Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

Just a heads up for stuff to look for, I keep seeing these "iron pears of anguish" in every female even though according to my MCM settings, I believe I should not. 

Also... I have two MCM menus? That's very annoying. Have I done something wrong? I'm pretty sure I followed all install instructions. Nevermind, I thought I needed FTM as well as FTM OBiS, but I only need the one.

Hello,

Seems i get the mod 2 times in the SkyUI?
I checked and disabled only FTM in MO and both disappeared. When i add it back, both appear. Seems its from there. I have version 1.04 with the 1.05 update, i tried without the update and i saw the mod 2 times still.

The 2 menus also don't seem to share the same options.

In addition i have had a weird problem with other mods doubeling on this save, but not in SkyUI, so i am not sure what to make of that. Cursed loot had 2 of the same dialog's to solicit sex from people one time, but after a reload it was gone. And Simple Slavery went totally fucked in my save and started 3 or 4 events at once...
Not sure if its related, but the SkyUI bug might not be from FTM if it is. I have recently started the save and i am not sure what is the issue exactly.

Hello,

I checked and disabled only FTM in MO and both disappeared. When i add it back, both appear. Seems its from there. I have version 1.04 with the 1.05 update, i tried without the update and i saw the mod 2 times still.

In addition i have had a weird problem with other mods doubeling on this save, but not in SkyUI, so i am not sure what to make of that. Cursed loot had 2 of the same dialog's to solicit sex from people one time, but after a reload it was gone. And Simple Slavery went totally fucked in my save and started 3 or 4 events at once...

Not sure if its related, but the SkyUI bug might not be from FTM if it is. I have recently started the save and i am not sure what is the issue exactly.

V3.x of FtM was completely rewritten including the menu so you likely have remnants of the previous version in it.

Hello,

V3.x of FtM was completely rewritten including the menu so you likely have remnants of the previous version in it.

I never used ftm 2 on this save thought, i updated all my mods and started a new game.

And i use Mod Manager and i disabled fmt 2 in the mod manager, so it should be impossible? But i do not know how mods work, so maybe it is possible that there are left overs? How do i get rid of them? I also have OBIS compatibility installed, i have not tried running the game without it, i will try it later.

I tried running some script that sets the quest status for SkyUI to make it refresh the mod list, but it didn't work. I have not researched this refresh topic much thought.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I installed the new version and its update. Soon as I boot the game, it crashes now. But, when I disable FtM, it runs just fine. I have the latest and up to date versions of Assets, Integration and Expansion, as well as Sexlab Framework, not really sure whats going on here.

So, I installed the new version and its update. Soon as I boot the game, it crashes now. But, when I disable FtM, it runs just fine. I have the latest and up to date versions of Assets, Integration and Expansion, as well as Sexlab Framework, not really sure whats going on here.

Are you using cbbe body?

If "yes" try equipping a corset with an open belt (make sure you test both the normal and the ebonite versions)

If you crash with the normal ones, make sure you're running (at least) v3.0e of Devious Devices Assets.

If you crash with the ebonite ones grab the updated bodyslide .nif for that from this link: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/35569-devious-devices-expansion/?p=1761488.

And make sure to run bodyslide on them after updating.

If you're not using cbbe, you can just ignore this post.

Did you mean that it crashes after Bethesda logo? If so, then did you notice that there are several plugin versions in the mod. It includes compatibility files for Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade (CCOR) and Organized Bandits in Skyrim (OBIS).

I suspect that you are using CCOR or OBIS compatible plugin, without having those in your load order. Use only one plugin from the mod and delete others from your game. Each plugin is named, to mark to which combination it was made for.

Hello, Veladarius.

I previously reported that Brenuin got equipped with bondage items, despite that I do not have Devises for Him, or those selection boxes active from FtM. Back then I did not have a log to give you.

I have observed the same behavior three times today.

- Once with Gunnar Stone-Eye, who was partially invisible, due to Devious Devices dress equipped on him.

- Second time I saw Brenuin in Whiterun, walking around with White Paw Bondage Mittens.

I did not have logging active during those events, but I did go back and start the game from Alternate Start cell, with logging active.

In this case Brenuin appeared with Iron Chasity Belt. Event is visible in the log below.

Brenuin and Gunnar are so far only characters that I have confirmed being affected by this. Brenuin seems to do this constantly. I have not noticed any other male character having the same problem, though I only noticed this from Gunnar today.

Hopefully log helps you out to find out what is going on. smile.png

Yeah. Log is a long one. I was doing a test game, before starting a new full game. I found problems that I need to fix, but - as far as I know - nothing that would explain why this keeps happening in my game.

Edit: Now that I looked at the log again, it looks like at least Olfrid Battle-Born got belt as well. I did not notice to check him, when belt was not visible. It was not visible for Brenuin either - though mittens were clearly visible today and I recall telling that he was using other stuff previously, which alerted me to keep an eye on him.

I might be also relevant to tell you that I am using CCOR+OBIS version of the mod. It occurred to me that CCOR does make some changes to outfits. I recall you telling somewhere that you added DD items to outfits. FtM is lower in load order than CCOR. It does not loose any resource priority conflicts either.

Papyrus.0.log

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello again, Veladarius.

I waited to hear, if the Papyrus log helped you to solve out the problem. I decided to poke a bit around FtM today, while I finally had time to do so. I think I know why certain males are using items.

Today I noticed that at least both CCOR and CCOR+OBIS files distributed these items to male inventories. They were not set as wearable outfit items, but as inventory items. This explains why poorest male characters have used items like hobble dresses and mittens. These characters are using low price and low quality clothing and gear by default. They automatically try to dress stuff that is placed in to their inventories as being "better" than they currently had.

Most other characters already have "better" items in their inventories, so they are not actively trying to equip them. This also explains why every male already having decent items are not equipping devious items and some do: they will replace missing or lower parts from their outfits with them.

I made several runs today and it was all consistent. I can see that your scripts do have gender checks to distribute items as outfits to females. I am not good enough to read them to understand why most males are getting them as inventory items as well.

Hopefully this helps you to clear the issue, if you are still interested of doing so. smile.png

Hello again, Veladarius.

I waited to hear, if the Papyrus log helped you to solve out the problem. I decided to poke a bit around FtM today, while I finally had time to do so. I think I know why certain males are using items.

Today I noticed that at least both CCOR and CCOR+OBIS files distributed these items to male inventories. They were not set as wearable outfit items, but as inventory items. This explains why poorest male characters have used items like hobble dresses and mittens. These characters are using low price and low quality clothing and gear by default. They automatically try to dress stuff that is placed in to their inventories as being "better" than they currently had.

Most other characters already have "better" items in their inventories, so they are not actively trying to equip them. This also explains why every male already having decent items are not equipping devious items and some do: they will replace missing or lower parts from their outfits with them.

I made several runs today and it was all consistent. I can see that your scripts do have gender checks to distribute items as outfits to females. I am not good enough to read them to understand why most males are getting them as inventory items as well.

Hopefully this helps you to clear the issue, if you are still interested of doing so. smile.png

It may be a mix up with the rings actually since that is what the selection is controlled by. I will have to look at their distribution again when I have a chance to.

I found something that might help further. Males having these items seem to get script part of the chastity belt. I only noticed it right now, when I made another test.

I had noticed it before, but I relied too much to console to connect the dots. Now I checked them in pickpocket view and noticed that the belt isn't always visible as inventory item, but it is always visible in console view.

Edit: I mentioned a picture that I apparently never shared. I thought I did. Redacted the note: I had a picture, which showed that script item was added to males. I could have sworn that I had uploaded it here.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, have a few questions to this mod :D

Probably because FtM hasn't been updated along with the latest DDi and DDx.

Is ftm still usable , or better not  ?

And my next question is, im already using "Remodeled Armor for UUNP BodySlide HDT" for my npcs.

Would for the masses even work with it ?

Thanks.

hey, have a few questions to this mod :D

Probably because FtM hasn't been updated along with the latest DDi and DDx.

Is ftm still usable , or better not  ?

And my next question is, im already using "Remodeled Armor for UUNP BodySlide HDT" for my npcs.

Would for the masses even work with it ?

Thanks.

The current version will work with the updated DD mods. FtM makes use of the tag registry in DD to get devices so FtM can actually get items from ANY mod so long a they have set up tags for DD. The only issue with FtM is when changing cells where the one that was unloaded had a generic npc who was to get items. If you are changing cells rapidly the addition of new npc's and removal of these temp npc's can cause some pauses for a moment depending on how many it has to deal with.

The current version will work with the updated DD mods. FtM makes use of the tag registry in DD to get devices so FtM can actually get items from ANY mod so long a they have set up tags for DD. The only issue with FtM is when changing cells where the one that was unloaded had a generic npc who was to get items. If you are changing cells rapidly the addition of new npc's and removal of these temp npc's can cause some pauses for a moment depending on how many it has to deal with.

Ah ok , thanks for answer. So nothing speaks against it.

Remodeled Armor for UUNP BodySlide HDT for my npcs also no problem?

Ah ok , thanks for answer. So nothing speaks against it.

Remodeled Armor for UUNP BodySlide HDT for my npcs also no problem?

It should work just fine. I am using that set and there haven't been any conflicts with item slots.

Ok, and thanks again :)

Edit :  i tried this mod now, and i like the idea behind it, and here and there its great, but the most npcs look very weird with their normal clothing and the devious devices above them or shining through their normal clothes. Anything i can do against that ?

• 3 weeks later...

I found something that might help further. Males having these items seem to get script part of the chastity belt. I only noticed it right now, when I made another test.

I had noticed it before, but I relied too much to console to connect the dots. Now I checked them in pickpocket view and noticed that the belt isn't always visible as inventory item, but it is always visible in console view.

Edit: I mentioned a picture that I apparently never shared. I thought I did. Redacted the note: I had a picture, which showed that script item was added to males. I could have sworn that I had uploaded it here.

I find males are still getting DD equipped, ie i went to the bandit camp west of helgen (just do camp start and run south over the hil) and i open the chest and it says a message about bandit blushing as belt is equipped on her, then i kill the bandits who are all male and one of them is wearing an iron chastity belt. to prove he is actually wearing it, i take everything but the chastity belt, and he is naked except for brown undies, and i remove the chastity belt and he is fully naked. this is without having dd for him installed.

this isn't the first time i have had this problem, leave the box to add devices to men unticked and they still end up wearing them. the funny one is being attacked and male is trying to rape my female character but his schlong isn't showing due to devious device. kill him and sure enough he has chastity belt or harness equipped. remove the belt or harness and hey presto, there's the missing schlong.

it would be great if the problem could be resolved once and for all, as it detracts from an otherwise great mod. my female PC is laughing at the dickless men trying to rape her.