Creatures Overhaul - Workshop - On indefinite hold

The in game video does show an issue that exists with all the MotionNT stage 1 animations.  They are timed to be long enough for standard Lovers rape stage 1 length, but are just too short if it is consensual. This causes it to loop back to the beginning knock down briefly before moving to stage 2 in a rather jerky fashion.  Is it possible to extend stage 1 by 1-2 seconds to correct this without too much work?

1 to 2 seconds probably won't get it done (30 to 60 frames). 

To answer your question, yes I can extend it (animation is 479 frames already), but it is a bit of work to do.  I'll look into that once I finish making at least one more animation for the clannfear.  Probably have to double the number of frames to make it more rare to see the repeat.

I think 60 frames would do it, in the video linked you can see the glitch happening between 0:06-0:08.  But if it's not an easy copy/paste of the existing thrust loop it isn't that big a deal.  The only time it was ever really visible in game was for consensual dog sex with the 207NT, and since I've assigned that animation to rape only with LC3.0 that doesn't even happen anymore.

I think 60 frames would do it, in the video linked you can see the glitch happening between 0:06-0:08.  But if it's not an easy copy/paste of the existing thrust loop it isn't that big a deal.  The only time it was ever really visible in game was for consensual dog sex with the 207NT, and since I've assigned that animation to rape only with LC3.0 that doesn't even happen anymore.

I'd rather not volunteer to do every NT animation, as it isn't as simple as just copy paste unfortunately with blender.  Heck, very little in blender is easy!!!   :P

However for a select few animations, especially for those that you are using for a custom purpose, I'd be delighted to do whatever you want.  Heck, in the IOU department, I most definitely owe you more than I can ever probably repay so it would be a pleasure to cancel out some of that debt!!!

..............mostly so I can talk you into doing more stuff!   :lol:  :lol:

Let me know which creatures\animations you want extended and I'll make it happen.  If you have any ideas for animations I'm definitely open to doing some custom stuff that you can sneak into your plugins to spice things up.

• 2 weeks later...

Would the human on top of the dog riding be an ok idea? See that in some videos online...>.>

Woman on top, dog lays down on back to receive.

Anyways I found it hard to focus when you got that music playing in most of those previews. :P

lol that would totally ruin rape mods xD

Would the human on top of the dog riding be an ok idea? See that in some videos online...>.>

Anyways I found it hard to focus when you got that music playing in most of those previews. :P

Yea, when I do the dogs I'll throw in some new poses.  There definitely is room for a cowgirl among the existing dog animations.

Yea, when I do the dogs I'll throw in some new poses.  There definitely is room for a cowgirl among the existing dog animations.

It was always kind of strange to me that pose was not added already. I definitely like the dog animations the most, and LoversBitch is my favorite mod ever, so I am looking forward to see your new stuff. Keep up the good work.

P.S. If/when you do horses, they could probably use an oral animation, if you are feeling particularly generous.

An oral animation would be great too, and i do mean a "dog licks pussy animation"-ahem- . You're doing an awesome job on the animations and it's just a humble request. I'm definitely going to play Lovers Bitch again once the new dog animations are complete.

Unfortunately that won't happen.  I am still on the clannfear and working my way through alphabetically.  It is not something I can skip and do quickly either as I have to load the NT animations and use them as my baseline for tweaking the mesh and its bones.  At the very slow rate I am going now I doubt I can get to the troll until March at the earliest.  Sorry.

Due to my greatly restricted time to mod I am more than willing to take any and all help to from folks to get this project rolling a bit faster.  If you want to volunteer there are several tasks:

1. Updating the LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp to add in all the new animation slots.  This is fairly complicated but WappyOne made a guide for it that I can give you.  It is tedious and quite boring to do but is an absolute must for the plugin.  If you are not fairly familiar with using the CS then this task is not for you.

2. Updating meshes, skeletons and redoing animations.  What I have done is use the NT animation as a baseline and then tweaked the creature mesh to accommodate the NT animation.  In many cases I had to edit parts of the NT animation as I could not alter the mesh enough.  Once the mesh is established and the NT animation (creature and NPC portion) is overhauled then alignment becomes the next focus.  I have a default ini file that needs to get tailored to that animation along with adding the correct UMID number for it.  Finally tweaking or remaking all other existing animations to use the new mesh (and skeleton if a new one was made).  Again they need to use the new ini format.  To do this you need to be fairly familiar with animating in blender, doing a bit of mesh work in blender (nothing to complicated like weight painting as there are others who can help with this) and lots of testing in oblivion to check your animations alignment.

If you are interested just holler and I'll hook you up with all the info I have as well as more detailed processes that I go through and so on.  I am NOT dropping the project so please don't panic.  I am just facing the fact that for the next month or so my free time to mod is going to remain greatly curtailed due to all the OT and travel I am having to do for work.

Cheers,

Greg

A question. Will this work with anything that changes the mesh of creatures? One of the mods i particularly like, and that I cannot remember the name of, turned imps into fairies. If not, not a problem, just genuinely curious. 

PS: Any chance of a mod allowing us to play the sexified spider daedra, with the ability to equip upper-body armor? Probably impossible, but I figured I'd ask.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post here...

But to answer your questions:

1. Yes it will, but you should check if the file imp.nif at data\meshes\creatures\imp\ is the one with the fairy or not.

If it is, you will have to make sure not to overwrite it. Note that the fairies will not receive the imp's animated parts unless you copy it to their model.

If it isn't, you don't have to worry about anything, but again note that the fairies will not be changed unless you change them yourself.

2. All that would take is rigging the spider daedra lower-body to the actor skeleton... You can try using Gerra6's tools for that, or ask him if you don't know how to use them.

lindazana, on 04 Feb 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:lindazana, on 04 Feb 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

A question. Will this work with anything that changes the mesh of creatures? One of the mods i particularly like, and that I cannot remember the name of, turned imps into fairies. If not, not a problem, just genuinely curious. 

PS: Any chance of a mod allowing us to play the sexified spider daedra, with the ability to equip upper-body armor? Probably impossible, but I figured I'd ask.

normally it would work  for the fairie imps but i am not sure as there might be some scalling probleme wich will occur alignement and bad positions

for the sexified daedra  it depends on the meshe you got/like  but most of it you will need to adapt in blender the armor and shoulders to meet the right position you can try the spider in post n°147 in this tread  and try few armors without shoulder  D cup ofcourse (in file.nif you copy and past the one you want in the spider nif and and edit position and see if it is ok !)

No it won't "IF" the meshes are tied to a custom skeleton (or one that doesn't match which one I am using). Animations work off of skeletons so if you have one that isn't compatible then all hell can break loose.

Another "no" would be on the mesh itself "IF" it is too different than the Imp.  Imps are assumed to all be male for the current animations that exist and the ones I am going to make so unless your fairy includes a dick on it the animation will look silly.  Also scaling will be a factor as the animation will be aligned for something the size of an imp.  Too much larger or smaller and you'll have alignment issues.  Some can be solved via movement but some won't be.

Bottom line, hard to give a precise answer until the imp skeleton and meshes are finalized and we see whatever meshes\skeleton you are trying to use.

As to spider daedra "playable", again this is probably a no.  Again, animations are made to use a particular skeleton so unless you re-rig a spider to that, then it won't work for crap.  Also the offensive\defensive animations won't be setup right, so you'll be fighting that as well.  This is why LC has never supported custom creatures with custom skellies.  Trying to rig creatures to human skeletons opens pandora's box to a shit load of other problems that just are not worth the time and effort to combat.  Sorry.

gregathit,

1. Updating the LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp to add in all the new animation slots.  This is fairly complicated but WappyOne made a guide for it that I can give you.  It is tedious and quite boring to do but is an absolute must for the plugin.  If you are not fairly familiar with using the CS then this task is not for you.

This seems about my speed, and since I'm not ever ever going to do another translation again (I'd rather hang by my toe nails over a lava river in Oblivion, with no ice, beer or vodka), fills that slot nicely.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes on AP for her futa cock.  Probably no on the tentacles change as modeling is neither my passion nor my strong suite.  Now if someone wants to improve the mesh then I will gladly include it.

She will also be fuckable thanks to WappyOne's script changes.

• 1 month later...

Feels like I'm almost necroing this thread by now, but how is this project coming along? If it is coming along at all that is.

Don't want to stress anything, but no updates or even general posts about it in two months is kind of worrying.

1 day no updates, ok

1 week no updates, alright...

1/2 a month no updates, ..ummm...

1 month no updates, ok a little worried

2 months no updates, can I call dead yet?

1/2 a year no updates, despair begins to take over

1 year no updates, declare legally deceased

No really, I doubt it's abandoned, more likely too busy with RL and trying to take care of many other projects too. I know what's like to take on too many things at once and try to balance it all out with RL. It doesn't end well at all.

It is not dead. Gregathit already says that he has less time animating due to real life work obligations. I am sure when things settle down he will be back working on it, but not animating in such a long time can also give it's toll about losing certain knowledge on how to work with blender.

i took a major break before from blender and after 6 months i had to fully start over again. :D I knew nothing about blender anymore. luckily i kept small tutorials for myself on my pc and after reading it i got back into blender.

But it wasn't easy to say the least.

Yeah, I guessed that it wasn't abandoned, I was just curious what the current state of the project was. And well, considering the rather quick at least verbal updates in the beginning, and the at most weeklong breaks from them, I thought the sudden stop in any updates, questions or discussion whatsoever in two months was a bit worrying. But it's cool!

Long story short I moved and took on a new job that has gobbled my free time like Cartman wolfing down snaky cakes.  Things should even out a bit more in June\July and I'll be able to get back into animating.  

I have been dabbling a bit with animations as I have time, but it has been getting an update package together for the LAPF.  Creatures is basically on hold from my end right now.