Devious Devices - For the Masses v3.04 - Files removed

Is there any way to use a stolen key?

I stole *cough* found one in a wardrobe in the Winking Skeever (I have real keys set to 100) but it won't give an unlock option. I've tried fencing it but you can't sell it either.

It's most vexing indeed :)

Nope, though I had considered creating additional sets of items identical to the others that use those keys and adding them at random as well. You wouldn't know what key you needed until you went to take it off...

I'm confused on the rusted chastity belt my 'toon is wearing in Skyrim Unbound and which comes from this mod (I believe; at worst, I'm close).  I've been waiting for an answer to my question in that thread; but, Idk which mod actually controls my problem in the first place, so, I'm going to try here, too.

I did learn that that belt requires a special, rusted key dropped by draugr.  But, there may be something more to this, because I've gone through four barrow sites and only found one rusted key in the first site-- and it didn't work.  After that, they've coughed up ordinary restraint and chastity keys' but, never another rusted key.  I set the frequency up to 15% instead of the default 10% because I started Skyrim Unbound so late in the game that I don't have many draugr sites left.  Meanwhile, I can't get anything else done until I get the belt off, of course-- my mage character gets shut down every time she casts a spell. 

I'm confused on the rusted chastity belt my 'toon is wearing in Skyrim Unbound and which comes from this mod (I believe; at worst, I'm close).  I've been waiting for an answer to my question in that thread; but, Idk which mod actually controls my problem in the first place, so, I'm going to try here, too.

I did learn that that belt requires a special, rusted key dropped by draugr.  But, there may be something more to this, because I've gone through four barrow sites and only found one rusted key in the first site-- and it didn't work.  After that, they've coughed up ordinary restraint and chastity keys' but, never another rusted key.  I set the frequency up to 15% instead of the default 10% because I started Skyrim Unbound so late in the game that I don't have many draugr sites left.  Meanwhile, I can't get anything else done until I get the belt off, of course-- my mage character gets shut down every time she casts a spell. 

The rusted belts and keys are from Deviously Helpless, the keys are custom. If the key didn't work then it is an issue with the belt as they don't have any fakes for those.

Vel, do you plan to release updated version of this mod to include all new items from DDi and DDx?

Most likely. There are some newer commands I need to figure out so I can use the tags system in Integration so it can pull from most any mod. Also, there are more items coming and I am not sure how they will be set up as of yet.

Restrainings seem to be a litle buggy. I have activated them for all NPC (All or nothing :D) and the equiping works just fine. But the behaviour of the NPC did not change. NPCs with gaggs still talk and even blindfoldet they walk streight. The most scary thing are Armbinder: the NPCs are wearing the Armbinder at the Back, but are useing their arms freely. but JUST their arms, the have no hands! I nearly screamed, when a Bandit was chargeing at me with just arms and a flying Axe. :blink:

Could an option in MCM please be created to allow for the devices which spawn on NPCs (if equipped) to be considered locked on (need keys).

That would be a function of Integration to require keys to remove items from dead bodies. I would have to modify the scripts on standard devices to do that.

[09/23/2014 - 10:22:39PM] Cannot open store for class "FtMMCMConfigMenu", missing file?
[09/23/2014 - 10:22:39PM] Error: Unable to bind script FtMMCMConfigMenu to FtMMenu (2A016E85) because their base types do not match
[09/23/2014 - 10:22:39PM] Cannot open store for class "ftmlibs", missing file?

Does anybody else keep getting this error in the debug file?

[09/23/2014 - 10:22:39PM] Cannot open store for class "FtMMCMConfigMenu", missing file?

[09/23/2014 - 10:22:39PM] Error: Unable to bind script FtMMCMConfigMenu to FtMMenu (2A016E85) because their base types do not match

Is the mod working?

Is the mod working?

The rings show up, but nothing else does.

Is the mod working?

There may have been an error in installation and the ftmlibs script file was not installed. Uninstall the mod, make a clean save then reinstall and make sure the ftmlibs.pex file is in the scripts folder.

Edit: you won't see items on loaded npc's until they reset. You can check that it is working by resurrecting an npc and check their inventory, they should either have items on or the ring is not there anymore.

Is the mod working?

There may have been an error in installation and the ftmlibs script file was not installed. Uninstall the mod, make a clean save then reinstall and make sure the ftmlibs.pex file is in the scripts folder.

Edit: you won't see items on loaded npc's until they reset. You can check that it is working by resurrecting an npc and check their inventory, they should either have items on or the ring is not there anymore.

Thanks.  I'll try that and let you know how it goes.

Okay - good news is, the mod now shows up as a menu.  Bad news is, whenever I fast-travel and most of the time when I walk into a new location, the game CTD's.

When you enter a new cell Integration equips the items on npc's. Check your log for errors from mods other than Integration as they can cause a crash if papyrus is overloaded. Also, if you have the chance for npc's to have items at a high % that can overload things as well.

Post your log and I will take a look at it.

Okay, I've been really wanting to use this mod since I saw it recommended on the captured dreams shop page. I've got all the requirements, and I installed it using the Nexus Mod Manager because I'm one step above an idiot in these matters. But I can't start-up Skyrim with DD for the masses enabled - I CTD right before I get to the continue/load game menu every time. I've ran LOOT and tried everything I can think of. Could this be a conflict with Amazing Follower Tweaks? It can affect your follower clothing, but not other NPCs. Also, I don't understand this install option:

Select One:

Cloaks of ----------------------

Cloaks of Skyrim with Winter ------------------

Cloaks + ------------------

During the install, you MUST choose one of these, but I don't have Cloaks of Skyrim or any of it, and it isn't listed as a requirement. Could this cause a problem? If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be extremely grateful!!! This sounds like a mod that would be a lot of fun. THANK YOU!

Okay, I've been really wanting to use this mod since I saw it recommended on the captured dreams shop page. I've got all the requirements, and I installed it using the Nexus Mod Manager because I'm one step above an idiot in these matters. But I can't start-up Skyrim with DD for the masses enabled - I CTD right before I get to the continue/load game menu every time. I've ran LOOT and tried everything I can think of. Could this be a conflict with Amazing Follower Tweaks? It can affect your follower clothing, but not other NPCs. Also, I don't understand this install option:

Select One:

Cloaks of ----------------------

Cloaks of Skyrim with Winter ------------------

Cloaks + ------------------

During the install, you MUST choose one of these, but I don't have Cloaks of Skyrim or any of it, and it isn't listed as a requirement. Could this cause a problem? If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be extremely grateful!!! This sounds like a mod that would be a lot of fun. THANK YOU!

Those add a second esp, you can disable it.

Thank you for replying. During the install for DD for the Masses II, it forces me to choose one of the "Cloaks" options. I can't proceed unless one of them is checked! And I can't start Skyrim to disable it in the MOD menu (if that is how it's done), because with this mod installed by NMM, I CTD before I can start the game. If the "cloaks" esp might be the problem, is there a simple way to manually disable it before I try to start Skyrim? Also, do you know if your mod is compatible with Amazing Follower Tweaks? (Only thing I can think of that might interfere with Masses II, but it seems unlikely to me.)

I'd really love to get both Captured Dreams and DD for the Masses running, they sound like a great way to breath new life in Skyrim. Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide, and for taking the time to make these mods. Sorry I'm not more educated on modding, but I am trying to learn!

Thank you for replying. During the install for DD for the Masses II, it forces me to choose one of the "Cloaks" options. I can't proceed unless one of them is checked! And I can't start Skyrim to disable it in the MOD menu (if that is how it's done), because with this mod installed by NMM, I CTD before I can start the game. If the "cloaks" esp might be the problem, is there a simple way to manually disable it before I try to start Skyrim? Also, do you know if your mod is compatible with Amazing Follower Tweaks? (Only thing I can think of that might interfere with Masses II, but it seems unlikely to me.) I'd really love to get both Captured Dreams and DD for the Masses running, they sound like a great way to breath new life in Skyrim. Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide, and for taking the time to make these mods. Sorry I'm not more educated on modding, but I am trying to learn!

In NMM you can disable esp's by unchecking the box next to it on the plugins tab.

This mod works fine with Amazing Follower Tweaks, I use that myself and have seen no issues.

Thank you for replying. During the install for DD for the Masses II, it forces me to choose one of the "Cloaks" options. I can't proceed unless one of them is checked! And I can't start Skyrim to disable it in the MOD menu (if that is how it's done), because with this mod installed by NMM, I CTD before I can start the game. If the "cloaks" esp might be the problem, is there a simple way to manually disable it before I try to start Skyrim? Also, do you know if your mod is compatible with Amazing Follower Tweaks? (Only thing I can think of that might interfere with Masses II, but it seems unlikely to me.) I'd really love to get both Captured Dreams and DD for the Masses running, they sound like a great way to breath new life in Skyrim. Thank you very much for any assistance you can provide, and for taking the time to make these mods. Sorry I'm not more educated on modding, but I am trying to learn!

In NMM you can disable esp's by unchecking the box next to it on the plugins tab.

This mod works fine with Amazing Follower Tweaks, I use that myself and have seen no issues.

That was it - thank you!! Went to the plug-ins tab of NMM, unchecked the "cloaks" patch, and it booted right up!

I have a problem with generating keys.  It seems no matter how much I change the settings, no more keys are appearing in NPC's inventory.  I even tried putting keys at 100%.  I tried starting a new game too.  It seems to have happened all at once; because before, I could easily find keys by pickpocketing enough people.   Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Edit: also, no items are appearing on any NPCs.

I have a problem with generating keys.  It seems no matter how much I change the settings, no more keys are appearing in NPC's inventory.  I even tried putting keys at 100%.  I tried starting a new game too.  It seems to have happened all at once; because before, I could easily find keys by pickpocketing enough people.   Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Edit: also, no items are appearing on any NPCs.

Do the npc's have a glowing ring in their inventory? If so then the scripts are not running.

If they don't have the ring then they are running, check that the different groups are checked in the MCM, if they are not checked then that group won't get the items on that page.