Extraordinary people

giphy.gif?cid=36b14facejnxl5c59ysklqds6at8qcbsvb9prqodg8bcz9s6&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

> I read and watch the news every day, various titles, and topics. My favorite articles are about the people who do something good and praiseworthy, the extraordinary people that can be each one of us. Since there is already too much darkness in the world and too much sad news, I felt inspired to start a thread that will serve as an inspiration, motivation, and encouragement to us to do the same according to our possibilities.:classic_smile:

> Therefore, feel free to post about the people who are models to you and inspired you to do the same.

> I am starting with Ante Rebić, the Croatian national team striker:

1409081.jpg.1ddb0d84e4c9ef65bdc948934f022494.jpg

What did he do? Open the spoiler.

Spoiler

2023-07-2907_41_27-Croatiannationalteamplayerwithabigheartfirsthepaidofftheloansofe.jpg.7f247243effb4d2d64c47e6879bd4ee1.jpg2023-07-2907_43_05-Croatiannationalteamplayerwithabigheartfirsthepaidofftheloansofe.jpg.0c9a46786214e020a12a09c4dc11b507.jpg

> Now, this post is giving thanks, praise, and honor to four LL members who were with us since we joined LL. They counseled us when we need a counsel, they encouraged us when we needed it, they criticized us when we need it and they support us regardless of disagreements. Thank you, very much: @Tirloque, @Jay-Omms, @worik and @dharvinia

Happy Love You GIF by Plus PPL

Edited by Evaloves4

There are quite some people of this time I admire, whether for their courage (some have to fight both a totalitarian nation outside, and corruption inside ; others by simply refusing the usual political divides), or their continued moderation when being at the reigns of some of the most powerful countries of this world (sometimes being unafraid to transcend the usual political parties). But most are currently politically engaged, so I suppose I shoudln't name them here.

So I guess that only leaves us with personalities of the past, but then there are so many ! Perikles, Ibn Battuta, Josephine Baker, Louis XII, Gandhi, all the anonymous people who helped the jews in France during the WWII... and many more. So many names to be named, and feats to be told that it would fill entire books doing so.

2 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Now, this post is giving thanks, praise, and honor to four LL members who were with us since we joined LL. They counseled us when we need a counsel, they encouraged us when we needed it, they criticized us when we need it and they support us regardless of disagreements. Thank you, very much: @Tirloque, @Jay-Omms, @worik and @dharvinia

ldyMRSUy_o.png « Tirloque can give good advice, but that's only 'cause he knows people who are very expert at that, yes. 4rCG5MVC_o.gif »

1 hour ago, Tirloque said:

There are quite some people of this time I admire, whether for their courage (some have to fight both a totalitarian nation outside, and corruption inside ; others by simply refusing the usual political divides), or their continued moderation when being at the reigns of some of the most powerful countries of this world (sometimes being unafraid to transcend the usual political parties). But most are currently politically engaged, so I suppose I shoudln't name them here.

So I guess that only leaves us with personalities of the past, but then there are so many ! Perikles, Ibn Battuta, Josephine Baker, Louis XII, Gandhi, all the anonymous people who helped the jews in France during the WWII... and many more. So many names to be named, and feats to be told that it would fill entire books doing so.

ldyMRSUy_o.png « Tirloque can give good advice, but that's only 'cause he knows people who are very expert at that, yes. 4rCG5MVC_o.gif »

> Yes, there are many historical characters that marked their age although I am speaking of nowadays heroes. :classic_smile:

> There are also some new LL people who are very good to me (and my luvs when they were LL members) and they are @DoctaSax, @Psalam69, and a few others whom I will not mention since some of them don't like to be mentioned for they have their reasons (I respect that).

Spoiler

Tirloque can give good advice, but that's only 'cause he knows people who are very expert at that, yes.

> So, are you saying that Trilog is only good for giving and sharing advises and he is not good for sex? :classic_ohmy:I am very shocked now:classic_tongue:

7 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Yes, there are many historical characters that marked their age although I am speaking of nowadays heroes. :classic_smile:

The problem with this is a lot of heroes became heroes because they were fighting for something, though not necessarily on the fields. And thus often are or were politically engaged. And thus the current ones can't be named without summoning political discussions, which are not wished for here. :classic_wink:

7 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> So, are you saying that Trilog is only good for giving and sharing advises and he is not good for sex? :classic_ohmy:I am very shocked now:classic_tongue:

ldyMRSUy_o.png « I didn't say that. But I could very agree, yes. :classic_happy: »

1 minute ago, Tirloque said:

The problem with this is a lot of heroes became heroes because they were fighting for something, though not necessarily on the fields. And thus often are or were politically engaged. And thus the current ones can't be named without summoning political discussions, which are not wished for here. :classic_wink:

> You see, I purposely choose the people like this soccer player who made a great impact on our society without political involvement. I don't know if you noticed that I posted several similar posts in "What makes you happy" and "Positive ..." threads.

> Another modern hero, the musician we like to listen:

giboni_750x500px.jpg.2aeb5465eebc298a0ec2154d9bacde30.jpg

> What did he do? Open the spoiler.

Spoiler

2023-07-2913_39_43-Largehumanitarianconcert-GibonnifortheViktorijaFoundation-INAddMo.jpg.c2ad2d9c4c21f914bd3bf01be54c24f1.jpg2023-07-2913_40_11-Largehumanitarianconcert-GibonnifortheViktorijaFoundation-INAddMo.jpg.702714474889a018fb59e913cfc118db.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DrunkenCow said:

Can we get a round of applause for the middle-management at Electronic Arts that forced a migration to a new desktop launcher that makes people remember Origin fondly?  They truly deserve the clap.  

> Not sure if I read the sarcasm in your post, but if there was one, then this thread isn't for such a kind of praise and worship. There is a rant thread for such thoughts. This thread honestly praises the real good deeds of the people.:classic_smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Valeri Bezpalov, Alexei Ananenko and Boris Baranov.   Three men who volunteered (some stores say voluntold) to go under the RBMK 3 reactor and open the sluice gates so a bigger radiological accident wouldn't happen.    They knew it was dangerous, they knew that there was little training and they knew they would likely not live long (at least one did, into the 2000s). 

Stanislav Petrov

My 3rd girlfriend, Valerie, is a person I admire so much. She has suffered far more than anyone I have ever known, including myself. So much horrible stuff has happened to her, yet she still finds it in herself to wake up everyday and be the sweetest person in the world. She does suffer from severe depression and social anxiety, but that doesn't stop her from being kind and thoughtful towards others. She always puts others before herself, and never asks for anything in return.

She's so kind, if she and Keanu Reeves were in a room together, anyone who walked in would come back out with their soul completely purified.

1 hour ago, DeadJester226 said:

My 3rd girlfriend, Valerie, is a person I admire so much. She has suffered far more than anyone I have ever known, including myself. So much horrible stuff has happened to her, yet she still finds it in herself to wake up everyday and be the sweetest person in the world. She does suffer from severe depression and social anxiety, but that doesn't stop her from being kind and thoughtful towards others. She always puts others before herself, and never asks for anything in return.

She's so kind, if she and Keanu Reeves were in a room together, anyone who walked in would come back out with their soul completely purified.

> Lack of the kudos but here is an even better one:You Got It Ok Sticker by Emoji

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...