Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

Is the last major version of this mod still available? I remember back before the MCM menu changed, I never had issues with males getting devices and so on, now it happens even when I increase processing time.

I plan on rewriting parts of it, apparently the checks for target sex is taking too long and allowing them to pass even though I have it in several spots

You are doing god's work sir.

I wanted to suggest an immersive preset. Sometimes I find when choosing settings there is a conflict because the device categories are central to how the devices function, which makes sense from the modding perspective, but not as much for the question of who could afford each, or be likely to use each. The list by default applies to female NPCs, and is limited to undeniably canon materials. That is to say soulgems, iron, leather, wood, but no shiny latex type things or rubber pumps.

If the following is not possible as a sort of preset, could the settings be tweaked so that users could more easily set up something along the following lines?

NPC is wealthy or in an influential faction etc:

+20% chance of a piercing.

+40% chance of locked chastity belt which will always be padded.

NPC is wearing heavy armor:

+20% chance of any type chastity belt.

NPC is hostile (eg bandits, outlaws, etc) and not wearing heavy armor: 

+10% chance of any type chastity belt.

NPC is spellcaster or high mana:

+25% chance of piercings.

NPC is a prisoner or hostage:

+90% chance of all the following: cloth or leather blindfold and gag, iron arm cuffs, armbinders or yoke and leg cuffs or iron slave boots.

NPC is a beggar:

20% chance of black leather, iron or padded arm and leg cuffs, 10% chance of rag blindfold.

NPC is armored:

+1% chance of restraint key.

NPC is a guard:

+5% chance of restraint key.

NPC is male and not beggar, prisoner, hostage:

+1% chance of chastity key.

NPC is wealthy or influential and male:

+10% chance of chastity key.

(Evalute chastity belt result, then run the below)

NPC is wealthy or influential and did not get a chastity belt added:

+30% chance of a leather harness which always comes with soulgem plugs.

NPC is spellcaster and non-hostile without chastity belt:

+20% chance of a black leather harness which comes with soulgem plugs.

NPC is hostile spellcaster and not assigned a chastity belt:

+10% chance of a black leather harness which comes with soulgem plugs.

NPC is female and has a chastity belt of any type:

all keys removed.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give a heads up, the CCOR patch can create some weird conflicts with users who have PerMa.

LOOT by default will have the FtM-CCOR esp after all of PerMa esps, but before the patches.  For whatever reason, after generating the PerMa Patch, Steel Plate armor will have an armor value of 18.  Versus what it's supposed to have in PerMa (way higher).

Setting the meta rules in LOOT to have all of PerMa's esps load after ANY CCO patch, not just FtM should correct the issue.

Personally, something else is affecting armor values, cause it's now at 17 as opposed to 18 before.

Just wanted to give a heads up, the CCOR patch can create some weird conflicts with users who have PerMa.

LOOT by default will have the FtM-CCOR esp after all of PerMa esps, but before the patches.  For whatever reason, after generating the PerMa Patch, Steel Plate armor will have an armor value of 18.  Versus what it's supposed to have in PerMa (way higher).

Setting the meta rules in LOOT to have all of PerMa's esps load after ANY CCO patch, not just FtM should correct the issue.

Personally, something else is affecting armor values, cause it's now at 17 as opposed to 18 before.

FtM doesn't touch armor or leveled lists, just outfit lists to which the rings that activate FtM on the actor is added to. The FtM-CCOR version combines the outfits so the cloaks from CCOR and rings from FtM both appear otherwise whichever was last would be used and the first one overwritten (so either no cloak or no ring). I don't use PerMa so I don't know what it does to armor, armor leveled lists or outfits but the only way I can see it having an effect on PerMa is if it has alternate versions of armor, leveled lists and adjusted the outfits at which point the FtM-CCOR would revert the outfits to the original items but if it affects crafted items then it is likely CCOR as FtM doesn't affect leveled lists or armor, just outfits.

FtM doesn't touch armor or leveled lists, just outfit lists to which the rings that activate FtM on the actor is added to. The FtM-CCOR version combines the outfits so the cloaks from CCOR and rings from FtM both appear otherwise whichever was last would be used and the first one overwritten (so either no cloak or no ring). I don't use PerMa so I don't know what it does to armor, armor leveled lists or outfits but the only way I can see it having an effect on PerMa is if it has alternate versions of armor, leveled lists and adjusted the outfits at which point the FtM-CCOR would revert the outfits to the original items but if it affects crafted items then it is likely CCOR as FtM doesn't affect leveled lists or armor, just outfits.

I found while troubleshooting that any CCOR or even CCF patches were changing Steel Plate armor value for whatever reason; after moving the esp above the PerMa related esp, armor value changed.  Rebuilt the reproccer patch and the values returned to expected.

PerMa does change the leveled lists and increase the armor values of armor much more, due to how combat is handled differently.  Namely certain weapon damage types ignore a value of armor, with the armor cap close to 1k i believe.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Make sure the keys are allowed for men, I think there is in issue with the conditions there.

Once I get the current Captured Dreams update finished and do some basic updating for DD v4 in it (all part of v4.16) I have another little project planned then I will look at rebuilding For the Masses so it runs better and is more consistent.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant seem to get this mod to work. Basically it doesnt matter what settings I put in, the chances always stay the same. For example: i'll have chastity belts and bras set to 0% and harness's set to 100% and npc's are still getting belts and bras. I've tried hitting that command that says execute(or something like that) on the first page of the mcm and nothing changes. Can someone help and if not is there anyone who has an older version of this mod I could use?

This is the previous version. The current version needs rewritten, I have plans in the future to rewrite it but there are other things that need done first. It is about #5 on my list of things to do.

This has an installer but I don't remember how well it works. make sure you only have 1 esp enabled as there are variations of it for compatibility with some other mods that modify the outfits.

DD - For the Masses II v 2.8.zip

• 4 weeks later...

A little feedback for playing this mod in the current version together with DD v4. It seems to work well for the devices. From a pure player perspective, I see no difference to me old game with DD v3.

BUUUUT:

I haven't seen a single key, yet. It may be random luck, but who knows..?

I use the same settings as I had used with the old DDv3 and I would have seen quite a few of them with these settings until now.

So maybe keys are a different thing now? It would make sense to me.

1 hour ago, worik said:

A little feedback for playing this mod in the current version together with DD v4. It seems to work well for the devices. From a pure player perspective, I see no difference to me old game with DD v3.

BUUUUT:

I haven't seen a single key, yet. It may be random luck, but who knows..?

I use the same settings as I had used with the old DDv3 and I would have seen quite a few of them with these settings until now.

So maybe keys are a different thing now? It would make sense to me.

Likely random, I have had times where I would not see keys for a while and other times it seemed everyone had a key. There should be no difference between v3 and v4 unless they made a different key but that is unlikely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just started using the mod, seems fine with DD4.  Thank you for this. 

Very minor issue, but the fake keys lack the ITMKeyUpSD pick-up sound, so they sound noticeably different than the real versions when picked up (they don't have that metallic "clink"). 

• 3 weeks later...

hi

i seam to have a problem.

only the named npc's get devices the rest at best get a belt. is there a way to get ftm to also equip unnamed npc's? 

by the way, I have the setting to all npc's so that is not the problem.

hope you can help me.

Timking

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Shiranui_Mahamayah said:

Any news on the rewrite. Also should we use the 2.8 version in the mean time.

I have not looked at the rewrite as I am taking a bit of a break. Also, I have a few different ideas on how to rewrite it but they are very different from each other in how they are set up so I need to figure out what method would be the most efficient and have the least impact when entering new cells and new npc's are loaded (which is when this does its thing).

v2.8 will work fine as this simply adds items to the outfit of the npc's so there is no DD scripting done by the mod. When the npc's outfit is equipped on them it will equip the DD devices and DD will handle things itself. There are some issues concerning lag (too many npc's to process so keep the chance for the items lower) and it not detecting if the npc is male or female in some cases (not detecting it fast enough and it continues on not caring which it is).

• 3 months later...
On 28/02/2015 at 21:30, leatherliz said:

Comecei um novo jogo (com LAL / LADL) e verifiquei os logs de papiro após a criação do personagem apenas para ter certeza de que tudo estava correndo bem antes de entrar nele. Houve um dump / trace de pilha, presumo que o FtM é For the Masses (peço desculpas se estiver incorreto), e esperava que alguém pudesse me dizer se isso causaria problemas.

Registro:

Ocultar conteúdos

[02/28/2015 - 07:00:16 PM] ERRO: Não é possível chamar GetGender () em um objeto None, abortando a
pilha de chamadas de função :
[FtMMenu (28016E85)]. Ftmlibs.RunToken () - "ftmlibs.psc" Line 19
[Nenhum] .FtMTokenEffect.OnEffectStart () - "ftmtokeneffect.psc" Linha 12
[28/02/2015 - 07:00:16 PM] Aviso: Atribuindo Nenhum a uma variável não-objeto chamada
pilha ":: temp3" :
[FtMMenu (28016E85)]. Ftmlibs.RunToken () - "ftmlibs.psc" Linha 19
[Nenhum] .FtMTokenEffect.OnEffectStart () - "ftmtokeneffect.psc" Linha 12
[28/02/2015 - 07:00:16 PM] ERRO: Não é possível chamar GetGender () em um objeto Nenhum, abortando a
[Nenhuma] .FtMTokenEffect.OnEffectStart () - "ftmtokeneffect.psc" Linha 12
[02/28/2015 - 07:00:16 PM] warning: Atribuindo None a uma variável não-objeto chamada
stack ":: temp3" :
[FtMMenu (28016E85)]. Ftmlibs.RunToken () - "ftmlibs.psc" Line 19
[None] .FtMTokenEffect.OnEffectStart () - "ftmtokeneffect.psc" Linha 12
[28/02/2015 - 07:00:16 PM] [slaMainScr]: iniciando a manutenção ... Atualização da frequência 120.000000
[28/02/2015 - 07:00:16 PM] ERRO: Não é possível chamar GetGender () em um objeto Nenhum, abortando a
[28/02/2015 - 07:00:16 PM] aviso: Atribuindo None a uma variável não-objeto chamada
[28/02/2015 - 07:00:16 PM] [slaMainScr]: registrado para manutenção
[FtMMenu (28016E85)]. ftmlibs.RunToken () - "ftmlibs.psc" Linha 19
[Nenhum] .FtMTokenEffectC.OnEffectStart () - "ftmtokeneffectc.psc" Linha 12
[28/02/2015 - 07:00:16 PM] aviso: Atribuindo Nenhum a uma variável não-objeto chamada ": : temp3 "
stack:
[FtMMenu (28016E85)]. ftmlibs.RunToken () -" ftmlibs.psc "Linha 19
[Nenhuma] .FtMTokenEffectC.OnEffectStart () -" ftmtokeneffectc.psc "Linha 12
[02/28/2015 - 07:00:16 PM] [slaMainScr]: iniciando a manutenção ... Atualização de frequência 120.000000
[28/02/2015 - 07:00:16 PM] ERRO: Não é possível chamar GetGender () em um objeto Nenhum, abortando
[FtMMenu (28016E85)]. ftmlibs.RunToken () - "ftmlibs.psc" Linha 19
[Nenhuma] .FtMTokenEffectC.OnEffectStart () - "ftmtokeneffectc.psc" Linha 12
[28/02/2015 - 07 : 00: 16PM] warning: Atribuindo None a uma variável não-objeto chamada
[None] .FtMTokenEffectC.OnEffectStart () - "ftmtokeneffectc.psc" Linha 12

Esse é o bit relevante, posso fornecer o log completo, se necessário.

Estou executando o SexLab 1.59c e o DDa / DDi 2.9.0

How do I solve this? I also had this problem in my report

15 hours ago, santosfrei said:

How do I solve this? I also had this problem in my report

Upload the log file so I can see what is happening.

Considering that it uses tags to get items the only things it would have issues with are armbinders/yokes so you could try disabling their use. Otherwise try slowing down how fast it processes if you have a lot of mods that run constantly.