ChipyChops Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 Thanks Johann, look forward to giving it a try.
MidbossVyers Posted August 3, 2014 Posted August 3, 2014 Have there been many motions to have child voices? I would imagine the tediousness of getting voices for all races, so to start off, how about just 1 for boys and 1 for girls?
Rez Delnava Posted August 3, 2014 Posted August 3, 2014 There was some voice packs many pages back, posted by JerWA. If I recall correctly, one was a young female voice, and another was a very gender-neutral tone, and I think someone even adapted the voices from CotSR2. More recently, there was a link to a mod on the Nexus for a young Elf voice (that sounds very much like Legend of Zelda's Link). If you or anyone else has voice samples, i could probably package them to work for SK. (I would just need some time to remember how to use the FUZ tool and what file paths the SK voices are using). I can even do a little sample snipping if someone has longer samples to trim into the VO snippets (but please don't ask me to do any frequency or pitch adjustments, they're a pain).
ukerin Posted August 3, 2014 Posted August 3, 2014 Ok, so after testing out RSChildren, I decided the only things I actually like from it are the hair styles and the armor. Anyone have an idea how to get just that into the game for Skykids (specifically for males, but in general getting the hair to work would be awesome)? On a a note about LOOT. I am running 220 mods on my main build which combines parts of S.T.E.P. Core and Extended, R.E.G.S. and a couple of S.T.E.P. packs (Immersive Survival, Weather). It also runs my 'must have' mods which don't fall under those categories. LOOT was able to sort the entire list on the first try with no crashing issues (unless I was trying to crash it, like by toggling options in the menu on and off really fast, but that isn't Skykids causing that).
Spyder Arachnid Posted August 3, 2014 Posted August 3, 2014 Hi all, please, what's the name of this armor? Wrong thread........ http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19128-what-mod-is-this-non-adult-skyrim-edition/
MidbossVyers Posted August 4, 2014 Posted August 4, 2014 I'm not sure about fighting sounds, but I recall reading somewhere that vanilla Skyrim actually had death sounds for both boys and girls on file but were never used for obvious reasons. Are those usable here?
TamAmaruk Posted August 6, 2014 Posted August 6, 2014 Hi everyone. thanks for this great mod. It is a pleasure to play skyrim as a woodelf child :-) Everything works just out-of-the box after a clean install following the instruction in post #1. But now I wanted some more armors and installed Hothtroopers "Immersive Armors". After that I used the SK Armor Patcher and generated a patch. By adding some custom rules to BOSS I ensured, all armor related mods will be loaded before the generated Patch from SK Armor Patcher. But now I have an issue with all armors from the "Immersive Armors" (and some other Loincloth-Armor I also downloaded). There is a gap / space between the neck and the body (see pictures). Original armors works perfectly. I understood, that the SK Armor Patcher would take care of this. Or am I mistaken ? Maybe someone can explain or push me into the right direction to get those work. I really would like those loincloth armors.... On the pictures the smaller, dark skinned boy is the NPC Kayd (from the shop in Solitude). The taller one with the bandana is my player character, a woodelf-child. Both are wearing the same armor. Here is my mod-list: Any help is heartly welcome. Greets Tam // EDIT: I just found a page within this thread, that I must have missed, mentioning "Immersive Armors". But I can not get a clue from that and am a bit confused... So I change my cry for help to a simple question: Does the SK armor patcher take care of armor mods or not ?
Spyder Arachnid Posted August 6, 2014 Posted August 6, 2014 The armor patcher just allows armor mods to work on SkyKids. A lot of custom armors won't work on custom races in general. The armor patcher for SkyKids changes that and allows them to work for SkyKids. The problem you are having is the mesh for those armors, are not designed to fit the SkyKids body. Until someone converts those armors in Immersive Armors to use the SkyKids body, then there will be a gap there cause the SkyKids are using a different body than Immersive Armors uses. Currently, all the vanilla armors (or most if not all) of them have been converted to fit the SkyKids body. Thus why they work fine. But in order to have any other armor fit the SkyKids body, someone needs to adapt that armor to the SkyKids body. Otherwise it will use whatever default body that armor was designed for. I believe Immersive Armors uses the default vanilla male body as a base, so your SkyKids will be using that as well until it is converted to the SkyKids body. Thus why you see the seams everywhere. Hope that explains it.
johann7124 Posted August 7, 2014 Posted August 7, 2014 Updated Skykids Hostile NPC mod. Skykids Hostile NPC
MidbossVyers Posted August 7, 2014 Posted August 7, 2014 Are amulets supposed to show up when you wear them with the Falmer armor? Currently, they do not. Rings are fine, but amulets do not show up despite the armor being an "open skin" (like Ancient Nord armor) type of armor. FYI, amulets do show up whilst wearing Ancient Nord armor. Obviously, if showing amulets causes some kind of clipping issue, then never mind, but I just thought you might want to know.
TamAmaruk Posted August 7, 2014 Posted August 7, 2014 The armor patcher just allows armor mods to work on SkyKids. A lot of custom armors won't work on custom races in general. The armor patcher for SkyKids changes that and allows them to work for SkyKids. The problem you are having is the mesh for those armors, are not designed to fit the SkyKids body. Until someone converts those armors in Immersive Armors to use the SkyKids body, then there will be a gap there cause the SkyKids are using a different body than Immersive Armors uses. Currently, all the vanilla armors (or most if not all) of them have been converted to fit the SkyKids body. Thus why they work fine. But in order to have any other armor fit the SkyKids body, someone needs to adapt that armor to the SkyKids body. Otherwise it will use whatever default body that armor was designed for. I believe Immersive Armors uses the default vanilla male body as a base, so your SkyKids will be using that as well until it is converted to the SkyKids body. Thus why you see the seams everywhere. Hope that explains it. Many thanks for your explanaition. It makes things clearer. Until now I thought, the SK armor patcher will do such kind of "adapt-the-armor-to-skykids-magic". But if I understand you right, it just kind of "enables" armor mods to be recognised by SK, so the Kids would not be naked if equiped with such an armor. Due to the fact I cannot do the conversion myself, I can only add it to the "big growing wishlist" and hopefully wait for someone capable to throw himself into work Maybe someone can advise some bare-chested male armor (other than the vanilla fur armor) that just works with SK? Would be much appreciated... Just out of couriosity: What body mesh is SK using / based on? Maybe if I can find some armor fitted for that "base-body mesh" it hopefully may work... Or is it some complete own design (if so: much respect...) ? Greets Tam
johann7124 Posted August 7, 2014 Posted August 7, 2014 The armor patcher just allows armor mods to work on SkyKids. A lot of custom armors won't work on custom races in general. The armor patcher for SkyKids changes that and allows them to work for SkyKids. The problem you are having is the mesh for those armors, are not designed to fit the SkyKids body. Until someone converts those armors in Immersive Armors to use the SkyKids body, then there will be a gap there cause the SkyKids are using a different body than Immersive Armors uses. Currently, all the vanilla armors (or most if not all) of them have been converted to fit the SkyKids body. Thus why they work fine. But in order to have any other armor fit the SkyKids body, someone needs to adapt that armor to the SkyKids body. Otherwise it will use whatever default body that armor was designed for. I believe Immersive Armors uses the default vanilla male body as a base, so your SkyKids will be using that as well until it is converted to the SkyKids body. Thus why you see the seams everywhere. Hope that explains it. Many thanks for your explanaition. It makes things clearer. Until now I thought, the SK armor patcher will do such kind of "adapt-the-armor-to-skykids-magic". But if I understand you right, it just kind of "enables" armor mods to be recognised by SK, so the Kids would not be naked if equiped with such an armor. Due to the fact I cannot do the conversion myself, I can only add it to the "big growing wishlist" and hopefully wait for someone capable to throw himself into work Maybe someone can advise some bare-chested male armor (other than the vanilla fur armor) that just works with SK? Would be much appreciated... Just out of couriosity: What body mesh is SK using / based on? Maybe if I can find some armor fitted for that "base-body mesh" it hopefully may work... Or is it some complete own design (if so: much respect...) ? Greets Tam You could probably use the meshes out of this mod. http://www.loverslab.com/files/download/602-child-males-armorpack-replacement-body-replacement/ Just replace the meshes that are included with the SK armor pack.
LordPrettyPie Posted August 8, 2014 Posted August 8, 2014 Alright, so, I've been working at it for about five hours now, and I've followed the directions the best I can, but I still can't get the Armor Patcher to work. Whenever I run it, I keep getting the message: "This patcher requires the following mods, please add them to your load order: Skykids. esm"The problem is, I do have Skykids. esm in my load order already. I've even played for a bit, though all the clothing and armor I tried to wear failed to show up. I just don't know what to do at this point.I'm really impressed with this mod, and want nothing more than to try it for myself, so hopefully y'all can help me out here.Please and thank you.
johann7124 Posted August 8, 2014 Posted August 8, 2014 Alright, so, I've been working at it for about five hours now, and I've followed the directions the best I can, but I still can't get the Armor Patcher to work. Whenever I run it, I keep getting the message: "This patcher requires the following mods, please add them to your load order: Skykids. esm" The problem is, I do have Skykids. esm in my load order already. I've even played for a bit, though all the clothing and armor I tried to wear failed to show up. I just don't know what to do at this point. I'm really impressed with this mod, and want nothing more than to try it for myself, so hopefully y'all can help me out here. Please and thank you. Are you using Mod Organizer for your game? If so, you need to launch the patcher via MO.
LordPrettyPie Posted August 8, 2014 Posted August 8, 2014 Alright, so, I've been working at it for about five hours now, and I've followed the directions the best I can, but I still can't get the Armor Patcher to work. Whenever I run it, I keep getting the message: "This patcher requires the following mods, please add them to your load order: Skykids. esm" The problem is, I do have Skykids. esm in my load order already. I've even played for a bit, though all the clothing and armor I tried to wear failed to show up. I just don't know what to do at this point. I'm really impressed with this mod, and want nothing more than to try it for myself, so hopefully y'all can help me out here. Please and thank you. Are you using Mod Organizer for your game? If so, you need to launch the patcher via MO. Nope, no Mod Organizer. Not that I know of, anyhow. That sounds like something I'd remember, right?
TamAmaruk Posted August 8, 2014 Posted August 8, 2014 The armor patcher just allows armor mods to work on SkyKids. A lot of custom armors won't work on custom races in general. The armor patcher for SkyKids changes that and allows them to work for SkyKids. The problem you are having is the mesh for those armors, are not designed to fit the SkyKids body. Until someone converts those armors in Immersive Armors to use the SkyKids body, then there will be a gap there cause the SkyKids are using a different body than Immersive Armors uses. Currently, all the vanilla armors (or most if not all) of them have been converted to fit the SkyKids body. Thus why they work fine. But in order to have any other armor fit the SkyKids body, someone needs to adapt that armor to the SkyKids body. Otherwise it will use whatever default body that armor was designed for. I believe Immersive Armors uses the default vanilla male body as a base, so your SkyKids will be using that as well until it is converted to the SkyKids body. Thus why you see the seams everywhere. Hope that explains it. Many thanks for your explanaition. It makes things clearer. Until now I thought, the SK armor patcher will do such kind of "adapt-the-armor-to-skykids-magic". But if I understand you right, it just kind of "enables" armor mods to be recognised by SK, so the Kids would not be naked if equiped with such an armor. Due to the fact I cannot do the conversion myself, I can only add it to the "big growing wishlist" and hopefully wait for someone capable to throw himself into work Maybe someone can advise some bare-chested male armor (other than the vanilla fur armor) that just works with SK? Would be much appreciated... Just out of couriosity: What body mesh is SK using / based on? Maybe if I can find some armor fitted for that "base-body mesh" it hopefully may work... Or is it some complete own design (if so: much respect...) ? Greets Tam You could probably use the meshes out of this mod. http://www.loverslab.com/files/download/602-child-males-armorpack-replacement-body-replacement/ Just replace the meshes that are included with the SK armor pack. Ahhh, maybe you put me on the right scent but the saddle on the wrong horse. As I wrote before, I am no modder. Hence I do not really know anything about meshes except that they exist and are somehow a representation of the in-game object. So your hint seems useful, but I do not know how to "replace the meshed that are included with the SK armor pack". I am afraid of breaking something. Sorry for beeing a fool... Besides the authors of SK seems to have imagined something on how the things are done. Greets Tam
kettchup Posted August 9, 2014 Posted August 9, 2014 So first off, thank you for making this mod. I'm a lurker in a lot of forums and I know there are probably a lot of people that just download, so I wanted to say thanks! I had a working version of this mod waaaaay back before it used the SkyProc patcher and loved it, but now I'm having issues with it. It keeps telling me to make sure Skykids.esm is in my load list and active, like LordPrettyPie, but it is. I promise! I even did the BOSS userlist and everything. Here's my loadorder, pulled straight from BOSS: Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espApachiiHair.esmRaceCompatibility.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmETaC - RESOURCES.esmSkykids.esmSK Monli Race.esmSK Drow Child Race.esmSPERG.esmHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espRaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.espClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.espPersonalizedMusic_v5.0.espPersonalizedMusic - NoVanillaMusic_v5.0.espPM_TempleMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.espPM_TempleMusic_v1.0.espPM_TownUniqueMusic_v1.0.espPM_TownUniqueMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.espPM_PlayerHomeMusic_v1.0 .espPM_DwemerMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.espPM_DwemerMusic_DBUpdate_v1.0.espPM_DragonbornMusic_NoVanilla_v1.1.espPM_DawnguardMusic_v1.0.espPM_BlackreachMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.espPM_PlayerHomeMusic_DB_v1.0.espPM_PlayerHomeMusic_NoVanilla_v1.1.espPM_DawnguardMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.espPM_DragonbornMusic_v1.1.espPM_CollegeMusic_v1.0.espPM_DwemerMusic_v1.0.espPM_PlayerHomeMusic_NoVanilla_DB_v1.0.espPM_DwemerMusic_NoVanilla_DBUpdate_v1.0.espPM_BlackreachMusic_v1.0.espSFD_NumericQuality.espBLEED.espSkyrim Flora Overhaul.espSkyUI.espToad's Tera.espDeadlyDragons.espDeadlyDragonsArmory.espDeadlyMonsters.espHearthfire Cheat Chests.espWeightless Skyrim - All (USKP).espWeightless Dragonborn - All.espWeightless SPERG - All.espWeightless Alternate Start.espWeightless Dawnguard - All.espWeightless Hearthfire - All.espWeightless WATER Plants.espBook Covers Skyrim.espBounty Gold.espNoLeveledItemRewards.espSFO - Dragonborn.espmonli preset1.espmonli preset2.espmonli preset3.espSK Vanilla Child Replacer.espSK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.espSK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.espETaC - Complete.espETaC - Smelters.espETaC - Dragon Bridge South.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.espClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.espClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-1.espUnblockActivateNoWereNoMap.espForgottenMagic_Redone.espSPERG.espSPERG-DG.espSPERG-DB.espWerewolf Loot- Dawnguard version.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espWATER - Sir Crabalot Returns.espAlternate Start - Live Another Life.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espWATER.espWATER Plants.espWATER DG.espWATER DB Waves.espBarenziahQuestMarkers.espWeightless Deadly Dragons Armory - All.espClimatesOfTamriel-Sound-Dawnguard-Patch.espBTRH_Waifu.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.espSkyFalls Dragonborn Small waterfalls.espSK ApachiiHair.esp I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, and I know I have a lot of mods but currently everything works, no CTD anywhere... the children of the world are all just naked/in their underwear, and it's gotta be cold in a lot of those locations. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
taiolu Posted August 9, 2014 Posted August 9, 2014 So first off, thank you for making this mod. I'm a lurker in a lot of forums and I know there are probably a lot of people that just download, so I wanted to say thanks! I had a working version of this mod waaaaay back before it used the SkyProc patcher and loved it, but now I'm having issues with it. It keeps telling me to make sure Skykids.esm is in my load list and active, like LordPrettyPie, but it is. I promise! I even did the BOSS userlist and everything. Here's my loadorder, pulled straight from BOSS: Skyrim.esm Update.esm Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Dawnguard.esm Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp HearthFires.esm Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Dragonborn.esm Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp ApachiiHair.esm RaceCompatibility.esm ClimatesOfTamriel.esm ETaC - RESOURCES.esm Skykids.esm SK Monli Race.esm SK Drow Child Race.esm SPERG.esm HighResTexturePack01.esp HighResTexturePack02.esp HighResTexturePack03.esp RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp PersonalizedMusic_v5.0.esp PersonalizedMusic - NoVanillaMusic_v5.0.esp PM_TempleMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.esp PM_TempleMusic_v1.0.esp PM_TownUniqueMusic_v1.0.esp PM_TownUniqueMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.esp PM_PlayerHomeMusic_v1.0 .esp PM_DwemerMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.esp PM_DwemerMusic_DBUpdate_v1.0.esp PM_DragonbornMusic_NoVanilla_v1.1.esp PM_DawnguardMusic_v1.0.esp PM_BlackreachMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.esp PM_PlayerHomeMusic_DB_v1.0.esp PM_PlayerHomeMusic_NoVanilla_v1.1.esp PM_DawnguardMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.esp PM_DragonbornMusic_v1.1.esp PM_CollegeMusic_v1.0.esp PM_DwemerMusic_v1.0.esp PM_PlayerHomeMusic_NoVanilla_DB_v1.0.esp PM_DwemerMusic_NoVanilla_DBUpdate_v1.0.esp PM_BlackreachMusic_v1.0.esp SFD_NumericQuality.esp BLEED.esp Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp SkyUI.esp Toad's Tera.esp DeadlyDragons.esp DeadlyDragonsArmory.esp DeadlyMonsters.esp Hearthfire Cheat Chests.esp Weightless Skyrim - All (USKP).esp Weightless Dragonborn - All.esp Weightless SPERG - All.esp Weightless Alternate Start.esp Weightless Dawnguard - All.esp Weightless Hearthfire - All.esp Weightless WATER Plants.esp Book Covers Skyrim.esp Bounty Gold.esp NoLeveledItemRewards.esp SFO - Dragonborn.esp monli preset1.esp monli preset2.esp monli preset3.esp SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.esp SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.esp ETaC - Complete.esp ETaC - Smelters.esp ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-1.esp UnblockActivateNoWereNoMap.esp ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp SPERG.esp SPERG-DG.esp SPERG-DB.esp Werewolf Loot- Dawnguard version.esp dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp WATER - Sir Crabalot Returns.esp Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp WATER.esp WATER Plants.esp WATER DG.esp WATER DB Waves.esp BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp Weightless Deadly Dragons Armory - All.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound-Dawnguard-Patch.esp BTRH_Waifu.esp SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp SkyFalls Dragonborn Small waterfalls.esp SK ApachiiHair.esp I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, and I know I have a lot of mods but currently everything works, no CTD anywhere... the children of the world are all just naked/in their underwear, and it's gotta be cold in a lot of those locations. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. The SK armor patcher esp isn't there
LordPrettyPie Posted August 10, 2014 Posted August 10, 2014 So first off, thank you for making this mod. I'm a lurker in a lot of forums and I know there are probably a lot of people that just download, so I wanted to say thanks! I had a working version of this mod waaaaay back before it used the SkyProc patcher and loved it, but now I'm having issues with it. It keeps telling me to make sure Skykids.esm is in my load list and active, like LordPrettyPie, but it is. I promise! I even did the BOSS userlist and everything. Here's my loadorder, pulled straight from BOSS: Skyrim.esm Update.esm Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Dawnguard.esm Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp HearthFires.esm Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Dragonborn.esm Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp ApachiiHair.esm RaceCompatibility.esm ClimatesOfTamriel.esm ETaC - RESOURCES.esm Skykids.esm SK Monli Race.esm SK Drow Child Race.esm SPERG.esm HighResTexturePack01.esp HighResTexturePack02.esp HighResTexturePack03.esp RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp PersonalizedMusic_v5.0.esp PersonalizedMusic - NoVanillaMusic_v5.0.esp PM_TempleMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.esp PM_TempleMusic_v1.0.esp PM_TownUniqueMusic_v1.0.esp PM_TownUniqueMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.esp PM_PlayerHomeMusic_v1.0 .esp PM_DwemerMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.esp PM_DwemerMusic_DBUpdate_v1.0.esp PM_DragonbornMusic_NoVanilla_v1.1.esp PM_DawnguardMusic_v1.0.esp PM_BlackreachMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.esp PM_PlayerHomeMusic_DB_v1.0.esp PM_PlayerHomeMusic_NoVanilla_v1.1.esp PM_DawnguardMusic_NoVanilla_v1.0.esp PM_DragonbornMusic_v1.1.esp PM_CollegeMusic_v1.0.esp PM_DwemerMusic_v1.0.esp PM_PlayerHomeMusic_NoVanilla_DB_v1.0.esp PM_DwemerMusic_NoVanilla_DBUpdate_v1.0.esp PM_BlackreachMusic_v1.0.esp SFD_NumericQuality.esp BLEED.esp Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp SkyUI.esp Toad's Tera.esp DeadlyDragons.esp DeadlyDragonsArmory.esp DeadlyMonsters.esp Hearthfire Cheat Chests.esp Weightless Skyrim - All (USKP).esp Weightless Dragonborn - All.esp Weightless SPERG - All.esp Weightless Alternate Start.esp Weightless Dawnguard - All.esp Weightless Hearthfire - All.esp Weightless WATER Plants.esp Book Covers Skyrim.esp Bounty Gold.esp NoLeveledItemRewards.esp SFO - Dragonborn.esp monli preset1.esp monli preset2.esp monli preset3.esp SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp SK Vanilla Child Replacer HF.esp SK Vanilla Child Replacer DB.esp ETaC - Complete.esp ETaC - Smelters.esp ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-1.esp UnblockActivateNoWereNoMap.esp ForgottenMagic_Redone.esp SPERG.esp SPERG-DG.esp SPERG-DB.esp Werewolf Loot- Dawnguard version.esp dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp WATER - Sir Crabalot Returns.esp Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp WATER.esp WATER Plants.esp WATER DG.esp WATER DB Waves.esp BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp Weightless Deadly Dragons Armory - All.esp ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound-Dawnguard-Patch.esp BTRH_Waifu.esp SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp SkyFalls Dragonborn Small waterfalls.esp SK ApachiiHair.esp I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, and I know I have a lot of mods but currently everything works, no CTD anywhere... the children of the world are all just naked/in their underwear, and it's gotta be cold in a lot of those locations. Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. The SK armor patcher esp isn't there Right, but the problem is when the patcher is run it says that it requires the Skykids. esm to be installed and active, despite the fact that it already is, and thus doesn't make the SK armor patcher. esp.
kettchup Posted August 10, 2014 Posted August 10, 2014 Exactly. I have a SK armor patcher.esp somewhere from like my girlfriend's Skyrim build which has I think some of the same mods but not all, so when I try and load it my kids are still naked. So I figured I'd delete it and rebuild, and it gives me the error.
taiolu Posted August 10, 2014 Posted August 10, 2014 It's like skykids but shittier! How the hell did that make top files?
bob11 Posted August 10, 2014 Posted August 10, 2014 It's like skykids but shittier! How the hell did that make top files? Probably because it doesn't need a proccer and it's a straight port of vanilla clothes
en_hawk Posted August 10, 2014 Author Posted August 10, 2014 It's like skykids but shittier! How the hell did that make top files? Probably because it doesn't need a proccer and it's a straight port of vanilla clothes Peoples dislike of patchers in general is nothing more than laziness and ignorance. That mod statically overrides every single vanilla armor form, and is no better than RCOTS in that regard; massive compatibility issues with any mod that touches armor. Absolutely terrible design from a technical standpoint, anyone who fails to see that is a fool. EDIT: As for your point about the clothes, skykids clothing is a direct port as well, so I have no clue where you're even coming from on that remark.
ZarthonTheVanquished Posted August 10, 2014 Posted August 10, 2014 It's like skykids but shittier! How the hell did that make top files? Probably because it doesn't need a proccer and it's a straight port of vanilla clothes Peoples dislike of patchers in general is nothing more than laziness and ignorance. That mod statically overrides every single vanilla armor form, and is no better than RCOTS in that regard; massive compatibility issues with any mod that touches armor. Absolutely terrible design from a technical standpoint, anyone who fails to see that is a fool. EDIT: As for your point about the clothes, skykids clothing is a direct port as well, so I have no clue where you're even coming from on that remark. I'm not really sure what you're on about - RCotS has its own, separate versions of each vanilla armor, and it "swaps" them to the child races it adds when it's equivalent armor is equipped (and it's just swapping the target mesh, not even the in-game armor item). While this DOES require a bit of editing of the vanilla armor forms, I personally have never noticed an issue as per regards to the original vanilla armors. I've even used replacer meshes for the vanilla armor for the default races and it still works fine! The only issue with that system was that it swapped the meshed for the child's armor onto any custom race, not just the ones it added. However, this is due to how the scripts were coded, not something that couldn't be fixed, and this method DOESN'T require running a patcher every time a new armor mod is installed (since the swapper method will just use the default mesh if its not told there's a corresponding child version). Furthermore, BOSS is decrepit and outdated now, and no one has heard from the creators of the SkyProc patcher tool, or SUM for quite some time (as far as I know). Since everyone who knows anything about how mods should be organized have subsequently dropped BOSS and moved to LOOT (its far-superior successor), it's pretty dang inconvenient to have to dredge up a BOSS install, THEN deal with the issues people were complaining about above (I get them too - I have no idea what happened to the "original" patch .esp, but without a properly formatted one (I can't just rename any .esp file to that and expect it to work), I can't generate a new one, making this mod unplayable at the moment...).
en_hawk Posted August 11, 2014 Author Posted August 11, 2014 I'm not really sure what you're on about - RCotS has its own, separate versions of each vanilla armor, and it "swaps" them to the child races it adds when it's equivalent armor is equipped (and it's just swapping the target mesh, not even the in-game armor item). While this DOES require a bit of editing of the vanilla armor forms, I personally have never noticed an issue as per regards to the original vanilla armors. I've even used replacer meshes for the vanilla armor for the default races and it still works fine! The only issue with that system was that it swapped the meshed for the child's armor onto any custom race, not just the ones it added. However, this is due to how the scripts were coded, not something that couldn't be fixed, and this method DOESN'T require running a patcher every time a new armor mod is installed (since the swapper method will just use the default mesh if its not told there's a corresponding child version). Furthermore, BOSS is decrepit and outdated now, and no one has heard from the creators of the SkyProc patcher tool, or SUM for quite some time (as far as I know). Since everyone who knows anything about how mods should be organized have subsequently dropped BOSS and moved to LOOT (its far-superior successor), it's pretty dang inconvenient to have to dredge up a BOSS install, THEN deal with the issues people were complaining about above (I get them too - I have no idea what happened to the "original" patch .esp, but without a properly formatted one (I can't just rename any .esp file to that and expect it to work), I can't generate a new one, making this mod unplayable at the moment...). It 'swaps' armor by statically overriding every single vanilla armor form. That means any mod that alters the vanilla armor in any way(say, any kind of gameplay overhaul perhaps?) is either going to get its changes completely wiped out if it loads before the swapper, or wipe out armor support if it loads after the swapper. Plus custom armor would require a custom patch in order to enable support. And finally to top it all off, RCOTS commandeered 'DefaultRace' for its own purposes, causing the issue where about 50% of custom races now fall victim to its armor swapping, instead of being limited to just its own child races. If you can't see why any one of these things on their own would make the mod a non-starter(let alone all of them together), then I'm not going to bother explaining it any further. The SK armor patcher has none of these issues, as the patch is generated dynamically based on everything in your load order, thus insuring no data gets lost during an override, and additionally supporting custom armors without having to release static patches(as the swapping is based on the existence of replacement meshes in the relevant paths, nothing more). Oh and it also only applies to the SK races, as intended, instead of bleeding through to other things. As for your remarks on BOSS, I don't like your grandiose statements and opinions on 'how mods should be organized'. There's nothing stopping you from running LOOT in conjunction with the armor swapper(or SK in general), the only loss would be that it doesn't get automatically invoked upon running the patcher like BOSS would be(thus you have to remember to run it beforehand). As for copying/renaming/borrowing a patcher esp, any issues you cause by doing that are completely of your own making; each patcher esp is unique to your own load order and installed mods+meshes, and may not be interchanged. Myself, as well as 99% of people I hear from have no issue running the patcher, my only hypothesis for this recent trouble would be folks trying to use the patcher in conjunction with MO without fully understanding it, or how it works. As for your bit about an finding an 'original patch esp', there never was one; SK doesn't ship with one as its dynamically generated. Finally, as for 'not being able to generate a new one' without an existing file, that's a load of rubbish and utterly untrue; the patcher has absolutely zero interaction with existing patch esp's when generating a new one, beyond deleting them if they exist.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now