and just installed everything. I don't know how much more clearer I can make it.

 

 

Sorry if I come off sounding like a jerk about it, but it frustrates me when people don't read instructions and just go willy nilly and install everything. And then give this attitude like they read the instructions and know what they are doing, when you clearly didn't. If you did read everything over and over again, none of this would of happened in the first place.

Posted

The problem is, you are using the MFVM XVision Patch. it is an optional file, not a requirement. You ONLY use it if you are using XVision Children (XVision Children is a completely different mod, not related to SkyKids). Which you are not using (or weren't using before you installed it cause you installed a compatibility patch you didn't need).

 

 

MFVM is a FMOD. When you install it, you select the options that you need. You obviously selected the XVision Patch, without even reading what it required. You ONLY install the XVision Patch if you HAVE XVision Children. Which you didn't have, yet you installed a patch for something you didn't have any ways.

 

So yes, SUM will give you errors because of that. You installed a patch for something you didn't have, thus you are going to have errors of missing masters cause you didn't even have XVision Children, yet you installed a patch for it for no reason.

 

The problem is, you didn't read the instructions when installing MFVM. You just installed everything without reading what any of it did. You don't need the MFVMxivisionPatch.esp AT ALL. That is ONLY if you had XVision Children. Which you didn't even have, so you shouldn't of installed the MFVM XVision Children Patch.

 

This is why you read instructions first. To avoid all this trouble. Simply put, remove XVision Children and remove the MFVM XVision Patch. You didn't need it in the first place cause you didn't have XVision Children, so no idea why you even installed it, unless you didn't bother to read it and just installed everything. I don't know how much more clearer I can make it.

 

 

Sorry if I come off sounding like a jerk about it, but it frustrates me when people don't read instructions and just go willy nilly and install everything. And then give this attitude like they read the instructions and know what they are doing, when you clearly didn't. If you did read everything over and over again, none of this would of happened in the first place.

What matters is, I can now use MFVM now and gain its benefits. en_hawk strongly suggests it and I've used it before with good success. I also use other follower mods. Of course, I'll have to keep an eye out for conflicts with xvisionchildren.esp. I will probrobly even try out the XVision Children mod to see what monstrositys I can create with both that and Skykids. Thanks for your trying to help and even your generalized factual statements. I hope your day gets better.

Posted

The verdict is in. Do not install this mod, yet, if you don't know what your doing. And even then, prepare to learn a lot about other mods. With all the extra mods attached, reading glasses become a must. Suffering from braindeadness from all the reading of all the mods, didn't help either. The ability to handle many tasks at once, is a must. I hate to imagine what en_hawk has been experiencing, putting it together. 

 

Soooo, is the mod worth the headaches?

 

Yes! so far I"ve encountered no in-game problems. I"ve been able to give the children full dialogue and use them as followers. I've had five of them doing my bidding with the help of MFVM. Haven't noticed any conflicts with RCOTS, yet. It seems, many problems that past children mods had, has been fixed. No naked children running around DragonsReach. No black head/body syndrome. It even passes the new guidelines for children mod. Which means Twitch and Youtube will have no problems. Prepare a full day getting the mods up and running. As with all testing, plan for the worst.

 

My thanks to all the effort of past modders and en_hawk that made this mod possible.

Posted

The verdict is in. Do not install this mod, yet, if you don't know what your doing.

 

It isn't a hard mod to install, it's just you need to read instructions before installing it. It is the same as any other mod you install. There is requirements and instructions to ALL mods out there. If you take the time to read them, you won't run into problems.

 

But most people don't want to read. They want to install everything without thinking once, and then complain that it is too hard or broken. Instead of realizing that they made a mistake and admitting to it, and then actually reading what they need to do.

 

 

 

All you had to do was follow the instructions when installing MFVM and not install patches for a mod you didn't even have (XVision Children). But you installed stuff you didn't even need, and then came here wondering why you were having problems when you didn't even take the time to read what you were doing. And instead of removing the XVision Children patch, you went and downloaded XVision Children instead when you didn't need ANY of it in the first place. And you just dealt with it instead of listening to the advice given, telling you to remove it completely because you don't need it at all.

 

 

The mod here is easy to install. It even comes in FMOD format so you can click what options you want and then let it install itself. Simple! But, you have to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS just like with any other mod. The problem you had was your own, not the mod. You didn't want to read anything or follow the simple instructions laid out before you. You grabbed everything and threw it in your folders, hoping for the best, instead of reading what you were installing. If you would of followed the instructions, you would of never had any issues installing this mod.

 

Next time, take the time to read before jumping the gun. Just like with ANY mod, there is a reason author's type out all that description. It's not for fun, it's for you to read and learn before you install their mod so you don't have problems like this.

Posted

 

I'm having a problem installing Skykids with the custom races and using SKArmorPatcher through MO.

 

Yes, I am running SKArmorPatcher through MO. (Run as Executable)

 

When it finishes importing, I click patch. As soon as it gets to the drow file, it tells me that the master file Skykids. esm is missing. I don't know why it's telling me that since I have it enabled in Mod Organizer and I see in in my plugins section.

 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Check in your steam folder location. program files\(x**)\Steam SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data for skykids esm. It has to be there for the SKArmorPatcher to work.

 

I tried the following options after reading this.

 

Put Skykids esm in the data folder. Executed SKArmorPatcher through MO. Failed to load up.

 

Deleted Skykids esm from the data folder. Executed SKArmorPatcher through MO. Loads up, when patching, same message as before appears (Skykids esm missing for drow esm)

 

So it seems having Skykids esm in my data folder and executing through MO won't work for some reason. If I don't execute it through MO, it won't detect the virtual data folder that MO uses.

 

I was also confused as to why you told me that it needed it in the data folder. The virtual data folder that MO makes should have Skykids esm in there. How odd.

 

Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted

Hello,

 

I seem to have made some really bad mistake during the installation of this mod and unfortunately, can't figure out what the mistake is.

I did read the instructions and followed them as best I could, but my english is pretty bad, so it is quite possible that I misunderstood something important.

 

I started off with a clean installation of skyrim and the dlcs. The game is up to date and I cleaned things up using TES5Edit.

 

I also installed the latest versions of SKSE, Race Menu, Racial Compatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard, as well as MFVM and the recommended hair and eye mods, before I went on to install skykids itself.

 

Once skykids was installed, I ran the armor swapper provided and an additional esp was created.

 

I also edited the userlist entries according to the opening post and ran BOSS to get the load order sorted.

 

Afterwards I ran TES5Edit again and when no error messages showed up, attempted to run the game.

 

I ctd the moment I attempt to create a character using a child race. Everything else works fine.

 

This is my load order, nothing else is installed.

 

Update esm
Dawnguard esm
HearthFires esm
Dragonborn esm
ApachiiHair esm
OblivionHairPackAIO esm
RaceCompatibility esm
MFVM esm
Skykids esm
SK Monli Race esm
SK The EyesOfBeauty esm
HighResTexturePack01 esp
HighResTexturePack02 esp
HighResTexturePack03 esp
MFVM_Hearthfire_Patch esp
MFVM_ChildrenFight_Patch esp
RaceMenu esp
RaceMenuPlugin esp
monli preset1 esp
SK Vanilla Child Replacer esp
SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF esp
SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB esp
TheEyesOfBeauty esp
SK Lolydia esp
SK Child Armor Swapper esp
SK ApachiiHair esp
SK OblivionHairPackAIO esp

 

I am a new user, so I have to post it like this. I'm not allowed to add links, attach images or use the spoiler tag yet. My sincerest apologies.

 

 

Posted

If you're crashing while switching to another race, have you tried the ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer? When using multiple hair mods, it can cause crashes in the character creation. This fixes that. Or is it ONLY SkyKids that is crashing? Have you tried to make a vanilla race to see if it is just SkyKids, or all?

 

 

And if you go to your User folder, into AppData/Local/Skyrim/ there is a loadorder.txt file. Copy the contents of that here instead of typing up your load order. Much easier.

Posted

Thank you very much for the fast reply. I gave precache killer a try, but the result was the same. Instant ctd during character creation.

I can create adult characters just fine. Tested them all and switched between them a few times. No crash, no lags. It's just the skykids that cause me to ctd.

 

Here is the complete list of what I have currently installed, this time copied from the loadorder file

 

Skyrim esm
Update esm
Dawnguard esm
HearthFires esm
Dragonborn esm
ApachiiHair esm
OblivionHairPackAIO esm
RaceCompatibility esm
MFVM esm
Skykids esm
SK Monli Race esm
SK TheEyesOfBeauty esm
HighResTexturePack01 esp
HighResTexturePack02 esp
HighResTexturePack03 esp
MFVM_Hearthfire_Patch esp
MFVM_ChildrenFight_Patch esp
RaceMenu esp
RaceMenuPlugin esp
monli preset1 esp
monli preset2 esp
monli preset3 esp
SK Vanilla Child Replacer esp
SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF esp
SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB esp
TheEyesOfBeauty esp
SK Lolydia esp
SK Child Armor Swapper esp
SK ApachiiHair esp
SK OblivionHairPackAIO esp

 

I'm afraid I had to remove all the dots again. If I don't remove them, the forum will complain that I'm not allowed to post links.

Posted

Ah okay. I didn't realize you removed the dots yourself, thought you typed it all out. My mistake.

 

 

Well if it's crashing when you only try to make a SkyKids, it seems it is missing files. Or alternatively, you altered the files that came with the mod (not saying you did, just guessing here as I don't know). Some people use "alternate options" for these types of mods, so if you did, it might be what is causing your issue and we can't help with that as we only provide support for what comes with the mod, not other "custom" stuff. Again, not saying you did, just trying to guess at possibilities since you didn't give this info.

 

Did you install it via NMM or manually? Cause if you did it manually, you might of missed something when you installed (like for instance, the core files like meshes, scripts, and textures which would cause crashes). If you did it via NMM, then unsure why it would crash as it should of installed everything you needed via the installer.

 

Do you have a log file by chance? Papyrus log, showing what happens when you crash? Turn on Papyrus logging and try again, maybe it might help? Not sure if it will, but doesn't hurt to check.

Posted

is there any chance that you could post the "SK Child Armor Swapper" esp as a separate file

Not a chance in hell. Read the manual and perhaps you might find out why.

 

This recent influx of people incapable of RTFM is most aggravating...

Posted

is there any chance that you could post the "SK Child Armor Swapper" esp as a separate file

 

Umm that file is created via the SkyProc patcher. There is no way it could be posted here, unless someone used the EXACT same load order and mods that you used.

 

It is custom made to your mod list/load order. Everyone's SK Child Armor Swapper.esp is tuned to their own Skyrim install.

 

 

 

If you are having issues with the SkyProc patcher, tell us here and we'll try to assist.

Posted

I can't generate SK Child Amrr Swapper file, and I get crash when I try to launch skyrim, please help, I launch armor patcher and nothing happens, i just can see cmd window for one second

Posted

I did as you said, and created a papyrus log following a guide. Thankfully, the issue was so glaringly obvious, that even an amateur like me could tell what was wrong immediately.

 

Everything is fixed now and the mod works perfectly! Thank you very much for sharing it.

 

My ctd problem was caused by a bunch of missing files that the game attempted to load until it eventually crashed. Verifiying the integrity of the game cache and redownloading what was missing fixed it. Completely my fault for forgetting to verify everything following installation.

Posted

I can't generate SK Child Amrr Swapper file, and I get crash when I try to launch skyrim, please help, I launch armor patcher and nothing happens, i just can see cmd window for one second

 

First, post load order. We can't troubleshoot your issue without knowing what you have installed that might be causing problems.

 

If you are crashing at startup, it is usually 99% because you are missing a master file for a mod. It could be anything at all, not just SkyKids. Thus why you need to post your load order for us to figure it out.

 

 

All SkyProc patchers require Java. Which you would of known if you had read the instructions. If nothing is happening when you click it, you probably don't have Java installed. Download Java (link is on the front page) then try again.

Posted

I did as you said, and created a papyrus log following a guide. Thankfully, the issue was so glaringly obvious, that even an amateur like me could tell what was wrong immediately.

 

Everything is fixed now and the mod works perfectly! Thank you very much for sharing it.

 

My ctd problem was caused by a bunch of missing files that the game attempted to load until it eventually crashed. Verifiying the integrity of the game cache and redownloading what was missing fixed it. Completely my fault for forgetting to verify everything following installation.

 

Glad you got it working. :)

Posted

 

The verdict is in. Do not install this mod, yet, if you don't know what your doing.

 

It isn't a hard mod to install, it's just you need to read instructions before installing it. It is the same as any other mod you install. There is requirements and instructions to ALL mods out there. If you take the time to read them, you won't run into problems.

 

But most people don't want to read. They want to install everything without thinking once, and then complain that it is too hard or broken. Instead of realizing that they made a mistake and admitting to it, and then actually reading what they need to do.

 

 

 

All you had to do was follow the instructions when installing MFVM and not install patches for a mod you didn't even have (XVision Children). But you installed stuff you didn't even need, and then came here wondering why you were having problems when you didn't even take the time to read what you were doing. And instead of removing the XVision Children patch, you went and downloaded XVision Children instead when you didn't need ANY of it in the first place. And you just dealt with it instead of listening to the advice given, telling you to remove it completely because you don't need it at all.

 

 

The mod here is easy to install. It even comes in FMOD format so you can click what options you want and then let it install itself. Simple! But, you have to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS just like with any other mod. The problem you had was your own, not the mod. You didn't want to read anything or follow the simple instructions laid out before you. You grabbed everything and threw it in your folders, hoping for the best, instead of reading what you were installing. If you would of followed the instructions, you would of never had any issues installing this mod.

 

Next time, take the time to read before jumping the gun. Just like with ANY mod, there is a reason author's type out all that description. It's not for fun, it's for you to read and learn before you install their mod so you don't have problems like this.

 

His point is valid and a good message for all.

Posted

 

 

I'm having a problem installing Skykids with the custom races and using SKArmorPatcher through MO.

 

Yes, I am running SKArmorPatcher through MO. (Run as Executable)

 

When it finishes importing, I click patch. As soon as it gets to the drow file, it tells me that the master file Skykids. esm is missing. I don't know why it's telling me that since I have it enabled in Mod Organizer and I see in in my plugins section.

 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Check in your steam folder location. program files\(x**)\Steam SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data for skykids esm. It has to be there for the SKArmorPatcher to work.

 

I tried the following options after reading this.

 

Put Skykids esm in the data folder. Executed SKArmorPatcher through MO. Failed to load up.

 

Deleted Skykids esm from the data folder. Executed SKArmorPatcher through MO. Loads up, when patching, same message as before appears (Skykids esm missing for drow esm)

 

So it seems having Skykids esm in my data folder and executing through MO won't work for some reason. If I don't execute it through MO, it won't detect the virtual data folder that MO uses.

 

I was also confused as to why you told me that it needed it in the data folder. The virtual data folder that MO makes should have Skykids esm in there. How odd.

 

Anyone have any suggestions?

 

The Mod Manager, I use, needs it in the data folder. Please read further up, SpyderArachnid is talking about the armor swapper. If your problems is still not solved, check at the MO site. They are better at handling Mod Organizer. I have little experience with that mod.

Posted

Yes it is, well, kind of. But mostly, yes.

 

 

RS Children and SkyKids are both standalone. They won't affect each other.

 

Only one thing though.

 

They both replace the default children in the game. RS Children's replacer is built into the mod, BUT the one for SkyKids is a separate addon. So you can run RS Children and SkyKids, but DO NOT use the child replacer for SkyKids. Stick to the one with RS Children, cause it is built into the main mod, not a separate addon like it is for SkyKids. They will conflict if you try to use both. But you can use both playable races side by side with no problems.

Posted

Thank you, SpyderArachnid! What a enjoyable mod this is turning out to be.

I cannot even imagine playing the vanilla Skyrim! 

 

Loverslab is turning out to be quite fun too!  :rolleyes:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...