JerWA Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 That might be something with the NPC_ data; I'm looking through new addon, and I'm noticing that the field 'Worn Armor' for the replacer girls is set to the Naked skin. On most NPC's that line is omitted in favor of the default outfit entry. I don't know what having both does, or if its even a problem. I still need to test the girls myself. And one additional thing I noticed is that Runa is missing her adoptable faction flag. I know its for compatibility purposes. On the next release, I would split the replacer addon into two parts--one for all the kids and all the parts, and one for just an esp flagging the HF adoptables. Unless you have something else planned; then carry on. They still have default outfits set. I know for a fact they are wearing "clothes" at all times as set in their records (you cannot even remove them to see what he is seeing in the vanilla game, you would have to use mods), the issue is almost certainly something with the patcher being stomped on by another armor mod. Hence the load order question. Whatever it is we'll find it and fix it. And yes, no HF in this round. Not even the HF NPCs for the most part (the ones added by HF). It's fairly exhausting making faces, that's by and far the longest part of the process. We're not far off all of them being done, I just ran out of ideas and steam after going through the first batch. If anyone wants to take a swing at it they are more than welcome.
kyods Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 If anyone wants to take a swing at it they are more than welcome. I'll be happy to give it a try, if you and en_hawk are interested in some extra help. Now that I have my second graphics card and can finally smoothly run Skyrim at 2560x1440 with ENB, I feel tempted to return to Skyrim, and Skykids is a perfectly good excuse (not that I need any).
SolidSnakeFH Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 So after a lot of fan-angling I still have the Solitude girls running around in their skivvies. Heres, my load order and yes, I've made absolutely certain to paste the updated info into the BOSS userlist.txt under Skyrim, I've also run BOSS, a few times in fact. I've run the armor swapper as well and tried changing the order of the plug-ins, but nothing doing. I don't imagine the assets intermingle in any way but if I make a girl PC, she can wear armor and has no issues. This is funny and all, but Skyrim is not a place to run around like you're going to the beach so it's really killing the immersion for me. Active Mod Files: 00 Skyrim.esm 01 Update.esm 02 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0a] 03 Dawnguard.esm 04 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0b] 05 HearthFires.esm 06 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0] 07 Dragonborn.esm 08 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0] 09 ApachiiHair.esm 0A ApachiiHairMales.esm 0B RaceCompatibility.esm 0C 3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm 0D berserkraces.esm 0E ClimatesOfTamriel.esm 0F JSwords.esm [Version 1.4] 10 Skykids.esm 11 SK TheEyesOfBeauty.esm [Version 8] 12 RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp 13 Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp [Version 1.1.4] 14 LoH.esp 15 LoH Mirror.esp 16 LoH Replacer.esp 17 LoH XDawnguard.esp 18 LoH XDawnguard Replacer.esp 19 LoH XDragonborn.esp 1A StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp 1B StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp 1C StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp 1D Auto Unequip Ammo.esp 1E AV1Dragon_Lords.esp 1F BellyachesNewDragonSpecies.esp 20 consolecommandsanditemcodesR4.esp 21 Moss Rocks.esp 22 Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp 23 JSwords_Load_Screens.esp [Version 1.4] 24 RaceMenu.esp 25 RaceMenuPlugin.esp 26 SkyTweak.esp 27 SkyUI.esp 28 iHUD.esp 29 BenkCloudArmor.esp 2A Berserk Black Swordsman Armor.esp [Version 1.0] 2B Berserk Black Swordsman Armor - No Arm.esp [Version 1.0] 2C Blessing of God 2.esp 2D Cloaks.esp 2E Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp 2F dragonslayer.esp 30 FF7 Blades.esp 31 FF7 Bustersword.esp 32 FF7 Masamune & Souba.esp 33 Golden_Age_Arc_Sword.esp 34 hardargCloud.esp 35 Henrys Ring of Light.esp 36 InigoPerkPointGiver.esp 37 JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp [Version 1.4] 38 Light Armor Hoods - Higher Armor Value.esp 39 SamuraiBlades.esp 3A SamuraiBladesWeapons.esp 3B snake.esp 3C 3rdEraWeapMoS-replacer.esp 3D 3rdEraWeapMoS-lvlList.esp 3E 3rdEraWeapMoS-rareCraft.esp 3F LevelersTower.esp 40 SkyFalls Plus SkyMills - All DLC.esp 41 SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp 42 UnreadBooksGlow.esp [Version 2.2.0] 43 SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp 44 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp 45 ELFX - Exteriors.esp 46 ELFX - Dawnguard.esp 47 ELFX - Dragonborn.esp 48 CinematicFireFX.esp 49 ELFXEnhancer.esp 4A Vampire_NoSunDamage_Hoods&Helmets.esp [Version 1.3] 4B Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp 4C The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp 4D 100XCarryWeight.esp 4E TheEyesOfBeauty.esp [Version 9] 4F 3DNPC.esp 50 HothFollower.esp 51 UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp 52 UFO - Dragonborn AddOn.esp 53 HothFollower UFO Patch.esp 54 WATER - Sir Crabalot Returns.esp 55 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp [Version 2.3.4] 56 CharGen Morphs.esp 57 CharGen ECE Morphs.esp 58 WATER.esp 59 WATER Plants.esp 5A WATER DG.esp 5B WATER DB Waves.esp 5C GreenWaterFix_Compatible.esp 5D SK Child Armor Swapper.esp 5E Dragonhood.esp 5F Two Handed sneak perk x3-x6.esp 60 Silent Katana.esp 61 LoH XDragonborn Replacer.esp 62 SK ApachiiHair.esp Rez, en_hawk, thanks for elucidating on all these different things. I'm a little pressed for time today, but I am going to work out how the exporting heads feature is utilized in CharGen and work on some boys faces. I really would love to contribute, I just don't want anything to slow down on account of the n00bie.
gvman3670 Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 Glad everything is working out for you. Eventually the playable races are going to be switched off by default, once some of the modules reach a more complete state(as right now the playable races are really the only thing that's more or less complete). That way people who only want a vanilla npc replacer can have just that, and people who want playable races can just load a plugin to enable them. That actually sounds like the best way to go. And wouldn't that be the easier way to do it?
Rez Delnava Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 Glad everything is working out for you. Eventually the playable races are going to be switched off by default, once some of the modules reach a more complete state(as right now the playable races are really the only thing that's more or less complete). That way people who only want a vanilla npc replacer can have just that, and people who want playable races can just load a plugin to enable them. That actually sounds like the best way to go. And wouldn't that be the easier way to do it? The easier way to do it, is usually to lump everything together into one file to ensure that there are no load-order issues. Breaking it down into parts maximizes compatibility and lets users pick what they want, but it almost always results in double the amount of help/troubleshooting needed. In short, easier is not always best; you have to find the right balance. I think the guys here have hit the sweet-spot.
en_hawk Posted January 20, 2014 Author Posted January 20, 2014 If anyone wants to take a swing at it they are more than welcome.I'll be happy to give it a try, if you and en_hawk are interested in some extra help. Now that I have my second graphics card and can finally smoothly run Skyrim at 2560x1440 with ENB, I feel tempted to return to Skyrim, and Skykids is a perfectly good excuse (not that I need any). Sure! We would be glad to have your help. So after a lot of fan-angling I still have the Solitude girls running around in their skivvies. Heres, my load order and yes, I've made absolutely certain to paste the updated info into the BOSS userlist.txt under Skyrim, I've also run BOSS, a few times in fact. I've run the armor swapper as well and tried changing the order of the plug-ins, but nothing doing. I don't imagine the assets intermingle in any way but if I make a girl PC, she can wear armor and has no issues. This is funny and all, but Skyrim is not a place to run around like you're going to the beach so it's really killing the immersion for me. Active Mod Files: 00 Skyrim.esm 01 Update.esm 02 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0a] 03 Dawnguard.esm 04 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0b] 05 HearthFires.esm 06 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0] 07 Dragonborn.esm 08 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 2.0.0] 09 ApachiiHair.esm 0A ApachiiHairMales.esm 0B RaceCompatibility.esm 0C 3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm 0D berserkraces.esm 0E ClimatesOfTamriel.esm 0F JSwords.esm [Version 1.4] 10 Skykids.esm 11 SK TheEyesOfBeauty.esm [Version 8] 12 RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp 13 Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp [Version 1.1.4] 14 LoH.esp 15 LoH Mirror.esp 16 LoH Replacer.esp 17 LoH XDawnguard.esp 18 LoH XDawnguard Replacer.esp 19 LoH XDragonborn.esp 1A StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp 1B StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp 1C StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp 1D Auto Unequip Ammo.esp 1E AV1Dragon_Lords.esp 1F BellyachesNewDragonSpecies.esp 20 consolecommandsanditemcodesR4.esp 21 Moss Rocks.esp 22 Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp 23 JSwords_Load_Screens.esp [Version 1.4] 24 RaceMenu.esp 25 RaceMenuPlugin.esp 26 SkyTweak.esp 27 SkyUI.esp 28 iHUD.esp 29 BenkCloudArmor.esp 2A Berserk Black Swordsman Armor.esp [Version 1.0] 2B Berserk Black Swordsman Armor - No Arm.esp [Version 1.0] 2C Blessing of God 2.esp 2D Cloaks.esp 2E Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp 2F dragonslayer.esp 30 FF7 Blades.esp 31 FF7 Bustersword.esp 32 FF7 Masamune & Souba.esp 33 Golden_Age_Arc_Sword.esp 34 hardargCloud.esp 35 Henrys Ring of Light.esp 36 InigoPerkPointGiver.esp 37 JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp [Version 1.4] 38 Light Armor Hoods - Higher Armor Value.esp 39 SamuraiBlades.esp 3A SamuraiBladesWeapons.esp 3B snake.esp 3C 3rdEraWeapMoS-replacer.esp 3D 3rdEraWeapMoS-lvlList.esp 3E 3rdEraWeapMoS-rareCraft.esp 3F LevelersTower.esp 40 SkyFalls Plus SkyMills - All DLC.esp 41 SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp 42 UnreadBooksGlow.esp [Version 2.2.0] 43 SK Vanilla Child Replacer.esp 44 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp 45 ELFX - Exteriors.esp 46 ELFX - Dawnguard.esp 47 ELFX - Dragonborn.esp 48 CinematicFireFX.esp 49 ELFXEnhancer.esp 4A Vampire_NoSunDamage_Hoods&Helmets.esp [Version 1.3] 4B Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp 4C The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp 4D 100XCarryWeight.esp 4E TheEyesOfBeauty.esp [Version 9] 4F 3DNPC.esp 50 HothFollower.esp 51 UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp 52 UFO - Dragonborn AddOn.esp 53 HothFollower UFO Patch.esp 54 WATER - Sir Crabalot Returns.esp 55 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp [Version 2.3.4] 56 CharGen Morphs.esp 57 CharGen ECE Morphs.esp 58 WATER.esp 59 WATER Plants.esp 5A WATER DG.esp 5B WATER DB Waves.esp 5C GreenWaterFix_Compatible.esp 5D SK Child Armor Swapper.esp 5E Dragonhood.esp 5F Two Handed sneak perk x3-x6.esp 60 Silent Katana.esp 61 LoH XDragonborn Replacer.esp 62 SK ApachiiHair.esp Rez, en_hawk, thanks for elucidating on all these different things. I'm a little pressed for time today, but I am going to work out how the exporting heads feature is utilized in CharGen and work on some boys faces. I really would love to contribute, I just don't want anything to slow down on account of the n00bie. I'm not sure what to tell you regarding the NPCs, it could be something funny with the plugin, however I have yet to encounter anything like that myself. I can poke around with it later and send you a file to test. Regarding the faces, I need the files as 'slot' files saved with the face preset feature, not the actual exported geometry files. As explained above, there is other work that goes into it before using the actual export feature.
SolidSnakeFH Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 en_hawk: I'm not sure what to tell you regarding the NPCs, it could be something funny with the plugin, however I have yet to encounter anything like that myself. I can poke around with it later and send you a file to test. Regarding the faces, I need the files as 'slot' files saved with the face preset feature, not the actual exported geometry files. As explained above, there is other work that goes into it before using the actual export feature. Don't worry about it, I've figured it out. (Totally my fault, of course) I was loading save files where the girls already spawned and had occupied the vicinity. This was what seemingly caused the bug, I went around resurrecting all of them and they would spawn with little yellow dresses intact ( Are all the dresses supposed to be the same?). Also, are the revamped kids going to be non-essential now? because I noticed that they can be pickpocketed and killed (note the untouched kids ie: the boys are essenstial). I'll look into the slot files you mentioned, hopefully I can contribute something. If anyone wants to point me towards any tutorials, I'd be grateful. Thanks again, Hawk.
Rez Delnava Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 Slot files are pretty easy. In the racemenu (with CGE installed) the first line is 'Preset Slot' There are 10 available slots to pick from; pick one, morph your character head, the hit the 'Save Preset' button at the bottom. When you're ready to submit something, the preset slot will be saved in your /data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/Presets folder. Now that there are multiple people working on this, it might be sane to declare which NPCs people are planning on working on. As lovely as having options is, I don't think having 4 different Aventus-es but no Hamings would be an effective use of every's time. I'll be working on: Kayd Frothar Aventus I know everyone wants to work on Aventus and Lars. Please do, but also keep in mind that we need every kid implemented. Here is my Kayd (so far). Exported nif + facemask, Slot File, Screencap, and notes included in the archive. The notes include the Form ID, a list of headparts, and brows/mouth/nose selection for easy CK'ing. Feedback would be appreciated. Kayd Replacer.7z
User13 Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 This has probably been asked, so my apologies, but is this at all compatible with Cots or Rcots? If not, what would be the advantage for me to using this instead of those?
Stormsone Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 This has probably been asked, so my apologies, but is this at all compatible with Cots or Rcots? If not, what would be the advantage for me to using this instead of those? They look different so it would depend on which one you like would it not? More screenshots and maybe some comparison screens between the mods might be cool thought.
Rez Delnava Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 This has probably been asked, so my apologies, but is this at all compatible with Cots or Rcots? If not, what would be the advantage for me to using this instead of those? CotS R2 is an intrusive mod that replaces data in order to achieve its end; breaking much of the character creation process for adult characters. RCotS is Glouf's valiant effort to overhaul CotS, fixing the character creation process, but relies heavily on LoliLabs and LDW's content for armor. Skykids is an isolated solution (meaning it changes none of the base assets and relies mainly on itself) and has a complete solution for armor. Please read the OP for all the details. As Stormsone said, it is partially a preference based on looks, but its also a preference with your comfort at modding. CotS:R2 requires a lot of tweaking and manipulation to work right, RCotS requires less tweaking but needs more accessory content, Skykids doesn't need a whole lot of effort to work, but is still a little behind on features. You can certainly use all three. It would take some effort to do, but they can co-exist. The process for doing so is explained in the RCotS thread.
SolidSnakeFH Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 Thanks, Rez, that seems simple enough. if it's possible to work on the boys in the orphanage I'll take them. Hroar, Samuel and Francois. I'll try Blaise. too and if there's any need for others I'll see what I can do.
shadowfox Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 I may have found a conflict. I am a UFO user, and I am having problems with the drow taldyn. When I talk to her I only get the "you know" option and nothing else, so I can't recruit her. Do you have any advice?
SkyWarrior623 Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 Awesome, downloaded and installing. Out of curiosity, though, why isn't NMM supported? It seems like if all you have to do is extract the files to your data folder, NMM should be fine, but I tried putting all the files into one .7z file with a quick custom fomod info.xml and it didn't work.
taiolu Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 I may have found a conflict. I am a UFO user, and I am having problems with the drow taldyn. When I talk to her I only get the "you know" option and nothing else, so I can't recruit her. Do you have any advice? For all mod followers the only option is EFF AFT and UFO modify the followers themselves to achieve its goal, EFF doesn't.
SolidSnakeFH Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 Slot files are pretty easy. In the racemenu (with CGE installed) the first line is 'Preset Slot' There are 10 available slots to pick from; pick one, morph your character head, the hit the 'Save Preset' button at the bottom. When you're ready to submit something, the preset slot will be saved in your /data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/Presets folder. Now that there are multiple people working on this, it might be sane to declare which NPCs people are planning on working on. As lovely as having options is, I don't think having 4 different Aventus-es but no Hamings would be an effective use of every's time. I'll be working on: Kayd Frothar Aventus I know everyone wants to work on Aventus and Lars. Please do, but also keep in mind that we need every kid implemented. Here is my Kayd (so far). Exported nif + facemask, Slot File, Screencap, and notes included in the archive. The notes include the Form ID, a list of headparts, and brows/mouth/nose selection for easy CK'ing. Feedback would be appreciated. I'd say he looks good, different angles might help to discern and were I you I'd add a little bit of pinkness to the lips. Going forward it might be cool to talk a little about our creative vision for the character and get some feedback from the peeps here as to whether the depictions we make are lore friendly. EDIT: Actually this is Francois. Got my descriptions mixed up I've finished up Francois from Honorhall, I'm going to upload some pics of him. I wanted to go for a worried, uncertain kind of look that says "I miss my family" but also says "I just wish I had something to hope for". Any and all criticisms are welcome.
Rez Delnava Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 I'd say he looks good, different angles might help to discern and were I you I'd add a little bit of pinkness to the lips. Going forward it might be cool to talk a little about our creative vision for the character and get some feedback from the peeps here as to whether the depictions we make are lore friendly. EDIT: Actually this is Francois. Got my descriptions mixed up I've finished up Francois from Honorhall, I'm going to upload some pics of him. I wanted to go for a worried, uncertain kind of look that says "I miss my family" but also says "I just wish I had something to hope for". Any and all criticisms are welcome.2014-01-20_00030.jpg2014-01-20_00031.jpg2014-01-20_00032.jpg2014-01-20_00033.jpg Lip tint noted, thank you. I couldn't get decent screenshots when I took that one, I somehow managed to get stuck in the floor and couldn't leave 1st-person after leaving racemenu (but that was my fault from messing in the console). I agree with your point on sharing the creative vision for the character. The note I included in the Kayd set has some of my rational behind the design. Some of the town kids are hard to vision for, though. They just run around playing tag without revealing much about the kid.
SolidSnakeFH Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 Rez Delnava: Lip tint noted, thank you. I couldn't get decent screenshots when I took that one, I somehow managed to get stuck in the floor and couldn't leave 1st-person after leaving racemenu (but that was my fault from messing in the console). I agree with your point on sharing the creative vision for the character. The note I included in the Kayd set has some of my rational behind the design. Some of the town kids are hard to vision for, though. They just run around playing tag without revealing much about the kid. I totally feel you on that. I think the best thing to do is use a wiki to inform you a little on their parentage, race and history. For example, I just finished Blaise and since he's a Breton (High Elf Blood in that race) I gave him more angular features, very slightly pointy ears and a long nose. However, I also let his natural red-head shine through a little more and gave him slightly more golden, but fair, skin, wagering his parentage was part Nord at the least. Since he lived on that farm with Katla, sleeping with the horses, I imagine they didn't feeh him much, so his face is more gaunt as well. Finally, he has a bit of a nonchalant, anxious expression. He's seen his fair share of loneliness and trouble, that would change the face any kid shows to the world.
kyods Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 I'll do the DLC girls - my boys tend to turn out a bit on a girly side. On a side note, I just found out that Mod Organizer is a wonderful tool when you just play the game, but becomes a major PITA when you mod. Going back to NMM / Wrye Bash / whatever else.
en_hawk Posted January 21, 2014 Author Posted January 21, 2014 Awesome, downloaded and installing. Out of curiosity, though, why isn't NMM supported? It seems like if all you have to do is extract the files to your data folder, NMM should be fine, but I tried putting all the files into one .7z file with a quick custom fomod info.xml and it didn't work. Any of the packages with optional content are not packed in a way that is compatible with NMM. Or a more correct way of describing it, is that NMM is not compatible with them(its also a piece of crap that can't identify missing masters). The installation instructions are quite simple, you should not need NMM. I may have found a conflict. I am a UFO user, and I am having problems with the drow taldyn. When I talk to her I only get the "you know" option and nothing else, so I can't recruit her. Do you have any advice?For all mod followers the only option is EFF AFT and UFO modify the followers themselves to achieve its goal, EFF doesn't. UFO works properly with the modded followers, I'm personally using it in my game without issue. Don't worry about it, I've figured it out. (Totally my fault, of course) I was loading save files where the girls already spawned and had occupied the vicinity. This was what seemingly caused the bug, I went around resurrecting all of them and they would spawn with little yellow dresses intact ( Are all the dresses supposed to be the same?). Also, are the revamped kids going to be non-essential now? because I noticed that they can be pickpocketed and killed (note the untouched kids ie: the boys are essenstial).Oh yeah I probably should have said something about that. They're going to get changed back to essential as the vanilla replacer gets closer to completion, with an option to make them unessential/killable as they are now. And yeah all the outfits are supposed to be the same, this is the first beta release and we were more focused on getting the faces ironed out before working on getting outfits setup; don't worry it's coming eventually. CotS R2 is an intrusive mod that replaces data in order to achieve its end; breaking much of the character creation process for adult characters. RCotS is Glouf's valiant effort to overhaul CotS, fixing the character creation process, but relies heavily on LoliLabs and LDW's content for armor. Skykids is an isolated solution (meaning it changes none of the base assets and relies mainly on itself) and has a complete solution for armor. Please read the OP for all the details. As Stormsone said, it is partially a preference based on looks, but its also a preference with your comfort at modding. CotS:R2 requires a lot of tweaking and manipulation to work right, RCotS requires less tweaking but needs more accessory content, Skykids doesn't need a whole lot of effort to work, but is still a little behind on features. You can certainly use all three. It would take some effort to do, but they can co-exist. The process for doing so is explained in the RCotS thread. CotS overwrites a ton of stuff and makes a mess of your data folder, however since SK is completely isolated from everything else it wont be affected. RCotS is actually worse than CotS in some ways despite its claims of being 'standalone', its 'armor patcher' is one example of that. Personally I'd not touch either of them with a 10 foot pole; I have no qualms with them at an aesthetic level(well, disregarding the overly skimpy armor), but at a technical level they're both out of the question for me. I wasn't really happy with either of them, which was one of the reasons that led to the creation of SK. I may have found a conflict. I am a UFO user, and I am having problems with the drow taldyn. When I talk to her I only get the "you know" option and nothing else, so I can't recruit her. Do you have any advice?Did you install MFVM? It is a requirement for the followers. There's a bit in the FAQ describing some of the technical reasoning for that('I'm using one of the follower mods, and their follower dialog is unvoiced'). I'll do the DLC girls - my boys tend to turn out a bit on a girly side. On a side note, I just found out that Mod Organizer is a wonderful tool when you just play the game, but becomes a major PITA when you mod. Going back to NMM / Wrye Bash / whatever else.Sounds good to me(also wrye bash for life lol).
Rez Delnava Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 I'll do the DLC girls - my boys tend to turn out a bit on a girly side. On a side note, I just found out that Mod Organizer is a wonderful tool when you just play the game, but becomes a major PITA when you mod. Going back to NMM / Wrye Bash / whatever else. ...But I like your boys. I can never adventure without Anthe. When he says "Okay" in that eager chirp, what he really means is "BWHAHAHAHA Flame Atronach, MWHAHAHA" MO takes some getting used to for making mods. Make a Sandbox folder in the MO mods folder. Dump all of your assets in there. But launching all the tools does become tedious. Alright, here's Aventus. I still had my notes on slider settings lying around from a previous attempt, so he didn't take as long, just needed some fine tuning. I also tried a little harder on my character notes this time: Aventus is sad and desperate. He's been alone in his family house for some time now, so he's been reminded of his mother and has been crying. He's pale from the cold but not malnourished, relying on his family's remaining wealth to buy food and the materials used for the Black Sacrament. His dark hair and green eyes lead many to believe he's Imperial, but upon a closer look the softer features of mixed ancestry show through. More screens in the archive along with the exports and slot. Aventus Replacer.7z
kyods Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 Okay, first attempt at Sofie and Lucia Sofie with ENB: Sofie without ENB: Lucia with ENB (I made her look a little androgynous. After all she is a neglected, underfed orphan, and weird things tend to nest in long hair if you don't take good care of them. This apparently happened with Lucia, and Brenuin decided that he has enough company in his own hair.) Lucia without ENB: Tell me what you think. EDIT: Included the CGE exports for both girls. Lucia.zip Sofie.zip
en_hawk Posted January 21, 2014 Author Posted January 21, 2014 They look great, kyods. Handling tints is a pain in the ass for me, but that isn't your fault.
kyods Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 I'll do the DLC girls - my boys tend to turn out a bit on a girly side. On a side note, I just found out that Mod Organizer is a wonderful tool when you just play the game, but becomes a major PITA when you mod. Going back to NMM / Wrye Bash / whatever else. ...But I like your boys. I can never adventure without Anthe. When he says "Okay" in that eager chirp, what he really means is "BWHAHAHAHA Flame Atronach, MWHAHAHA" Lol, thanks, this made me laugh! However, that's my point exactly - Anthe does look the most androgynous of them all. At least IMHO. MO takes some getting used to for making mods. Make a Sandbox folder in the MO mods folder. Dump all of your assets in there. But launching all the tools does become tedious. MO is a bitch forcing me to copy all the assets to the actual data folder so CK can see them. It makes no sense, if I have everything I need in the data folder, I don't need to bother running CK through MO, and I'm not even mentioning the problem with Papyrus compiler. At this point my setup is stable, I hardly ever add or remove a mod from it anymore, so MO became more burden than help. But then again, let me stress it again - it's an awesome tool for people who only play the game. Alright, here's Aventus. I like how you dig deep into the background and story of your characters. Great approach.
kyods Posted January 21, 2014 Posted January 21, 2014 They look great, kyods. Handling tints is a pain in the ass for me, but that isn't your fault. Thanks, en_hawk. I added the CGE exports to my post. I'll deal with Aeta soonish, should I not bother with tints with her?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now