Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

the newest version 2.8.3 and sexlab does show in the mcm menu but ZAZ does not.

Try reinstalling zaz as Integration uses a number of resources from that.

i think you are 1 of my new heros XD

the problem was zaz, i had 601 and now i tryed installing 600 and everything workt

and i hope every thing will keep working.

and i want to thank you for your help

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is there any plans on how to rid myself of the fake keys? I've never gotten to the dominant level enough in Captured Dreams to know if I could sell it to the Master.

Maybe let the player sell the fake keys to the Master through a dialog for a flat fee or let the player be able to turn a batch of them into ingots to sell. I'd imagine that using fake keys would increase the likelihood of the lock to be jammed as of 2.8.3, but since there's no way to recover from it I would have a love/hate thing if its implemented too soon lol

• 2 weeks later...

I started off with a problem that non of the restraint or chastity keys I was finding would unlock anything. So to solve it I was running around looking for keys, they had suddenly become very rare. So I took a look in the MCM menu and discovered that key chance was set at 3.

Now I had not changed it from default so I was a bit surprised but no biggy, I just increased it. However no matter what I do the next time I open the menu it is back at 3.

So no keys (or very few) and none open anything. I should note that the real keys is also set on 100% (Normally I use 25-50% but it has somehow changed as well).

Have you run into this one before?

I have not added any new mods, it is an old established set up I have been using for awhile, although this particular game is new.

Thanks

Update: I pulled a Microsoft and simply shut everything down and rebooted my machine and restarted the game. I was them able to reset the values and it seems to have stuck. Still not sure how it changed or why it would not allow me to reset the values but I have a fix.

On an aside I learned that several of the DD mods make it so that not all keys will open all items. So that's likely my keys not working issue.

Play and learn.

@Veladarius

do you happen to have a list of Follower mod's that will work with this mod?

i've tried so far about 10 different follower mods and they all give me the same

problem (NPCS wearing the items)

As it modifies standard outfits any follower mod that uses them will end up with them as well. If they have the items on when you first meet them you can change the chances to 0 and reset their inventory, it will remove the items and give them their starting gear so don't give them anything else before doing that.

I started off with a problem that non of the restraint or chastity keys I was finding would unlock anything. So to solve it I was running around looking for keys, they had suddenly become very rare. So I took a look in the MCM menu and discovered that key chance was set at 3.

Now I had not changed it from default so I was a bit surprised but no biggy, I just increased it. However no matter what I do the next time I open the menu it is back at 3.

So no keys (or very few) and none open anything. I should note that the real keys is also set on 100% (Normally I use 25-50% but it has somehow changed as well).

Have you run into this one before?

I have not added any new mods, it is an old established set up I have been using for awhile, although this particular game is new.

Thanks

Update: I pulled a Microsoft and simply shut everything down and rebooted my machine and restarted the game. I was them able to reset the values and it seems to have stuck. Still not sure how it changed or why it would not allow me to reset the values but I have a fix.

On an aside I learned that several of the DD mods make it so that not all keys will open all items. So that's likely my keys not working issue.

Play and learn.

It sounds like the global variable is not being set properly, some papyrus errors can damage script properties so it may not be properly set anymore. You can disable the mod, open the game and save then enable it again, that should fix it, just do it in an interior with as few people as possible.

• 1 month later...

I started a new game (with LAL/LADL) and checked the papyrus logs after character creation just to make sure everything was running okay before getting into it. There was a stack dump/trace, I assume FtM is For the Masses (I apologize if this is incorrect), and was hoping someone could tell me if this is going to cause problems.

Log:

[02/28/2015 - 07:00:16PM] ERROR: Cannot call GetGender() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[FtMMenu (28016E85)].ftmlibs.RunToken() - "ftmlibs.psc" Line 19
[None].FtMTokenEffect.OnEffectStart() - "ftmtokeneffect.psc" Line 12
[02/28/2015 - 07:00:16PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp3"
stack:
[02/28/2015 - 07:00:16PM] ERROR: Cannot call GetGender() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[02/28/2015 - 07:00:16PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp3"
stack:
[02/28/2015 - 07:00:16PM] [slaMainScr ]: starting maintenance... Update frequency 120.000000
stack:
stack:
[02/28/2015 - 07:00:16PM] [slaMainScr ]: registered for maintenance
stack:
[None].FtMTokenEffectC.OnEffectStart() - "ftmtokeneffectc.psc" Line 12
stack:
[02/28/2015 - 07:00:16PM] [slaMainScr ]: starting maintenance... Update frequency 120.000000
stack:
stack:

That's the relevant bit, I can provide the full log if need be.

I'm running SexLab 1.59c and DDa/DDi 2.9.0

I started a new game (with LAL/LADL) and checked the papyrus logs after character creation just to make sure everything was running okay before getting into it. There was a stack dump/trace, I assume FtM is For the Masses (I apologize if this is incorrect), and was hoping someone could tell me if this is going to cause problems.

Log:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

[02/28/2015 - 07:00:16PM] [slaMainScr ]: registered for maintenance

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

That's the relevant bit, I can provide the full log if need be.

I'm running SexLab 1.59c and DDa/DDi 2.9.0

It is probably going through the first check of the scripts on the enchantments, since no one is wearing the ring it has no one to check the gender of.

It is probably going through the first check of the scripts on the enchantments, since no one is wearing the ring it has no one to check the gender of.

Okay, thanks!

I managed to get my game reeaaally unstable, so after cleaning up mods and all but reinstalling Skyrim I'm feeling a little on the paranoid side.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

installation wizard is super weird i dont have any of the additional mods (CCO/WIC/COS ) installed don't use them and it doesn't allow deselecting them. 

Installer does not currently allow disabling the feature, but it creates a secondary ESP file. You can delete or disable that from your load order.

(For the record, I can recommend using Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade and mods associated with it. CCOR fixes plenty of bugs, missing recipes and silly things.)

• 1 month later...

Just out of curiosity, why does this mod not have Cloaks of Skyrim as a required mod?  The installer gives no option to not use its patch.

The installer was not set up correctly (by me) and should have been set so it did not need the patch installed. You can disable the patch esp and delete it if you want, the mod will run without it.

Just out of curiosity, why does this mod not have Cloaks of Skyrim as a required mod?  The installer gives no option to not use its patch.

The installer was not set up correctly (by me) and should have been set so it did not need the patch installed. You can disable the patch esp and delete it if you want, the mod will run without it.

It won't conflict with Complete Crafting Overhaul?

It won't conflict with Complete Crafting Overhaul?

It shouldn't, all the patches do is combine outfits of the different mods.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a CTD from this mod. After some debugging, I found this mod will try to equip restrictive devices on NPCs with a small probability, aka 1/101, when corresponding toggle is set but the probability slider is set to 0 (default settings). If the enemy is hostile and the device is armbinder, you may get a CTD. It's counterintuitive that events can occur when their probability is set to 0. Glad to see you are still maintain this mod, Vel, maybe you could fix this issue in next patch?

I just got a CTD from this mod. After some debugging, I found this mod will try to equip restrictive devices on NPCs with a small probability, aka 1/101, when corresponding toggle is set but the probability slider is set to 0 (default settings). If the enemy is hostile and the device is armbinder, you may get a CTD. It's counterintuitive that events can occur when their probability is set to 0. Glad to see you are still maintain this mod, Vel, maybe you could fix this issue in next patch?

I will update it so the generated number is 1 - 100 instead of the 0 - 100 default. As for the crash it is likely from the armbinder animation as all the items are handled the same way.

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into an interesting problem and I'm not sure how to fix it. Currently, I don't seem to be able to get any enemies to spawn to with any of additional items, as if they are not even getting a glowing ring when they spawn. I am running with OBIS and CCO, with the compatibility patch, and none of the enemies show up with any of the restraints, even with all of the spawn chance settings at max in the FtM MCM. I'm not sure what has changed, but in the past I was able to set the spawn rates to max and have pretty much every bandit have some amount of restraints on them, and now I can't get any to show up at all. Thoughts?

Make sure the patches are loaded after the mods.

Edit: If that was the issue you won't see them on any npc's already loaded, the rings are part of their outfit and won't appear until they reset. If you want to test it you can resurrect one and check them immediately for the ring.

The only reason I can think of that it would have an issue is if the MCM menu i having difficulties starting. There should not be any sort of issue from the equipping of devices as it will not add them to npc's who have already been activated by the game. Try going into a small interior space then activate it so the script load from other scripts is minimal.