Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

Ok, figured out the issue with items not appearing on npc's, all the properties pointing to Integration were broken. If you updated during a game it didn't have an effect as they were already identified but on a new game it would be broken. I have uploaded a new version with the fixed properties, if you are having issues uninstall the mod, load and save your game then install the new version and set it up again.

Ok, figured out the issue with items not appearing on npc's, all the properties pointing to Integration were broken. If you updated during a game it didn't have an effect as they were already identified but on a new game it would be broken. I have uploaded a new version with the fixed properties, if you are having issues uninstall the mod, load and save your game then install the new version and set it up again.

Thank you for the updated file, it appears to be working just fine.   I was seeing devices on dead bandits with the original file, I only have friendlies enabled.  

Thank you. Everything works great now. Love your mods!

• 2 weeks later...

Not corrupted but cursed, right? Anyways, it sounds like this is wrong thread for this nice  idea...

Cursed sounds better.

I thought that this idea would be easier to implement with a mod that already makes devious devices random loot.

Hi,

First of all great mod, I love it and been using it for a while :)

I came across an interesting conflict between this mod and the HDT breast physic.esm, HDT breast physic.esp and the two Dawnguard and Dragonborn.  For some reason with those are  installed, I did not find any devious devices on any NPC, bandit, etc...  That means no key either.  Quite annoying when you start a new character with live a deviant life.  As soon as those 3 mod were remove I immediately saw devices on some npc and eventually I found some keys.  Just thought I let you know.

Beside that your mod is awesome, keep up the good work ;).

Hmm not sure what's wrong but the MCM Menu's are blank. No sub categories...

Did the Devious Devices MCM menu load properly?

DD For the Masses MCM menu does not load, if DD MCM was not initialized.

i'm having the same problem, FTM or any other DD mod (except captured dreams shop) doesn't load when FTM is active, the MCM menu for FTM is the only one that shows and is blank, already tried using the console to reload the MCM menu but it didn't work, anyone have an idea why this happens?

Hmm not sure what's wrong but the MCM Menu's are blank. No sub categories...

Did the Devious Devices MCM menu load properly?

DD For the Masses MCM menu does not load, if DD MCM was not initialized.

i'm having the same problem, FTM or any other DD mod (except captured dreams shop) doesn't load when FTM is active, the MCM menu for FTM is the only one that shows and is blank, already tried using the console to reload the MCM menu but it didn't work, anyone have an idea why this happens?

I have never experienced a situation like that. Every time FTM MCM have not started, the problem has been that Devious Devices MCM did not start. What I meant above is that FTM seems to require DD MCM to load properly, or it is not able to load itself.

DD menu usually activates itself during second time I try to create a new game and everything works fine from that moment onward, so we are not likely suffering from the same bug...

Edit: *Ups* 100 posts. I am getting comfortable here. :)

Devices from this mod are found on living npcs not dead ones - or at least those who were alive before you or someone/thing else killed them.

From what i understand glowing rings are added to every single npc (or almost) and they have a chance of turning into devious devices when npc is loaded by your game.

But if that npc is already dead when loaded then glowing rings cant turn into devices. Thats why you will keep finding those rings on every single dead body which was already dead when you entered some cell.

It was said once that if you plant those rings on living npc they may turn into devices - but i've never actually succeded in doing so.

Hey,

I've found alot(~20 total) of glowing rings on corpses, but not a single device. Any tips?

If they were never alive to begin with (placed as a dead body) the rings will not work on them, Skyrim considers them to be more of a container than an npc so it doesn't activate any enchantments on them.

If you killed them and they had the ring then it is not working correctly as the ring removes itself once it activates.

For each of the npc groups listed in the MCM menu there is a ring, 9 total I believe. If that particular group is not active then that ring won't do anything. Also, the chances of it producing something is based on the MCM Menu settings. I have given a few to npc's and they don't always equip them right away.

I believe they were alive before encountering me. Is there a chance the ring is given to them after they are killed?  :s

No, it is added as part of their outfit and should activate as soon as they are loaded. Can you upload a papyrus log? Go to a town and resurrect people walking around as it will reset their outfits and the ring will be given to them again. It should let me see what is not working.

No, it is added as part of their outfit and should activate as soon as they are loaded. Can you upload a papyrus log? Go to a town and resurrect people walking around as it will reset their outfits and the ring will be given to them again. It should let me see what is not working.

Sorry, how do I do that? :s

I've actually found a key and a harness today, so I guess it works ok.

Also, I've noticed the following situation: I kill guys, check their loot, go to another place in the same cell, then I go back to their bodies, check them again and see the rings. Is this even possible? I'll try to repeat this again and will provide you with log if I will succeed. :s

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2791993 Instructions on enabling it and where they are saved is in the second post.

The rings should be there from the start if it is not working since they are part of their outfits.

Something else you can try:

-Uninstall the mod

-open the game, and save

-reinstall the mod

If there are any broken properties (most likely) it should fix them.

The DD FtM - cloak.esp in the fmod (which I thought works with cloaks of skyrim) actually looks like it is referencing 1nivWICCloaks.esp not Cloaks.esp... all the same. Without 1nivWICCloaks.esp installed on top of it all I get 

[07/18/2014 - 02:01:45PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[07/18/2014 - 02:01:45PM] error: Native function GetUseSound in empty state does not match existing signature on linked type Potion. Function will not be bound.
[07/18/2014 - 02:01:45PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[07/18/2014 - 02:01:45PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)
[07/18/2014 - 02:01:47PM] Cannot open store for class "xflscript", missing file?

and then ctd'd 

which makes me wonder? If DD FtM - cloak.esp takes cloaks.esp in consideration at all?

The DD FtM - cloak.esp in the fmod (which I thought works with cloaks of skyrim) actually looks like it is referencing 1nivWICCloaks.esp not Cloaks.esp... all the same. Without 1nivWICCloaks.esp installed on top of it all I get 

[07/18/2014 - 02:01:45PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[07/18/2014 - 02:01:45PM] error: Native function GetUseSound in empty state does not match existing signature on linked type Potion. Function will not be bound.

[07/18/2014 - 02:01:45PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)

[07/18/2014 - 02:01:45PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

[07/18/2014 - 02:01:47PM] Cannot open store for class "xflscript", missing file?

and then ctd'd 

which makes me wonder? If DD FtM - cloak.esp takes cloaks.esp in consideration at all?

This is the esp for just using cloaks, I may have the incorrect file in the mod: DD FtM - Cloaks patch.esp