Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

Apologies for being a noob, but for some reason every time I try to get this mod to work, I get a CTD.  As in, the game doesn't even start. I get to the Bethesday screen, and poof!

I imagine it might be my load order, but I wanted to check here first...

Apologies for being a noob, but for some reason every time I try to get this mod to work, I get a CTD.  As in, the game doesn't even start. I get to the Bethesday screen, and poof!

I imagine it might be my load order, but I wanted to check here first...

• 2 weeks later...

Dropping a quick line here in case someone else encounters this:

If your Devious Devices menu doesn't appear when you have For the Masses (or Devious Regulations) installed:

Block your skyproc patchers (like ASIS or EBD) from accessing said mods (blocklist.txt or similar).

I still think it's weird, but it worked wonders for me.

/psa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

Thanks for your mods! :)

Just out of curiosity, am I supposed to be able to loot devious devices from dead people? I mean a chastity belt, if worn, should be locked on, and I shouldn't be able to just loot it without a proper key.

Did i mess something up with my mods, or is that not a feature (yet)?

If the latter, do you plan on adding this mechanism or similar to the mod? I think it would be more realistic.

Regards, and have fun!

Hi!

Thanks for your mods! :)

Just out of curiosity, am I supposed to be able to loot devious devices from dead people? I mean a chastity belt, if worn, should be locked on, and I shouldn't be able to just loot it without a proper key.

Did i mess something up with my mods, or is that not a feature (yet)?

If the latter, do you plan on adding this mechanism or similar to the mod? I think it would be more realistic.

Regards, and have fun!

Yes, you can loot the items from the dead but is part of Integration and would requiring a change there. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How do I unsintall this in a manner that removes the devices? Do I need to uninstall the Devous Devices Framework?

Or rather, I want to use this mod to provide keys that i can pickpocket, but not strap people up in gear, however I realized this mid playthrough

How do I unsintall this in a manner that removes the devices? Do I need to uninstall the Devous Devices Framework?

Or rather, I want to use this mod to provide keys that i can pickpocket, but not strap people up in gear, however I realized this mid playthrough

If you just want to have it distribute keys set the chance of npc's getting belts to 0, they must get a belt to get other devices but keys are calculated separately.

If you just want to have it distribute keys set the chance of npc's getting belts to 0, they must get a belt to get other devices but keys are calculated separately.

i accidentaly had belts distributed, and i don't know how to undo that

i accidentaly had belts distributed, and i don't know how to undo that

Items will disappear from npc's once they reset, usually takes being away from the cell for a while. If you want to force them to reset either reset their inventory using the console or resurrect them, those will force the npc to reacquire their outfits.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize if this has been asked already, but I wasn't able to found anything about it other than the druagr rusted belts.  I keep finding items that can't be unlocked with keys, specifically the restraint keys don't seem to work at all.  I have the chance to find real keys set at 100%, and even tried with keys that I crafted, but so far every collar, arm cuff, leg cuff, boot, or gag I try to unlock doesn't have an option to unluck with key.  The chastity belts and chastity bras seem to work fine with the chastity key though.  Can anyone tell me what's happening?  The only mods I have that should add stuff to the DD lists are DDA, DDX, DDI, and Captured Dreams.  I also have Defeat and Devious Captured to go with it,  but I don't think they add any new devices.

I apologize if this has been asked already, but I wasn't able to found anything about it other than the druagr rusted belts.  I keep finding items that can't be unlocked with keys, specifically the restraint keys don't seem to work at all.  I have the chance to find real keys set at 100%, and even tried with keys that I crafted, but so far every collar, arm cuff, leg cuff, boot, or gag I try to unlock doesn't have an option to unluck with key.  The chastity belts and chastity bras seem to work fine with the chastity key though.  Can anyone tell me what's happening?  The only mods I have that should add stuff to the DD lists are DDA, DDX, DDI, and Captured Dreams.  I also have Defeat and Devious Captured to go with it,  but I don't think they add any new devices.

If the keys you are crafting are not working then it is likely an issue with Integration. You can try spawning a key using the console with the following player.additem xx01775F 1  with xx being the load position of Integration.

So, I just checked through the console for every type of key and found 3 chastity keys and 2 restraint keys.  I'm guessing one of each are the "fake key" types from DD for the masses.  So I checked the ID of the keys I already had (the ones that I know don't work) and it came up as 1900C66D.  Which isn't one of the ones I found listed when I typed either "help key" or "help restraints", both of which showed me the 2 restraints keys with different IDs.  Any idea where this one is coming from?  I have two, both crafted through the regular smithing interface after I got the devious smithing perk from the book.  So I'm guessing that something got confused and the wrong key got crafter, but I don't know where these messed up keys came from.  I don't think captured dreams or helpless adds any new keys that are just called "restraints key", although since this is my first time trying to figure something like this out I'm really not sure.  I'm going to post this into the DD integration topic as well to see if its something from there.

Edit:  Did a little testing, found out that the object ID changes when I put it in a container in my house (the Asteria mod, which is where the '19' seems to come from in the objectID).  I went to the forge in the house and crafted another restraint key, it works just fine, but its ID doesn't match any of the ones I saw before either.  I'm wondering, does a crafter object get a unique ID instead of the ID from the asset?  Also, is it possible that when I crafted the first couple (the ones that didn't work) that I got a "fake key" instead of the normal ones from Integration?  If so, thats okay, but if its intended to work that way I wasn't aware of that.  If not, then maybe and masses aren't quite working completely in sync with each other in my install.

Crafting through Integration will only give you working keys, no fakes, and is not able to produce keys from other mods.

For the Masses does not have crafting of keys in it, the only way keys, real or fake, are distributed is on people or in chests and it is not possible for it to distribute any keys from the Asteria mod.

The Asteria mod likely has its own keys for custom items which will not work on any DD items except ones from that mod. It is possible that this mod has its own crafting recipes for keys and don't show unless you have the proper abilities and materials to make them and don't appear if you don't. If the item ID's are being changed then it is the Asteria mod that is doing it.

Vel I know you're busy with Caputred Dreams and all, but any chance of getting an update to this for the new CCOR as with the newest version we don't need the Cloaks.esp active nor do you need the WIC.esp as they are both included within CCOR now

I really wish I knew more about skyrim modding as I'd do it myself but I don't sorry :(

Vel I know you're busy with Caputred Dreams and all, but any chance of getting an update to this for the new CCOR as with the newest version we don't need the Cloaks.esp active nor do you need the WIC.esp as they are both included within CCOR now

I really wish I knew more about skyrim modding as I'd do it myself but I don't sorry :(

I will take a look at it, the main reason for the patches was to combine the changes to the outfits.

I am getting closer to being able to update For the Masses. One of the things I had to work out was adding items by tags instead of how I had been doing it. I have the equipping script working in Captured Dreams properly so I can use that here. I still have to work out how I want to organize the MCM menu though.

• 2 months later...

I have good news and bad news.

Bad news is that halotosis is no longer working on the mod with me. There were some disagreements as I can be difficult to work with at times (halotosis did not say that, it is my own admission).

Good new is that it pushed me to put CD on hold for a bit and work on FtM 3. It has been rebuilt from the ground up but I have managed to keep the look and feel the same including keeping the preset generator that Aelie worked hard to make for FtM II.

I still have to put the new tag system in place and distribute the rings again but beyond that the new system works.

Some of the new features:

- Addressed the issue of 'equip overload' (one of halotosis's complaints of FtM II) so devices are equipped on npc's one at a time.

- All types of devices are covered, if it has been tagged for use in Integration it can be used.

- Support for additional mods - CD and DD Equip devices will be available for use.

- You can set a chance for preferred finishes of devices, both metal and leather as well as the chance that the poor (or lucky) person bound will get your preferred colors and finishes

- Mod will be easily updated if any mods come out with new color choices just by replacing 1 script not the entire mod. The script will be backwards compatible as it just identifies available mods and adds them into the lists, if you uninstall one of the mods just reset the lists in the MCM menu.

- I will be making alternate ESP's for use with CCOR and OBIS.

FtM 3 is working except for the tag system, the array lists in the MCM menu's are picky about how they are set up.

Equipping of devices on npc's is slower since it is doing them one at a time, it is most noticeable when entering an interior or major city, especially if the chance of getting devices is high. I was testing at both 50% and 100% of npc's getting devices so it wasn't too bad considering there was no slowdown of the game while it did it.