5 hours ago, thalse said:

Hello i have issue, for some reason, every new born in the entire world map have those traits and whenever they reach 16years old, it land a massive number of pop up that ask me to convert them as if they were my daughters.

I have the same issue and it seems that my mod list is quite different from yours with only carnalitas and regula Magistri overlapping.

Edited by Willaberhaben
4 hours ago, Willaberhaben said:

I have the same issue and it seems that my mod list is quite different from yours with only carnalitas and regula Magistri overlapping.

I think i found the issue. In the event folder there is a regula_bloodline_events.txt

in this txt there is the following code 

I think the issue come from the "any_dynasty_member", basically it gives the trait to every npc who has a dynasty no matter which one it is.

I don't know if there is a way to only give it to the player dynasty members, maybe "player_dynasty_member" ?

i'm gonna have to do some testing as i'm just discovering how everything works.

Edit : after a bit of digging "any_close_family_member" seems to be an option.

image.png.fe679810b1e40ad18f2dffbc58765d4a.png

Edited by thalse
8 hours ago, ieraceu said:

@ban10 So, I got a couple of feature suggestions.

1) Is there any way to have the mulsa/palex have their weight set and then frozen to an average weight. Furthermore, you could have an option in the ritual or in the book settings to setup your ideal weight for those that like them exxtra thick, or model skinny.

2) What about adding an event for a fascinated woman, that is a regent, where they take over the title of their ward/liege. Kind of like the existing option for a wife to overthrown their husband and take their titles.

3) Speaking of which, my last though is that the said women do not have the option to overthrow their husband if they are already landed. Could you enable these women to also overthrow their husband and add the husband's title(s) to their existing title(s). A derivative of this could be a mix with the subservient war where the women is married to their liege.

Good ideas!
I'll add them to the issues list.

5 hours ago, xxdungeonxx1 said:

@ban10   Thanks for continuing the mod. One question, the gender law should be Male Only or Hereditas Magistri, because I keep having the orbas problem of not havig them as wives and reclaiming them every minute.

It should be Hereditas Magistri for your titles.
If you are having trouble keeping wives, check if you have a cultural tradition that changes the number of wives you can have, eg polygamy, concubines or monogmy. 
Its probably interfering with the number of wives you can have, as culture overwrites the religion. 

1 hour ago, thalse said:

I think i found the issue. In the event folder there is a regula_bloodline_events.txt

in this txt there is the following code 

I think the issue come from the "any_dynasty_member", basically it gives the trait to every npc who has a dynasty no matter which one it is.

I don't know if there is a way to only give it to the player dynasty members, maybe "player_dynasty_member" ?

i'm gonna have to do some testing as i'm just discovering how everything works.

Edit : after a bit of digging "any_close_family_member" seems to be an option.

image.png.fe679810b1e40ad18f2dffbc58765d4a.png

Haha, I fixed this in master as I noticed it as well.
Its quite a subtle bug, but it makes sense.

Essentially the problem here is "scope", which is the current object being looked at.
In an event, the root scope is the character, which in this case is every single three year old across the entire world.

The any_dynasty_member is actually a trigger. What we want to check is
"Does any member of this three year olds dynasty have this bloodline trait? If so, lets add it to this child as well"

What I forgot to do is scope into dynasty first, eg

dynasty = {
	any_dynasty_member = {
		even_if_dead = yes
		has_trait_with_flag = regula_bloodline_magister
	}
}

You can only use the trigger "any_dynasty_member" when the current scope is a dynasty, I had just assumed that characters were able to check their dynasty at their scope.
(I assumed this because things like any_close_family_member DO work at the character level!)

Apologies if none of this makes any sense, but yeah its now fixed in master as I saw it happen as well XD.

Edited by ban10
18 minutes ago, ban10 said:

Essentially the problem here is "scope", which is the current object being looked at.
In an event, the root scope is the character, which in this case is every single three year old across the entire world.

"Does any member of this three year olds dynasty have this bloodline trait? If so, lets add it to this child as well"

dynasty = {
	any_dynasty_member = {
		even_if_dead = yes
	}
}

You can only use the trigger "any_dynasty_member" when the current scope is a dynasty, I had just assumed that characters were able to check their dynasty at their scope.
(I assumed this because things like any_close_family_member DO work at the character level!)

Apologies if none of this makes any sense, but yeah its now fixed in master as I saw it happen as well XD.

Oooooooooooh so that's how it works, I was completely wrong in my assumptions x)  thanks for the explanation.

Edited by thalse

Want to comment that cheating seems to be crazy high with RM2 in compared to not. The bastard event and affairs happens constantly it feels like with RM2. Way more than it should imo. It's ment to be your harem. I'd assume the charmed girls would be loyal to you and not go and have affairs all over the place.

11 hours ago, ban10 said:

Good ideas!

@ban10 One thing to think about with the weights though it that a lot, if not the majority (including myself), use Physical Attributes with CBO. I have no idea how difficult that will be to make compatible.

5 hours ago, rockshock said:

Want to comment that cheating seems to be crazy high with RM2 in compared to not. The bastard event and affairs happens constantly it feels like with RM2. Way more than it should imo. It's ment to be your harem. I'd assume the charmed girls would be loyal to you and not go and have affairs all over the place.

It is a base game issue that has been on-going for awhile. The more wives you have, the more chances you have for such an event to fire.

For example, standard game rules expect no more than 4 spouses/concubines at a time. So if Paradox balanced it so someone with 3 spouses/concubines would get an infidelity event event every 20 years... Then someone with 30 can expect one every 2 years. 60 spouses means 1 such event a year on average(you can have more/fewer). If you're up to 90 spouses, on average you could see one every 6 months.

Now on top of that, the RM religion has been altered to find adultery acceptable in order to address issues with the Magister having kids out of wedlock. Which means that "once every 6 months" just became a lot more common than that, because they see nothing wrong with the behavior.

And getting back to the opening comment, Paradox seems to have hard coded some of the events, so not much to be done. As to the others? You have to find the events themselves first, then try to code it so the game will do what you want instead.

On 6/12/2023 at 5:12 PM, ukrug1 said:

Sometimes the rulers I Fascinare convert back to Christianity but they keep the Mulsa trait, can you get them back in the fold in any way?

@ban10 I don't think this question ever got answered and I've had the issue as well and it seems kind of strange that people that have been magically charmed can convert back. Maybe add something so that they lose the Mulsa trait if they convert from the Magistrian religion? Broke free from the power or something like that? Possibly expand on the dynamic so that now they are resistant since they've experienced being charmed before so the player has to be more selective in who they charm and when.

I've also looked into how to get Mutare Corpus to give XP for Physician, Blademaster, and both tracks of Hunter. I've attached the updated file but there is one quirk that I haven't figured out yet. Once the trait has full XP it can still trigger as the random effect causing that Mutare Corpus to be potentially wasted if you already maxed the physical trait.

6/26/23: Figured out how to limit the XP proc and after testing didn't have a wasted use of Mutare Corpus. It is a random proc chance though so I may have just gotten lucky when testing it. @ban10 not sure if this is something you are interested in adding to the main mod. I have it set to give one rank per trigger but it can be adjusted easily for balance purposes.

regula_mutare_corpus_effects.txt

Edited by merrick1031
Typo's and expanding on explanation. New Edit 6/23/23: cleaned up the txt file a little but still not working right. New Edit 6/26/23 Solved the XP effect, maybe.
On 6/21/2023 at 6:50 AM, ban10 said:

Good ideas!

It should be Hereditas Magistri for your titles.
If you are having trouble keeping wives, check if you have a cultural tradition that changes the number of wives you can have, eg polygamy, concubines or monogmy. 
Its probably interfering with the number of wives you can have, as culture overwrites the religion. 

dynasty = {
	any_dynasty_member = {
		even_if_dead = yes
	}
}

Thanks for the answer, the problem was a RICE added tradition to normans, another question, Could one change one of the tenents after chosing? or is always set?

17 minutes ago, Grimmdal said:

what difference does the choice in the beginning of creation make ? "they shall breed my children  "spread my word" etc. ?

tried both and dont see the difference

The difference in those choices is that it alters one of the Tenets of the religion. By default the religion has the Sacred Childbirth tenet and you keep it by picking "they shall breed my children". The second option, depending on region selected, can replace Sacred Childbirth with 4 different tenets listed in the first image below. Britain doesn't have an alteration for the 2nd option. The "spread my word" option replaces Sacred Childbirth with a syncretism tenet relevant to the primary religion of the region selected as listed in the 2nd image. Britain is cut off but has the same changes as Europe. With holy sites being updated things might change.

image.png.63355bc62540db2eb02a1c4e3865bcd4.png

image.png.5b2a563dd547d9f877b757b2ddda8f11.png

Edited by merrick1031

I'm very thankful for the continuation of this mod. 

Some commands that might be interesting

For character trait:

inbreeding_chance = -0.1

max_personal_schemes_add = 10

For traditions:

culture_modifier = {
        culture_tradition_max_add = 100

I like to overpower, even more than already, the traits as an "in-universe game cheat" and Paradox build this game really easy to at least just look around.

Edited by Konstrukter2

@ban10 Is there a way to ensure that foreign female vassals choose a subservient war instead of a tyranny war? Of the 2 dozen or so vassals I've charmed only two have started a subservient war, the rest have either chosen a tyranny war, or have done nothing. I think that if a vassal feels like they are capable of launching a tyranny war then they would feel even more capable of launching a subservient war. Why would they choose a tyranny war over a subservient war?

4 hours ago, ieraceu said:

@ban10 Is there a way to ensure that foreign female vassals choose a subservient war instead of a tyranny war? Of the 2 dozen or so vassals I've charmed only two have started a subservient war, the rest have either chosen a tyranny war, or have done nothing. I think that if a vassal feels like they are capable of launching a tyranny war then they would feel even more capable of launching a subservient war. Why would they choose a tyranny war over a subservient war?

I'm pretty sure that it does that because their liege wants to revoke their titles and they say no so it starts a tyranny war.

1 hour ago, Gabe Lincoln said:

I'm pretty sure that it does that because their liege wants to revoke their titles and they say no so it starts a tyranny war.

Ysah, I suppose that's true. In that case, it could be a second way to start a subservient war.

1 hour ago, xxdungeonxx1 said:

I dont know why but im stuck with only the cenobite trait despise having lots of paelex, this didnt happen with the previous update. Also christian artifacts dont have full benefits despise choosing syncretism tenet.

Your trait does not depend on the number of paelex but on your piety rank. So earn more piety and you will level up your trait.

29 minutes ago, izayoixx said:

I don't know if it's just me but with the latest update, after finding the keeper of souls I don't lose the devotion levels nor do i gain the magister line of traits

Yeah I thought it was just me. I'm stuck at Cenobite even after conquering Iberia and completing the Struggle.

I'll have a look, if its happening to a lot of people its probably a bug

EDIT: Weird, still seems to be working for me, I also didn't change any of the code relating to changing the Magisters trait to match his piety level.
Hmmmm
Does someone have a save file they can send my way?

EDIT 2: I've made a change to master that might help here, instead of overwriting the on_piety_gain/loss on_action I've appended the effect of increasing/decreasing the Magisters trait to it.

Edited by ban10