Jump to content

[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Yeah, we talked about it already before he did it(and I'm cool with it). I really dislike the nexus, for many different reasons. Out of laziness, I'll just quote myself:

I'd tread carefully if you do that, the nexus'(aka fascists r us) policies on 'content use' differ significantly from my own(a tad toward the liberal end of the spectrum). For whatever reason, the modding scene seems to bring out the biggest whiny bitches with entitlement complexes, and the nexus has done nothing but play to that. Everything I use in SK is properly credited and attributed(in the thread on LL), and proper credit is something I feel very strongly about, but that matters not to the assholes over on the nexus; if some jackass speaks up, they could very well ban you on the spot(as they're fascist, tyrannical fucks).

I'd like to see SK on the nexus at some point, but sadly I just don't see it happening in its present state(see above). That being said, I do have a few ideas in the pipe for potential solutions to this issue, however I've just been lacking in motivation lately(ok honestly, been lacking in motivation for a good long while now...) so they haven't really gotten out of the planning phase. Maybe someday...

Posted

Cool deal, and sorry if I came off harsh about it. Wasn't my intentions. Just glad to see SkyKids getting more support. :)

 

 

And yeah, I too would like to see this eventually make it's way to the Nexus. The best playable child race out there in my opinion, and replaces the potato kids to boot. Plus thanks to the patcher, it works with any armor mod, unlike other custom races.

 

Thanks though for the ETaC patch. Definitely one I was needing with the new update. I'm too lazy myself to make a patch for it, so glad you did it. :P

Posted

Cool deal, and sorry if I came off harsh about it. Wasn't my intentions. Just glad to see SkyKids getting more support. :)

 

 

And yeah, I too would like to see this eventually make it's way to the Nexus. The best playable child race out there in my opinion, and replaces the potato kids to boot. Plus thanks to the patcher, it works with any armor mod, unlike other custom races.

 

Thanks though for the ETaC patch. Definitely one I was needing with the new update. I'm too lazy myself to make a patch for it, so glad you did it. :P

 

The nice thing about the way I did it this time is you will not have to make a new patch when they release an updated version as long as they do not add more kids in.

Posted

 

Cool deal, and sorry if I came off harsh about it. Wasn't my intentions. Just glad to see SkyKids getting more support. :)

 

 

And yeah, I too would like to see this eventually make it's way to the Nexus. The best playable child race out there in my opinion, and replaces the potato kids to boot. Plus thanks to the patcher, it works with any armor mod, unlike other custom races.

 

Thanks though for the ETaC patch. Definitely one I was needing with the new update. I'm too lazy myself to make a patch for it, so glad you did it. :P

 

The nice thing about the way I did it this time is you will not have to make a new patch when they release an updated version as long as they do not add more kids in.

 

 

Cool deal.

 

Though I ran into a snag with it. Installed it, and now my game won't start. Just hangs on the intro screen. No fog, no text, just the emblem sitting there. Disabled it, and game started up again normally. It's not crashing or anything, just won't start. Just sits there, frozen.

 

I have all the requirements for it, so not sure why it would stall my game from starting up. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I've got it disabled for now until I figure out why it is freezing my game once I start it up.

 

Posted

I can't see why this can't go onto nexus, not that I would want it too, there's nothing inappropriate about it unless you include killing little kids.

I may have used assets from some other mods that may or may not have said something to the effect of "I'm a whiny bitch, you cant use any of my stuff in anything for any reason, so there"; nexus doesn't care about proper credit and attribution, they've got all this stupid 'modders rights' bullshit drilled into everyone's heads. See my above quote for more detail.
Posted

 

 

The nice thing about the way I did it this time is you will not have to make a new patch when they release an updated version as long as they do not add more kids in.

 

 

Cool deal.

 

Though I ran into a snag with it. Installed it, and now my game won't start. Just hangs on the intro screen. No fog, no text, just the emblem sitting there. Disabled it, and game started up again normally. It's not crashing or anything, just won't start. Just sits there, frozen.

 

I have all the requirements for it, so not sure why it would stall my game from starting up. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I've got it disabled for now until I figure out why it is freezing my game once I start it up.

 

 

Since I don't actually run ETaC, I can't really test it.

 

But it only edits the children.

 

Just looked at it in Tes5Edit and the children are the only edits in the mod.

Posted

 

I can't see why this can't go onto nexus, not that I would want it too, there's nothing inappropriate about it unless you include killing little kids.

I may have used assets from some other mods that may or may not have said something to the effect of "I'm a whiny bitch, you cant use any of my stuff in anything for any reason, so there"; nexus doesn't care about proper credit and attribution, they've got all this stupid 'modders rights' bullshit drilled into everyone's heads. See my above quote for more detail.

 

Ok, now I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Posted

So, I was wondering if it would be at all possible to make the child races be regarded as their adult parent race. For example, when you first go to Windhelm and that Dark Elf is being harassed. It bothers me that they don't recognize that I too am a dark elf, even if a child one. I really know nothing about modding, but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to work out, so I'm interested in what you have to say, if that's something planned for the future, or why it would be more trouble than it's worth. Thanks in advance!

Posted

So, I was wondering if it would be at all possible to make the child races be regarded as their adult parent race. For example, when you first go to Windhelm and that Dark Elf is being harassed. It bothers me that they don't recognize that I too am a dark elf, even if a child one. I really know nothing about modding, but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to work out, so I'm interested in what you have to say, if that's something planned for the future, or why it would be more trouble than it's worth. Thanks in advance!

I don't have my 'canned answer' to this on hand, so I'll be brief. Basically doing what you ask would require an entirely new large-scale mod built ontop of racial compatibility, that overrides every single static race check in all of the vanilla dialog and quests to instead look for the RC racial proxy keywords. Needless to say it would be a colossal undertaking, and a royal pain in the ass. Would it be cool? certainly, but its beyond the scope of SK.
Posted

I installed the mod and most things work for me so far - with one exception. The Hearthfire clothes (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Child's_Clothes) don't show up (e.g. on my adopted children). The other clothes work fine, but not these. I installed all requirements and used also BOSS and SKArmorPatcher. Can somebody help?

It's a known bug, I just haven't got around to fixing it yet, keep forgetting.
Posted

are there any plans to add some children in various places that come from the various other races? you've done a fine job in creating the models etc, but it would be awesome to see some kids about that could be adopted etc :)

 

is there a verion that doesn't add them as a playable race? (I assume if they were not added as a playable race, the race compatibility mod wouldnt be needed?)

Posted

are there any plans to add some children in various places that come from the various other races? you've done a fine job in creating the models etc, but it would be awesome to see some kids about that could be adopted etc :)

 

is there a verion that doesn't add them as a playable race? (I assume if they were not added as a playable race, the race compatibility mod wouldnt be needed?)

To answer the second half of your question; yes, at some point the races are going to be flagged non-playable by default. However, racial compatibility is always going to be a requirement, as there is no reason for anyone to not be running it in their game.
Posted

Not sure how to run the skyproc. I see it in data folders but see no option on how to exe it.

You didn't read the manual. You need to install java, there's a link to the download... in the manual, under required programs.
Posted

have a strange one, most kids seem to be absolutely fine, but sofia (urchin in windhelm that sells flowers) isn't wearing clothes... any ideas what might cause her (and only her) to be like that?

Posted

have a strange one, most kids seem to be absolutely fine, but sofia (urchin in windhelm that sells flowers) isn't wearing clothes... any ideas what might cause her (and only her) to be like that?

Open the console, select her, and run 'resurrect', see if that fixes it.
Posted

that didn't work, but I tested using AFT to make her a follower and found she had no clothes in inventory, when i gave her the outfit my (non child) dark elf had been wearing it appeared on her fine. very odd. wonder if its related to one of the sky kids patches somehow.

Posted

You will probably find that she was assigned childrens clothing for some weird reason.

 

I run into it on my game as well and usually end up using the console to give here adult clothing and making her equip it.

Posted

Yeah as she is part of the Hearthfire addon, she might of been wearing the Hearthfire Children's Clothes, which are not visible on SkyKids. A small glitch is all. Just use the console to give her something to wear and it will be fine.

 

Like for instance open the console, click on her, and type: additem 3452e 1  (basic clothes). Then type: equipitem 3452e 1. And that should toss some clothes on her.

Posted

I'm having a problem installing Skykids with the custom races and using SKArmorPatcher through MO.

 

Yes, I am running SKArmorPatcher through MO. (Run as Executable)

 

When it finishes importing, I click patch. As soon as it gets to the drow file, it tells me that the master file Skykids. esm is missing. I don't know why it's telling me that since I have it enabled in Mod Organizer and I see in in my plugins section.

 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks :D

Posted

 

Not sure how to run the skyproc. I see it in data folders but see no option on how to exe it.

You didn't read the manual. You need to install java, there's a link to the download... in the manual, under required programs.

 

Please, en_hawk. I"ve spent over 6 hours now trying to get this to work. I"ve been keeping tabs on this since you picked it up. I did read and read the manuals. Over and Over. Your right. This is a new computer. Forgot that Microsoft don't install java automatically. Behead them, I say. Thank you for your response.

 

The problems are arising out of the use of other mods.

1. Loot is the answer. Boss is one gigantic headache. Owned by Microsoft or Nexus?

2. Install skykids after installing the hair, eye and MFVM mods.**see below** SUM will check for them.

       a. MFVM - Make sure you follow the instructions for that mod and any other mod installed.

           Problems -  Installed it. Ran SUM. Error message states "MFVMxvisionPatch.esp has some missing masters: -xvisionchildren.esp. SUM can't continue. The xvisionchildren.esp plugin doesn't exist.

3. Skyproc - Make sure java is installed. Use the links supplied by en_hawk. Make sure you download the correct version of Java (example - 32.bit/86.bit blab blab. Use the online .exe file on the  download page for simple installation. Go buy a second fucking monitor.

   a. It needs SUM.

 

Were I"m at now.  Problems -  Installed it. Ran LOOT and then SUM. Error message states "MFVMxvisionPatch.esp has some missing masters: -xvisionchildren.esp. SUM can't continue. The xvisionchildren.esp plugin doesn't exist.

 

Everything is installed. I don't want to install the xvision children mod on the nexus. I may be able to find an old version of the file. 

 

Found an old version of xvisionchildren.esp. Trying Loot and then SUM, again.

 

It worked. Now will try to play.

 

It loaded up. Hope to get back with good news. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...