What I wrote for the layout and basic dialogue for the Forbidden Tome quest was about 5 pages before Zadil enhanced the dialogue. The new quest has a framework and multiple modules/quests within it and my layout and basic dialogue of that was nearly 40 pages. What was in the previous versions was just part of the basic framework. It will definitely be fun.

I'm definately looking forward to the Forbidden Tome quest getting expanded and completed, but truth be told, it's flavour content.

It's good flavour content, don't get me wrong, but it's still a single-fire quest within a huge game full of quests and distractions, a game you could litterally sink hundreds of houers into within one playthrough if you wanted, so what do you do with the DDI content once you've beat that one quest? Without a system like Surreptitious Streets in place to give that content meaning and play value, the mod ends.

Yes you can make the devices and put them on, but why do it? It doesen't help you, it doesen't make logical sense to do it, and the novelty of this self-imposed restriction quickly fades.

Surreptitious Streets is the meat of this dish, that's what will keep DDI installed long after the Forbidden Tome quest has been beat and we've long since moved on to fight in the civil war, defeat Alduin and Miraak, and beeing Lord Harkons personal errand girl. It needs to be there, and the sooner the better, it's important.

Once that's working, then the more fun development of quests and elaborate scenes can be focused on to give the mod flavour, establish it's own lore, all that good stuff.

I agree with some of what you've said, and disagree with some. 

The purpose of the Forbidden Tome quest is to introduce the means to create the devices in your game-world. While Surreptitious Streets will indeed be an excellent addition (One that I fully intend to continue developing!), I would argue that quests are not truly the meat of this mod. This mod has always focused on devices, before quests. Given this philosophy, it has evolved in to something of a framework. It is my hope that other modders with similar interests will continue to develop quests/mods featuring devices added by this mod:

Devious Devices - For the masses: Adds the items provided by this mod to leveled lists, so that you can find them in the wild.
http://www.loverslab...for-the-masses/

Devious Devices - Captured Dreams: Adds a shop that buys/sells the devices added by this mod (And much more!):
http://www.loverslab...ed-dreams-shop/

Devious Regulations: A series of devious modifications to the civil-war quest lines, incorporating devices added by this mod:
http://www.loverslab...us-regulations/

Angrim's Apprentice: An extensive mage-oriented questline featuring Chastity Belts from this mod:
http://www.loverslab...ce-dec-16-2013/

Sexlab Submit+Devious Devices: A union between Sexlab Submit and Devious Devices. After your victor is finished having fun with you, he may further worsen your situation:
http://www.loverslab...ices2013-12-27/

Min Thanks for the awesome mod... my follower loves it to (if she could talk) :P

she also gets horny now with the cursed soul gem plug :)

you probably where asked about this but... will there be some sort of quest related mod for the armbinds :huh:

She might be able to eventually! I know of several mods that intend to use the armbinder. Surreptitious Streets certainly will as well.

min there is it possible to add extra effects into the vibrating plug or cursed plug as well as the touchie touchie animation.. 

such as: Blur, Distortion, Stumbling?

Don't forget the screen shaking :P. I wouldn't want to add anything like stumbling to it, given that it already contains incapacitating animations (Would be redundant). Could play around with other visual effects, though.

Min Thanks for the awesome mod... my follower loves it to (if she could talk) :P

she also gets horny now with the cursed soul gem plug :)

you probably where asked about this but... will there be some sort of quest related mod for the armbinds :huh:

She might be able to eventually! I know of several mods that intend to use the armbinder. Surreptitious Streets certainly will as well.

min there is it possible to add extra effects into the vibrating plug or cursed plug as well as the touchie touchie animation.. 

such as: Blur, Distortion, Stumbling?

Don't forget the screen shaking :P. I wouldn't want to add anything like stumbling to it, given that it already contains incapacitating animations (Would be redundant). Could play around with other visual effects, though.

Ho Ho, Loving it already.. :P

Checked the animations now.

At least the rough behind animation in later stages almost has the hands in the right position. I disabled in sexlab unequipping the armbinder during sex, there is then obvious clipping, but it does look somewhat promising imho, 2 example screenshots:

http://bayimg.com/FaFpHaafh

http://bayimg.com/gaFpAaAFH

The armbinder is quite long though, so poor jalen lei got completely penetrated during the test, but science demands sometimes sacrifices ;).

The rough doggystyle animation has in later stages a nice arms behind back crossed position which you often see in japanese bondage.

This might be interesting for the future if Zadil plans to implement some kind of straightjacket.

For sex animations with the armbinder it would should not be one from behind though. So i think i have been too optimistic.

I haven't seen it mentioned so far, but i think Belisarios nice shibari would eventually also make a nice addition to the DD family:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10341-conversions-for-unpb-with-bbp/

Under #31, hope Belisario doesn't mind if i hotlink:

shibari-01.jpg

What I wrote for the layout and basic dialogue for the Forbidden Tome quest was about 5 pages before Zadil enhanced the dialogue. The new quest has a framework and multiple modules/quests within it and my layout and basic dialogue of that was nearly 40 pages. What was in the previous versions was just part of the basic framework. It will definitely be fun.

I'm definately looking forward to the Forbidden Tome quest getting expanded and completed, but truth be told, it's flavour content.

It's good flavour content, don't get me wrong, but it's still a single-fire quest within a huge game full of quests and distractions, a game you could litterally sink hundreds of houers into within one playthrough if you wanted, so what do you do with the DDI content once you've beat that one quest? Without a system like Surreptitious Streets in place to give that content meaning and play value, the mod ends.

Yes you can make the devices and put them on, but why do it? It doesen't help you, it doesen't make logical sense to do it, and the novelty of this self-imposed restriction quickly fades.

Surreptitious Streets is the meat of this dish, that's what will keep DDI installed long after the Forbidden Tome quest has been beat and we've long since moved on to fight in the civil war, defeat Alduin and Miraak, and beeing Lord Harkons personal errand girl. It needs to be there, and the sooner the better, it's important.

Once that's working, then the more fun development of quests and elaborate scenes can be focused on to give the mod flavour, establish it's own lore, all that good stuff.

The purpose of the Forbidden Tome quest is to introduce the means to create the devices in your game-world. While Surreptitious Streets will indeed be an excellent addition (One that I fully intend to continue developing!), I would argue that quests are not truly the meat of this mod. This mod has always focused on devices, before quests. Given this philosophy, it has evolved in to something of a framework. It is my hope that other modders with similar interests will continue to develop quests/mods featuring devices added by this mod

@Coopervane:

There are some people who think like you. Look at the discussion that occurred before the creation of the armbinder (DD assets thread about page 21 onwards). In particular see the brilliant arguments of Aegis.

An idea that occurred to me (based on an already existing lore) was to create a "Bondage Magic School Mod". One thing more than quests, even more than radiant quests and such, a complete new gameplay combat system.

The ideia is that the body require to be bound to 'free up' the mind to focus on powerful magics. An entire tree of magics and magic levels that can be unlocked by means of "bondage combat".

Do you have no reason to use an armbinder? How about for you to get such great magic power that can obliterate anything. (obviously something that will require many hours of play until you reach that master level). Even the aroused can be some kind of catalyst.

Too overpowerful? How about some shocking punishment plugs to keep her in line? You see, all the Devious Devices can be used for some reason. And this gameplay can last since the almost begining until the very last ending of the game.

Well, Its just a ideia inside my head. Recently I downloaded the creation kit to solve a problem and I thought about doing the mod myself, but I'm still at the "Hello World" programmer level. But who knows.. In the meantime, I'll leave here some small teaser

NH_u_B.jpg

Min - I apologize in advance if someone already asked this, but I haven't seen it. Among of many new features in new update, you mentioned that  devices will vibrate on NPC's too. So far I haven't seen any, although I rise up chances in the menu. Did I understood it wrong or there is something else.

Event support is indeed in, for NPC's. Naturally a nearby NPC must have a plug capable of vibrating, for such an event to occur.

There are several NPCs who wears plug devices, but no vibration animations are triggered. let me just mention that I have latest SL 1.32b and all requirements. So, I still don't know why it doesn't work.

Hi i have a problem. DD v2.60 worked very well in my save.But after i update it to 2.61 , i missed the animation of plug and armblinder. I checked the MCM, found that shows the registration animation not done. I try to change it ,but next time open MCM it still shows not done. what's the problem?

The purpose of the Forbidden Tome quest is to introduce the means to create the devices in your game-world. While Surreptitious Streets will indeed be an excellent addition (One that I fully intend to continue developing!), I would argue that quests are not truly the meat of this mod. This mod has always focused on devices, before quests. Given this philosophy, it has evolved in to something of a framework. It is my hope that other modders with similar interests will continue to develop quests/mods featuring devices added by this mod:

Actually, i think we're very much on the same page.

All i really said and ment, boiled down to it's bare essentials, is that:

A: I think there are more important things to work on than the FT-Quest, i'd love to see it finished, obviously, but at this moment, i think there are bigger fish to fry.

B: I think adding the SS-Content would have a bigger impact on DDI's re-play value than finishing the FT-Quest, for the simple reason that it is repeatable content (you can do it lots), and the FT-Quest is single-fire content (you only get to do it once per game).

Of course i am well aware that DDI is now also serving as a framework, i'm already using a couple of mods that make use of it in this way, and i'm hoping even more will pop up over time. But that was not the topic beeing discussed (and besides, topics about new devices are more at home in Zadil's asset thread), rather, the topic raised was that finishing the FT-Quest should be top-priority, which i don't think it should be.

Hi i have a problem. DD v2.60 worked very well in my save.But after i update it to 2.61 , i missed the animation of plug and armblinder. I checked the MCM, found that shows the registration animation not done. I try to change it ,but next time open MCM it still shows not done. what's the problem?

Sounds like you didn't run FNIS again. Some animations were changed between 2.60 and 2.61, so you need to run the "Generate FNIS for users" app again ;)

@Coopervane:

There are some people who think like you. Look at the discussion that occurred before the creation of the armbinder (DD assets thread about page 21 onwards). In particular see the brilliant arguments of Aegis.

An idea that occurred to me (based on an already existing lore) was to create a "Bondage Magic School Mod". One thing more than quests, even more than radiant quests and such, a complete new gameplay combat system.

The ideia is that the body require to be bound to 'free up' the mind to focus on powerful magics. An entire tree of magics and magic levels that can be unlocked by means of "bondage combat".

Do you have no reason to use an armbinder? How about for you to get such great magic power that can obliterate anything. (obviously something that will require many hours of play until you reach that master level). Even the aroused can be some kind of catalyst.

Too overpowerful? How about some shocking punishment plugs to keep her in line? You see, all the Devious Devices can be used for some reason. And this gameplay can last since the almost begining until the very last ending of the game.

Well, Its just a ideia inside my head. Recently I downloaded the creation kit to solve a problem and I thought about doing the mod myself, but I'm still at the "Hello World" programmer level. But who knows.. In the meantime, I'll leave here some small teaser

NH_u_B.jpg

I haven't the slightest idea if that's practical/possible or not, but it sounds awesome.

A: I think there are more important things to work on than the FT-Quest, i'd love to see it finished, obviously, but at this moment, i think there are bigger fish to fry.

B: I think adding the SS-Content would have a bigger impact on DDI's re-play value than finishing the FT-Quest, for the simple reason that it is repeatable content (you can do it lots), and the FT-Quest is single-fire content (you only get to do it once per game).

Of course i am well aware that DDI is now also serving as a framework, i'm already using a couple of mods that make use of it in this way, and i'm hoping even more will pop up over time. But that was not the topic beeing discussed (and besides, topics about new devices are more at home in Zadil's asset thread), rather, the topic raised was that finishing the FT-Quest should be top-priority, which i don't think it should be.

Sounds like you didn't run FNIS again. Some animations were changed between 2.60 and 2.61, so you need to run the "Generate FNIS for users" app again ;)

i ran it.But still this problem. then i thought that is my sexlab's problem ,then i update sl 1.30 to 1.32.But still cant register animation.

I like the idea of Surreptitious Streets, but I would prefer just one solid quest line rather than a generic system for any NPC. Just my opinion! I think Devious Devices is amazing. Anything that comes forward will no doubt be awesome.

Write one, then! :)

"Missed the animation of plug and armbinder". Elaborate? 

The MCM menu option is working fine in your game, though the presentation is a little unclear. 

Min - I apologize in advance if someone already asked this, but I haven't seen it. Among of many new features in new update, you mentioned that  devices will vibrate on NPC's too. So far I haven't seen any, although I rise up chances in the menu. Did I understood it wrong or there is something else.

Event support is indeed in, for NPC's. Naturally a nearby NPC must have a plug capable of vibrating, for such an event to occur.

There are several NPCs who wears plug devices, but no vibration animations are triggered. let me just mention that I have latest SL 1.32b and all requirements. So, I still don't know why it doesn't work.

As per the usual troubleshooting instructions, upload a copy of your log for me to look at. Type "sqv ZadNPC" in console: Do you see the NPC's near you listed under the NPC slots "NPC01, NPC02, etc"? 

Additionally, I can't help but notice that at the time of writing this, we have 29 votes for  "Additional device specific effects" and "Periodic Events and Effects", but not a single suggestion for what those might be. 

Ah. A miscommunication, then. I agree with both points.

The SS content was actually my original inspiration for picking up this mod to begin with: There is a mod for Oblivion called "Player Slave Encounters", which features a quest "Rough Streets". Part of the content of Rough Streets, was that it introduced trapped containers to the game, that would enslave your character upon opening them. This feature made playing a thief much more exciting (Though the trapped containers/chests/dressers/etc were rare, just knowing they were in the game made home-breakin's much more interesting to me), and was a large source of inspiration for Surreptitious Streets. Content-wise, it differs vastly from Player Slave Encounters, though it is thematically similar.

Hi! First of all im really happy of the new update of this mod. And i must thank you for the time you spent on building us this awesome mod.

However i got a little issue i didnt have with last version of this mod. I cant access in game content.

I used a clean save to install the new version of assets, integration, captured dream shop and regulation. I loaded those last in mod order in this exact position :

- Assets.esm

- [...]

- dd integration (esp)

- devious deviants (esp)

- captured dream (esp)

- regulation (esp)

Each one have been ticked activated. But no MCM menu (even with setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1) i see the note and key on the desk of that orc in the arcaneum of the winterhold college but picking up the books in the forbidden shelves dont do nothing. I can acess captured dream shop but i cant buy devious devices. Only zaz items.

Do you have an idea what is causing this issue?

Thanks for your help

Good day!

Hi! First of all im really happy of the new update of this mod. And i must thank you for the time you spent on building us this awesome mod.

However i got a little issue i didnt have with last version of this mod. I cant access in game content.

I used a clean save to install the new version of assets, integration, captured dream shop and regulation. I loaded those last in mod order in this exact position :

- Assets.esm

- [...]

- dd integration (esp)

- devious deviants (esp)

- captured dream (esp)

- regulation (esp)

Each one have been ticked activated. But no MCM menu (even with setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1) i see the note and key on the desk of that orc in the arcaneum of the winterhold college but picking up the books in the forbidden shelves dont do nothing. I can acess captured dream shop but i cant buy devious devices. Only zaz items.

Do you have an idea what is causing this issue?

Thanks for your help

Good day!

No idea, a few users have reported that but I've never been able to reproduce the issue to figure it out. Upload a copy of your log, and I'll take a look. I suspect that if you were to start a game without DD / mods that require DD enabled, save, and then load your save with all mods enabled, it would work fine.

Min : here is the log from console:

Ref. NPC13 - NPC 20 none

Enabled? YES

State: Running

Current stage: 0

Priority: 0

My PC is presently at hunter's shack. The female hunter wears the belt.

Upload a copy of your Papyrus.0.log, lol. Also, since you specified that 13-20 are none, I presume that 0-12 are not? 

Please take a screenshot of sqv zadNPC (The NPc's listed specifically), and upload a copy of your Papyrus.0.log.

I've noticed events not always triggering as well. For example after loading a save NPC events won't trigger before re-equipping their plugs. I'll see if I can post a log later as well if needed, but from what I've poked around myself the quest links to the right NPCs even when they don't trigger. That also applies to the new spells, they don't seem to be working either if the events aren't triggering 'on their own'.

Also, speaking of spells, is it possible to use those spells on the player? Say have passer-by NPC trigger them :D

I've noticed events not always triggering as well. For example after loading a save NPC events won't trigger before re-equipping their plugs. I'll see if I can post a log later as well if needed, but from what I've poked around myself the quest links to the right NPCs even when they don't trigger. That also applies to the new spells, they don't seem to be working either if the events aren't triggering 'on their own'.

Also, speaking of spells, is it possible to use those spells on the player? Say have passer-by NPC trigger them :D

Yes, :P. I'm going to create another set of spells that would be better for that purpose though, that aren't channeled. Will be in my next snapshot in the beta-conversation.

OK. Here is the log file. This character was created only for experimental purposes. I have two others, two different races. I guess that I do not have to start the quest first to activate the mod? Or do I?

- regarding previous post: No, console didn't list any number before 13. And thanks for help.

I see an issue in the log, will be fixed for next release. Thanks for the report.

Been away for a while and got excited with the amount of things I need to catch up on this mod!

In any case, I'm just wondering if the Surreptitious Street quest would also allow your followers to be your PC's master or is it limited to the non-follower NPCs?

Also I felt that if your PC is not really a magic user she'd be missing the fun whilst belted with the plugs. One idea is that the plugs absorbs some of the magic used against the PC, but when the PC is out of combat the energy will slowly be released at different rates and intervals via vibrations of course. So the plugs would actually give the PC some resistance to magic whilst also be the PC's source of pleasure/torment outside of unlocking the belt.

Alternatively, a plug with small bumps all over its surface might stimulate the PC so much during intensive activity (eg. sprinting, fighting, basically any movement that uses stamina) that the PC can't hold it in and try to pleasure themselves til they realized that its no use.

I do know that this would be script heavy but its just my idea of giving the non-mage PCs some ways of entertaining themselves the same way as the mage PCs do while belted. Hopefully someone could expand on the idea one day.

Another idea might be electric shock play with the plugs, say as punishment from the master or as anti-tampering mechanism on the device for example. We already have the surrender/bleed out position in the game, so when the shock is triggered the PC would enter the position while recovering from the shock. Might be something for the masochist out there. Could be its own plug type if not added to existing ones.

Those are some ideas on top of my head at the moment. Will write some more as it comes. As always, thanks for the quality effort being put in this Devious Devices mod series.

Been away for a while and got excited with the amount of things I need to catch up on this mod!

In any case, I'm just wondering if the Surreptitious Street quest would also allow your followers to be your PC's master or is it limited to the non-follower NPCs?

Followers as master would be possible, though would require a small extension to make work. Probably won't be in the initial release, but you'll see that eventually.

Also I felt that if your PC is not really a magic user she'd be missing the fun whilst belted with the plugs. One idea is that the plugs absorbs some of the magic used against the PC, but when the PC is out of combat the energy will slowly be released at different rates and intervals via vibrations of course. So the plugs would actually give the PC some resistance to magic whilst also be the PC's source of pleasure/torment outside of unlocking the belt.

OnHit events are pretty expensive in papyrus (The function we would need to monitor in order to produce an effect like that). Tis the reason I've stayed away from features like that.

Alternatively, a plug with small bumps all over its surface might stimulate the PC so much during intensive activity (eg. sprinting, fighting, basically any movement that uses stamina) that the PC can't hold it in and try to pleasure themselves til they realized that its no use.

This we could do, without too much trouble. 

Another idea might be electric shock play with the plugs, say as punishment from the master or as anti-tampering mechanism on the device for example. We already have the surrender/bleed out position in the game, so when the shock is triggered the PC would enter the position while recovering from the shock. Might be something for the masochist out there. Could be its own plug type if not added to existing ones.
Funny you would post that: The snapshot I released to the beta-group earlier today contains an effect like that (Plus, an effect like that is already implemented in Surreptitious Streets).

Thanks for the feedback, have fun :)

I had a thought;

If you are wearing plugs and you happen to get on a horse, maybe the frequency of moaning events while moving should go way up. All that jostling, up and down, putting rythmic pressure on the crotch...

There's already a periodic event that will occur if you're mounted. The reason I haven't done more with that subject is because I'm not aware of any way (Aside from very frequent polling) to trigger events off becoming mounted.