Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

By any chance Veladarius, do you know which mod adds Zaz items to every single npc in skyrim? They all get a zaz collar for some reason and I'm puzzled as to why.

Sex Lab - Sexual Fame 'Framework' is doing this. I am currently expecting a reply from Versh about how to control a bit better.

i use SL Sexual Fame and first thing i do on new playthrough is turn off the feature on second page of MCM to "allow re-equip for naked submissives" as the feature is script heavy because it literally checks every NPC in a cell for dominant/submissive regardless of sex and adds clothes/collars based on it. I much prefer this mod which adds actual devious devices to npcs, and will be very happy when Veladarius fixes the problem of treating male npcs as female and adding devices to them.

SL Sexual Fame was provided by same mod author that did Devious Devices More Devious Quest, which was alot of fun to play but the author never finished it. Would be great if Versh had finished it and updated to SL1.62 as it had potential to be an awesome mod. his "framework" is no doubt ripped out of that mod as a standalone mod.

Thanks for the new version.

As Morferous said, it was Fame Framework deeds. Speaking of which, would you consider using that framework to determine who gets a DD? Has it assign roles as dominant / sub to NPCs. It also handle fame relative to a place, where a city could become more and more kinky. That system could favors a dynamic chance, to get more or less devious items relative to the city's fame.

I'm not too sure of the utility though, thus my previous question.

Thanks for the new version.

As Morferous said, it was Fame Framework deeds. Speaking of which, would you consider using that framework to determine who gets a DD? Has it assign roles as dominant / sub to NPCs. It also handle fame relative to a place, where a city could become more and more kinky. That system could favors a dynamic chance, to get more or less devious items relative to the city's fame.

I'm not too sure of the utility though, thus my previous question.

I would have to look at it and see how difficult it would be to tie into though I would not want to make it a requirement.

Hi Veladarius,

I tried the new version 1.04, I can still find DD items on men (nor enabled them). Both times the items were from Captured Dreams.

Peace,

M

If you went to the areas where you were before those items would still be on them. I tested it by going to major cities on a new game and didn't get any devices on men.

In the Misc section of the MCM menu there's values for adding catsuits and hoods. Where from (from which mod) they are taken?

I have them in the mod Devious Extras, the link is in my signature. Don't use the Captured Dreams version as it is not compatible with it any longer (can't add the items to outfits or merchant lists) but the normal version will still be used by CD when adding items.

I've just had a look at v1.04 and the ftm_optionals script still has the array issue.

I had misread what was posted earlier and thought it was the MCM menu with the issue. I will get it fixed.

In the Misc section of the MCM menu there's values for adding catsuits and hoods. Where from (from which mod) they are taken?

I have them in the mod Devious Extras, the link is in my signature. Don't use the Captured Dreams version as it is not compatible with it any longer (can't add the items to outfits or merchant lists) but the normal version will still be used by CD when adding items.

Thank you very much for the reply!

Have you thought about adding Cursed Loot items support?

Thank you very much for the reply!

Have you thought about adding Cursed Loot items support?

All the items are added using tags and Kimy didn't add any for Cursed Loot items.

Hello, Veladarius.

I think there is a problem with current release. For few times now I have noticed that some males are acting as they had devious devices added to them. I triple checked that I did not have any male item checkbox selected. I do not have any male devices installed either.

It is not all of them, but some. For example, I was doing a test run for my new profile today, when Brenuin walked past me. He sounded like he was equipped with pony boots and had half of his arms missing, like he was wearing an armbinder.

I did have boots and armbinder checked for testing purposes, but armbinder was not even checked for Beggars at all.

This happened twice, both with new game. I did not notice to have Papyrus log active and I tried to make one several times, but the problem did not appear. I will keep trying, but I decided to mention it anyway, in case that you notice something that went wrong there.

I also have another question. I once asked about restricting posture collar. Does it have some special keywords? I set my game so that all females had 100% change to get collar, all leather and no posture collars. Still the restricting collar appeared several times in game.

My intention was to give all low class females a collar for the actual playthrough, but for some reason restricting collar looks weird with clothed females. It is not a big problem, but I decided to ask about that as well.

I do have the latest update for FtM and I did tests with new game, including newly made Bashes Patch.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you explain how the setting work in this mod?  I primarily use it to add keys to NPC's so that I can pickpocket them.  So I've set the chance for keys to 100% and chance for real key to something like 8%.  Most of the DD settings are actually 0% or low.  But I still rarely see keys on NPCs.  Do I have to somehow save my settings in some way or reset cells?  

Hello, Veladarius.

I think there is a problem with current release. For few times now I have noticed that some males are acting as they had devious devices added to them. I triple checked that I did not have any male item checkbox selected. I do not have any male devices installed either.

It is not all of them, but some. For example, I was doing a test run for my new profile today, when Brenuin walked past me. He sounded like he was equipped with pony boots and had half of his arms missing, like he was wearing an armbinder.

I did have boots and armbinder checked for testing purposes, but armbinder was not even checked for Beggars at all.

This happened twice, both with new game. I did not notice to have Papyrus log active and I tried to make one several times, but the problem did not appear. I will keep trying, but I decided to mention it anyway, in case that you notice something that went wrong there.

I also have another question. I once asked about restricting posture collar. Does it have some special keywords? I set my game so that all females had 100% change to get collar, all leather and no posture collars. Still the restricting collar appeared several times in game.

My intention was to give all low class females a collar for the actual playthrough, but for some reason restricting collar looks weird with clothed females. It is not a big problem, but I decided to ask about that as well.

I do have the latest update for FtM and I did tests with new game, including newly made Bashes Patch.

Check his inventory for any devices, he may just be missing the scriptinstance part (the one with no name). It may also be that the items are not rendering properly, I am guessing you have DD for Him installed?

The system uses tags to get the items and pulls anything that matches, the restrictive ones would still match unfortunately. I will have to look into how I am selecting the tag keywords and see what I can do to improve their accuracy.

Can you explain how the setting work in this mod?  I primarily use it to add keys to NPC's so that I can pickpocket them.  So I've set the chance for keys to 100% and chance for real key to something like 8%.  Most of the DD settings are actually 0% or low.  But I still rarely see keys on NPCs.  Do I have to somehow save my settings in some way or reset cells?  

Currently they must have some sort of device to get a key, I will have to make some changes to this.

Currently they must have some sort of device to get a key, I will have to make some changes to this.

Thank you for explaining.  I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.  It sounds a little strange immersion-wise though.  If they have a key and a device... why are they still wearing the device? :P    I'll have to work around the restriction since this is a bondage mod after all...   Is it any device or is it the Chastity Devices tab?

Thank you for explaining.  I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.  It sounds a little strange immersion-wise though.  If they have a key and a device... why are they still wearing the device? :P    I'll have to work around the restriction since this is a bondage mod after all...   Is it any device or is it the Chastity Devices tab?

They have to have a chastity device. I think I will be changing things so the keys are handled separately and that you don't have to have a belt to get other items.

They have to have a chastity device. I think I will be changing things so the keys are handled separately and that you don't have to have a belt to get other items.

:heart:

Check his inventory for any devices, he may just be missing the scriptinstance part (the one with no name). It may also be that the items are not rendering properly, I am guessing you have DD for Him installed?

The system uses tags to get the items and pulls anything that matches, the restrictive ones would still match unfortunately. I will have to look into how I am selecting the tag keywords and see what I can do to improve their accuracy.

I do not have Devious Devises for Him installed.

Also, I checked several times: none of the check boxes for male content was selected. Our friendly neighborhood magical* beggar still acted like he had items.

Skryim SE has keep me busy. I took a part to a project, which has drained all my time from LL mods. Mods have also updated to a point that I really need to make a new game for old Skryim. I will leave Papyrus log active and try to spot out, if I can spot the same behavior with Brenuin, or with some other male characters. So far I have only encountered that problem with Brenuin though.

* = magic, because there is no other way for him to hide that big pile of hair under the small rag. huh.png

So I'm pretty sure this is doing nothing for me at all.  I've had it on for a while and no NPCs have any devices on them.  The queue is empty as well.  And I never have gotten any notification messages about the mod being initialized or doing anything at all.

Is this a known conflict with some other mods or a load order problem?  I primarily have CBBE HDT, Devious Devices, SexLab and SoS (Schlongs of Skyrim)

Thanks!

I do not have Devious Devises for Him installed.

Also, I checked several times: none of the check boxes for male content was selected. Our friendly neighborhood magical* beggar still acted like he had items.

Skryim SE has keep me busy. I took a part to a project, which has drained all my time from LL mods. Mods have also updated to a point that I really need to make a new game for old Skryim. I will leave Papyrus log active and try to spot out, if I can spot the same behavior with Brenuin, or with some other male characters. So far I have only encountered that problem with Brenuin though.

* = magic, because there is no other way for him to hide that big pile of hair under the small rag. huh.png

It checks specifically if they are male as the first thing it does, maybe he has a really good disguise if it only happens to him.

So I'm pretty sure this is doing nothing for me at all.  I've had it on for a while and no NPCs have any devices on them.  The queue is empty as well.  And I never have gotten any notification messages about the mod being initialized or doing anything at all.

Is this a known conflict with some other mods or a load order problem?  I primarily have CBBE HDT, Devious Devices, SexLab and SoS (Schlongs of Skyrim)

Thanks!

Anything that changes the npc outfits will conflict with it. Also, if it was installed during a pre-existing game any npc's that have been loaded already won't get anything until they are reset by Skyrim after a while.

Thanks, Veladarius. I think I did start to see it working (at least, I got a notification that it was), but the game had gotten so unstable by then that it would crash entering a new cell.  So I started a new game using all the same mods.  I can't tell if it's working or not yet.  But now I have bigger problems: my height scale is slider missing from the race menu, DDe stopped doing anything at all and all my male Vanilla NPCs have greyscale faces.  And I didn't change anything with mods between my old game and starting my new one.  Now I'm trying to install the grey face fix for ApachiiHair through NMM and NMM is taking hours to apply a 140Mb mod.  Sigh.

Oh, the joys of Skyrim modding: where you spend more time getting the mods to work than actually playing the damn game.  :)

What is OBIS? and CCOR?

OBIS - Organized Bandits in Skyrim

CCOR - Complete Crafting Overhaul Redux

Thank you. Also just a suggestion, why not make it clear on the mod page? That would spare the need for people to search for it inside this rather lengthy discussion topic.