Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

I was trying to use this mod to add keys to NPCs (and, perhaps, the occasional chastity belt to women who want a little extra protection). It doesn't appear that my settings are being respected, though. I've been watching has collars appear on NPCs right before my eyes, even though I set the chances to 0. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

I was trying to use this mod to add keys to NPCs (and, perhaps, the occasional chastity belt to women who want a little extra protection). It doesn't appear that my settings are being respected, though. I've been watching has collars appear on NPCs right before my eyes, even though I set the chances to 0. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Found a solution: It wasn't "For the Masses" at all. Seems "Sexlab Fame" adds items to NPCs...for some reason. (I wasn't expecting that, since it wasn't actually fame-related.)

Found a solution: It wasn't "For the Masses" at all. Seems "Sexlab Fame" adds items to NPCs...for some reason. (I wasn't expecting that, since it wasn't actually fame-related.)

Known issue with that mod. There are settings in MCM, but distribution does not check gender and acts a bit wonky.

Yeah, but I do recall a mod adding collars to all NPC and at first I thought it was FtM (it wasn't). Could very well be Sexlab Fame. This kind of sneaky behavior is problematic when you are trying to troubleshoot an issue.

So yeah FtM do not take gender into account, which is a known bug. But there is also a mod that adds collar to everybody, and it isn't FtM :P

Known issue with that mod. There are settings in MCM, but distribution does not check gender and acts a bit wonky.

It seems like a lot of mods like to slip in extra functionality that isn't obvious to the user. (Case in point, I discovered that Beeing Female creampied my virgin character in her sleep...the hell?!) Cursed Loot's "misogyny" feature took me a while to track down...

Going through all of the MCM options for all of the mods I have makes setting up a new game a complete chore. I think I spent about an hour and a half on this last one, and still missed things like this one.

I almost think someone should compile a list of "hidden features" for people to look out for in popular mods. Really, it'd be nice of SkyUI/MCM had a way of saving settings for mods as well, so new games aren't so hard to start.

Yeah, but I do recall a mod adding collars to all NPC and at first I thought it was FtM (it wasn't). Could very well be Sexlab Fame. This kind of sneaky behavior is problematic when you are trying to troubleshoot an issue.

So yeah FtM do not take gender into account, which is a known bug. But there is also a mod that adds collar to everybody, and it isn't FtM tongue.png

I wasn't actually pointing to FtM, but Sexual Fame. :)

However, FtM indeed seems to also have some glitch, where it gets confused about target gender. I tried to track it down for Veladarius, but couldn't pinpoint it out from the code. Males are getting belts as well - without Devious Devices for Him - and BodySlide supported dresses are naturally invisible.

Going through all of the MCM options for all of the mods I have makes setting up a new game a complete chore. I think I spent about an hour and a half on this last one, and still missed things like this one.

I have been in constant mod testing mode for months now. Setting up MCMs is always a chore, even with FISS. That is true.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the mod hoping to make it so you could possibly find keys on people, but even several hours after starting a new game there were no keys to be found. After testing devices spawning to see if the mod was actually working, I immediately saw keys appearing as well, so I can only assume that keys only spawn if their counterpart device is present. If this is the case then all I can really do is wait for an update to make it so keys can spawn independently from devices.

I intend to rewrite a good part of this (again) as it has not been performing as it should and is still running slower than I would like. I think some of the functions need to be put on the rings such as key generation and the primary gender check (if males are completely blocked from getting devices). I will also adapt the system I used in CD's new Confiscation script for equipping items to try to speed up the process.

okay, first i want to say that i like that mod a lot.

but the fact that men get devices is game breaking for me. so until it's fixed, i'll remove it. a shame really. love seeing npcs equipped, so i hope it get fixed soon. you need help for testing or anything just ask

I found FtM not working on my recent new game. (not happened on my previous plays)

I start recent game with new added mods:

Live another life (+ curse loot start addon but not using it)

Populated Lands/Roads/Dungeons/Forts series, they are non-script mods, just add new generic NPCs.

CCOR 1.7 (also latest WAFR & CCF, but I used they on previous games)

so I pick Ftm+CCOR esp, and use Loot to sort load order.

When I start game using a inn patron start, I set FtM possibility to "widespread"  with "+misc items", but after I wander for over 2 hrs in riften, windhelm and winterhold, no one women seems to have DD equiped. I tried to empty queue but queue keeps at 0. I toggled the notification on but no notifications for equiping queue.

I will try install FtM after LAL start later.

Edit: ok, I found in LAL start DDi will not be fully initialized when the game start. I need to save and reload twice to initialize DDi, and install FtM after DDi initialized will make it work.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

i like this mod - but i still struggle how to make the correct settings work...

1. i choose a preset and click "confirm"

2. I fintune the settings in the additional tabs.

3. I click confirm again.

--> i go into the game - all my Male NPC's wearing chastity Belts!.... Grrr.....

I only clicked that they wear "keys" - and set the option "apply to men" to true in the "Keys tab"

2 Questions.

1. What is the corect way to have a custom setting running.

2. How can i clear a setting if i see my NPC's wearing the wrong stuff?

Thanks for help

Ava

Hello all,

i like this mod - but i still struggle how to make the correct settings work...

1. i choose a preset and click "confirm"

2. I fintune the settings in the additional tabs.

3. I click confirm again.

--> i go into the game - all my Male NPC's wearing chastity Belts!.... Grrr.....

I only clicked that they wear "keys" - and set the option "apply to men" to true in the "Keys tab"

2 Questions.

1. What is the corect way to have a custom setting running.

2. How can i clear a setting if i see my NPC's wearing the wrong stuff?

Thanks for help

Ava

I believe part of the problem is that the scripts are not detecting the subject's sex fast enough, especially if it is run in a script heavy environment. I have been doing some different changes but nothing has been quick and reliable. It is rather frustrating at this point that it gets rather unreliable. In the end I will probably have to rebuild the entire selection process again. Part of the issue is the number of npc's being processed at the same time, try increasing the delay in the MCM menu a bit (on the last page I believe) and see if that helps.

ok - thanks for your fast answer :-)

Yes i have a heavy script environment - running nearly 150 sex lab mods - so i constantly tuning my settings :-)

Nice to know the reason for this - so i can finetune a little bit more then :-)

Thank you for your help

Ava

• 2 weeks later...

So, if i want males to stop getting devices, i need to lower base chance?

Lowering the chance lowers it for everyone. I am not sure why it adds items to males other than it doesn't detect them properly or fast enough. I am looking to remake the process checking if the person should get devices as I want to speed it up as well but I have not had much luck so far.

Lowering the chance lowers it for everyone. I am not sure why it adds items to males other than it doesn't detect them properly or fast enough. I am looking to remake the process checking if the person should get devices as I want to speed it up as well but I have not had much luck so far.

By the way, when both weight to get the belt and harness are set to 100, i see way more harnesses than belts.  Maybe it has something to do with script not working as you want it too.

By the way, when both weight to get the belt and harness are set to 100, i see way more harnesses than belts.  Maybe it has something to do with script not working as you want it too.

Possible but Skyrim is horrible at random number generation. The way it is set up is it adds the weights together (call it x) and generates a random number from 1 to x. If the value is over the weight of the belt then it uses the harness.

Technically you can use the same number for both and it calculates it the same overall, only when they are different does it matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the option for males to have devices as well, do I have to download dd for males to use that option and with the new cock cages are those integrated to replace belts for men?

I saw the option for males to have devices as well, do I have to download dd for males to use that option and with the new cock cages are those integrated to replace belts for men?

The DD addon for Vivi's Cock Cages will use the cages in place of the standard DD belts. I will be releasing a separate patch for CD at some point but there are a lot more belts to go through.

• 1 month later...

Is the last major version of this mod still available? I remember back before the MCM menu changed, I never had issues with males getting devices and so on, now it happens even when I increase processing time.

I plan on rewriting parts of it, apparently the checks for target sex is taking too long and allowing them to pass even though I have it in several spots