Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

FtM 3 is working except for the tag system, the array lists in the MCM menu's are picky about how they are set up.

Equipping of devices on npc's is slower since it is doing them one at a time, it is most noticeable when entering an interior or major city, especially if the chance of getting devices is high. I was testing at both 50% and 100% of npc's getting devices so it wasn't too bad considering there was no slowdown of the game while it did it.

Tada!  I've been enjoying 100% coverage for months.

Yes, you are hard to work with.  As am I.  Something tells me we are a similar type of man.  Unwilling to compromise the integrity of what you build.

You need to look at the code I wrote in ftmlibs, the tag system I wrote is extremely flexible and working.  And if you finish what I intended and get DDI to add an API to pull the list of tags for all registered mods.... well, perhaps you'll see what that menu you hated is for.   It's about being able to add new colors, metal finishes, etc, without needing any script changes.

Also, a FIFO queue to fix the token system problems is a fine solution.  It just does not work for my own end game.

FtM 3 is working except for the tag system, the array lists in the MCM menu's are picky about how they are set up.

Equipping of devices on npc's is slower since it is doing them one at a time, it is most noticeable when entering an interior or major city, especially if the chance of getting devices is high. I was testing at both 50% and 100% of npc's getting devices so it wasn't too bad considering there was no slowdown of the game while it did it.

Yes, you are hard to work with.  As am I.  Something tells me we are a similar type of man.  Unwilling to compromise the integrity of what you build.

You need to look at the code I wrote in ftmlibs, the tag system I wrote is extremely flexible and working.  And if you finish what I intended and get DDI to add an API to pull the list of tags for all registered mods.... well, perhaps you'll see what that menu you hated is for.   It's about being able to add new colors, metal finishes, etc, without needing any script changes.

Also, a FIFO queue to fix the token system problems is a fine solution.  It just does not work for my own end game.

All I saw in the menu with the tags was a pre generated list of every possible tag in one list, not what I want users to have to do. Besides, there is no way to sort through the tags and just get colors as DD Equip uses a number of odd materials.

My system may not work for you but mine handles actors when they are loaded, however far that may be.

All I saw in the menu with the tags was a pre generated list of every possible tag in one list, not what I want users to have to do. Besides, there is no way to sort through the tags and just get colors as DD Equip uses a number of odd materials.

My system may not work for you but mine handles actors when they are loaded, however far that may be.

I'm the one who pointed out the flaw in your system... and already had a working solution in place (that I chose for a reason, long term planning here).  You do not need to explain to me how it works, I'm a software engineer/architect and have been for close to twenty years.  I understand.

I asked for help and even asked for an API to pull the tags, but not a single person bothered to respond.  Sorry, too late for me to give a shit anymore.  I'm not going to get into a public battle with you, I told you I've got better things to do with my time, this just isn't important enough for me to really care, it's something I do to screw around late at night.  If it's going to mean a bunch of drama, I'm out.  I've got no hard feelings, I just realize when something won't work for me.

The tag system is working, not the way that I want but until other mods start registering their tags with DDi it will do for now. Only issue is on some devices that can be either metal or leather they don;t always pull the correct colors.

With it set to 100% (including men) each getting most all devices it took maybe a minute to process everyone in Whiterun.

Beta version of FtM 3 is available. I have had no issues with the current version though it may ignore some color or material tags from time to time.

There is still some things that need added to the MCM menu, mostly descriptions of what some things do but most all are pretty basic. The menu is the same format as before but with an added page and some other minor changes.

Getting the tag system working for getting devices was one of the main things I wanted for v3 but it can be picky at times. I had implemented a tag system in CD and was testing the mechanics of it there and had finally figured it out. The other thing was the MCM menu, Aelie made the last one and I had to figure it out so I could make any adjustments needed for it.

I haven't tried the new version yet, but one thing you may wish to consider is adding the 'Non-Playable' flag to each of the 'Glowing Ring' records.  I did it manually some time back when I became irritated at the rings appearing in NPCs inventory.  It doesn't seem to affect the functionality in any way, but makes things cleaner (to my mind, anyway).  Another change I made was to the scripts to stop just the chastity gear from appearing on males.  I see from your notes you've made changes in this area, but haven't tried it yet to see the specifics.

Thanks for maintaining the mod, in any case.

I haven't tried the new version yet, but one thing you may wish to consider is adding the 'Non-Playable' flag to each of the 'Glowing Ring' records.  I did it manually some time back when I became irritated at the rings appearing in NPCs inventory.  It doesn't seem to affect the functionality in any way, but makes things cleaner (to my mind, anyway).  Another change I made was to the scripts to stop just the chastity gear from appearing on males.  I see from your notes you've made changes in this area, but haven't tried it yet to see the specifics.

Thanks for maintaining the mod, in any case.

The rings that appear in an npc's inventory when you find them are ones that were never alive to begin with. Since they were never alive they never equipped the rings, Skyrim just treated them as a container at that point. I can set them as non playable so they won't appear on them though.

Concerning men, all that I added was a toggle to allow them to have items equipped on them just as women do. The men have the same chances as women to get any of the items except a bra, there is a check for that so they don't get one equipped.

If there is enough interest I can add toggles to each of the MCM menu pages to enable / disable men from getting the item on that page. That would allow it so they don't get specific groups of items and you could set it so they only get keys.

The current Release Candidate is up, other than any minor tweaks that may be needed it is pretty much done.

This release supports OBIS (latest version), CCOR (latest version) and DD Equip (v2.0 for tag useage).

The only issue I have had is one related to an XPMSE that started before I made FtM 3. Before FtM 3 I would get errors from XPMSE about weapon scaling and such, possibly due to that I still use ECE. With FtM 3 the issues with XPMSE were worse and it started causing dump stack errors, shutting off the cloak system in XPMSE stopped the issue completely. This is more likely due to something with my setup of XPMSE than FtM v3 but I wanted to put it out there as a possible issue.

The list of new features looks amazing, so I just went ahead and downloaded+installed the release candidate. But I've run into a problem. The MCM menu doesn't seem to display properly for me; for all but the last submenu "Additional Options", the only option is to "Add Devices to Men". Like this: http://i.imgur.com/KG1lbTS.jpg It shouldn't be just my save, since it also looks like that in the 'coc qasmoke' room.

The list of new features looks amazing, so I just went ahead and downloaded+installed the release candidate. But I've run into a problem. The MCM menu doesn't seem to display properly for me; for all but the last submenu "Additional Options", the only option is to "Add Devices to Men". Like this: http://i.imgur.com/KG1lbTS.jpg It shouldn't be just my save, since it also looks like that in the 'coc qasmoke' room.

I agree, the beta was fine and displayed the full list, but when i install the RC it just displays the same "Add Devices to Men". Just in case it was my save corrupted I went and started a fresh game with RC2, and had same problem. I am looking forward to the CCOR version too. I have 201 mods loaded but MCM in beta worked fine

Here is a new set of scripts. I upped the MCM menu version in case that was the issue and checked that it worked, I had no issues with it (I have 242 esp/esm's currently and about 50 MCM menu's)

FtM_3 script update.zip

Just overwrite the current scripts with these (the only one that changed was the menu script though).

Here are the screenshots of all the menu's

post-101267-0-78549400-1460375050_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-43717800-1460375049_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-98231800-1460375047_thumb.jpg

post-101267-0-48099200-1460375046_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-10572600-1460375045_thumb.jpgpost-101267-0-62854900-1460375043_thumb.jpg

post-101267-0-73425000-1460375042_thumb.jpg

The esp's between the current release and the final one are likely to stay the same unless I have missed adding the rings to a number of groups.

I have not tested your updated mod yet but I have just  a question: if men can wear devices, are all the meshes available or there's the chance to see a man without his hands or even his body? Thanks so much.

I don't think there are meshes for the restrictive items or the other items on that page, there should be meshes for everything else included in DD for Him.

Is it just the scripts and the esp that have to be remvoed from FTM II before installing this update?  I no longer have FTM II mod package so I'm not sure which files to delete.

If you already have uninstalled FtM II then you just need to install the new version.

Is it just the scripts and the esp that have to be remvoed from FTM II before installing this update?  I no longer have FTM II mod package so I'm not sure which files to delete.

If you already have uninstalled FtM II then you just need to install the new version.

Oh, sorry, I've must've been vague in my post. I meant, that I no longer have the mod package to see which files from that package I need to delete. So, I still have FTM II installed, but don't know which files to delete since rev III has new renamed files.  Oh, and I don't use mod managers, they always give me a hard time, so I manually installed rev II. Since I always manually install my mods, I always keep the downloaded mod package, but I somehow lost the rev II mod.

Oh, sorry, I've must've been vague in my post. I meant, that I no longer have the mod package to see which files from that package I need to delete. So, I still have FTM II installed, but don't know which files to delete since rev III has new renamed files.  Oh, and I don't use mod managers, they always give me a hard time, so I manually installed rev II. Since I always manually install my mods, I always keep the downloaded mod package, but I somehow lost the rev II mod.

Scripts are:

ftmtokeneffect

ftmtokeneffect(b through i)

ftmlibs

ftmmcmmenu

All of the FtM3 scripts start with FtM_