On 6/28/2023 at 11:30 PM, TentaclePentacle said:

isn't the variable for concubines

number_of_consorts

I have tried adding that line in that file before with no affect. I'll try adding in the variable number_of_concubines

Edit tested it with the number_of_concubines variable didn't work. Something happens when releasing the keeper and with the religion change concubine is disabled. I even when into the file \Regula_Magistri\common\religion\religions\regula_religion.txt and change the line for marriage to doctrine = doctrine_concubines

Still didn't work. When the keeper is freed the concubine list is gone and no way to add new concubines.

You are correct, my bad, its number_of_consorts for doctrines.
I've had a big brainwave, I think its because of the Magisters succession law.
Can you try adding the following to the file "Regula_Magistri\common\laws\regula_gender_succession_laws.txt"
underneath "flag = men_can_have_multiple_spouses"
add "flag = men_can_have_consorts"

I dont know what happens though, can you have multiple spouses and/or concubines? That would be pretty interesting gameplay wise I think.

23 hours ago, ieraceu said:

@ban10 So, I'm getting a CTD with just Carn and Reg enabled. It appears to be when a random event is trying to fire, as when I save scum I can eventually get past the point were the game crashes. However, the event (or whatever it is) inevitably tries to run again, causing the game to crash. What do I need to look for to figure out what's causing the crash?

Edit: Uploaded the error log if you need it.

error.log 39.44 MB · 2 downloads

Oh lawd, thats a big error file, I've had a look and unfortunately nothing stands out. Can you tell me a bit more about what you were doing/ what happened before the crash?
Also, how often does the random event fire? (when you save scum past it)

8 hours ago, Monedeath said:

So, playing a new game on 2.5.0 and have held my first orgy. And saw this in the event history. It actually happened twice, once with each of my charmed vassals(all two of them)

Screenshot 2023-06-29 073700.png

Haha, whoops I messed up, this is now fixed in the master branch. (I also just released 2.5.1 which has this fixed as well)

2 hours ago, krollbotid said:

Magister can give physical traits and cure any diseases of his lovers... But if he slept with one of them, who has STD, Magister can't do anything but infect all of them :( Check whom you're inviting to orgy:image.png.ec286e31c75fbcd1d58038c49c055d08.png

Idk how iw would be balance, but I think that giving mighty Exarch possibility to cure himself from STD is a good idea.
Nevermind, next event on the same orgy cure MC and his lover from lover's pox. But I need to demand her divorcing, because she already infected her husband (wh is my brother and was used for selection)

So, I added disease immunity to the Magister when you do the relaxing bath event, and also doing the health bonus gives you immunity to disease for a while as well.
Mutare corpus now also gives disease immunity when you do the sexual boost.
It is annoying though I admit, but of all the things to cause the Magisters downfall STDs is perhaps the most ironic end.

1 hour ago, Monedeath said:

Okay, another glitch has been encountered. Obtained the "multitasker" trait for my first Magister, while he was still alive, and after only having entranced a handful of women.

It was set for bloodline, without doing a code dive, I'm guessing he met the individual criteria. Not sure how/why it fired while he was alive though.

The multitasker trait is gained after having three of your wives pregnant (simultaneously), its not a regula bloodline trait but a general one, so you can get it at any time.
Some men (with at least three wives) could get this if they are lucky, just like how the Bun in the oven blood (women with six kids+ get this trait) can be achieved by AI characters.

Also, new update, fix some bugs, add a couple of tribal Regula buildings and change Mutare corpus to have more options (and be easier to use on multiple people)
Changelog in OP as always

Edited by ban10
1 hour ago, ban10 said:

Oh lawd, thats a big error file, I've had a look and unfortunately nothing stands out. Can you tell me a bit more about what you were doing/ what happened before the crash?
Also, how often does the random event fire? (when you save scum past it)

Haha. The only thing that's going on is I'm allied in a Tyranny War with the attacker, doing one Fascinate scheme, and I've got one building going. I've already tried cancelling the Fascinate scheme, no dice. If the crash happens, it's on the 8th of the month and will happen every one to two months. I've attached the save file if you want it.

Test 1.ck3

There is a pretty big error spam until you complete the "Free the Keeper of Souls" decision caused by these 3 repeating errors:

[jomini_script_system.cpp:276]: Script system error!
  Error: Invalid right side during comparison 'faith'
  Script location: file: events/relations_events/regula_paelex_events.txt line: 174

Error: Failed to fetch variable for 'magister_character' due to not being set
  Script location: file: events/relations_events/regula_paelex_events.txt line: 174

Error: Event target link 'global_var' returned an unset scope

After you take the decision and the character faith variable gets set the problem goes away, however until then it creates such a high amount of spam that after 2 years of in game time it caused a 21 MB error log with 210k lines of errors.

Edited by Finisher
5 hours ago, ban10 said:

You are correct, my bad, its number_of_consorts for doctrines.
I've had a big brainwave, I think its because of the Magisters succession law.
Can you try adding the following to the file "Regula_Magistri\common\laws\regula_gender_succession_laws.txt"
underneath "flag = men_can_have_multiple_spouses"
add "flag = men_can_have_consorts"

I dont know what happens though, can you have multiple spouses and/or concubines? That would be pretty interesting gameplay wise I think.

YES!!! That worked. Thanks. Now I can have multiple wives and multiple concubines. The advantage of having wives is that you can import them from over seas, while concubines is a domestic product which you can give out as gifts. I've been giving out concubines as gifts to earn opinion points.

So i was trying to retire a paelex who is queen of france and i noticed it didn't let me because her heir is a man, which was strange so i checked the kingdom of france and for some reason it doesn't have hereditas magistri, instead the succesion is set to male only(all my other kingdoms have hereditas magistri as they should), weirdest part is i remember the same thing happening a while time ago also with the kingdom of france, so it's not a new issue

Edited by Jelhe
On 6/28/2023 at 5:33 PM, blackhelm said:

Also, I would like, very long term, to have two limiters on the Paelexes and Dominas - a lockout that prevents them from revoking titles and another that prevents them from declaring wars against other Paelexes or the Domina.  Super annoying to have a wife become unlanded because another wife in the harem revoked a title or started a claim war.  I think it should be as "easy" as cloning the interaction to revoke title and the Causus Belli files and overriding the vanilla files, and adding limiters that says if they have a "Devoted" trait they can't take the decision or declare the war against another person with a "devoted" trait.  And by "easy" I mean a lot of work but maybe actually possible to achieve very long term?  Not sure if there's something else that would need to be considered.  And it would probably make the mod incompatible with many other mods that overhaul CBs.  So rather pie-in-the-sky.

I agree with those points and would also like that and add two more points:

• Stoping them from using hooks on you. So annoying if they get a random hook from a tour and then mess up feudal contracts with concil rights. Even worse if its after you made them immortal and cant even change their contract anymore.
  • No murder schemes on other Paelexes or the Domina.

First of all thank you very much for the mod.

Is it possible to add an option where we can choose to not accepting the newborn as our own child? It’s gets really annoying real fast as you walk down the harem path. The UI is simply not meant for managing 30+ kids.

Can we choose to offer the newborn to the demon god or something?

Also, currently when you choose to reap the soul of characters it would also remove the tits trait. Can this be prevent? I mean it’s not that much of a deal but considering the whole point is to grab titties and personally would want to make sure I grab the right tits.

Edited by a60869609
7 hours ago, Jelhe said:

So i was trying to retire a paelex who is queen of france and i noticed it didn't let me because her heir is a man, which was strange so i checked the kingdom of france and for some reason it doesn't have hereditas magistri, instead the succesion is set to male only(all my other kingdoms have hereditas magistri as they should), weirdest part is i remember the same thing happening a while time ago also with the kingdom of france, so it's not a new issue

This may not be a bug.

Some of those rule/inheritance changes require the female character in question to enact the change using standard game mechanics. The larger a kingdom is, the more expensive it becomes to do that. So in the case of France, it's that she doesn't have enough prestige necessary to enact the change.

1 hour ago, Monedeath said:

This may not be a bug.

Some of those rule/inheritance changes require the female character in question to enact the change using standard game mechanics. The larger a kingdom is, the more expensive it becomes to do that. So in the case of France, it's that she doesn't have enough prestige necessary to enact the change.

Hmm, yeah that might be it, still it's a bit annoying

21 hours ago, ieraceu said:

Haha. The only thing that's going on is I'm allied in a Tyranny War with the attacker, doing one Fascinate scheme, and I've got one building going. I've already tried cancelling the Fascinate scheme, no dice. If the crash happens, it's on the 8th of the month and will happen every one to two months. I've attached the save file if you want it.

Test 1.ck3 38.76 MB · 0 downloads

I'll try and have a look at this and see if I can figure out the issue.

20 hours ago, Finisher said:

There is a pretty big error spam until you complete the "Free the Keeper of Souls" decision caused by these 3 repeating errors:

Error: Invalid right side during comparison 'faith'

Error: Failed to fetch variable for 'magister_character' due to not being set

Error: Event target link 'global_var' returned an unset scope

After you take the decision and the character faith variable gets set the problem goes away, however until then it creates such a high amount of spam that after 2 years of in game time it caused a 21 MB error log with 210k lines of errors.

My bad, looks like I forgot to use the ?= symbol here.
In fact, refactoring this let me fix the succession law as noted by Jelhe below.

17 hours ago, TentaclePentacle said:

YES!!! That worked. Thanks. Now I can have multiple wives and multiple concubines. The advantage of having wives is that you can import them from over seas, while concubines is a domestic product which you can give out as gifts. I've been giving out concubines as gifts to earn opinion points.

Hmmm, thats a pretty interesting style of play. Might look into that at some point and see if I should add it to the mod as a whole somehow.

14 hours ago, Jelhe said:

When fixing the script error above I also fixed this as well.
I did this by checking if any of their titles had the male only/male preference/ equal title law (this is what the title of France has, male only TITLE law).
This way it should fix itself by removing the title laws, allowing the realm law to take its place.
Unfortunately this might also remove eg saxon elective or something like that if they have male only + saxon elective but I think thats rare enough to accept as a side effect.

13 hours ago, Willaberhaben said:

I agree with those points and would also like that and add two more points:

• Stoping them from using hooks on you. So annoying if they get a random hook from a tour and then mess up feudal contracts with concil rights. Even worse if its after you made them immortal and cant even change their contract anymore.
  • No murder schemes on other Paelexes or the Domina.

A good shout but unfortunately I'd probably need to change a lot of vanilla effects/events to try and change this. Something to look into but low on the list atm.

12 hours ago, a60869609 said:

First of all thank you very much for the mod.

Is it possible to add an option where we can choose to not accepting the newborn as our own child? It’s gets really annoying real fast as you walk down the harem path. The UI is simply not meant for managing 30+ kids.

Can we choose to offer the newborn to the demon god or something?

Also, currently when you choose to reap the soul of characters it would also remove the tits trait. Can this be prevent? I mean it’s not that much of a deal but considering the whole point is to grab titties and personally would want to make sure I grab the right tits.

On the first suggestion I personally wouldn't make such an option for this mod, my vision for the Magister is someone who (though lustful and a womanizer!) cares deeply about all of his kids, so disowning them or sacrificing them would against this core theme of "family". You can always just marry them off to faraway lands if you dont want them. Maybe something I could look at is a decision to add/remove magical contraceptive, that would be alright.

For reaping souls, that's something I could try and fix/change, I used a function that cleared all character traits to make it easier for me to "wipe their personality" but I could look at trying to replace their personality traits while keeping any physical traits unchanged.

My vassals are changing their inheritance laws and ending up with men in charge. Seems to be caused by internal rebellions and the cultural elective decisions. Even after reinstalling my wives the laws stay. Is there a way I'm not seeing other than revoking the whole title to fix it?

3 hours ago, ban10 said:

Hmmm, thats a pretty interesting style of play. Might look into that at some point and see if I should add it to the mod as a whole somehow.

One of the things you can do is give out a concubine to some foreign king and they will be in their court. They will be an agent for your schemes. Maybe there can be a storyline where a charmed concubine is sent to a foreign court and corrupts their whole court and take over from within.

1 hour ago, givesloots said:

My vassals are changing their inheritance laws and ending up with men in charge. Seems to be caused by internal rebellions and the cultural elective decisions. Even after reinstalling my wives the laws stay. Is there a way I'm not seeing other than revoking the whole title to fix it?

Revoke, destroy then create the title again.. Probably the easiest way

7 hours ago, ban10 said:

Maybe something I could look at is a decision to add/remove magical contraceptive, that would be alright.

That would be good, cause the Carnalitas option can slow down birth rate (sometimes sort of) but definitely doesn't work properly.

Even better would be if it's possible to have a means of making some wives be breeders and other unable to have kids. Perhaps a choice when making a Paelex to have them fertile or not or something similar. I've personally been using the console to dish out the celibate trait to the bulk of wives while keeping some breeders, like the primary spouse and council. It works but can be a bit tedious and comes with negatives to piety.

9 hours ago, ban10 said:

I'll try and have a look at this and see if I can figure out the issue.

My bad, looks like I forgot to use the ?= symbol here.
In fact, refactoring this let me fix the succession law as noted by Jelhe below.

When fixing the script error above I also fixed this as well.
I did this by checking if any of their titles had the male only/male preference/ equal title law (this is what the title of France has, male only TITLE law).
This way it should fix itself by removing the title laws, allowing the realm law to take its place.
Unfortunately this might also remove eg saxon elective or something like that if they have male only + saxon elective but I think thats rare enough to accept as a side effect.

A good shout but unfortunately I'd probably need to change a lot of vanilla effects/events to try and change this. Something to look into but low on the list atm.

On the first suggestion I personally wouldn't make such an option for this mod, my vision for the Magister is someone who (though lustful and a womanizer!) cares deeply about all of his kids, so disowning them or sacrificing them would against this core theme of "family". You can always just marry them off to faraway lands if you dont want them. Maybe something I could look at is a decision to add/remove magical contraceptive, that would be alright.

For reaping souls, that's something I could try and fix/change, I used a function that cleared all character traits to make it easier for me to "wipe their personality" but I could look at trying to replace their personality traits while keeping any physical traits unchanged.

I have been studying the script on rending soul event. If it is ok with you, maybe I can help to implement it and send you the file?

Edited by a60869609

A strange compatibility Bug:

Regular Buildings will be covered by the “cities of wonder 3 ”, then they don't appear in the choosing list, even when regular magister load behind "cities of wonder 3" 

To be honest, I can't understand how it happen, these mods don't have same txt to cover each other

One thought on Mutare Corpus abilities.

In some cases you want to check traits before implementing new personality traits that could present a malus to that trait/stat.

While you certainly want your Spymistress to be honest with the magister, having one that is honest with everyone is more problematic. ;)

12 hours ago, givesloots said:

Hopefully the latest fix in master will fix this, it will make sure that male only inheritance title laws are destroyed automatically (without costing anything to the ruler) during a maint check every few months to make sure charmed rulers (and your vassals) have the correct succession law.

7 hours ago, Uzhirian said:

That would be good, cause the Carnalitas option can slow down birth rate (sometimes sort of) but definitely doesn't work properly.

Even better would be if it's possible to have a means of making some wives be breeders and other unable to have kids. Perhaps a choice when making a Paelex to have them fertile or not or something similar. I've personally been using the console to dish out the celibate trait to the bulk of wives while keeping some breeders, like the primary spouse and council. It works but can be a bit tedious and comes with negatives to piety.

Yeah, that could be a good idea, I could maybe make a trait for each and have an interaction to set each one.

5 hours ago, a60869609 said:

I have been studying the script on rending soul event. If it is ok with you, maybe I can help to implement it and send you the file?

Sure, go ahead, you can either send the file to me here or add a merge request via https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri

5 hours ago, false0528 said:

A strange compatibility Bug:

Regular Buildings will be covered by the “cities of wonder 3 ”, then they don't appear in the choosing list, even when regular magister load behind "cities of wonder 3" 

To be honest, I can't understand how it happen, these mods don't have same txt to cover each other

I think I know why, its because of this file "Regula_Magistri\common\holdings\regula_holdings.txt". Its really silly, but each type of holding (castle,tribal,temple,city) has a hardcoded list of buildings they can build, which is why every building mod is incompatible with each other. Really silly design decision from paradox imo. Why couldn't they just have each building say what holding they can be a part of and then populate the building lists that way?

5 hours ago, Monedeath said:

One thought on Mutare Corpus abilities.

In some cases you want to check traits before implementing new personality traits that could present a malus to that trait/stat.

While you certainly want your Spymistress to be honest with the magister, having one that is honest with everyone is more problematic. ;)

Hmmm, this is a tricky one to think about. Honestly I do think the whole "change personality" idea needs a bit more work.
The general idea though is to get them closer to the "virtues" of Regula Magistri, via getting rid of "sinful" traits. 
What would you suggest on improving it?

1 hour ago, BlackSonic111 said:

Possible bug report, I think I'm not getting 0,1renown per Paelex, as is Concubinocracy tenet. It looks like it works for development, but doesn't for taxes.

image.png.edbf605d13cede3f504eae3f5823b003.png image.png.180aa17fc098dbe317cdd347a36d8abb.png

I have 18 Paelex wifes.

If you mouse over the +2.39 of "Magister Centule of Francia" you should see the assistance bonuses from your Paelex.
Each paelex gives 0.25 piety, so 18 * 0.25 = 4.5, so thats correct.
Can you show taxes? It should have the bonus in there somewhere.

3 hours ago, ban10 said:

Hmmm, this is a tricky one to think about. Honestly I do think the whole "change personality" idea needs a bit more work.
The general idea though is to get them closer to the "virtues" of Regula Magistri, via getting rid of "sinful" traits. 
What would you suggest on improving it?

I don't know how easy this would be to pull off as a "dynamic menu" selection item, but maybe have it check target base stats, and in the event that intrigue is their highest base stat, offer some special rituals specific to that which can undo things like trusting/honest which decrease their intrigue score. (And give them an alternative trait instead)

Annoucement

One of the contributors on the GitGud repo accidently used their real username / name for their commits
In order to protect their anonymity I've filtered the Git history (normally a big no-no in software dev) to remove their name, this unfortunately does cause a few issues with the git history being "broken".
For anyone that contributes via GitGud merge requests, please re-fork the repo and delete your old version. Make sure to backup any changes or work you had in progress, as that should be fine to move over.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused (especially if you were working on something) but I think its pretty important to make sure people get to remain anonymous if they want to.

Hi there!
Would it maybe be possible to automatically add the "loyal" trait to your compeditae when they are in your or another compeditaes realm and add the
"disloyal" trait when they are in the court or a vassal of an uncharmed character?
2 hours ago, BlackSonic111 said:

Question, how to 'claim those under my care', for bloodline goal?

image.png.322d29d20d1e87d936608a014994ccf5.png

Raise a female ward to adulthood, and an event should fire that allows you to charm them once they turn 16.

It should also work with any female wards your wives have, with them bringing them to you so they can be charmed, usually with some flavor text as to whether that wife is struggling with the betrayal of trust aspect of that action, or if they are eagerly presenting them to you.

Edited by Alucia2001
missing context