3 hours ago, Alucia2001 said:

It should also work with any female wards your wives have, with them bringing them to you so they can be charmed, usually with some flavor text as to whether that wife is struggling with the betrayal of trust aspect of that action, or if they are eagerly presenting them to you.

To more precisely phrase this:

Any female ward that is successfully charmed upon turning 16, either by being a ward of your magister, or one of his charmed vassals.

If the magister has a wife that isn't charmed, they will not be bringing their ward to you for corruption.

Not sure if/how the achievement counts wards that get charmed by your mulsa/paelex/domina that aren't your direct vassals. I think they're counted, but that doesn't mean they are.

hi , i would like to make some changes for me personally, could you tell me what file i have to edit to remove all beautification from traits ? getting the mulsa perk changes the face appearance and i dont want, i avoid the beauty trait alltogether since it always looks the same.

On 6/29/2023 at 11:52 PM, ieraceu said:

Haha. The only thing that's going on is I'm allied in a Tyranny War with the attacker, doing one Fascinate scheme, and I've got one building going. I've already tried cancelling the Fascinate scheme, no dice. If the crash happens, it's on the 8th of the month and will happen every one to two months. I've attached the save file if you want it.

Test 1.ck3 38.76 MB · 1 download

So, after some prodding and poking (and lots of crashing) I think this is a vanilla bug with the event pregnancy.6002
This event can be found in the file events\pregnancy_events.txt in the crusader kings 3 game folder.
If you comment out the line "trigger = { is_married = no }" on line 1522, inside the single option of the event pregnancy.6002, the game no longer crashes on the 8th of the month.

I'm pretty sure the game crashes if an event fires and their are no valid "options" (choices you can select). I tried commenting out that line and it passed the date with no issues.
Its a strangely written event, it just assumes the real father is unmarried, I'm not sure why as if the real father of bastard was married and this event triggered, the game would crash (as in your case)
Strangely though, no event actually triggered for me, but I was able to pass the 8th of the month without crashing after commentating that one line,
Can you try the change above in the vanilla CK3 file and let me know if it keeps crashing?

13 hours ago, BlackSonic111 said:

Question, how to 'claim those under my care', for bloodline goal?

image.png.322d29d20d1e87d936608a014994ccf5.png

I'm going to add more wording to these goals to make them a bit more obvious, but the two posts above mine are spot on.

2 hours ago, Grimmdal said:

hi , i would like to make some changes for me personally, could you tell me what file i have to edit to remove all beautification from traits ? getting the mulsa perk changes the face appearance and i dont want, i avoid the beauty trait alltogether since it always looks the same.

Sure, the traits use an option like so:
genetic_constraint_all = beauty_2 / genetic_constraint_all = beauty_3
Just remove that from the Mulsa/Paelex/Domina traits from Regula_Magistri\common\traits\regula_traits.txt

Edited by ban10
11 hours ago, ban10 said:

So, after some prodding and poking (and lots of crashing) I think this is a vanilla bug with the event pregnancy.6002
This event can be found in the file events\pregnancy_events.txt in the crusader kings 3 game folder.
If you comment out the line "trigger = { is_married = no }" on line 1522, inside the single option of the event pregnancy.6002, the game no longer crashes on the 8th of the month.

@ban10 Ok, this is what you meant right? I tried commenting out the line but game still crashes on the 8th.

error.JPG

Edit: I must not be commenting it out correctly. I used an abortion mod to kill all the active pregnancies, and the save no longer crashes.

Edited by ieraceu
On 7/1/2023 at 11:59 AM, Monedeath said:

I don't know how easy this would be to pull off as a "dynamic menu" selection item, but maybe have it check target base stats, and in the event that intrigue is their highest base stat, offer some special rituals specific to that which can undo things like trusting/honest which decrease their intrigue score. (And give them an alternative trait instead)

@ban10

On further thought. An alternative option is an "education trait" or temporary boon granted by the magister to offset both the malus from the assigned desirable traits, and the lost points from losing the +intrigue bonus.

Basically a "Mistress of the Famuli" or "Keeper of Famuli Secrets" type boon where they use the power/resources of the famuli to gather secrets for the magister.

@ban10 What do you think about adding a bonus for Fascinare scheme if the actor has "Courtship" perk from Martial->Gallant perk tree? It might be especially helpful for Martial-focused magister.

Probably we should offer some bonuses for at least one perk for each skill type so magister would not be always forced to follow Intrigue-only perk build.

Edited by Umgath
16 minutes ago, Umgath said:

@ban10 What do you think about adding a bonus for Fascinare scheme if the actor has "Courtship" perk from Martial->Gallant perk tree? It might be especially helpful for Martial-focused magister.

Probably we should offer some bonuses for at least one perk for each skill type so magister would not be always forced to follow Intrigue-only perk build.

The Intrigue line helps with Fascinare? I never knew that. I've always just targeted courtiers and then hoped for the best as well as raiding for captives since I normally start in 867. Is it the seduction stuff that helps?

On 7/3/2023 at 1:56 PM, Belial34 said:

Hello, do you have plan to change Theocratic doctrine?

I want to use Theocracy vassals, then when I change the doctrine they conflict and game overed.

I don't really know how to fix this or what the interaction is.
As far as I'm aware, the player can't even play as a theocracy government, so I'm guessing this is a mod of some kind?

EDIT: 
Oh, I think I get it, because the player is the Head of Faith if you change to the Theocratic clerical tradition doctrine it changes the players government to theocracy.
I don't have any plans to change this, as I think the player should be the Head of faith, which wont work with theocratic clerical doctrine.
If its one or the other I think using Lay Clergy so that the player can be the "Temporal" head of faith fits the mod better

Feel free to tinker with the mod to get it working though, you'll have to change the effects in  Regula_Magistri\common\scripted_effects\regula_initialize_effects.txt to not set the Magister as the Head of Faith.

13 hours ago, brommo said:

How do i fix this? Is this normal?image.png.3f663a4a06a2029997455ac6dda56aba.png

Looks like you are missing localisation?
If you are playing in English right now then theres something wrong with the file Regula_Magistri\localization\english\regula_game_rules_l_english.yml
If you aren't playing in English, then I think theres localisation only for French and Chinese atm (done by the community)

3 hours ago, Umgath said:

I dont mind, but I find that Fascinare is pretty good right now and seems to work very well on people in your realm (as it should) while still being a little more difficult on people outside your realm (requiring a bit of intrigue, agents, flirting etc). I'm hesitant to buff it anymore then it is right now.

On 7/3/2023 at 12:21 AM, erine1111 said:

the travelling peddler never comes

Probably died travelling in a thunderstorm or turned incapable tripping over a rock, seems like thats all the rage these days XD
In all seriousness though, you ran the decision for the book and nothing happened after a couple of weeks?

Edited by ban10
10 hours ago, merrick1031 said:

The Intrigue line helps with Fascinare? I never knew that. I've always just targeted courtiers and then hoped for the best as well as raiding for captives since I normally start in 867. Is it the seduction stuff that helps?

No Fascinare don’t use the intrigue line and uses diplomacy for calculation. I am currently running 75%-100% successful chance fascinare scheme against hostile enemy. I have a total of 4x diplomacy (2x + wife’s 2x)

Edited by a60869609
Punctuation
9 hours ago, Umgath said:

I am playing marital focus magister that Fasinare foreign female ruler without any problem. You just need high politics. Also, it would help if you get the priestresa and charmer Accolade.

Intrigue only really give you access to 2 hostile abduction scheme if you go intrigue line.

I ran into this cascading stress massacre while my first character died and my heir is only 12.

It seems the Orbas always go first, dying from stress, which caused other Orbas to die. Then before you knew it, BOOM! Half your father’s harem and your siblings are screaming at you, while the other half already lay dead.

You went through all the dialogue, at this point, you are either dead yourself or on the verge of death. I was lucky I got off rather lightly with only irritable, wrathful, kin slaying and murderer. My betrothed pure-blood sister didn’t stand a chance and promptly dies from over stress.

Edited by a60869609
Auto Corrects

I went to the all women should bear my children path and pumped like 2xx kids out and took about 1/3 of them as seconds. At that point, it’s just too tedious and I just can’t bother with anymore.

The cascading death actually helps so I don’t need to marry off my adult siblings.

Does having matrilineal marriage makes the AI do the tedious stuff for me?

1 hour ago, a60869609 said:

No Fascinare don’t use the intrigue line and uses diplomacy for calculation. I am currently running 75%-100% successful chance fascinare scheme against hostile enemy. I have a total of 4x diplomacy (2x + wife’s 2x)

Intrigue the stat doesn't bonus it but the Intrigue Lifestyle perks can. I looked at the files and the Fascinare scheme code is set up to give bonuses based on some perks in the Seduction tree. Could be helpful for when your character decides to have bad luck and a low diplomacy due to events/traits.

On 7/1/2023 at 5:46 PM, ban10 said:

Yeah, that could be a good idea, I could maybe make a trait for each and have an interaction to set each one.

Sure, go ahead, you can either send the file to me here or add a merge request via https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri

First of all, I'd like to appreciate you for the resurgence of this mod. This is probably one of the most active mods in this site.

Now, I tinkered around with the GitGud Repo and I've added a "Designate Paelax"(Name TBD) interaction for all paelaxes and domina, costing 300 piety. Currently, only one interaction option exists for the player namely "Designate Paelax as House breeder", which adds a new trait paelax_designated_breeder, boosting fertility and some other birth stats

I generally like to give out Duchy level titles to Paelaxes and try to keep their descendants contained within that duchy itself. As such, this interaction also changes the recipients dynasty to the players dynasty and creates a cadet branch. Thus I end with each duchy being ruled by one cadet branch of my dynasty. 

I also tried with creating some more traits for designating a paelax. One idea was to designate paelaxes as High Priestesses giving faith related bonuses, increasing their county conversion rate etc.

I'd love to hear suggestions for more traits for this interaction from all.

Please keep in mind this interaction is to specialize your paelaxes in various tasks that you might have wanted. All opinions/suggestions are welcome.

My question for you @ban10 is firstly how do I generate the .dds files for these new traits? And, secondly, do I simply raise a PR for you to check these additions?

I am testing the last github master version and getting another script error : 

[jomini_script_system.cpp:276]: Script system error!
  Error: dynasty trigger [ Failed context switch ]
  Script location: file: events/regula_bloodline_events.txt line: 318

Edited by Finisher
40 minutes ago, Finisher said:

I am testing the last github master version and getting another script error : 

[jomini_script_system.cpp:276]: Script system error!
  Error: dynasty trigger [ Failed context switch ]
  Script location: file: events/regula_bloodline_events.txt line: 318

Also I'm not sure if this is intended or not but random characters are getting the Bloodline traits, these two in particular :

image_2023-07-05_180206207.png.4c04d9c3adeccd1afeddf551448955ac.pngimage_2023-07-05_180406105.png.a7266470457ad90373c3d7ab36b55481.png

I've not started the mod by taking the peddler decision yet but as I've said I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not. I've played for 51 years there are 460 characters with these traits in total.

On 6/29/2023 at 11:21 PM, ban10 said:

The multitasker trait is gained after having three of your wives pregnant (simultaneously), its not a regula bloodline trait but a general one, so you can get it at any time.
Some men (with at least three wives) could get this if they are lucky, just like how the Bun in the oven blood (women with six kids+ get this trait) can be achieved by AI characters.