Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

Is it just the scripts and the esp that have to be remvoed from FTM II before installing this update?  I no longer have FTM II mod package so I'm not sure which files to delete.

If you already have uninstalled FtM II then you just need to install the new version.

Oh, sorry, I've must've been vague in my post. I meant, that I no longer have the mod package to see which files from that package I need to delete. So, I still have FTM II installed, but don't know which files to delete since rev III has new renamed files.  Oh, and I don't use mod managers, they always give me a hard time, so I manually installed rev II. Since I always manually install my mods, I always keep the downloaded mod package, but I somehow lost the rev II mod.

Scripts are:

ftmtokeneffect

ftmtokeneffect(b through i)

ftmlibs

ftmmcmmenu

All of the FtM3 scripts start with FtM_

Thanks!

I think I figured out this mod, I'm just checking in to be sure:

• Uninstall "Devious Devices for the masses II"
  • Install FTM latest version
  • Use a mod manager to un-select flagged ESP's (so, disable FTM-ccor and Obis ESP

I think I figured out this mod, I'm just checking in to be sure:

• Uninstall "Devious Devices for the masses II"
  • Install FTM latest version
  • Use a mod manager to un-select flagged ESP's (so, disable FTM-ccor and Obis ESP

Yes, remove the old version completely, the new one has all new file names. On the esp's just use 1 esp and disable the others.

For some reason after I install this mod my game loads to the point of the Bethesda logo then crashes and I'm back to my computer's home screen. As far as I can tell, all the required files are updated, and I did not have the For the Masses2 installed so I cannot tell what the problem is. Has anyone else experienced this or did I screw something up royally? Reading back, I realize that never get a start up screen when installing the mod with the options of checking if the CCOR or the OBIS mods are active as well.

For some reason after I install this mod my game loads to the point of the Bethesda logo then crashes and I'm back to my computer's home screen. As far as I can tell, all the required files are updated, and I did not have the For the Masses2 installed so I cannot tell what the problem is. Has anyone else experienced this or did I screw something up royally? Reading back, I realize that never get a start up screen when installing the mod with the options of checking if the CCOR or the OBIS mods are active as well.

Crashing at the opening logo typically means that you are missing a mod that another one requires. Make sure you are using the correct esp from the mod, 4 are included but only 1 is to be used.

The only issue I have come across is sometimes when changing locations an npc is no longer available to apply items to (typically with bandits and such). There is a filter to get rid of these when it selects the next npc to process but sometimes it happens during the process and can stop the processing. If you see this happening (queue does not reduce at all) then use the option to restart the queue (kicks out the current actor and gets another one). For the next update I am looking to add a timer to the process so if it takes too long it will clear it automatically and move on.

I had a similar issue to alexeilm, but with the queue being over 100 actors before I noticed.  'Empty Queue' did nothing and 'Clear stoppage' only removed one or two actors at a time.  I suspect that it was trying to parse invalid / non-existent actors for some reason, and it just borked itself.  (Unfortunately I don't have any logs as I ended up fixing the issue myself).

In general terms, I removed the tail-recursion in the binddummy() function and replaced the CheckQueue() function with the following.  Which should probably be considered pseudocode, as I've added a couple of helper functions as well.  The modifications also required me to move any changes to the 'processingdummy' boolean out of all of the functions with the exception of CheckQueue(), RestartQueue() and ClearQueue().

Function CheckQueue()
    SendDebug("Check for dummies")
    if processingDummy
        return
    endif
    TotalQueueSize = getQueueSize()

while TotalQueueSize > 0
        if ! processingdummy
            processingdummy = true
            SendDebug("Dummies in line: " + TotalQueueSize)
            SendDebug("Let in next dummy")
            LetInDummy()
            processingdummy = false
        endif
        utility.wait(MenuFtM.FtMMatEquipDelay + 0.25)

TotalQueueSize = getQueueSize()
    endwhile

SendDebug("Current queue: " + TotalQueueSize)
Endfunction

In the LetInDummy() function, I also changed all instances of 'if potentialdummy &&' with 'if ( potentialDummy != None ) &&', as I wasn't 100% sure what the result of a boolean test on an object was in papyrus and decided to be explicit in what was being tested for. 

Once the queue reaches 65 NPCs, each new NPC appears with the message https://yadi.sk/i/35_tukBUrP3gj

The queue from 65 to 0 zero cannot be reset. I Have disable the FtM3, clean save with SaveTool program, then enable the mod (Please! Make the ability to save/load the settings). Then everything works correctly. The failure of the FtM3 does not depend on the number of NPCs, and depends on if he's still alive this NPC.

The old FtM version of the mod worked perfectly.

Once the queue reaches 65 NPCs, each new NPC appears with the message https://yadi.sk/i/35_tukBUrP3gj

The queue from 65 to 0 zero cannot be reset. I Have disable the FtM3, clean save with SaveTool program, then enable the mod (Please! Make the ability to save/load the settings). Then everything works correctly. The failure of the FtM3 does not depend on the number of NPCs, and depends on if he's still alive this NPC.

The old FtM version of the mod worked perfectly.

I believe the issue is with the check for if the actor is a viable actor, if it wasn't it would just stop instead of getting a new actor.

As for saving / loading settings once I figure out how to do it I will.

As to the queue functions in the MCM menu the Clear Stoppage command just clears the current npc while the Empty Queues should clear all of them entirely.

Quick question: if I set every slider for chastity belts to 0, would that mean that no chastity belts would be equipped?

You won't get belts or anything else, one has to be equipped to get anything else.

Alright, thanks for the quick answer :)

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question: if I set every slider for chastity belts to 0, would that mean that no chastity belts would be equipped?

You won't get belts or anything else, one has to be equipped to get anything else.

Can I safely assume that "anything else" does not include the keys option.  Or asked another way, the chastity belt requirement does not apply to NPCs receiving keys, correct?  Also, do I need to ensure that the "Add Devices to Men" option on the Keys tab is checked to have keys spawn on male NPCs?

Can I safely assume that "anything else" does not include the keys option.  Or asked another way, the chastity belt requirement does not apply to NPCs receiving keys, correct?  Also, do I need to ensure that the "Add Devices to Men" option on the Keys tab is checked to have keys spawn on male NPCs?

Yes but I am going to separate out the key option from the belt / device options to they are independent from one another. I have a few other changes to make as well to help keep it from stalling out.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe one of my mods, like populated npcs is causing conflicts.. Can't get the queue to go away. Tried installed minimum deviant/sexlab mods. Changed load orders.. New saves.. Any known conflicting mods?

It is an issue with npc's like bandits and other 'leveled' generic npc's as they can unload when their cell is unloaded so they stop being an npc. I have a check already in place when it starts to equip the devices but if they revert in the middle of the process they stop it. I am testing a failsafe timer that if they take too long will kick them out and go on to the next one.

For some reason the option to clear the entire queue is not getting rid of them. What I have done is click on the option to restart the queue which drops the current one a number of times, exit and see if it starts again. Turn on the option to see the messages, if it stops again before hitting 0 clear some more of them out.

Ya, I'm using that option.. It just goes up and up.. I'm also checking the equipment random females around me are wearing. Nada. Driving me nuts, I tried the empty and it just goes back to the number, does just fill up slowly.

I am getting ready to post the update, the failsafe timer is working. You will just need to clear the stoppage for the current npc and it should take over from there.