Vault Vixen Visuals - Adult Lore Friendly Complete Image Retexture Mod

So, I haven't been able to work on the signs in weeks. It's been pretty rough here at the house. Might even get my power shut off. So in a nutshell I've just been working every day and spending time with my kids in between so, excuse me for a few more weeks until I can get my head above water. Then I'll get back to finishing the final section of this mod. 

Appreciate you all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I downloaded this mod cause it looked really great but I can't get half the posters/paintings to show up in game. I've been using Hananah's advertisements but wanted to switch over to this. I have a stand alone painting mod and one that changes a few textures in the wasteland but like I said those didn't have an issue. I also tried disabling my texture swap mod but it wouldn't work. Any ideas?

On 12/4/2023 at 9:09 AM, FightSquid said:

Does anyone know how to make the textures apply as shown in the full image rather than distressed (part of image covered by immersive wear/cracked lines)? Thanks!

I just haven't done that yet. Sorry. I have the clean versions of those images in the folder, so you could technically do it yourself if you have photoshop or gimp, just simply open the DDS file and drop the cleaner image on that, save as DDS (Requires a plugin for Photoshop), and done. But, it's not quite that simple. Hopefully you'll find out how to do it based on what you have personally but yea, when I'm FINALLY done with the mod, I will break them down into a clean and distressed version. But It'll be after the holidays.

On 12/15/2023 at 12:23 AM, Ghoulat123 said:

So after playing around with it I got the textures to work except for the advertisements. For some reason my F4 can't seem to see them. Whether they need to be in a special folder or what it just doesn't work. It only is able to see the adverts you did for Far Harbor/Nuka World.

Okay so if by advertisements you mean the Billboards, I haven't done those yet. I'm about halfway through creating those. I had a lot of shit come up this holiday. Lost my job, almost lost my car. Shit got rough. I'm still picking up the pieces. After the holidays I'll complete the billboards. Everything else SHOULD work unless you have something overwriting it.

On 12/17/2023 at 9:04 PM, Nuverotic said:

Okay so if by advertisements you mean the Billboards, I haven't done those yet. I'm about halfway through creating those. I had a lot of shit come up this holiday. Lost my job, almost lost my car. Shit got rough. I'm still picking up the pieces. After the holidays I'll complete the billboards. Everything else SHOULD work unless you have something overwriting it.

Whoa, hey we can wait til you get your living situation under control.   Heck, your first version kept me happy for how many years til you came back?

@JB. has been working on his masterpiece DLC for sometime too.   The things worthwhile are always worth waiting for.    Really looking forward to what you do for Nuka Ride too!

Edited by steelpanther24
On 10/22/2023 at 8:20 AM, Nuverotic said:

What I would likely do, to be quite honest, is dive into HOW he made his mod, then reverse engineer that to make my own version and call it something else. Like “Nuverotic’s Lost Deck” or something. But I really think it would be fun. I just wish I had saved all my photoshop projects so I could remove text and just have the images. 

You can also introduce texture replacers for his mods - otherwise leaving the underlying items alone.

21 hours ago, sen4mi said:

You can also introduce texture replacers for his mods - otherwise leaving the underlying items alone.

I have actually looked at his mod since then. It's pretty simple actually. He has a LOT of content in it though. Far too much for me to replace. lol. He just used Google images, which is cool, it's fun in game, but there's like, hundreds of images I'd have to replace and each on of mine take anywhere from 15 minutes to 3 hours to make. 
But I will do something like that. Once I finish my Adult Visual Novel. And get a little more free time. Just got a new job and it's 12 hours a day 6 days a week and I'm dying. It's a labor job so, sunlight, all day. Hard work. 
But definitely follow my account, more things will come eventually. 

21 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Whoa, hey we can wait til you get your living situation under control.   Heck, your first version kept me happy for how many years til you came back?

@JB. has been working on his masterpiece DLC for sometime too.   The things worthwhile are always worth waiting for.    Really looking forward to what you do for Nuka Ride too!

Thanks man I'm really happy you enjoyed my Sickotik Mods stuff. I hope everyone will like this one more. Once I put the Billboards out anyway. I just want them to be even better than the magazines and posters and stuff. Since you see them all the time. 

About JB's mod, yea dude, it's definitely a masterpiece. My favorite mod probably of all time. I mean, unless you're counting things like CBBE and SKSE and stuff. I would love to do a huge quest mod like JB's and one day I will. 

Thanks again for the kind words dude. I needed those today.

3 hours ago, Nuverotic said:

Thanks man I'm really happy you enjoyed my Sickotik Mods stuff. I hope everyone will like this one more. Once I put the Billboards out anyway. I just want them to be even better than the magazines and posters and stuff. Since you see them all the time. 

About JB's mod, yea dude, it's definitely a masterpiece. My favorite mod probably of all time. I mean, unless you're counting things like CBBE and SKSE and stuff. I would love to do a huge quest mod like JB's and one day I will. 

Thanks again for the kind words dude. I needed those today.

I know what it’s like to need to hear kind words and encouragement, so here are a couple more fwiw. Keep on keeping on. :)

Man it's been a rough week. I did however, get 4 more billboards done tonight. Hardest part is coming up with funny sexist slogans for the advertisements.
Here's some examples of the ones I've made for Blue Zip Car Company Billboards. There are more but I've used them already and forgot. lol.

"Female drivers are like tornadoes. They're rare, unpredictable, and when they show up, they cause chaos."
"Don't trust a woman with directions. If they can't navigate their way through a mall, they certainly won't be able to handle a highway."

image.png.27a6e58bc60ff7ed54d4716ef6016096.png
image.png.b34d64241265647234e4d04a4cbbdbd6.png

hey so i usually don't post but after looking thru the other post I didn't see any answers for this, so I am using the hd version replacer for the magazines and it looks like some of the magazines are still showing up as vanilla, hot rodder and the entirety of grognak and awesome tales, one of the la coffee mags is working tho im just a little confused i guess on why some would work and others aren't, sorry for the trouble, happy holidays.

nevermind i checked my inventory and the ones there are right, i have a mod that lets me place magazines and i guess for some reason it still uses vanilla textures even tho this mod should be overwriting them, no worries ill just manually place them 

your mod is amazing tho some super high-quality work for sure 

Edited by Dylandarkheart
8 hours ago, Dylandarkheart said:

hey so i usually don't post but after looking thru the other post I didn't see any answers for this, so I am using the hd version replacer for the magazines and it looks like some of the magazines are still showing up as vanilla, hot rodder and the entirety of grognak and awesome tales, one of the la coffee mags is working tho im just a little confused i guess on why some would work and others aren't, sorry for the trouble, happy holidays.

nevermind i checked my inventory and the ones there are right, i have a mod that lets me place magazines and i guess for some reason it still uses vanilla textures even tho this mod should be overwriting them, no worries ill just manually place them 

your mod is amazing tho some super high-quality work for sure 

I'm glad you got it sorted out! And thank you for the compliment. I aim to please! In a sea of artists using AI to slap images on textures, I wanted to make sure I used my graphic design background to rise above the crowd. Hopefully in the end I'll accomplish that and everyone will use this mod. :) Dream big, kids.

On 12/22/2023 at 9:19 PM, Nuverotic said:

Man it's been a rough week. I did however, get 4 more billboards done tonight. Hardest part is coming up with funny sexist slogans for the advertisements.
Here's some examples of the ones I've made for Blue Zip Car Company Billboards. There are more but I've used them already and forgot. lol.

"Female drivers are like tornadoes. They're rare, unpredictable, and when they show up, they cause chaos."
"Don't trust a woman with directions. If they can't navigate their way through a mall, they certainly won't be able to handle a highway."

image.png.27a6e58bc60ff7ed54d4716ef6016096.png
image.png.b34d64241265647234e4d04a4cbbdbd6.png

LOL.....  wow...   now that is  funny.  I am gonna get in trouble if I use that mod, but is it worth it?  Yeaaa

On 12/29/2023 at 10:16 AM, taxman251 said:

First I wanted to say I love your work. I do have one question does your magazine download include the Islanders Almanac or Scav magazines. Thanks again for the great work.

Thank you. And, I assume these are the DLC Magazines? I haven't seen them in the game files. Are they the DLC? Let me know what you know and I can definitely go find them and add them to the magazines I've done. I've never heard of them so, I don't know. lol. To be totally honest with you, the only reason I even go to Nuka World in my game, is to play JB's Golden Globes mod. I can't remember the actual name for it but, it's pretty awesome. And I've only played through the other DLC once. I spend MOST of my time either making mods or trying to get insanely large load orders working. lol.

21 minutes ago, Nuverotic said:

Thank you. And, I assume these are the DLC Magazines? I haven't seen them in the game files. Are they the DLC? Let me know what you know and I can definitely go find them and add them to the magazines I've done. I've never heard of them so, I don't know. lol. To be totally honest with you, the only reason I even go to Nuka World in my game, is to play JB's Golden Globes mod. I can't remember the actual name for it but, it's pretty awesome. And I've only played through the other DLC once. I spend MOST of my time either making mods or trying to get insanely large load orders working. lol.

Yes, SCAV is the series of perk mags from the Nuka-World DLC, and Islander's Almanac is the series of perk mags from the Far Harbor DLC.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, SCAV is the series of perk mags from the Nuka-World DLC, and Islander's Almanac is the series of perk mags from the Far Harbor DLC.

Hmm, I'll have to go figure out why I've never seen them in the extracted texture files. Give me about 30 minutes and I'll be back with an answer. 

Alrighty, I'm a dum-dum. I've now extracted all the DLC files and found the other magazines. Really don't know why I didn't do this before. But here we are. I'll start working on these and finish out the Billboards as well. 
Once I'm done, I'm going to separate the PNG Preview files into a separate file for download as well as separating the other files into their respective batches, like, Billboards, Magazines, Signs and Posters, etc etc. Hopefully that will make everyone happy.

@vaultbait @taxman251